• ...
5
 1
 1,105

Chapter 15: Nightwolf

Nightwolf has arrived at the graveyard. "Go! Your soul is not safe!" he said as Cyber Sub-Zero left.

"Earthrealm's fate is sealed, Nightwolf!" Quan Chi yelled.

"Not yet! We fight until the end!" Nightwolf said. Quan Chi used a spell an Nightwolf to make him walk to the sorcerer. Nightwolf kept reflecting Quan Chi's skulls back at him. Once the fight was over Nightwolf looked at the defeated Sorcer and said, "Your time is over."

Just then, Noob Saibot recovered from the fight with his former brother. The two fought until Nightwolf punched Noob into the Soulnado, pulling him in. It then started turning from green to purple. Quan Chi got back on his feet. Before he could get killed, he opened a portal and escaped. Nightwolf made a magic shield to protect himself. The Soulnado grew into a portal and destroyed everything at the intermediate radius of the graveyard. Nightwolf, however, was unharmed. He sat up and said, "Pilamaya."

Back at the temple, everyone was sitting or standing.

"But how do we know?" asked Sonya. "Raiden could be having visions of possible futures, not the future."

"Sonya's right." Jax said as he was looking at his new arms. "Was I supposed to have my arms replaced with these? Or was it caused by interfering with the timeline?"

"My head hurts just thinking about it." Johnny said.

"You look really badass with them." Pinkie cut him off.

"This isn't helpful. We cannot second-guess our decisions." Kitana said, turning to her step-uncle. "Raiden, what are your thoughts?" For a moment there was silence. "Raiden?"

"Yes, that is best." Raiden responded.

"What's our next objective?" Cyber Sub-Zero asked.

"Nightwolf!" Liu Kang said as everyone looked to see Nightwolf has returned.

"It is done. Earthrealm's souls are safe." Nightwolf said.

"Saving the souls is all for the best. But until this war is over, we must not rest!" Zecora told Nightwolf.

Raiden looked to notice his amulet has cracked yet again. "What?! No!" Raiden said. "How is it not enough?!" he slammed a palm down on the stone table. "I must speak with the Elder Gods. Shao Kahn's violation must be punished."

"But the battle is joined here, in Earthrealm!" Liu said to the other thunder god.

"We cannot win without the Elder Gods."

"But Master--"

"Liu Kang... close as a shadow..." Johnny said.

"Nightwolf, you will lead until we return." Raiden addressed the Native American.

"As you wish, haokah." Nightwolf said as Liu Kang and Raiden left with a flash of lightning.

"Well, now what?" Stryker asked. "Standing around here won't do us any good."

"We should start baking a victory cake after the invasion!" Pinkie said.

"Not now, Pinkie." Cyber Sub-Zero stated. "We need to focus on-" There was a moment of silence. "Wait." He turned around. "The Lin Kuei! They surround us!" Just then, an army of Lun Kuei Cyborgs appeared out of nowhere.

"So much for standing around..." Stryker said.

"Attack!" Nightwolf commanded.

Applejack hit a Lin Kuei cyborg with the weapon she got from an executioner in Dead Pool and said, "See, girls? I told y'all it may come in handy!"

Cyrax punched Nightwolf and hit him in the face. He recovered and kicked the yellow cyborg back. "My speed and skill are beyond you." Cyrax said.

Nightwolf kept shooting Cyrax with a bow and arrows until he was defeated. He looked at Cyrax and said, "Mere speed and skill will not win this war, Cyrax."

Sektor and Smoke were fighting on the stairs, as Sektor grabbed Smoke's elbow and said, "You are weak, Smoke." before pushing him down. "Now do you understand? The power of the Grand Master's vision? Just then, Nightwolf threw a glowing green axe at Sektor.

"You are no match for the power of the spirits." Nightwolf said. He kept on hitting Sektor with axes. Once he was defeated, he looked at the red cyborg and said,

"Perhaps even you can be saved."

The Earthrealmers and Equestrians have finished defeating all of the Lin Kuei cyborgs. "Y'all like that?" Applejack said as she kept bucking a Lin Kuei cyborg in the groin. Cyber Sub-Zero checked a Lin Kuei cyborg to make sure it was dead.

Kitana walked up to Nightwolf who asked, "What is it?"

"Mother..." Kitana said. Just then, Sindel walked into the temple, letting out a sonic scream. Sonya and Stryker were pushed to the stairs, Cyber Sub-Zero generated an ice shield, Jade tried to block it with her staff, the ponies and Spike covered their ears, Johnny held onto one of Jax's arms, and Nightwolf was unaffected.

"Come forward, if you dare." said Sindel. "I will finish what the Lin Kuei could not." Everyone came together.

"Y'all ready for this?" asked Applejack.

"Let's do this." said Jax.

"Attack!" Nightwolf said. He got out his axe, but she punched him in the face. Johnny tried next, but he was elbowed and punched in the chin. Kabal was kicked to the ground and Sindel's heel stepped on his respirator and laughed. Stryker was next, but he was punched in the face as blood spurred out, killing him instantly. The Mane 7, Spike, Zecora, Discord, Ed and Cordelia had Sindel surrounded and tackled her like in football, but there was an explosion, and Sindel knocked all of them out.

"She's too strong!" Starlight said.

"We have to keep trying!" Rainbow Dash told her.

Cyber Sub-Zero ran up, but was punched and uppercut. Sindel grabbed Jax's arms and kicked him in the neck. Smoke attempted to kick Sindel, but she grabbed his leg, kneed him in the groin, caught him in a sleeper hold, and snapped his neck. Sonya ran up but was kicked and KO'd. Sindel grabbed Jade's hand and punched her twice. Kitana tried to kill her mother, but Sindel grabbed Kitana's neck, and kicked Jade. Sindel then went Mola Ram on her and ripped out her organs before throwing it to the floor. Kitana tried to attack her mother again, but she kicked her to the floor.

"Mother, please!" Kitana said as she got on her knees.

"I am no longer your mother." Sindel said.

"Mother, this is not your way. Shao Kahn has corrupted you!"

"Shao Kahn has resurrected me! You have betrayed him. Embraced a pathetic cause."

"Remember Edenia, mother. Remember your rule before Shao Kahn's invasion!"

"Quiet, child. It is time for you to join your friends." Sindel said as she began to drain Kitana's soul.

"Monster!" Nightwolf said as he got up.

"Still alive? No matter. Soon you will reunite with your ancestors."

Nightwolf gave Sindel everything he got and eventually defeated her. He looked at her and said, "Now Sindel. Face the Spirits' judgement.

Sindel got back up and laughed. Nightwolf began a chant as a light surrounded him and he shot lightning at her.

Just then, Sonya groaned and said, "Raiden... Raiden, where are you?"

In the temple of the Elder Gods, Raiden and Liu Kang were standing. "Elder Gods, I beseech you. Earthrealm is in danger." Raiden said.

"We are aware of your plight, Raiden." they all said at the same time.

"Then you must intervene on Earthrealm's behalf."

"We cannot."

"But Shao Kahn... Liu Kang has bested him twice, yet he still--"

"Shao Kahn has not violated the rules of Mortal Kombat."

"What?! He invades Earthrealm as we speak!"

"Invasion itself is not a transgression. It is the merger of realms that is proscribed."

"A distinction without a difference! Innocents are dying at the hands of Outworld!"

"It is regrettable. But the Mortal Kombat tournaments are not intended to prevent certain outcomes. They are intended only to maintain balance among the realms."

"Please, you must--"

"We have spoken." The Elder Gods disappeared.

"The last doors are closing. We are nearly trapped." Raiden said.

Back in the temple, Nightwolf was knocked onto the alter, destroying it. Sindel grabbed Nightwolf with her hair.

"Victory is mine, Shaman." Sindel said as she began to steal his soul.

"Not if I... take it... from.. you." Nightwolf said. He did another chant as a blue light appeared around him. Liu and Raiden appeared back at the temple with a flash of lightning.

"By the Elder Gods!" Liu said upon seing Sindel and Nightwolf. They began to run as the light grew brighter. Liu and Raiden protected their eyes. Both Nightwolf and Sindel disappeared together as the light faded.

"Liu Kang..." Kitana said weakly. The rest of the ponies, and Spike walked up.

"Kitana!" Liu said as he ran up to her.

"Liu Kang... You were right. I wish we had met... under... different circumstances."

"Kitana! Don't leave!" Liu said, but it was too late. Kitana stopped breathing as Liu got on his knees. "They are dead."

"Liu Kang, I--" Raiden tried to speak.

"We abandoned them, and they're dead."

"My heart, too, is heavy with their sacrifice."

"Their deaths achieved nothing!" Raiden looked at his amulet as it cracked once more. "What is next, Raiden? Tell me the future! How do we honor their 'sacrifice'?"

"I climbed to heaven, now I must plunge into the depths. I will go to Quan Chi. Ally our realm with his against the forces of Outworld."

"What?!" Liu was shocked. "Grovel before Quan Chi?! What will he demand? What price will be paid?"

"Would any price be too high to save Earthrealm and Equestria?"

"I had prayed it not true. But you have gone mad, Raiden. Your visions. They are nothing. Delusions of an addled mind."

"Liu Kang, please."

Liu saw Johnny and Sonya get up.

"Enough." Liu said. "I must help the wounded. Leave on your hopeless quest." He walked up to Johnny and Sonya.

"May the Elder Gods protect you." Raiden said. "Twilight, come with me."

Twilight Sparkle walked up to Raiden and said, "I have a bad feeling about this." The two teleported in a flash of lightning.