• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 1,114 Views, 11 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Changeling Magic - Pinkie Pie Sweets



After almost being kidnapped, Sun along with some friends have to face a foe from her past.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,114

Chapter 4: Know The Changelings

Back in Equestria, Sun, Starlight, Trixie, Thorax, and Discord look to see the changeling kingdom. They see thousands of changelings flying around it, and they need a plan on how to get inside.

Confused, Discord says, "Oh, this is so strange. We're here and that's there, and I clearly meant for us to be there and not here,"

"Oh, I-I can probably explain…" Thora tries to speak up.

But Discord cuts him off, and says, "Oh, well. If at first you don't succeed…"

But before he can snap his lion paw, Starlight uses her magic to stop the process.

"Discord, I think it will be best not to rush into things," Sun says.

"She's right. Maybe we should come up with a plan first?" Starlight agrees.

Discord blows the magic from his paw and bordly asks, "A what?"

"You know, figuring out the best way to do something before you actually do it," Trixie sternly says with a bit of sarcasm.

Discord laughs as he pats Trixie on the head, and says, "Oh, that's adorable. But you see, unlike you, I can do anything."

"Uh, actually…" Thorax tris to explain.

Discord cuts him off again, and says, "That's all very nice, but really a waste of time. We have me. And what else could we possibly need?"

"A draconequus with magic and half a brain might help," Trixie insults as she rolls her eyes.

Discord glares at Trixie, and asks, Why are you here again?"

"I mean, it's not like you're going to stop the changelings by pulling a rabbit out of a hat. At least my magic can do something," discord adds, as he uses Trixie's hat to pull a copy of her from it. Both Trixies feel a bit insulted.

Sun sternly glares at Discord as she remember how the Discord she knows can be a bit… too prideful, and says, "Discord, we should listen to Thorax, and…"
But Discord loudly says, "Like this!"

Discord then snaps his fingers, and create an armor with a long pole, and riding on a pig wearing the same outfit.

Discord declares, "For Fluttershy!"

Riding on is pig, Discord begins to charge towards the changeling kingdom. But as soon as he is floats to the land of the changelings, his magic disappears. Hel yelp as he begins to all, but grabs the cliff in time. Discord climbs back up with a confused look, and annoyed look. He summons a pig again, and when it crosses to the land, it disappears as well. Is confused everypony, except Thorax.

Thorax firmly speaks up, "I've been trying to tell you! Nothing other than changeling magic works here. Chrysalis' throne is carved from an ancient dark stone that soaks up outside magic the same way changelings soak up love. It's how she keeps the hive safe."

"That's… actually kind of smart of her," Sun calmly replies.

"That what the rest of the hive said," Thorax replies.

Starlight nods her head in reply. Both Sun, and Starlight admit magic from their horns, and walk over to the end, and see their magic ancel out as well.

Trixie nervously asks, "So, uh, what kind of plan were you thinking?"

"Without magic, I have no idea. But nopony else is coming. So somepony better come up with something," Starlight says, sounding unsure about the situation.

The others, other than Sun can't seem to come up with a good plan.

"Anypony? Anything?" Starlight asks.

"It will be kinda hard to do much as long as the throne is around," Sun says in the open.

Starlight turns to Thorax and asks, "This throne… if we get into the hive and destroy it, can we get our magic back?

"Uh-huh! Thorax answers, nodding his head in response.

"Well, that's a terrible plan. How are we even supposed to get to the hive?" Discord asks in remark.

He looks to see the others begin to walk down the hill.

"Well Discord, there's only one way for us to get to the changeling kingdom without using any magic," Sun says.

"We walk," Trixie bluntly answers.

"I haven't walked that far in a millennia!" Discord whines as he shivers his neck and pull down his eyelids.

Everyone groan to hear discord complaining, and decide to continue walking o the changeling kingdom on hoof.

Sun mutters, "I hope the girls are having better luck than we are."

Back in the human world, the girls are playing some games with Stinger and Thorn. Surprisingly, the two are really enjoying themselves. They don't have to worry about Queen Chrysalis, or any of her orders while they're here, and this is the first time someone is actually treating them with kind hearts… despite on what they tried to do a few nights ago. Right now, they are playing a game of soccer, more like teach them how to. Well, most of them anyway.

Rainbow kicks the soccer ball on her knees as she asks, "Alright, you both remember the rules that I taught you?"

"We kick the ball to the goal," Stinger says.

Then Thorn adds, "Don't grab the ball with your hands unless you're the goalie and the ball is out of count."

"And don't cause any physical harm to the players," the two say at the same time.

Rainbow nods her head saying, "You got it."

"Before we get started, I'm going to need a few more who will play into two teams," Rainbow adds.

Applejack gets up as she says, "I'll play a few rounds."

"Me too! Me too!" Pinkie happily says, skipping to the group.

Aria and Sonata get up as Aria says, "We'll play a little ball."

Falling Star also gets up as she says, "I used to play a little soccer, but mostly into books. But I'll give it a shot."

"Well, looks like we're going to have four players. Three on the field one at the net," Rainbow says.

Then she asks, "I'll be captain on one team. Anyone else want to be captain for the other?"

"I'll be the captain," Applejack says, getting up and walking towards Rainbow.

Rainbow and Applejack stand in front of the group who is going to play.

Thorn asks, "How do we divide into teams?"

"It's easy, Rainbow and I will chose which of you is going to be on our team," Applejack.

The Rainbow says with confidence, "And as captain of the sports team at school, I'll go first. Aria, you're on my team."

"Sounds good, "Aria says, walking to Rainbow.

"Falling Star," Applejack replies.

Falling Star nods her head and walks to Applejack.

"Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow loudly says.

"Yay!" Pinkie cheers, and skips to Rainbow Dash.

"I'll go with you, Thorn," Applejack says.

Thorn nods her head and goes on Applejack's team.

"Stinger," Rainbow says.

Stinger make his way into Rainbow's team.

Sonata gets up, and says with glee, "Looks like I'm on your team, A.J."

Applejack giggles, and says, "Looks like it."

Sonata smiles and runs to Applejack's side to be on the team. The two teams begin to face each other, and are determine to play the game.

Twilight says, "I'll be the coach for the game for you guys, and Fluttershy can be scorekeeper."

"Then let's play!" Rainbow shouts in excitement.

"Yay!" Pinkie and sonata cheer with glee.

The two teams run over to the soccer field they have made at the field of the acres. They are ready to play. Twilight blows the whistle when they reach the field and they start to play. As they play, Stinger and Thorn begin to play hard with their friends, but the girls are able to teach them how to play. Thorn is able to score a goal. Of course, Thorn and Stings end up with habits of bumping into each other, and the other girls since they never play sports with two legs before.

On the picnic table next to the trees, the girls are watching the game. They can see that the two are having fun. Sadly, they wish that Sun is here to see this. They also wonder if Sun is doing alright in Equestria.

Back in Equestria, the group continue to walk to the changeling kingdom. Discord is not enjoying his time unable to use magic while the others are used to it. Mostly Sun because she has been living in a world that doesn't have magic. Not much anymore.

"Oh, I don't know how any of you manage not being able to disappear and reappear whenever you want!" Discord complains.

"Well, I, for one, definitely miss you being able to disappear!" Trixies says with anger.

"Give Discord a break. None of us knew we weren't going to be able to use magic," Starlight says.

"I did," Thorax clarifies.

Sun giggles, "Try living in a world that doesn't require magic."

"I remember hearing about that. Is it really true that the world you lived in a world that doesn't have magic?" Trixie asks, a bit unsure about the detail.

"It's true. Though, Ever since the incident with my old classmate Falling Star, magic is starting to appear in the world I live. I'm still trying to figure out where the rouge magic come from," Sun answers.

"Interesting," Starlight replies.

Then Starlight says, "If we get separated, it might make sense to have a way to make sure we are who we say we are."

"Oh! Like a secret code! How about if I say "we are" and you say "doomed"? Or you say "rescue" and I say…" Discord says with excitement, though some of it is kind of insulting to the mission.

Discord then trips over one of the large rocks and fall on his face.

"How about if we say "klutzy" and you say "draconequus"?" Trixie asks in remarks.

""Klutzy draconequus". Works for me," Starlight says, agreeing to the idea.

Sun giggles, and says, "And it's funny, so it's easy to remember."

"I'll definitely remember it," Thorax agrees.

Discord is not very amused with the code name, at all.

Later on, they are able to reach the changeling kingdom. They sneak past the guards, and look to see a way in. Luckily, Thorax used to live here so he knows his way around. Thorax leads them to an opening and lead the other. Once they are inside, they are shocked to see the inside of the changeling castle.

"Okay. I am definitely glad you came," Trixie says in shock.

Inside the castle, is a giant maze full of green cocoons, and different holes keep opening from different locations.

"I don't think we'd be able to find our way without you," Trixie nervously replies.

"You definitely wouldn't," Thorax confirms, pointing their hooves behind them.

They look to see the exit has closed itself.

"Um, where's the way out?" Trixie nervously asks.

"It's gone," Sun replies.

"It's a changeling hive. It shifts and changes like we do, and we're the only ones who can navigate it. It's total chaos to non-changelings," Thorax explains as he lead the way.

The others begin to follow Thorax through one of the holes.

"Well, it's decent chaos. I don't know if I'd call it "total"," Discord mutters to himself as he get his tail away from the closing hole.

Sometime later, Thorax continues to lead the way.

"Are we sure that I'll get my magic back when we destroy this throne thingy?" Discord asks, still not amused about losing his powers.

"If Thorax is right, then yes," Starlight answers.

"Well, that's reassuring," Discord answers with sarcasm.

Then Trixie asks, "And how are we supposed to destroy the throne when we find it?"

"I... don't know," Starlight admits in a sad tone.

"That's reassuring," Trixie sarcastic replies.

Sun can see some lost of confidence in Starlight. Trixie and Sun hear some sounds, and turn to see Discord digging through Trixie's bag.

"I don't suppose you brought any throne-destroying tools along with these useless sideshow props," Discord says, looking at the magic gear that he finds useless.

"Asks the Lord of Chaos who can't go for a walk without whining nonstop!" Trixie insults, staring at Discord

"Yes, but when the throne is destroyed, I'll be able to rip the very fabric of reality to save our friends, while you'll still be a self-absorbed, below-average illusionist!" Discord angrily glares at

"Self-absorbed?! Why, you...!" Trixie yells in furry.

"Cut. It. Out! I'm just barely keeping it together, and it would be wonderful if you two could actually try to help instead of bickering like foals!" Starlight angrily shouts.

Starlight then walks way, and walks past Sun. Sun can see the stress Starlight is dealing us.

Sun walks up to the two, and says, "Starlight is right, nopony is going to help anyone if you keep arguing. We may not have a plan to destroy the throne now, but it's not alright to pressure Starlight like that. I'm sure we'll come up with a plan when the time comes.

Sun begins to walk up the stairs with Starlight and Thorax.

"Okay," Discord says in defeat.

"How can we help?" Trixie asks.

"Don't ask me! I couldn't even handle giving advice at the Sunset Festival, and I had magic then! And the three of us are as good as useless! At least Thorax knows where we're going," Starlight panicky answers.

Sun can tell that something must be wrong with Starlight, otherwise, she wouldn't be stressing out like this.

Sun walks up to Starlight, and asks in concern, "Starlight, is there something wrong?"

Starlight sighs, and answers, "It's nothing."

"Really? Because I can tell something is upsetting you," Sun replies.

Before Starlight can explains, they hear Thorax says, and it's not good news, "Um, guys? I think we're lost."

The others look to see that they are at a cliff side, now they have no way to go. And it's only a matter of time before any other changelings know there are intruders in the castle.

"Oh, great. We might as well just sit here and wait for the changelings to soak up all of our love or whatever gross thing it is that they do," Trixie complains as she sits and puts her stuff down.

"You had to put that image in my brain. I don't think I want to know how changelings do it," Sun firmly glares at Trixie.

Then Trixie scaredly asks, "How often do you all get hungry?"

Thorax hears the question, and answers, "Actually, I haven't been since I met Spike. And changelings are always hungry. We can never get enough love."

"Well, that's just super…" Trixie says sounding unpleased.

Starlight covers Trixie's mouth, and asks with a confused look, "But you aren't hungry at all now?"

"Huh. Once I made a few friends, I guess I just sort of forgot about the whole feeding thing," Thorax answers, realizing that his hunger for love is a not around anymore.

"Is that about the same time your wings changed?" Starlight asks.

"I guess so," Thorax answers.

Sun's rubs her head under her chin as she says, "Hmm. I wonder if there's a connection between you be able to make friends, your sudden lack of hunger, and your wings changing."

"It seem that there is, but what could that be?" Starlight asks, and agrees with Sun at the same time.

"Maybe Thorax is going through some kind of… transformation or metamorphosis or something," Sun suggests.

"Maybe… I agree that metamorphosis sounds like a better word to use. But what's causing it?" Starlight asks, thinking about Thorax wings changing.

Discord yawns, and says, "While I would love to sit around chitchatting about feeding and not feeding…"

"I have a Fluttershy to save!" Discord yells, and his voice echoes through the caves.

However, Discord's echoing voice hasn't gone unheard. Changelings are beginning to hear the voice around the caves.

"Can you please lower your voice?! You're gonna get us all captured!" Trixie angrily whispers.

"Oh, you keep saying that, but I haven't seen an actual changeling since we got into this hive," Discord remarks.

Just then, they start to hear strange buzzing noise around the caves.

Trixie nervously asks, "W-what's that?"

"A changeling patrol!" Thorax exclaims in shock.

"In other words: We… got… company!" Sun shockley replies as her eyes grow wide.

They all look through the tunnels to hear the buzzing sounds of the changelings. They know that they need to find a way to get to the throne room, and fast.

Author's Note:

Looks like they have more than one problem to solve. The mystery of Thorax wings, rescuing their friends, and avoiding the queen and her changelings.