• ...
5
 1
 1,105

Prologue

Once upon a time, in the land of Outworld, there were evil vultures with bloody beaks. They were feasting on the dead bodies of Earthrealm and Equestria warriors. Kung Lao was trapped by a giant skeleton hand, Scorpion was stabbed by Sub-Zero's ice sword, Johnny Cage had his head cut off, and Baraka got cut in half by Kung Lao's hat before he died. The The vultures were messing with Sonya Blade's dead body, another vulture wanted to feast on her, and the first one flew away. We then see the Pyramid of Argus, where Cyrax, Spike, Nightwolf, Zecora, Sheeva, Snips and Snails, Kabal, Starlight Glimmer, Kenshi, the CMC, Quan Chi, Trixie, Liu Kang, and even the Mane Six were dead. But wait! Raiden's still alive, and he gets knocked to the ground by Shao Kahn.

"Where are the Elder Gods, Raiden?" Shao Kahn said before picking him up again. "Their pathetic Mortal Kombat shackles me no longer." Raiden got slapped in the face and Shao Kahn threw him and in slow motion, his amulet, and a locket Princess Celestia gave him both fell on the ground. The amulet cracked, and Shao Kahn snapped the locket in half with his foot. Shao Kahn had his hammer in his hand. "They masquerade as dragons, but are mere toothless worms. I mean, Come on! They do nothing but stare at us all day!" Raiden turned around and was greeted by Shao Kahn's foot stomping his chest. "My venom spreads. My dark magic grows. It is the end of all things. Armageddon."

"STOP!" Raiden pleaded.

"It is done. ALL of your friends are dead, and those pathetic ponies were no match for my newfound dark magic." Shao Kahn grabbed Raiden with his fist. "Your time has passed." Shao Kahn said before throwing Raiden one last time. "Ages wasted in foolish resistance. Now is the dawn of MY rule." Raiden grabbed his broken amulet and locket. He sat on his knees and began speaking in an ancient language. "Yes, pray to the worms, Raiden. Pray to your wife. As your worlds end."

Shao Kahn killed Raiden with his hammer, but not before saying his last words: "He must win!"

Multiple scenes from the past occurred, including ones where Raiden was kissing Princess Celestia at a wedding, babysitting Flurry Heart, and events that are most likely to occur in the story. In the past, Raiden witnessed these visions, and Liu Kang was standing next to him.

"Lord Raiden, what is wrong?" Liu said.

"Strange visions, past memories in Equestria, and in one of them, Shining Armor and Princess Candace-"

"CADANCE." Liu corrected him.

"Cadance asked me to babysit Flurry Heart... AGAIN." He noticed his amulet was cracked.

"Your amulet!"

"It is nothing, Liu Kang. The tournament begins." Raiden said as he put his amulet back on.

Everyone was standing still, Except for Pinkie Pie who was excitedly hopping up and down. An old man is accompanied by 2 females, one wearing blue and the other wearing green. Queen Chrysalis was holding a cup of wine and gave it to him. With a motion of his hands, the spectators sat down.

"Kombatants." he said. "I am Shang Tsung! In the coming days each of you will fight." He took a quick sip from the wine. "Some are here of their own volition, others were brought here by chance." The Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer all smiled at Raiden, in which Raiden smiled back.

One of the fighters, Johnny Cage, who was in a totally different dress code, looked at a blonde named Sonya Blade and said "Hey, beautiful. Johnny Cage."

"Good for you." the blonde replied, not meeting him before.

"What? 'Massive Strike'? 'Citizen Cage'? 'Ninja Mime'? None of those ring a bell?"

"Kano..." the blonde recognized a familiar face.

"'Kano'? Wasn't in that one..."

Just then a blue pegasus with a rainbow-colored mane known as Rainbow Dash said, "HEY! Down in front! I'm trying to listen to Shang here!"

Shang Tsung continued, "You participate in the most important Mortal Kombat in history! This tournament, the tenth after 9 Outworld victories, will determine Earthrealm's fate. If you defeat all of your opponents, you will face one final challenge... me."

Johnny Cage laughed in awe. "Ha! That old geezer's the final challenge? They might as well give me the belt right now. They do have belts right?" When Johnny turned around, Shang Tsung was standing right next to him. "What? How did you-"
Shang glared at the Hollywood actor.

"Appearances can be deceiving."