• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 2,632 Views, 29 Comments

Sun’s Glory - Chemtest



It all started with fire... immortals. Beings of power and a Sun of Glorious Incandescence. From a land far away comes a warrior of the sun, here to help.

  • ...
6
 29
 2,632

Sanctuary.

The bird flies with me in its talons for a good five minutes. “CAAAAWWWWWWWWW!” Oh, looks like we’ve arrived over some land.

I look the bird in the eye, “You aren’t going to drop me, right?”

I feel it’s claws start to loosen, “CAW!!”

I feel myself fall out it’s claws, “FUCCCCCKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!” I land hard on the ground, and have to take a sip of Estus to heal myself. I push myself up, and look around. I’m standing in what seems to be an abandoned temple, with a bonfire in the middle. I walk to it,

*fwoooossssshhhhh!*

And I light it before sitting down. I’m able to use my souls to make me stronger, useful. Having nothing else to do, I stand back up, “Another Undead come to seek their quest?”

I look to a pile of rubble, and see a pink pony wearing a set of chain, “Who would thou be?”

“Pinkie Pie, the Crestfallen Warrior. Least that’s what others call me.”

I walk over, and sit in front of them, “I am Solare of Astora, Warrior of the Sun.”

She looks right behind my back, “The audience says your saying it wrong. It should be Solaire.”

I shake my head, “No, I am not Solaire, I look like him. But I am Solare, just a carrier of his legacy.” As I settle in, I think of a question, “So why are thee here? Surely thou must have a quest of thine own?” Damn, my old English is kicking in!

She sighs, and looks back at me, “Why waste the effort? I have no hope, nothing to look forward too. I used to travel with some friends, tried to convince them to stay. They went on, left me behind, moved on... probably all dead. Cleric first, never could stand up for herself. Then the mage and pyromancer, never learned how to defend themselves up close. Then the Hyena, sorry, I ment the ‘trustworthy’. Always a coward. And the onion knights layers would come off after time.”

“I shall be going through this land. Maybe I could find them?”

She laughs, “If you think they can survive in this land, your already hollow. If you could find their bodies... hollow... then please bring them to me. I would enjoy some closure on them. If you can’t... I’ll do as I was and continue going hollow.”

I smile, “On my name as a Warrior of Sunlight, I shall not rest until I find them!”

They laugh another dark laugh, “You aren’t ready for out there. Allow me to spead some knowledge before you kill yourself.”

“Then speak, and I shall listen.”

“If you get through Undead Burg and fight the Taurus Demon, archers are on the roof. Kill those archers befor you focus on the big bad. At the bottom of the tower is a cellar that has a hollow within... Havel the Rock, he weilds a dragons tooth and almost impenetrable armor. He’s neigh unkillable, and he can kill you very quickly with that Tooth. Past the Demon is the First Bell of Awakening, protected by its Bell Gargoyles. The way there is deadly, a bridge protected by a dragon, and more hollow warriors.”

“Thank you.”

“Wait! There’s also the Black Knights! Very strong, but all protect some treasure, and you can take their armor. And the Mimics... nasty things. They mimic treasure chests, and will kill you if you fall for them. To check, hit the chest with your weapon or if the chain is unfurled, if it is it’s a Mimic. And theirs rumors of a hidden path to the Capra Demon who can decimate you quickly. No need to worry, we always are revived back at a bonfire if it’s lit.”

“So unlimited tries? Boi, that’s-“

“If you finish that then I will give you an exprence of it! D.N.A was the meme story, not this! Make jokes not memes! I sound like a sixties hippie about war... shit.”

“How do you know these things? The sixties, hippies, memes!? That never existed here!”

“The same way I could ask Chemy to stop the story, I can do it.” Her speech cuts off, “And I do not want fucking Pepe or Wojank in the comments! Only Praise the Sun memes from Solaire! There, two hundred reasons why I don’t want memes.”

“Umm... you just started in that last statement. You just cut off in after saying I can do it.”

She looks angry, “Damnit Chemy! When I said to cut off the story I didn’t mean it! I was speaking for THREE FUCKING HOURS!” ‘I wasn’t going to write that.’ “Why? Because you have to wake up early and it’s already eleven thirty? Well FUCK YOU! I JUST WASTED THREE HOURS OF MY LIFE TALKING TO YOUR MAIN CHARACTER AND YOU DONT EVEN WRITE IT DOWN!” ‘Well I’m sorry, but I don’t think me falling asleep in class is a good idea.’ “BRING PEPPERMINTS, LIKE THAT ONE YOU HAVE NOW!” ‘CAN YOU STOP YELLING! Look, if I give you some peppermints, will you forgive me? I can give ten!’ “Make it fifty!” ‘Fine.’ A bag of peppermints appear in front of Pinkie. She instantly starts eating one.

“Umm...”

“Shush, you don’t have the wall breaking powers that few share. Only the Pinkies, Discord’s, and Raven can truely understand what just happen. You however are not a Pinkie, Discord, and most definitely not Raven.”

“Can you try to explain it?”

“I would, but your mind would self destruct upon itself because of your weak mental defenses. And I don’t mean your body, physical mind, I mean your actual mind. You would never be able to come back, and this story would die. Savvy?”

“Can I have a peppermint?”

She hides the bag behind her, “You already have Sunny-D, you don’t need anymore luxuries. I’m gonna be honest, these peppermints were probably given to me only so I wouldn’t go hollow until later. Otherwise Chemy rarely intervenes.” She waves me off, “Don’t you have a quest? Go, shoo, find my friends!”

I stand up, “You seemed like you would enjoy company.”

She smiles, “Nah, you have to move on. I’ll just have to do with Pony Satan and Last. Might even have tea with Chemy if he feels like it. But I think whiskey with Satan sounds better as of now. What are you waiting for? Go! Save the world!” She takes out another peppermint.

I nod, “I shall find your friends.”

“They have a tag, have to be found one way or another. Alive, dead... hollow.”

I walk through the ruins to a aqueduct in the distance. That pony might be a bit insane, or maybe she’s the only sane one here? I can think on that later, now I also have to find her friends.