• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 2,632 Views, 29 Comments

Sun’s Glory - Chemtest



It all started with fire... immortals. Beings of power and a Sun of Glorious Incandescence. From a land far away comes a warrior of the sun, here to help.

  • ...
6
 29
 2,632

Asylum.

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria...

Dragons ruled the world, the Age of Immortals. Everyone that wasn’t a dragon was a slave of some kind, and the world was dark. There was a particular race that stood against the dragon overlords... Alicorns. The alicorn race was torn apart in a bloody war, leaving few alive.

The last one left alive was pregnant. Her name was Chronis. She gave birth to two Alicorns, Celestia and Luna. But with Celestia also came something else... the Fire. This fire was hope, and caused both Celestia and Luna to age in an instant, gaining knowledge right for that age. They ran as Chronis was found by dragons.

But with this hope came death. Nito, the First of the Dead, was born. A master of dark magics and a hater of the dragons as well. He as well was born with Fire, and joined Celestia. He spread plauge and destruction.

Along with them was Discord, Lord of Chaos. He and his chaos pyromancers rained fire upon the dragons.

Also with them was Spike, the Scaleless. He betrayed his own kind and became a duke under Celestia. He is the creator of many modern spells, and showed the dragons his mastery.

And there is Celestia, Lord of Sunlight. She and her loyal guards ripped dragons apart with their beams of light.

The dragons falling called in an age of prosperity. The Age of Fire.

But the Fire started to fade, and all fell apart. A new affliction passed around the kingdom, turning people into Undead. All the undead were thrown into a asylum, and left to rot. The rest of the world goes insane as the Lords have, And rumors start. Rumors about the chosen undead who will light the flame, and further the Age of Fire.

———

I sit slumped against my cell wall. How long have I been here? I can’t see the Sun! I think it’s been years! Where am I!? Where has the Sun gone!? What’s happening to my mind?! When does this end!?

*Thump!*

I hear a thump in front of me, and I look up. I see a body there, fallen through the roof. I look to the roof and see an armored man there, who quickly moves away.

I grab my sword, and find a key on the body. I use this key on the cell door.

*thunk*

It unlocked! I can find the Sun again!

I rush into the hall, and find myself under attack by a few hollows. I kill all of them with a swing of my sword, their pitiful knives bouncing off my armor. I take their Souls, and move on.

I climb down a ladder at the end of the hallway, killing hollows along the way. I feel my hope returning!

I find a stairway up, and start to walk on it. Then a ball comes rolling down! I jump out of the way, and the ball hits the wall, making a hole.

I walk to the hole, and find the armored man from before injured on the wall. He raises his head and looks towards me, “Ah, good, you wernt a hollow.”

I walk up to him, “I am Solare of Astora, I remember you rescuing me.”

He smiles under his armor, “I am Davenport of Astora. Nice to meet another knight of our great land!!

I also smile, “Why, prey tell, did you release me?”

“There is a story my family used to tell about the Bells of Awakening. At how if both were rung you shall know the fate of the undead. I have been freeing tons of undead to see if they could make the pilgrimage to the land of the Lords. You were one of them.” He starts to cough, “I’m afraid I shan’t last long, and will lose my sanity soon. One undead to another, please ring the Bells.”

I smile, “You freed me, so I shall find these Bells and ring them. I may along the way find the Sun.”

“Ah, a Knight Of the Sun? Good, I know your good warriors. Oh, and before you go, take this.” He hands me a green bottle with a yellow liquid inside, “Estus, very useful for healing. You’ll get new at each bonfire. Now go.”

I walk back through the hole in the wall, “Goodbye honorable Davenport of Astora! I shall find these Bells!”

As I acend the stairs, I store the Estus Flask. When I reach the top, i find a courtyard with a bonfire in the middle.

*fwoossshhhh!*

I light the bonfire, and then walk up to some huge gates. With effort I push them open, and find a spacious stone room. At the end is another gate, and I walk towards it.

When I get halfway a monster drops down in front of me. The Asylum Demon.

It instantly swings its hammer at me, wich I roll away from, running closer to it. As it recovers, I slash it with my sword. It swings the hammer at me, and I dodge wrong. I’m knocked far away.

From my further away range, I use my favorite spell. I gather my hand up, and gather energy there.

*zzzzzzzzzzz*

When my lighting bolt is fully made, I throw it right at the Demon. I strike it right in the eye, and blow its head off.

I stand there as it’s Soul is absorbed into me, and I grab a key it leaves behind.

I walk up to the gate and unlock it, pushing it open.

I’m outside, but the Sun is hidden. I rush up the hill to the top. I step into a birds nest, and look in front of me.

The Sun! The magesty fills me up, and I do my signature move.

“PPPPPPRRRRRRRAAAAAAIIIIIISSSSSEEE THHHHHHEEEEEE SUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!”

As I hold up my arms in full glory to the Sun, a giant bird flies along. He grabs me in his talons and takes off.

All the while my arms are still praising the Sun the bird is flying towards.

Author's Note:

And it’s here!