• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 1,115 Views, 11 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Changeling Magic - Pinkie Pie Sweets



After almost being kidnapped, Sun along with some friends have to face a foe from her past.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,115

Chapter 5: Changeling Mayhem

The group are becoming scared to hear the changelings sensing their presence. Sun and the others are not sure what to do. Thorax constantly take deep breaths, and Starlight is trying to calm him down.

"This seems like one of those moments where we need a plan," Discord says.

"What kind of plan?! We have no magic, and it's not like my illusions are gonna save us!" Trixie asks in anger.

Starlight comes up with an idea, and ask, "Do you have any of your smoke bombs?"

"Are you kidding?" Trixie asks with a smirk on her face.

Understanding the idea, Sun takes out a small bag and hands to Trixie as she says, "Here's some of Pinkie's confetti bombs."

"Those could come in handy," Trixie says with a grin.

In the caves, the changeling patrol are searching for the intruders is they can capture them. They fly to see Trixie at the edge of the cliff. And nopony else is with her.

Trixie asks with a smirk, "Looking for somepony?"

Trixie throws one of her smoke bombs and disappears. The changeling stops in their tracks to see Trxie out of sight.

Trixie appear at a different tunnel and mocks, "Is that the best you've got?!"

Trixie then throws another smoke bomb. The changelings keep chasing the signal of the smoke bombs and try to capture Trixie. However, Trixie has been very elusive to catch. In the upper floor watching from one of the holes, the others can see Trixie being changed by the changeling patrol. What catch Sun and Starlight's attention os to see that two of the changelings fly to a different direction while the others chase Trixie.

"Not exactly great and powerful, but effective," Discord flatly replies.

"Hm. I'll take it," Trixie says with a smug on her face.

They turn around to see another Trixie, but still going to play it safe.

"Klutzy..." Starlight cautiously says.

"...draconequus!" The two Trixie answers at the same time.

The Trixie in front of them transform back into Thorax. The others sigh in relief to see Thorax.

Still not amused with the code word, Discord groan hearing the code word, "Ugh. I really think we need a new code word!"

"That was a pretty good plan," Thorax says, glad the plan worked.

Sadly, Trixie replies, "But we still don't know where we're going."

"I think we actually do," Sun clarifies.

"That's right. Two of the changelings didn't go with the rest," Starlight adds.

Thorax realizes this, and says, "Oh! With an intruder in the hive, they went to protect the queen! Good thinking, guys!"

Starlight nervously giggles, and Sun simply smile at Starlight.

Sun says, "It sounds like the hive and the queen depend on each other for survival."

"That's right," Thorax says with a smile.

Following the tunnel the two changelings have gone to, they look to see a strange green blue doors that looks like wings. Of course, with Thorax's help and careful walking, they are able to get to the door without getting caught. They see a lot of changeling guards along with a few changelings coming in and out of the door. The group continues to hide until they can come up with another plan.

"Now what?" Trixie whispers.

"We... go in," Starlight reluctantly answers.

"It won't be easy with the guards around," Sun replies.

"Even if I wanted to, there's no way past the guards. We'll be spotted for sure," Thorax nervously replies.

Starlight believes she comes up with a plan, "We need some kind of... distraction."

"I'm fresh out of smoke bombs," Trixie says after looking through her pouch.

"And I'm out of Pinkie's confetti bombs," Sun adds, showing them the empty bag.

"Normally, I'm the most distracting thing I can think of, but without magic…" Discord says, feeling a bit doubtful.

"Well, there is Screwball. Which reminds me, where is she?" Sun asks.

"She's went to Saddle Arabia for a little trip," Discord answers, with a smile.

He takes out some pictures from his bag, and says, "Here's some pictures."

The friends look at the pictures to see Screwball building sand castles, looking at the sites, and other kinds of fun.

Sun quietly giggles, and says, "That's Screwball."

Just then, Starlight says, "Still, I think I have an idea."

Starlight brings out Trixie's microphone and give it to Discord.

Discord looks at the microphone with a confused look, and asks, "Are you sure I can distract them with that?"

"You shouldn't underestimate yourself," Starlight replies.

Discord is not sure what the plan is, and how is using a microphone is going to help them.

At the door, the changeling guards are letting the other changelings in and out of the door. Once the changelings are through, they close the door and continue to keep guard. Discord steps in front of the guards, and tapes on the microphone for a minute.

Discord happily says, "Hello, changelings and changelettes! Believe me, I was just as surprised as you are that I'm here! When I heard that I'd be playing for a bunch of changelings, I was beside myself! Then I realized, it was just one of you."

The changeling guards are not amused, and being to snarl and glare at Discord. Then they begin to step forward.

Discord chuckles, and says, "But, seriously, this isn't the toughest crowd I've ever been in front of. But it's definitely the easiest to bug!"

The guards are starting to get a little confused, and one of them actually giggle while covering its mouth.

"To bug? Is this thing on?" Discord asks with the irritation and taping on the microphone.

The guards begin to snarl and glare at Discord as they begin to step forward so they can take him. Discord can see that the changelings are a tough crowd to please. Sun, Starlight, and the others begin to make their way to the door. Starlight slowly open the door a little, and they all sneak inside.

"Well, if you think that you can do any better, be my guest!" Discord scolds throwing the microphone. Then makes a run for it.

The other look to see the changelings are chasing Discord in the cave. They are at least glad Discord is able to distract them.

Trixie shows a straight look, and says, "It is absolutely ridiculous that that worked."

"Magic or not, Discord is a good with crazy distractions," Sun says with a smile, rolling her eyes.

"I wouldn't say that," Trixie bluntly remarks.

Meanwhile, Twilight and her friends are at the barn of Sweet Apple Acres having a calm conversation with Thorn and Stinger. For the whole day, Stinger and Thorn are having a wonderful time with Twilight and the girls. They feel that they end up making great friends. After that long day, the girls are having a BBQ next to the barn at the acres. Of course, they are well aware that Thorn and Stinger can't eat anything except love.

Thorn sighs with a smile and leaning on one of the trees, and says, "That was sure a great day."

"Yeah. You and Stinger played a hard game of soccer,"Rainbow replies.

"Sadly, Sonata and I felt the hard kicks you two did," Aria says with a little glare as she rubs her head.

Stinger chuckles nervously, saying, "Sorry about that. Thorn and I kind of thought of our… training while playing soccer."

"It's okay. It's just going to take some time for you two to get used to the changes you two have been doing," Rarity replies.

"Yeah. But you know, I actually like this," Thorn says.

"Me too," Stinger agrees.

"Like what?" Adagio asks.

"We actually like having friends here… and we actually love living here," Stinger answers.

"You do?" Fluttershy questionably replies.

"Yeah. We don't have to worry about changing into other people to get love," Stinger says.

"And we can go walking around here without anypony… I mean anybody being scared of us," Thorn happily replies.

"Sounds to me that this seems like a better life for you better than being changelings in Equestria," Applejack says with a grin on her face.

"True, but we do missing being back at home and we can just change our appearance than just putting on these… clothes and makeup," Thorn explains as she looks at her wardrobe.

"Don't get us wrong, but we love these clothes and all these activities this city has to offer, but we should like to go home," Stinger replies.

Thorn worriedly says, "Though, Queen Chrysalis will not be happy to find Sun in the changeling kingdom with other rescuers."

Thorn sighs, and adds, "And We're starting to think that Thorax is right about it."

"Right about what?" Pinkie asks.

"You see, even as a little changeling, Thorax always wanted a friend. While the rest train and taught that we need to feed love from others. Thorax wanted to make friends among other," Stinger says.

Then Thorn says, "However, we weren't acting friendly at all, and not keen on the idea about making friends, especially with ponies. I remember the day he left the hive. He said he wanted to learn about friendship, and wanted to teach us it so we don't have to feed off love of other ponies by force."

Thorn lets out a sigh, and says, "He was right."

"Yeah. We love being friends with you, and for some crazy reason... We don't feel hungry anymore," Stinger replies, rubbing his stomach.

"Yeah. I guess after he made friends with you guys, we forgot feeding love all together," Thorn adds with a reluctant smile.

Adagio sits down, and says, "That's what happens when friendship is welcomed into your life. My sisters and I went through the same thing."

"Yeah. We were like you and think of feeding negative energy to survive and don't think of what we do in order to accomplish being adored and had to constant feeding to survive," Aria adds.

Then Sonata happily says, "But once Sun gave us a change, we were able to change our ways. She not only help showed us there is another way with our problem, but she also help break our curse and destroy an even sorcerer from our past."

"Yeah. We're glad to hear that," Thorn says.

"And we are very glad to call you all, including Sun," Stinger replies.

Then the two happily cheer, "Our friends!"

After declaring their friendship, Stinger and Thorn begin to unleash a strange glow coming from their chest. The two then become consumed into cocoons. Twilight and the others are shocked to see this.

"Wha-what's happening?" Fluttershy stutters.

"I have no idea," Falling Star reluctantly answers.

The two cocoons open to reveal that Thorn and Stinger appearances have change. It's like they have become a different person.

Thorn skin has turned into a light purple color, and her hair has turn into a light pink hair in the same hair style, and light red eyes. She is now wearing a light blue blouse with a pink blouse jacket, a pink skirt, white shoes, and is wearing a necklace with three diamond shaped gems on it.

Stinger skin is now green, with dark purple hair still the same spiky hair, and dark purple eyes. His clothes has turned, a bright green shirt, purple jacket, blue jeans, black shoes, and has the same necklace as Thorn.

Thorn and Stinger look at each other to their shock to see they have changed.

"Thorn… is that you? Stinger asks, looking stunned.

"It's me… but is that you… Stinger?" Thorn questionably answers in shock.

Stinger look at the others, and asks, "What… happened to us?"

The main ten continue to stare at them in shock, and have no clue what has happened.

Pinkie breaks the silence, and says, "We should send Sun a message to let her know about this."

"Agree," The girls agree at the same time.

Back in the changeling hive, Sun and the others are waiting for discord to return. Sadly, he hasn't come back, which worry everyone on what happened to him.

"We can't wait for Discord. Between seeing him and Trixie, the castle will be crawling with guards soon," Thorax quietly panics.

This makes the others feel worried and scared about this situation, and worried about Discord.

"But if we do manage to destroy Chrysalis' throne, we'll need him. He could take on the entire changeling army by sneezing if he wanted to," Starlight worriedly says.

"He's probably already been captured!" Trixie quietly shouts, fearing what the worst.

Just then, they hear Discord's voice quietly asks, "Hello? Fellow rescuers?"

They look to see Discord getting through the door, and into the cave where they're at. Hearing the tone, they start to get an unsettling feeling back him. They come out of their hiding place to confront him, but keep their suspicions to themselves.

Thorax worriedly says, "We can't stay here. We gotta find the throne."

"Ooh! I heard some of the changelings who were chasing me say that they know where it is!" Discord says in a reluctant yet cheerful mood.

Everyone is starting to feel a bit uneasy, especially Sun. She is starting to get a suspicious feeling about this Discord.

Sun says to herself in though, "Discord is acting a bit strange. Even though he's from here, I know him better. And this Discord is not acting like him."

"Klutzy...?" Trixie says in a unsure tone while Sun says it firmly.

"Hmm? Oh. Yeah. I-I can be klutzy. Now, follow me," Discord says, acting a bit funny.

Discord then lead the group to where he says the throne room is. Starlight and the others know that this one is not the real Discord, and the real one must have been captured by the changelings.

"You know that's not Discord, right?" Starlight whispers.

"Obviously," Trixie bluntly remarks in a whisper.

"I know that not him. He doesn't act like that," Sun whispers in a stern tone.

"How do you know?" Trixie asks.

"Well, I was raised by the human version of Discord and Screwball back in the human world so I know how they behave. And that is not how my dad acts," Sun answers.

"Make sense. You practically know him as much as Fluttershy does," Starlight replies.

They then hear Discord calling out, "This way! We're almost there!"

They see Discord in front of a fork in the tunnels. Discord goes to the tunnel on the left, but Thorax knows what this Discord is up to.

"I know this trick. If he says to go left, we should definitely go right. He's leading us to a swarm waiting to attack!" Thorax says, warning the others of this trick from the disguised changeling. Then begin to get scared that his teeth are chattering.

They need to come up with a plan and fast. Trixie sighs seeing there is no other way.

She walks ahead and volunteers, "Okay, I'll handle it. You two just get ready to run into the other tunnel."

"Wait, what?!" Starlight reacts in shock.

Starlight runs to stop Trixie as she says in a scared tone, "Trixie, you can't! I won't know what to do! We've already lost Discord; I can't lose you too! Without magic, I…"

Sun walks over to them, and asks, "Is that's what's bothering you? You've been doubting about your leadership."

Starlight is stunned to hear Sun's question. Seeing there is no way out of it, Starlight decides to tell Sun about her doubts.

Starlight sadly nods her head, and says, "I was. I couldn't give anypony any advise at the Sunset Celebration, and I'm afraid on how things are going to turn out. I'm afraid of messing up."

"But I think I did anyway because I ended up using magic on them… again," Starlight sadly adds, hanging her head down.

Trixie hugs Starlight with her hooves, and says, "Starlight. You got us this far with just my illusions and Discord's annoying personality. You don't need magic to figure out what to do next. I know you're afraid to be in charge, but you are really good at it! Listen to your best friend."

"Trixie's right, you shouldn't doubt yourself. From what Twilight told me, you've come a long way, and we believe you can do it," Sun agrees with a calm smile.

Sun saddens, and adds, "And I know what it's like to be afraid of doing something that was so hard to do."

Starlight, Trixie, and Thorax look at Sun with shocked looks.

"I was afraid of coming back to Equestria knowing that I'll be seeing Queen Chrysalis after all these years. She almost got me killed. Fear of facing her has been on my mind, and yet… I decided to come back anyway because my friends are in trouble, and I need to stand up for them. Even if it means facing the same changeling I met so long ago."

The others are amazed, yet shocked to hear the reason why Sun decides to come and what she's been through.

"Wow, that was… very brave of you," Starlight says, starting to feel better.

"Yeah. Of course, I have a bad feeling that even if the changelings didn't take me Queen Chrysalis might knew that I will come back for the others," Sun states.

"Still, I know we can do this if we try," Sun says, starting to sound confident.

"Trust your friends on this," Trixie says with a reassuring smile.

Starlight begins to feel better about it, and decides to let Trixie do what she has to do for the team.

Trixie looks at Sun and says, "Sun… i may not know you, but I know you will be there for Starlight to help her out on this."

"Thanks, and… be careful," Sun replies with a worried smile.

Trixes walks into the cave where Discord is, and calls out, "Hey, Discord! Want to see the new trick I've been working on?"

Discord becomes a bit confused about Trixie's trick

Trixie puts a small cloth over both Trixie's hoof and Discord claw, wave her hoof around as she says,"I call it the…

"Changeling Catcher"!" Trixie announces taking the cloth off, revealing a rope of bandanas tying the two together.

Discord snarls in reply.

Trixie screams, "Run!"

Hearing the signal, the others make a break for the other tunnel. Discord growls in anger, and changes to the real form. The changeling tries to go after them, but trixie pulls on the bandana rope tight. She tries to pull as hard as she can, but is sidetracked to see a million of glowing blue eyes. Sadly, the changelings are in the tunnel, and Thorax is right about the setup.

Feeling sheepish, Trixie announces, "Ta-da…"

The next thing Trixie knows it, the changelings are attacking her. Trixie has been captured by the changelings, and Sun, Thorax, and Starlight are the only ones left.

Running through the caves, Sun, Starlight, and Thorax can see the changeling soldiers right behind them. They stop to come see three different tunnels. Starlight give them directions on which tunnel they need to take to lose them. When they gone to their different, the changelings end up taking the tunnel Thorax has gone to.

Sun runs through the tunnel, and has no idea where she's going. She then find herself hitting the wall of the changeling hive.

She sighs in relief and says, "I guess the changelings won't be finding me in here. I wonder if Starlight and Thorax are alright? Also… I wonder where I'm at?"

Sun takes a look out of one of the holes to see where she is. She is shocked to see a giant throne that is cracked and jagged. She smiles to see somepony else is in the room to, she can see Starlight in the throne room. Sun will like to go talk to Starlight, but noticed the shocked expression on her face as she looks up on the ceiling. Sun looks up, and lets out a gasp to see Discord, Trixie, Twilight and her friends, Spike, the princesses, Shining Armor, and baby Flurry Heart in the cocoon. Sun knows that the throne needs to be destroyed.

Before Sun can come out of her hiding place, a sinister and familiar voice appears in the room, "One little pony all by herself."

Sun looks up to where the cocoons to see somepony from her past. She sees Queen Chrysalis climbing on the cocoon to confront Starlight.

"Oh, how will I ever prevent this daring rescue?" Queen Chrysalis remarks with an evil look.

Sun gasps with her eyes widen to see the changeling queen. The memoirs of her seeing Queen Chrysalis and her glowing eyes caused Sun to become so paralyzed that she is unable to move. She's afraid facing her again after all these years. On the other hoof, Sun knows that her friends needs her, but the fear is unbearable for her. Sun doesn't know what to do about this. She really doesn't know.

Author's Note:

Looks like they got out of the oven and into the fire to be said. More like escaping changelings and to find themselves where their queen is.