• ...
5
 1
 1,106

Chapter 11: Kung Lao

Liu and Lao were walking in the tower. "I hope your girlfriend is worth Lord Raiden's anger, Liu Kang. You're jealous that AJ loves my hat." Kung Lao said.

"Notice that I am ignoring you." Liu didn't want to hear it. They looked around and Kitana was not bound to the statue. "What? She was right here, just like Jade told me!"

"Hmm... They must have relocated Kitana." Lao guessed. Just then, Sheeva was coming out of one door, and Noob Saibot coming out of the other.

"We have indeed." The black ninja responded. "We knew someone would come for her." Liu Kang handled Sheeva, while Kung Lao walked up to Noob. "May you join her in death! Get ready for a blackout!"

Kung Lao jumped over Noob's Shadow clone and kept hitting him with a dive kick until he was defeated. Once he was beaten, Lao, looked up to the shadow ninja and said, "Be thankful I chose not to spill your tainted blood." He walked up to him. "Who are you? Say, there is something familiar..." He looked to see Liu and Sheeva were still fighting. "Do you need help? Four arms against two is hardly a fair fight."

"Liu Kang?!" Lao turned around to see Goro, who let out a roar.

"You have had your match against Liu Kang. Now you will face me!" He tossed his hat at Goro until the Shokan was defeated. Lao looked and said, "Now if you had any honor left... you will tell us where Kitana is!"

"She has been taken to the Coliseum, where she has no doubt been executed."

"You lie!" Liu Kang stepped on his skull, knocking him unconscious.

"She may yet live. Let us go." Kung Lao said as they left the tower.

In the Coliseum, Ermac was fighting Johnny Cage. The actor kicked his opponent, but he grabbed his knee and punched him in the knee as he fell to the ground.

The Mane 7 were in their ninja outfits. Applejack looked at Rarity and said, "You must be really obsessed with this Mortal Kombat ninja thing."

"Yes, darling!" Rarity smiled.

"Ermac wins!" Shang declared. The monks arrived at the Coliseum and looked to see Kitana chained up.

"There's Kitana!" Lao pointed.

"I must free her!" Liu said as he walked with Lao.

"Not now!" Raiden warned him. "Smoke and Johnny Cage have been defeated, and I no longer sense Jackson Briggs' or Sonya Blade's presence in Outworld." The other thunder god and Shaolin monks stopped. "Despite my doubts to whether or not you are Earthrealm's savior, you must fight!"

"But I am not 'He Who Must Win'." Liu walked up to Kitana.

"Raiden!" Shao Kahn called out. "Put forward a worthy champion... if you can."

Kung Lao looked at Raiden. "Perhaps you are meant to be the victor." Raiden guessed. Kung Lao walked up to the arena.

"Bring your strongest pony before me!" Applejack walked up to the arena. "You will face Shang Tsung." The emperor stated. "And Quan Chi." The audience cheered.

"No Earthrealm boy or Equestria pony can stop this Deadly Alliance." Quan Chi stated.

"On that we agree." Shang added.

Applejack threw some apples at Shang, which he didn't like, while Kung Lao threw his hat on the ground as it got in Quan Chi's path. When they were defeated, Kung Lao looked at the defeated sorcerers and said, "It is done!"

"No, Kung Lao. Not nearly so." Shang endured.

The sorcerers got up and the gate behind Kung Lao opened up to reveal Kintaro. The monster let our a roar as the audience cheered for him. He walked up to Lao and Applejack and said, "I will eat
your hearts!"

"Woah, now that is crazy talk from someone who works for Shao Kahn when they belong in a zoo!" Applejack said.

"Hey! My parents got rejected from a zoo!" Kintaro yelled at the cowpony.

Kintaro blew fire at the Mad Hatters. Applejack bucked Kintaro in the knees while Kung Lao dived kicked at him from behind. Once the tiger was defeated Kung Lao laughed. The audience booed at the two winners as they took their hats off and waved them in the air.

"You see, Raiden?" Kung Lao said. "Kintaro is defeated, we won the tournament, and Earthrealm and Equestria are free from Outworld!"

Applejack looked at Kung Lao as they were about to kiss, but the kiss was cut short when Shao Kahn appeared behind Kung Lao and snapped his neck, killing him. "What in tarnation?!" Applejack screamed and ran back to the other ponies. The audience roared in happiness.

"Kung Lao!" Raiden said in shock.

"Nooo!" Liu said as he finished removing one of Kitana's chains.

"We were gonna wear each other's hats!" Applejack yelled.

"You cheated!" Rainbow Dash screamed in anger.

"I will strip the flesh from your bones!" Raiden said as lightning appeared in his hands.
Liu tackled the emperor and Raiden stopped. Shao Kahn knocked Liu on his back as he got up.

"Witless boy. Do you know who I am?" The emperor asked.

"The murderer of my friend!" Liu was angry.

"I am Shao Kahn! Konquerer of Worlds! You will taste no victory."

"You will taste your own blood!" Liu Kang shot fireballs, bicycle kicked, and uppercut Shao Kahn until he was beaten. Liu looked at the fallen emperor and told him, "On your feet!" Shao Kahn got up, barely conscious. Liu's fist caught on fire as he yelled, "For Kung Lao, the Shaolin and Earthrealm!" He punched the emperor in chest in slow motion, as the fist came out the other side of his body. Liu let go as Shao Kahn fell to his knees, spitting out blood. He fell to the ground, as he was dead.

"I cannot belive... Earthrealm has won... again." Shang said in a soft voice. Another golden light shone onto Liu Kang.

"The Elder Gods have spoken. Earthrealm and Equestria are free of Shao Kahn forever." Raiden announced to the ponies. Ed and Cordelia gave each other a hoof bump. Two Tarkatans picked Shao Kahn and carried him away. Kitana and Liu looked at each other briefly before they walked up to Raiden and got on their knees. Raiden continued, "But the price of victory was almost too steep to pay. kung Lao's death is my fault. I encouraged him. Our triumph was not meant to be achieved in this way. I see now. "He must win" refers to you. But to prevent Armageddon, you needed to defeat Shao Kahn, not Shang Tsung." Raiden looked at his amulet to discover that it has been cracked even more. "It cannot be! Shao Kahn is dead! Yet the future remains unchanged."
Pinkie Pie threw another victory party. Shang Tsung was looking at the victory party through a crystal ball in the throne room where all of the emperor's allies thought of what to do next.

"Shao Kahn is finished." Goro said.

"Mileena is his heir. She should rule." Baraka suggested.

"Mileena? She only because of my sorcery." Shang stated.

"And you breathe because I restrain mine!" a nearby voice said. Everyone turned around to see Shao Kahn was alive! Quan Chi was standing next to him. Everyone except Shang bowed to him.

"Emperor!" Shang said.

"You live!" Motaro said.

"How is this possible?" Trixie asked. "Trixie saw you die!"

"I am not so easily killed. Quan Chi accelerated my recovery." the emperor explained.

"Emperor, I--" Shang wanted to speak.

"Not. One. Word. Because of you, Outworld can neither be merged with Earthrealm NOR Equestria!"

"There may yet be an alternative, Emperor." Quan Chi suggested. "Invasion."

"Invasion?!" Shang said as Shao Kahn held his hand at him, telling him to not talk.

"Do you mock me?" The emperor said to Quan Chi. "Sindel's ward prevents me from setting foot in Earthrealm."

"Have you considered why your wife and empress chose to betray you in this particular fashion?"

"Of course. But even after milenia, her motives are a mystery."

"She realized that the safeguards afforded by the Elder Gods through Mortal Kombat are but fiction. She sacrificed herself to give protection the Elder Gods could not. So Earthrealm could not suffer as had Edenia."

"Indeed." Shao Kahn sat on his throne.

In the desert, there was a green swirl of magic. Quan Chi and Noob Saibot were looking at it.

"I have mastered the spells for her resurrection. Her ward will be nullified. And with it the barrier that prevents your entry into Earthrealm." From the magic swirl, a skeletal hand emerged out of the sand. "I will return her to you of course." Another skeletal hand emerged from the ground. "You will find her much more... cooperative."

"This is a very magnanimous offer." Shao Kahn stated. The rest of the skeleton emerged from the sand.

"I wish only to serve, Emperor."

"I am weary of sorcerers, Quan Chi. Prove your worth. Bring her to me."

Using magic, Quan Chi rolled the skeleton over and began to reproduce his skin. The skeleton began to scream during the process.

Once Sindel was fully resurrected, Quan Chi walked up to her, got on his knees, and said her name, "Sindel."

"Quan Chi?" Sindel was surprised to see the albino sorcerer.

"Shao Kahn looks forward to your return."

"The Emperor! Yesss. What of Kitana?"

"Kitana now allies herself with Earthrealm."

"Then she is no longer my daughter. Take me to Shao Kahn."

"Yes, Empress." Quan Chi said as he stood up. "The invasion of Earthrealm and Equestria can now begin."