• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 3,054 Views, 95 Comments

Dissidia Final Fantasy Friendship is Magic - Final Fantasy BRN



A warrior is chosen to preserve a world of ponies and where harmony is of great abundance from Chaos

  • ...
12
 95
 3,054

Starting Over

Starting Over


The battle to decide Equestria’s fate was fierce. In the end the Mane Six managed to stop Chaos’s attempt to once again destroy Equestria. Princess Celestia, deeply worried for her old friend’s safety, broke Cosmos’s barrier and wished to gain the Elements of Harmony in hopes that she could save Cosmos from whatever threat she’s facing.

The Warriors of Cosmos secured the gateway to the Rift, the only thing left to do was destroy it. Unfortunately, the Warrior of Light alone was the only thing protecting Cosmos, the death of both himself and the Goddess was only a matter of time.

The time for the battle to restart had arrived.


The Warrior’s of Cosmos readied their weapons as they began to attack the Rift. Several manikins were emerging from it.

"Things still look pretty rough for us, huh?" Tifa sighed. The other warriors had come to a dark revelation about what they’re about to do.

Lightning stepped forward to give a final speech. "I’m sure you all understand our…situation. We came here to destroy the portal that connects this world to the Rift. It’s the last thing left for us to do. But once we charge into the middle of those manikins, there’s no coming back."

Yuna held her hands over her heart, she was determined to do this. "But there’s no other way. I’ve come to accept that."

"Yeah." Vaan said smiling warmly. "I think I’m just gonna have to accept it as well. If that’s what takes to win."

"It’ll give us a chance the next time around." Tifa said. "I know that we won’t be returning to the battle after this, but I sure we’ll end up somewhere…right?"

Lightning closed her eyes and sighed. "I was the one who wanted to fight until the end. I dragged you all into this, I’m sorry."

Tifa was surprised at Lightning, sudden openness. "Light!" She playfully said.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." Laguna playfully said. "Did I just sneak a glimpse of Lightning’s softer side?"

Lighting was annoyed. "Laguna." She scowled.

Laguna simply smiled at her. "We all knew how this would end from the start. No one here was stupid enough to expect otherwise."

"Actually, this is all news to me." Vaan said.

"Okay.' Laguna shrugged. "Maybe one of us."

"Hey, I thought it might come to this. But even then, I still stuck with you." Vaan assured.

Yuna put on a strong face. "Nothing we do here will be in vain. Our efforts will save someone in the next battle."

Tifa wrapped her arm around Lightning. "Too late for doubts, and nobody blames you. We’re already involved in this."

"Guys…" Lightning sighed happily.

"Let’s hope the Equestrians don’t have to face the same horrors that we have." Vaan sighed.

"I just wish I could have seen them one last time." Yuna said.

"They’ll have to be strong." Lightning said. "Now that they’re with us, they’ll have to start fighting if they want to protect their home and their lives."

Laguna took out more of Applejack’s apples and handed one to each of his comrades. "Let’s take this moment and enjoy Applejack’s present to us. The warrior’s stood and ate the apples and began to think about the small adventure they had with the ponies, and for when they first met."


In Ponyville Princess Celestia waited until her eye was better until she flew over to the field and found the six mares resting on the ground. Spike was sitting and watching how cute they all looked.

"Princess! They did it!" Spike cheered.

"Yes." Celestia smiled. "Unfortunately I need them awake." She used some of her white magicks. "Curaga!" A white glow left her horn and covered the mares and restored their energy. They instantly stood back on their hooves. "Their eyes wide open, and feeling energized."

"Princess Celesta!" Twilight said happily.

"WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!" Pinkie Pie said repeatedly, bouncing up and down.

"I was so frightened." Fluttershy squeaked.

"Maybe not it ten seconds, but hey I did it!" Rainbow Dash said. Rarity quickly checked herself with a mirror she took from under her mane and checked herself. She sighed in relief for still having her beautiful appearance.

"If it wasn’t for Cosmos’s powers we wouldn’t have won. You were right." Applejack said to the Princess.

"I’m so proud of all of you." Princess Celestia smiled, which instantly turned into a frown. "Unfortunately I need you to come with me back to Ponyville."

The ponies began to feel uneasy. "Why?" Rarity asked.

Celestia had a serious face. "You see, I broke the barrier Cosmos placed on the gateway." The mares felt even more uneasy.

"Why?" Twilight asked. "Are you sure that’s a great idea?"

Celestia exhaled deeply. "I know you’re worried about Warrior, and I’m worried about Cosmos. She wouldn’t keep us out of the Sanctuary unless she wants to keep something from us."

"I wanna see Warrior!" Fluttershy said to Twilight.

"Me to!" The others said in unison.

"Let’s go." Celestia said. Then the group all moved back towards Ponyville.


At the Sanctuary Warrior stared down the manikin army.

"They have come." Warrior said. Both Warrior and Cosmos noticed the new Discorded Equine manikin.

"It seems that Chaos managed to recruit Equestrians into his army." Cosmos said.

"I cannot believe that those creatures would sell their souls like this." Warrior sighed, he decided to speak at his hour of doom. "Cosmos, at this moment, I can but lead you towards certain defeat. Also I have failed, Equestria. I failed Princess Celestia and Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Spike, and Rarity. I hope the manikins don’t break the barrier and destroy Equestria. You wished for victory. You wished for an end to this conflict. As things stand, I’m afraid there’s nothing more I can do."

Cosmos didn’t want Warrior to feel like this was his entire fault. "It is I who should have done more. I wanted…I wanted to save you all from this nightmare. I wanted to help you feel better about your existence. I wanted to protect the Equestrians from this nightmare also."

Warrior thought about what Cosmos said. His eyes bugged out when he figured out the secret he was supposed to be looking for in Equestria. "Of course, I was so blind. Their friendship is Twilight and her friend’s power. Only if I embraced it would I be able to use its power as well. I guess I truly failed you and them….Cosmos your divine power exist to protect this world. If you wasted it on your servants, and allowed the world to fall, what purpose would that serve? I managed to defend Equestria, I at least managed to succeed in that. That alone should prove that your power served your warriors well. We are warriors-the chosen few. Who were summoned to this land to secure victory for the goddess of harmony. Cosmos. There will come a future in which that victory shall be won. He looked the goddess in the eye. So I ask you to believe in that future. Also believe that I may join Twilight Sparkle in her circle of friends, and Equestria spared from this conflict."

Warrior turned back towards the manikin army. "Stand by your heroes as they look to the next battle." He began slowly marching towards the army. "Though I once fought in the name of light, that honor may now be lost to me. Despite what the residents of Equestria may say, they’re wrong. I’m not they’re greatest hero. However…The light I hold within my breast, never once has it flickered or faded. This I swear, I shall do my utmost to protect you and all of Equestria until the very end."

Cosmos was afraid. "I cannot-" Warrior stopped his march and looked back. He had to face a big risk, if he simply died, he would be brought back to fight again, but if the manikin army ultimately destroyed him, then it wouldn’t matter, he would never come back again.

"Cosmos. Though I may not be able to join you in future battles, I pray that you forgive me….and give my pleas of forgiveness to the Equestrians, especially to Twilight Sparkle and the others. They won’t be happy when they find out what happened here." He held up his sword and gave his battle cry and charged right into the manikin army.


The Warrior’s of Chaos who were just defeated by the Mane Six arrived at the old Chaos Shrine. They weren’t badly hurt but they were damaged some. They retreated after they were launched away and they saw the ponies get rid of the meteor.

"This is absurd!" The Emperor shouted slamming his fist against the wall of the shrine. "Not once but twice! I was beaten by those mangy animals!"

"Next time I’ll burn their bodies and feed them to the wolves!" Kefka shouted.

"That stupid Twilight Sparkle!" Trixie said as she rubbed her aching horn. "Even with my high level Magicks she still managed to get the best of Trixie!"

Garland approached the team. "May I ask what you’re doing back here? Did you destroy Equestria?" He took notice of their weakened appearance. "Or did the Equestrians best all three of you?"

"Go away!" The Emperor shouted.

Garland laughed at their failure. "We will try again once the battle restarts. We will have all our allies back and we can use the powers of our new allies as well. After all, our manikin supply may be seriously damaged, but our supply is still large."

Trixie took off her wizard hat and she started feeling her aching head. "We still have our reserves of the starting ore right?"

"Indeed." Garland said. "So when one of our newest allies arrives to fight, we can model manikins after him as well."


Back at the gate to the rift, the Warriors of Cosmos finished their apples and tossed away the cores. Laguna readied a grenade, Lightning readied her two giant blades, and Yuna summoned the Aeon Bahamut. Tifa, and Vaan charged forward and fought off all manikins that appeared from the Gateway. Lightning charged up her blades with lightning and threw them into the gateway. Laguna pulled the pin on his grenade and threw it into the gateway. Kain held his lance high and threw it into the gateway as well.

"Burn everything in sight!" Yuna shouted. The aeon fired a bright light from his mouth at the gateway. The warping atmosphere of the rift began to expand from the fissure as it began to collapse once the atmosphere touched the warrior’s of Cosmos, the gravity increased and it held them down. The atmosphere went out of control and began pulling the already existing manikins apart and soon, it began deteriorating the warrior’s of Cosmos to dust. They all cried and grunted as they began to die slowly and painfully. Lightning looked up and she noticed the manikins all turned into dust and disappeared. Lightning grunted and smiled. Their mission was accomplished, she and the other Warriors fell to the floor and smiled, they could only wait to die fully now.


Back at the Sanctuary Warrior, fought bravely he shattered one while another hit him in the face with an axe. Warrior quickly shook off the impact as and rushed forward again with a bloody cut on his cheek. Unfortunately Warrior suffered many wounds from the battle already, and the army was forcing him backwards. It wouldn’t take long until they reached Cosmos. A Capricious Thief tried to slash Warrior but he blocked its blade and kicked the manikin away, this time he was right in front of the goddess. A Delusory Knight dropped from above and slashed Warrior on the other cheek. A Delusory Dragoon threw a lance at him and impaled Warrior in the left shoulder. He pulled it out and threw it back at the Dragoon and shattered him to. Cosmos covered her mouth in fear for her guardian, he dropped to his knees and began panting hard. At this rate if the manikins didn’t kill him, then the blood loss will.

A False Stalwart, a manikin that resembled Garland tried to finish Warrior off, but Cosmos acted quickly and zapped the manikin with her own powers, it smashed against the floor. More manikins charged at Warrior. Unfortunately things got worse as the Equestrians entered the Sanctuary. They saw Warrior on the verge of death and the giant manikin army and were frightened beyond belief.

"What’s going on here!?" Twilight cried.

"What’s with the giant Manikin army!?" Rarity gasped.

"I’m afraid your guess is as good as mine." Celestia sighed.

"That explains why Cosmos didn’t want us to come in." Pinkie Pie said. "Yay! I figured it out!" The ponies rolled their eyes. Warrior slashed several more manikins and several others slashed Warrior with their weapons. They all covered their eyes as they watched Warrior get mutilated.

"WARRIOR!" Fluttershy cried.

"Come on! We gotta help him!" Applejack said.

"No!" Rarity said. "Those manikins will rip us to shreds! I don’t want my beautiful face damaged again!"

"Rarity stop!" Twilight said sternly. "You want to leave Warrior to die!?"

Rarity did have a point, one that didn’t involve fashion. "No, but if we go in there they’ll kill us!"

"Well, I don’t know about you, but I could never forgive myself if I just stood by while Warrior dies." Rainbow Dash said.

"Me neither!" Applejack said. "I’m going in!"

"Me to!" Twilight said.

"Can’t disappoint Kain!" Spike said as he climbed on Twilight’s back, she used her unicorn powers to put him back on the floor and away from them.

"Sorry Spike." Twilight said. "But I can’t let you put yourself in danger like this!"

"I’m your number one assistant!" Spike said. "I’m going to assist you even in this situation!"

"I want to help Warrior to, he’s been so nice." Fluttershy said.

"I don’t know what I’d do if one of my friends died." Pinkie Pie said. "I don’t want to find out."

Rarity sighed. "I guess you’re right, it’s not proper to stand on the sidelines while some you care about gets hurt."

Celestia smiled. "You’ve all grown so much, now go and save Warrior!" The mares and the one dragon put on determined looks and charged towards the battle. Cosmos and Warrior heard them coming, they turned and saw them and cringed. Cosmos knew exactly what to do. She moved up and floated past Warrior.

"What are you doing!?" Warrior said worried. She started glowing, she spread out her arms and she started glowing brighter, the manikin army all attempted to slay the goddess. "COSMOS!"

"NO!" the Equestrians all cried. They were still too far away to do anything. A bright blue barrier formed around Cosmos and all the manikins that touched it shattered. Cosmos faded into the barrier and the barrier spread out and grew all over the Sanctuary, taking out all the manikins in its path. But it didn’t stop there, the barrier spread out of the Sanctuary and spread out all across World B. Warrior collapsed faced down, from blood loss and exhaustion. Unfortunately Cosmos didn’t return after the barrier faded away. The Equestrians approached Warrior and turned him about stared at his face. They felt uneasey, one of his eye’s was black, his lip was bleeding as well as both his cheeks. His armor was badly damaged and covered with bloodstains.

"You foolish horses." Warrior struggled to say. "I didn’t want you to see this." The mares began to tear up, they knew that their friend was dying.

Twilight began to sob softly. "You don’t want your friends with you before you leave us, you don’t want us with you, and you call us foolish?" Rarity started chanting the Cure spell, unfortunately Princess Celestia stopped her.

Rarity was worried. "You mean to not heal him? He’s dying!"

"It doesn’t matter." Celestia said. "He’s already mortally wounded, which is beyond the works of your low level white magicks." The right magicks to heal this are far beyond even my own talents." Celestia had a tear roll down her cheek. "At this point, nothing will help, he’ll die." They couldn’t hold back anymore, they all unleashed their tears and started crying.

"I…(sob)…I was too slow." Rainbow Dash cried.

"If only I was stronger this wouldn’t have happened." Fluttershy cried.

Pinkie Pie took out a cup cake with blue frosting from under her mane and cried. She held it to Warrior. "Would you like a farewell snack?" Applejack lifted Warrior's head and he nibbled on it.

"It tastes good." Warrior said. Pinkie Pie giggled as she choked on her own sadness.

"We’ve know you…(sob)… for the better half of a year." Spike said. "It all feels like yesterday, and now…(sniff)..it’s coming to an end." She buried his face in Twilight’s side and cried, the unicorn wrapped her leg around the dragon and held him close.

Applejack traced one of her hooves along Warrior’s face. "You’re one of the best humans a pony would want as a friend. I wish you weren’t dying, you’re part of the Apple Family now. I really can’t stand to lose one of our kin!" She moved her hoof away from Warrior’s face and began crying harder.

"I don’t want to see you go." Rarity sobbed, her eye makeup ran down her face as she shed tears. "I had…(sob sob) …so much fun discovering new ways to make outfits and clothes for an entirely new species!"

Their sadness hurt Warrior beyond any of the pain he was feeling right now. "Please…stop." They all stopped sobbing and stayed only sniffing. "From what I hear….you’ve joined ranks with me and the others." They all nodded their heads. "Then you’ll need to be strong for what lies ahead. Understand that these things are bound to happen sooner or later."

"But it’s not fair!" Twilight cried.

"Sadly…..that’s the price of war." Warrior said. "You see…one moment, you’re getting close with your comrades…like brothers. Next thing you know….their dead."

"Don’t talk like that. It’s too depressing." Rarity sighed.

Warrior felt the end creeping up on him. If he had anything to say, now would be the time to say it. "Everyo….Everypony….and Spike." The Equestrians giggle at Warrior's speech. "Despite my serious demeanor, I did enjoy some times that I spent with you in your world. I feel bad that I failed to figure out what I had to do in your world until it was too late. He turned towards the Princess, who continued to shed tears. I’m glad that I met you all. Princess Celetista….tell that to your sister for me. In fact…..there are some ponies….I wish I could tell this to before I go." Celestia smiled as another tear ran down her cheek. "Please understand…the time we spent. Made me happy, it made me for the first time in my life……I was able to just stop and enjoy things and not worry so much about my duties….You helped me out, thank you."

They all started crying again. "We love you Warrior!" Fluttershy said.

"Even me and Luna do!" Celestia sniffed.

"Good bye." Warrior uttered as he closed his eyes. The Equestrians all felt their hearts break.

Rainbow Dash snorted angrily, she had to try something to help her friend pull through. She dashed towards him and got in his face. "YOU’RE A SOLDIER! YOU WILL GET UP AND STOP BEING DEAD. ON YOUR FEET WARRIOR! ON YOUR FEET!" She knew he couldn’t get him to wake back up, she buried her face in his chest and began to cry some more. Twilight checked his pulse and it was gone. Warrior was dead.

"It’s too late." Twilight said. "He’s gone." The atmosphere around them turned bright red. The Equestrians dried their tears and looked around.

Applejack looked to her left and saw an amazing site. "Everypony look!" She pointed to a bright golden glow of their other warrior friends. They galloped towards them. They were at least happy to see a familiar face that wasn’t dying.

"I’m so glad you’re here!" Rainbow Dash said to Lightning.

"Yuna…Warrior’s….dead." Fluttershy said to the summoner.

Twilight looked at the glowing figures. "What’s going on?" Several more glowing lights appeared.

"Those are the other warriors." Lightning said. "The battle’s restarting."

Rarity looked at the bodies of the other warriors for there appeared to be something different than the warriors in front of them. "You’re transparent, is there something you’re not telling us?"

"I’m afraid so." Laguna said. "We got good news and bad news."

Kain said the next part. "Good being that we destroyed the portal to the Rift."

"So no more, or at least less frequent Manikin attacks." Applejack said happily.

The warriors frowned. Vaan decided to tell the bad news. "Bad news, is our bodies were sucked into the Rift and we won’t be returning to fight anymore." The Equestrians began to tear up again.

"No!" Rainbow Dash said. "First Warrior, now you guys!?"

"This isn’t fair!" Twilight cried. "Warrior promised that he won’t let anyone I care about get hurt!" Everyone felt sorry for her, and surprised for her sudden outburst. "He lied! He’s dead and you guys are going away!"

"Don’t curse him for his actions!" Lightning shouted. Twilight looked up to her. "We knew the price we would pay for choosing this action. We had to do this so that things would get easier for our allies the next time around."

"Yeah. We all chose this together." Vaan added.

"Warrior was assigned to protect you." Tifa said. "It may have cost him his life, but in the end. He knew his duty might come to that, but had he not done a good job all the while?"

"Yes." Applejack sniffed, the Equestrians all could agree on that, and that they all were acting this way because they were wrought with grief. The wind began to blow as Warrior’s body began to glow and raise into the air with the other warriors of Cosmos.

"It’s time for us to go." Lightning said.

"Really?" Fluttershy sniffed. Kain nodded.

"Don’t worry." Tifa smiled. "Keep us in your hearts, and we will never be truly gone." She turned to Rarity. "I’ll miss you."

"Goodbye." Rarity said drying her tears. "I hope you make up with your friend."

"Take care of the good care of the Chocobo you found ok?" Yuna said.

"I will, for Warrior and for you." Fluttershy sniffed.

Pinkie Pie lowered her head, Vaan wanted to see her smile one last time. "Hey don’t be so down. Didn’t you once tell me that you love to see your friends smile?"

"Yes." Pinkie Pie said. "But now, all my friends are leaving me, some forever. It makes me feel sad."

Vaan remembered what he needed to do for the girl he rescued. "Don’t be sad, your cheery personality is loved by all your pony friends. Even by me!"

"You’re so kind." Pinkie Pie said smiling a little.

"Listen I have a friend who’s out and about in this world somewhere." Vaan said. "She’s lost and confused in every possible way a person could be."

"That doesn’t sound good." Pinkie Pie said.

"Please, maybe you could help her not feel so afraid. Show her how to smile." Vaan asked.

"I’ll try, but who is she?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I can’t really describe her well, so here’s her name. Terra."

"Terra….got it!"

"Promise?" Vaan asked

"Cross my heart hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" Pinkie Pie as she crossed her heart with her hooves and shoved a hoof in her eye, Vaan laughed at how a hoof in her eye didn’t hurt her at all.

"Thanks for the apples, they were good!" Laguna said. "I’m sorry but I guess that visit to your orchards gonna have to wait."

"Don’t fret none." Applejack said. "I’m just glad I could help you and your friends keep a full belly." She bowed her hat to him. "Do your best to keep your leg healthy so it can stop crampin’ ya hear!" Laguna laughed and nodded.

Spike looked up at Kain. "I helped you out right?" The Dragon said.

"Correct." Kain said. "Do your best little one, you must grow and mature some more. Become the noble creature like other dragons before you." Spike stood tall, he puffed out his chest and attempted to look tough.

Lightning looked at Rainbow Dash and shot her with a small smile. Rainbow Dash returned the smile.

Lightning scoffed. "You know, you’re quite a cool little horse. When you don’t let your ego get in the way."

Rainbow Dash returned Lightning's mouthyness. "And your quite a cool human, about 20 percent less cooler than me, but still cool. At least when your attitude doesn’t get in the way. You know…I’m gonna miss you." Rainbow Dash said.

Lightning scoffed. "Yeah, I guess I will miss you to."

"Farewell Warriors of Cosmos." Celestia said to the fading warriors. "Your sacrifice will not be in vain." Tifa, Yuna, Laguna, and Vaan waved goodbye to the Equestrians. While Kain and Lightning smiled at them and nodded.

"We’ll miss you!" Twilight said. Then the warriors were blown away by the wind. They would never be seen again. They noticed something strange about all the glowing bodies above their heads.

"Cosmos is amongst them." Celestia pointed out. The others looked up and noticed that as well.

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked.

"What did she do?" Twilight asked.

"I’m afraid I’m not entirely sure." Celestia admitted, but she had a theory. "It seems like she must have used up all her divine energy to destroy the manikins and protect the world and her warriors."

"So she’s dead to?" Rainbow Dash asked sadly.

"I’m afraid so." Celestia admitted.

"But why are they all glowing?" Applejack asked.

"Why are they all floating in the air like that?" Spike asked.

"I do not know." Celestia said. But to their surprise a giant, gold glowing dragon dropped down from the cloudy skies and began working some sort of magic on the fallen warriors, even on the goddess herself. The Equestrians watched in awe.

"That’s the most magnificent dragon if I ever saw one." Twilight said.

"Hope I can grow up to be like that guy." Spike said.

"Who is that dragon princess?" Twilight asked.

Celestia was too frozen by the sight to say anything. "Could it be? The divine wrym?"

"Princess?" Twilight said a little louder snapping Celestia out of her thoughts.

"I’m sorry, but I do not know what that dragon is." Celestia added, while she had an idea. "She wasn’t truly sure if it was true."

The Equestrians continued to stare in awe as the dragon circled around the area and brought all the bodies up into the heavens, its glow stretched out across the world and the dragon went up into the heavens, the atmosphere returned to normal and it all came to an end.

"What the hay was all that about?" Applejack said.

"Forget that!" Rainbow Dash said. "Where did that dragon take Warrior? Or Cosmos for that matter?"

"This whole thing is giving me a headache." Rarity said rubbing her head.

Celestia had an idea. "Let us return home for now. You will return here after some time has passed."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"You still have some Cosmos reports to finish reading."

"Right!" Twilight said. "Come on everypony! The seven left the Sanctuary and left Princess Celestia alone."

Celestia waited until they were gone, she continued to reflect on the losses she too had just suffered as well as the events she just witnessed.

"So much fighting, I just don’t understand it at all." Celestia sighed as she wandered the empty Sanctuary. "Now look at what befell Cosmos and her warriors!"

"Your sorrow definitely is worthy, I was a fool for starting all this." Spoke an unknown voice that filled the whole area.

"Who said that?" Celestia asked looking around but finding nothing.

"Why, how do we forget an old friend?" The voice laughed. Sunlight shined from the heavens and down onto Celestia. Celestia recognized the voice and her eyes bugged out as she figured out who the owner of the voice was.

"Are you!?" Celestia gasped.

"Yes…I am." The voice said.

The team made it back to the Library, it was time to get more information from the Cosmos reports. They were almost done with reading them. Twilight brought out the next one and read it aloud.

"The dungeon into which we were sealed was a
cavern, home to many monsters.

After studying the traits of these monsters, my
husband and I were able to exploit them to
escape. Watching our backs the whole time,
we ran to the research facilities where the child
was being kept.

At the labs we found a specimen that, while still
unfinished, still resembled me a great deal. With
it was the child. I barely recognized him, he was
so gaunt. His eyes were vacant, a hazy flash of
hatred flickering deep within them.

There wasn’t time to speak in-depth, so I
explained the situation as best I could, and we
set off together."

"Poor mother." Fluttershy said.

"Hope her child will remember his parents!" Rarity said. Twilight used her unicorn powers to switch the reports. She read the next report aloud.

"My husband broke to me the bad news
The soldiers have found our notes on our research on the Teleport Stone.
They figured out that it was a pathway to another world.
They didn’t know that the other world was Equestria.

I was afraid of what these leaders would do to this world
so my husband went to go prevent the army from getting to Equestria.
Before he left, we wrote a letter to our friends, apologizing for the fact that we will never see each other again.
I also had to explain why, so I described to her the unfortunate truth about human nature.

I will truly miss you, Celestia, Luna, Snowdrop, Starswirl, and all the other ponies, we will greatly miss you.
My husband went to destroy the Teleport stone and to send the letter to Equestria.

I had to make my escape with the child."

"Oh my goodness." Rainbow Dash said with her hoof at her mouth.

"I guess that explains how Celestia had that negative idea about humans." Twilight added. Twilight used her unicorn powers and switched out the reports and read the next report.

"It happened while three of us were fleeing...
A soldier spotted me, and I was shot.

The rest is only bits and pieces...
The sensations of falling.
The child’s wail, as if from a great distance.
A sharp, dark premonition.

My husband’s face, dark with rage...

Sadly, my premonition was dead-on.
A space-time distortion appeared in front of
the child, and began to draw everthing within.
The darkness grew into an enourmous vortex...

I remember nothing after that. I lost
consciousness. When I woke, I was in
the ruined shell of a reaserch labrotory.

Neither the child nor my husband were
anywhere to be found."

"Oh dear!" Applejack said.

"Did she die?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I don’t think so." Twilight said. "There’s one more report left." Twilight used her unicorn powers to switch to the final Cosmos report. Twilight cleared her throat and read it aloud.

"I was restrained and taken back into custody.
My vision blackened but before I lost consciousness, I could hear the army say that they wanted to use my memory to not only help them better control the child but also see if there was any way they could see what the other world is, and what it had.

I was frightened, they wanted into Equestria to exploit its resources.
The only thing I could do was pray that my husband destroyed the Teleport Stone.

My dear child, run, be free and don’t let the army use you as a tool. I’m sorry I couldn’t do better,
I wish I could show you Equestria.

Perhaps the new me they’ll create will be able to succeed where I failed.

The last word I heard before I was lost was……Cosmos."

"She must have died." Rainbow Dash sighed.

"This is just so sad." Fluttershy sighed.

"Hope the child is alright." Pinkie Pie said. "No child is a real child if they don’t play games and have fun."

Twilight was irritated. "That’s the last report. All this information was an interesting, but it doesn’t tell us what’s going on."

"Let’s go and tell this to Princess Celestia." Rarity said. The ponies left with Spike and began walking back to the Sanctuary. Twilight closed the box with all the reports in them and placed them on her back.

Back with Celestia, she just finished the conversation she just had with the voice in the heavens.

"This conflict must come to an end." The voice said.

"It will." Celestia said with a tear rolling down her cheek. "So there are more reports hidden in this world."

"Yes, these ones reveal the truth that the other reports do not."

"I wish this wasn’t how this was happening. I wish we could speak face to face again." Celestia said. "I wish Luna were here, she would want to see you to."

"I….want to see you two one last time….before this comes to an end."

Celstia sniffed as she smiled at the clouds. "Me to, but for now. I must let my student and her companions fulfill their destinies with her new friends. I will send them to the keeper of my reports. There’s so much they need to know about what’s truly happening, and how this whole mess came to be. More importantly the Warrior….needs a family."

"Take care of him. He will need it." The light in the clouds faded. Celestia looked down and heard hoof steps entering the Sanctuary. She looked and saw the others. She smiled at her student.

"Discover anything?" Celestia asked.

"I’m afraid nothing, of genuine consequence." Twilight frowned. She used her unicorn powers and gave her the Cosmos the Reports. Then a light pierced the clouds and several bodies flashed throughout the sky and were placed down in several locations across World B.

"The battle’s starting over again." Twilight said.

Fluttershy’s face lit up. "Then that means!"

"I’m going to return to Canterlot." Celestia said. "I have great things I must tend to."

"Farewell princess." Twilight said, they all bowed to her and returned the Elements of Harmony to her before she left.

"Warrior’s coming back alive!" Pinkie Pie cheered bouncing up and down.

Rainbow Dash felt embarrassed. "So all those tears we shed before were kind of…I don’t know, pointless!?" Rainbow Dash wasn’t one for being so emotional in front of others.

"Don’t worry sugarcube." Applejack said. "Cause what if he wasn’t coming back? Then he would truly be dead!"

Warrior’s body was placed right back where he was laying before he died. He was laying face down as Cosmos was placed lying down on her throne. They all galloped over to Warrior and Twilight checked his pulse and it was beating again.

"He’s alive!" Twilight cheered. The group all gathered around Warrior and smiled at him. Cosmos slowly opened her eyes and adjusted herself to sit up properly in the throne She stared at the mares and the dragon with a warm smile, but they were too focused on Warrior. They stared at him as he groaned and finally picked his head up. He looked at the faces staring at him and he was speechless. His body looked completely refreshed, as if he's never suffered a wound in his life.

"You’re ok!" Twilight said happily then Warrior struggled to pick himself up, the mares helped him to his feet. He stared at them in great shock. Once he was on both his feet, they all hugged Warrior tightly.

"Don’t scare me like that ever again." Applejack said.

"I don’t want to lose you, you’re my friend." Fluttershy weeped as she shed tears of joy.

Pinkie Pie smiled greatly. "Let’s have a party. A ‘Thank Cosmos Warrior didn’t die’ party!"

"But he did die!" Twilight pointed out, but she forgot the point that this was a happy occasion. "Oh, who cares! I’m so happy your back Warrior!"

Rarity also shed tears of joy. "I’m just so happy! The look of life is so much better than the look of death.

Rainbow Dash kept smiling then she lost her smile. "I’m glad you’re ok…not that I was crying or anything!"

Spike also hugged Warrior. Kain maybe gone, but at least you're still here.

"Who in Cosmos’s name are you!?" Warrior shouted. The ponies all broke the hug and stared at Warrior with confused looks. "Talking horses!?"

Applejack was first to give a response to Warrior reaction. She laughed. "You must have been developing a sense of humor. You’re such a good kidder!" She playfully slammed her hoof in Warrior’s arm.

"I’ve never seen your faces before!" Warrior said. Warrior’s words were stinging the team. What was going on?

"What are you talking about?" Twilight said with her voice shaking. "We all had all sorts of fun in Equestria."

"Yeah, you remember Appaloosa!" Applejack pointed out.

"When you helped me when I was making dresses for the Gala." Rarity said.

"When you helped me and Twilight when we met the Cockatrice." Fluttershy added.

"When I won the Best Young Flyer Competition?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Spike shrugged. "When you woke up in Twilight’s bed after we found you?"

"The promise you made to me about those I care about!?" Twilight said loudly.

"Your welcoming party when you first arrived." Pinkie Pie said, she added more things. "The Grand Galloping Gala, meeting Zecora, the Parasprite swarm, the Winter Wrap up-"

"You must have me mistaken." Warrior said. "I’ve never done any if that!" Those words stung them even more.

"You don’t remember us!?" Twilight said, as tears formed at her eyes.

"I cannot recall any details." Warrior said. "We couldn't have ever met."

"But we have!" Rainbow Dash argued. We’re friends! We’re a team! We saved your life several times and you saved our world several times!

"Well, if you truly did, save my life I’m grateful. But I’m afraid we never met." Warrior said.

"Is he joking?" Applejack whispered to Rainbow Dash.

"You know he’s not the joking type." Applejack whispered back. "And even if he was, it’s not funny. Look how hurt everpony is." Applejack looked at how everyone else was about to start crying again.

They turned to Cosmos. "You remember us right?" Twilight asked the goddess. The others looked to her with sad eyes. Cosmos felt the cuteness they were all giving her and smiled, sadly they weren’t trying to be cute, they were really sad.

"You’re Equestrians." They all nodded. "I remember You’re princesses, Celestia and Luna."

"Yes!" Twilight said happily.

"But you, I do not recall." The ponies hung their head in sadness, Spike placed his hand on Twilight’s leg to help her feel better.

Warrior’s heard enough. "Listen I have important business to attend to. Now I must go and check on all of the others, if you could please return to your home." Warrior’s attitude really hurt them now.

"No!" Rainbow Dash said she hovered to him and wrapped her hooves around Warrior’s arm and began tugging his arm. "Come back to Ponyville and we’ll-" Warrior grabbed her hooves and removed them from his arm in quite a forceful manner.

He grew very irritated. "What is it you steeds want with me?" Warrior shouted at everyone. "Leave me be! I‘ve never seen your faces in my life! I’m involved in dangerous business, if you don’t stay away from me, I’ll make you!" They all started crying again.

"Stop it Warrior!" Twilight sobbed.

"Why are you acting like this!?" Rarity whimpered.

"We’re friends! You promised to protect us and our world!" Rainbow Dash said loudly.

"Now you’re acting as if you never met us, and you never even wanted to meet us!" Fluttershy sobbed with tears rolling down her eyes.

"You talk as if you don’t like us! Maybe even h….h…..hate us!" Pinkie Pie struggled to say that world.

"Go back to where you came from, you have no business here!" Warrior said turning around and leaving the sanctuary.

"Please young ponies, he is right you, must leave." Cosmos said.

"You too!? You get bonked on the noggin or somthin’?" Applejack questioned. Cosmos giggled and flashed into the heavens.

"Just what’s going on here? They act as if our friendship never happened, it really hurts!" Twilight sobbed. "Do they really not remember us?"

Warrior entered the fields of World B as he began to walk and regroup with all the Warriors of Cosmos. He regretted the things he said to the Equestrians. He knew they were pure and innocent, so he needed to make sure that they stay away from the war. He would do anything, even if it meant being mean.

At the Sanctuary, the Equestrians were all crying on each other’s shoulders.

"Twilight." Fluttershy sobbed. "Why…why doesn’t he remember us?"

"Everything we’ve done together, he remembers none of it!" Spike said loudly.

"I don’t know." Twilight sniffed. "Even though he’s not dead, at this point he might as well be." They heard large footsteps approaching them. They turned and saw the large man in dark purple armor and a large dark cape, with large monstrous hands attached to a huge figure. He had a large dark helmet with big horns on the side and only a glowing yellow eye was visible n the eye slit in the helmet.

"Who are you?" Twilight said in an aggressive tone. They were intimidated at his appearance.

The man had to calm them down. "Fear not Equestrians, I am not your enemy. I am Golbez, I am a Warrior of Chaos but I am not here to fight you."

"Oh yeah?" Rainbow Dash said in a challenging tone. "How do we know that?"

Golbez sighed. "Because if I wanted to kill you I would have done it by now." Applejack and Rainbow Dash didn’t believe him. Twilight took in his calm tone and decided to give him a chance.

"Wait girls." Twilight said, stepping forward. "He has a point. Let’s hear him out. Why are you here?"

Golbez sighed again. "I don’t mean to be rude, but I saw everything. How the Warrior of Cosmos hurt you with the fact that he forgotten your friendship."

"Yes." Rarity said, she was too taken in by Golbez’s armor to say anything more.

Twilight was puzzled. "Do you know why he’s forgotten us?"

"You see, he hasn’t forgotten you at all. But he truly died in your arms Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight was stunned. "How do you know my name?"

"I know all your names." He looked at all the ponies and pointed them each out with great precision. "You’re Rainbow Dash, the loyal one, Fluttershy, the kind one, Applejack, the honest one, Rarity, the generous one, and Pinkie Pie, the one who laughs." The ponies were speechless. "You cannot forget, Chaos has a spy watching your world."

Rainbow Dash shook her head. "Ok so you know who we are." She said. "So what does Warrior’s death have to do with Warrior not remembering us?"

"You couldn’t think that his revival didn’t come without a price. If you wanted him to live again he would have to pay….with his memories."

"His memories?" Rarity asked.

Golbez explained further. "Yes, the revival process requires all fallen participants, on either side, to have their memories purged before returning to battle."

Twilight looked even more sad. "So…this isn’t just temporary amnesia. He will never remember us? Or anything we’ve done together?"

"I do not know." Golbez said. "You see, that all depends on how dear those things are close to his heart. You see, the battles had just restarted and the warrior’s memories are limited. I’m also afraid that memories will not simply return over time."

Spike was confused. "Wait, how is it that Cosmos remembers our world and the princesses but not us?"

"I’m not sure but the reports we have describe, how one treasures the memories of Equestria, and therefore whishes that these memories not be erased. But the same could not be said about memories gained during the conflict."

"Do you understand the reports?" Fluttershy asked.

"Not quite, I’m afraid the only one who does is our leader, but he refused to say anything about it."

"What do we have to do?" Rainbow Dash said.

"I’ll do whatever it takes to help him remember!" Applejack declared.

"Me too!" the other said in unison.

"I’m afraid you can’t do much." Golbez said. "He must do combat, as the Warriors fight, their memories of their home world return to them. However your friend is unique, he doesn’t have any memories of his homeworld. I cannot say what he will remember if he does combat.

Spike was hit with an idea. "Do you know who Warrior truly is?"

"I’m afraid I do not. But if you can show him keys it may help him remember, old memories of your friendship."

"Of course!" Twilight said. "Remember what happened to Warrior after he met Zecora?"

"The way Zecora talked reminded him of someone he met before." Rarity added.

"Yes, so you must give him time. He won’t remember everything, in fact I cannot guarantee that he will remember your names. That all depends on how much he holds of you in his heart." The team all turned to each other.

"So we know what we have to do." Fluttershy said.

"But first we need to convince Cosmos to let Warrior protect us again." Twilight said.

"But we need to convince Cosmos that we need to be protected." Rainbow Dash said.

"You can leave that to me." Golbez offered.

Twilight was confused. "Why?"

"You see, I’m the one who convinced Cosmos to send her Warrior to your world after you purified your princess. Until we found the Chaos Reports, the memory of your world was all but non-existent."

Fluttershy smiled, maybe Golbez really was a good person. "How nice of you."

"You see your world is innocent. It deserves no place in our war. I could never convince Chaos to leave your world alone, so I had to inform the Goddess of Harmony about what was happening. I knew that she would intervene, the rest was all up to her. I am going to reinform her about everything. Remember this to, Cosmos has blessed you with her power, so she cannot easily ignore you." The team all nodded to each other.

"Ok but until Warrior starts to remember, we’ll just have to start all over again." Twilight said.

"Thank you so much for your help!" Fluttershy smiled.

"Hold on." Rainbow Dash said. Warrior said he figured out the secret of our world, but now it's too late for him. What was he talking about?

"Look at your Elements of Harmony." Golbez said, he turned to Twilight. "Tell me about the time when you discovered your magic."

Twilight thought about when she discovered the magic of friendship. "Nightmare Moon shattered the original Elements of Harmony, the situation seemed hopeless, but I remembered that the Elements of Harmony still existed in the actions of the my friends. Over the course of our journey to find the Elements of Harmony, I grew close to these ponies. I accepted them into my heart and as friends, at first I thought I didn't need friendship. I cared more about my studies, I knew that friendship united the Elements together so I acquired the sixth Element when I accepted these ponies as my friends." The Equestrians all paused. Twilight smiled, she had so much in common with Warrior.

"Wait a minuet." Twilight said. "If Warrior embraced our friendship, then...."

"Correct." Golbez said. "You can make him powerful, he can share your powers along side you."

"Cosmos knew about this." Applejack concluded. "I don't understand why Cosmos couldn't just tell Warrior about this from the beginning."

"Don't you see?" Twilight said. "Warrior takes his job as a soldier extremely seriously. If Cosmos told Warrior to become friends with us he would only be our friends because she told him to. Only real friendship can make them work."

Twilight looked at Golbez. "Thank you very much for the information." But she was confused. "I don’t understand though, why would you help us? You’re a Warrior of Chaos!"

Golbez hung his head. "You see, someone I care for is also involved in this war. However he’s on the opposite side. I have no choice but to fight him."

Rarity was concerned. "Who?"

"My brother, Cecil." They all gave Golbez a sad look. "I do this because I wish him to be spared."

"You poor thing." Rarity said.

"Can’t Cosmos do something for you?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Maybe you can change sides!"

"I’m afraid not, I have sinned too many times in my home world. For this, while I may reject the Darkness, I do not belong in the Light."

"We’ll help you!" Pinkie Pie said.

"You can, but for now return to your home and prepare for the battles that lie ahead. Chaos has recruited more of your residents and is becoming angered that you managed to humiliate his forces."

Twilight remembered something. "That reminds me, who’s the spy? Where is it?"

"The spy is hiding in the skies in your world. Unfortunately it’s waiting and absorbing the natural darkness in your souls. I’m afraid I cannot tell you more than that. One other thing, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, your magicks must get stronger. Practice your spells, and also use your knowledge to discover new spells." The friends all looked at each other, things were going to get much harder and things were going to change big time.

"Thanks for the help!" Twilight said, the ponies turned around and began to walk out of the Sanctuary.

"One more thing." Golbez said. "Remember I'm still a Warrior of Chaos, when we meet again, I cannot guarantee that I won't have to try and kill you." The Equestrians paused again, they didn't want to fight and possibly be killed, and they wanted to call Golbez a friend, but as long as he's a Warrior of Chaos, he would have no choice to try and kill them to keep up appearances. The Mares sighed and walked out of the Sanctuary, Spike stayed behind.

Spike spoke to him. "You know who I am to?"

"Yes, young Spike." Golbez said. Spike giggled. "I do wish you luck in your quest to be the best assistant and to win the heart of Rarity." Spike began to sweat and blush at how Golbez knew his secrets. He stormed out along with the ponies. Golbez stood and waited for Cosmos to return.

Author's Note:

Here we go! The thirteenth cycle has started. Now I come to put an announcement in here to say that I will be taking another small break. I need to get ready for the next convention I will be going to. The Bay Area Brony Spectacular. So when my preparations are done. See you next time!