• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 3,053 Views, 95 Comments

Dissidia Final Fantasy Friendship is Magic - Final Fantasy BRN



A warrior is chosen to preserve a world of ponies and where harmony is of great abundance from Chaos

  • ...
12
 95
 3,053

Dragonshy

Dragonshy

"Guide us with your light!" Yuna shouted and the Aeon Valefor appeared out of a figure and followed with the tip of her staff, the figure itself resembles that of a pentagram. The bird like Aeon charged up a laser in its beak and fired it at the Emperor. The Emperor leaped to the side and avoided the laser but he failed to notice the ground below where the laser fired, started to glow and when the Emperor landed next to it the glowing ground, it exploded. The Emperor wailed in pain and was launched into the air.

"Suffer." The Emperor said, he moved his staff in the air in a drawing motion and created a larger figure similar to the one the Aeons appear out of. The figure floated in the air and it fired six white magic spheres at Yuna but she put up her guard and blocked the spheres.

"Ifrit!" The Fire Aeon Ifrit appeared and scratched at the Emperor with his giant claws, the Emperor leaped to the side and dodged the attack. "Fists of hellfire!" Ifrit scratched at the Emperor again and he dodged again. "Show your flames!" Ifrit slammed his hand into the ground and created a volcanic eruption from the ground that scorched The Emperor. He wailed in pain again, The Emperor landed on the ground and drew another figure with his staff on the ground.

"Meddlesome!" The Emperor shouted, the figure ran across the ground towards Yuna and while she tried to run away, it managed to successfully pull Yuna in, she screamed as the figure continually zapped her. The Emperor approached her and smirked, he created a big blue flare ball and threw it at Yuna. "Run amok!" The flare ball flew at Yuna and it burned her, she screamed before she was freed from the figure. She collapsed and slowly got back on her feet and swung her staff again.

"Ixion!" The Aeon that resembles an electrified horse appeared and attacked the Emperor with its horn. It zapped the Emperor, launching him into the air. "Lightning Strike!" The Aeon threw two circular electrical currents at the Emperor and they both hit him, he hissed in pain and slammed against the ground. Yuna charged at the Emperor who got back to his feet, he tapped his staff on the ground.

"Hmhmhmhmhm." The Emperor laughed and two orange bombs appeared from the place on the ground where he tapped his staff. Unfortunately Yuna fell for it and she got blasted and launched against the giant wall that was really the giant sword of the Final Aeon. The Emperor noticed a flash in the back where Tidus and Jecht were at. He looked over to them and noticed a huge turn of events for they were both lying unconscious on the ground.

"Oh! It seems that events have taken a rather interesting turn." Yuna looked at them and gasped, the Emperor could no longer sense Cosmos’s presence inside Jecht but in Tidus instead.

"Sir Jecht!" Yuna shrieked.

"He has given his own strength to his son, the man’s body is now but an empty vessel." The Emperor explained as he walked over to Jecht’s body. "I’ve acquired quite the unexpected boon. Hmhm, It is time we part ways, my lady."

"But, our battle isn’t over!" Yuna said trying to sound brave.

"No, but the war may as well be."

"What are you-"

"Your hands will be full enough fighting manikins." The Emperor looked at the sleeping Tidus. "Let that one fall before them just the same, if that is what he wishes." The Emperor laughed manically and raised his staff over Jecht and disappeared taking Jecht with him.

"Sir Jecht!" Yuna cried. Trying to stop him but was too late, she instead ran over to Tidus, and began to move his body to make him wake up. "Tidus! Tidus…open your eyes!" She stopped moving Tidus and began to move her head around in despair. "Sir Jecht." Tears began to wallow in her eyes, as sadness and fear consumed her soul. "What now? Think. What do I do?"

"Yuna!" Laguna called from the other side of the area, Vaan was with him as well. They ran over to her and Yuna felt better knowing now that she was not alone, but she was still sad about what happed and what could be happening to Jecht.

"Vaan…Laguna…" Yuna cried.

"Hey, are you okay? What happened?" Vaan asked. Yuna began to sob softly.

"Yuna?" Laguna said in a calming voice.

"Where do I even start!?" Yuna sobbed.

"How about with a deep breath!" Laguna suggested still in a calming voice. Yuna took the suggestion and explained everything that happened to her, along with what happened to Jecht and Tidus. "Alright, I get the gist!" Lunga’s tone changed to a happy one, thinking that a happy tone may help Yuna feel better. "Nothin’ to get upset over though. Hear me out will ya?" Yuna stared Laguna in the eyes to hear his reassurance. "If he got taken away, that means he’s still alive right? And Tidus is over there sleepin’ like a log."

"I bet a good punch’d would wake him right up." Vaan laughed also trying to make Yuna feel better.

"Tactful as a freight train, aren’tcha kid?" Laguna also laughed. "So, Yuna. Kicking and punching aside for the moment…"

"I didn’t say we should kick him!" Vaan Interjected.

"Well whatever we do with him, the three of us still have some fighting to do with all of Chaos’s other warriors. So what we probably shouldn’t be doing right now is sitting around here, getting all glassy-eyed and glum about things." Laguna said.

"Yes.. I suppose you’re right." Yuna said feeling better but not a hundred percent.

"Well then! We’re agreed!" Laguna said triumphantly. "The only thing we can do is keep moving forward, right?" Yuna felt all better because she was smiling.

"Right." She said equally determined. Yuna laid the Brotherhood next to Tidus so he could use it next time he woke up. The three decided to leave him there and continued to the Sanctuary together.


Back at the Sanctuary Warrior was back to focusing more on his other duties since being banished from Ponyville. His original plans were focusing on obtaining a crystal and playing his role as the last line of defense for Cosmos. Cosmos continued to stare at the stone Gilda gave Warrior and she finally got the answer Warrior wanted.

"This stone holds the ability to bring forth a creature that has linked their soul to it." Cosmos Explained. "This is a Summon Stone."

"What exactly does it do?" Warrior asked.

"You can call upon the Griffon to aid you for a short time in battle." Cosmos explained, handing Warrior back the stone. "She will appear out of the stone when you wish upon it. However when you use it, only a pebble of the stone will remain and you must wait until it recharges its power before you can use it again." Warrior stared at the stone, thinking about the power of the stone and how despite how Gilda was a bully, she did help Warrior out and that maybe she was right when she wanted to show him that she does have compassion. Warrior was cut off from his thoughts when he heard steps of splashing water, he turned around to see the six ponies behind him and he was stunned to see them back at the Sanctuary after what happened.

"Why are you here?" Warrior asked with his eyes bugged out of his head. Yet he’s feeling something deep inside himself, he doesn’t know why he’s feeling it but for some reason he feels happy to see them. He does feel happiness despite the fact he never shows it. When compared to his first appearance in Equestria, he couldn’t wait to leave. He also noticed that all the ponies except Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were carrying two large saddlebags on both their sides with pictures that resemble their cutie marks. Applejack’s bags were green while the others were white.

"I know that you’re banished but we are allowed to visit you." Rainbow Dash said bitterly. "That’s completely unfair."

"At least we can still say hello when we want to!" Pinkie Pie said happily.

"That is good news but why are you here?" Warrior asked.

"Because we need your help, a sleeping dragon is sleeping near Ponyville." Twilight explained. "We need your help to convince it to move somewhere else!"

"I will try, but what makes you think I’m qualified to handle this?" Warrior asked confused. He knows that Fluttershy would be a better choice for her connection with animals.

"Well..um…" Fluttershy stammered. "It is a big dragon, and we just think that we could use some who’s as brave as you to support us. Of course you don’t have to if you don’t want to."

"You still need to protect Equestria." Cosmos reminded Warrior in a firm tone, she had strong means to make Warrior go back to Equestria and do whatever it takes to keep it safe despite being banished.

"Forgive me Cosmos, but how? I’m banished, how am I supposed to enter Ponyville without causing an uproar?" Warrior questioned. Cosmos frowned and looked at Twilight and Rarity.

"Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, come forward." The two unicorns stepped forward and bowed their heads to the goddess and raised them back up. "Do you truly wish to have Warrior help you?"

"Yes, he has been nothing but fair and nice since he arrived." Twilight said sternly.

"Darling, he’s been simply..well…darling!" Rarity giggled.

"You do not understand." Cosmos said in a tone that made it seem that the idea she had was one of great risk or controversy. "Would you two be willing to explore the darker secrets of magic?"

"You mean…" Twilight said with her eyes bugging out.

"You can’t possibly be referring to…" Rarity said also just as stunned.

"Yes." Cosmos nodded. "I mean forbidden, arcane Magick. Not only the power to use the elements to attack, and to use that power to heal the sick and wounded and to also manipulate the flow of time. But also supportive spells to aid allies."

"That sounds like a good plan, but I don’t think it would be a good idea to learn such dangerous powers." Twilight said looking to the side, she knows that she might be throwing away a great opportunity to expand her mind on such a mystical force.

"I’m flattered that you would think of me so greatly to give me such a great gift, but I don’t need any heat similar to what Warrior got." Rarity smiled and gave Warrior an innocent look. "No offense."

"None taken." Warrior said completely unfazed by Rarity’s words.

"I understand that, you see, there is only one spell I feel you should learn." She held out her hand and a tome flashed into her hand and Twilight used her magic and opened the book and began to read it.

"Vanish?" She said reading the name of the spell.

"A supportive spell that has the ability to make a being invisible and make them transparent so that they cannot be harmed physically, but it the spell will fade away over time and the spell will immediately end if the one under its influence comes in contact with any other magic.

"So if we make Warrior invisible then we can take him back into Ponyville with us and no one will be able to see him!" Twilight said happily.

"That’s brilliant!" Rarity cheered.

"I reckon that this is cleverer than a mouse sneakin’ food from the pantry." Applejack giggled.

"I knew it! He really can perform disappearing acts! He is a magician!" Pinkie Pie said loudly bouncing up and down, the rest of the group even Cosmos sighed and hung their heads.

"If you cast the spell I will accompany you to relocate this dragon." Warrior said. He had no happy feelings, because even though he can return to Ponyville, he has to do it in secret. The ponies nodded and Twilight began to flip through the pages and began to concentrate and began to quietly chant an odd incantation in another language, her horn began to glow. The glow left Twilight’s horn and it enveloped Warrior’s body and his body began to fade until no one could see him anymore and the glow disappeared.

"Wow Twilight you made Warrior disappear! Twilight, are you a magician also?" Pinkie Pie said happily bouncing up and down.

"I’m still here Pinkie Pie!" Warrior said, the ponies looked down and noticed the water on the floor of the sanctuary was moving around two large circles on the ground and the ponies know that was where Warrior was standing.

"Did I just do that!?" Twilight said in amazement at what she just did with the forbidden spell, luckily she’s smart and she knew that she must use it responsibly.

"Move quickly the spell won’t last long, so move before it wears off." Cosmos ordered, the group moved out of the Sanctuary and back to Ponyville. Every step Warrior took on the Sanctuary floor caused small splashes of water to occur. Once they arrived back in the town Warrior noticed that what they said was right, a giant smog was eclipsing the sky, it looked much similar to a sever thunderstorm while the atmosphere smelled like death.

"Warrior are you still here?" Twilight asked, darting her eyes everywhere and still not being able to see him.

"Yes!" He responded.

"All right, listen up. I'm mapping out the fastest route, but we've all got to keep a good pace if we expect to make it up the mountain by nightfall." Twilight instructed.

"M-m-mountain?" Fluttershy stammered.

"The dragon is in that cave at the very top!" Twilight said throwing her hove at a nearby mountain, where the top was the blackest compared to the rest of the sky.

"Looks pretty cold up there." Applejack stated looking at the mountain.

"You bet it is. The higher you go, the chillier it gets." Rainbow Dash said, giving Applejack an excited look. This adventurous spirit drew Rainbow Dash to danger.

"Good thing I brought my scarf." Rarity said happily, she reached into her bag and took out a pink and light pink scarf and wrapped it around her neck.

"Ooo…pretty!" Pinkie Pie complimented.

"Oh, yeah. That’ll keep you nice and cozy." Rainbow Dash said sarcastically. Fluttershy continued to stare at the mountain and gulped, she approached Twilight from behind. Twilight used her powers to manipulate a map, she unfolded it and began to study it closely.

"Um, excuse me, Twilight?" Fluttershy stammered. "I know you're busy, but..."

"Uh-huh." Twilight said, not listening to Fluttershy. "Oh, we could go this way."

"But if I could just have a second..."

"Uh-huh. No, we want to avoid that." Twilight kept shoving her hove at locations on the map.

"So, um, I was thinking that, um, maybe I should just stay here in Ponyville."

"Uh-huh." Twilight wasn’t speaking to Fluttershy, so she inadvertently agreed to let Fluttershy stay.

"Oh! Good." Fluttershy began to walk awyay. "I’ll stay here and…" Twilight quickly caught on to what Fluttershy was doing and took her attention off the map and turned over to Fluttershy who was trying to walk away.

"Wait! You have to come. Your way with wild animals will surely come in handy." Fluttershy stopped and turned around.

"I don’t think I…"

"Oh, and don’t worry about your little friends in the meadow." Spike’s got it covered while you’re gone. Spike approached Fluttershy from behind with many woodland creatures around him, and Angel on his head.

"You can count on me!" Spike promised. "By the way, is Warrior really here right now but invisible?"

"Yes Spike I am." Warrior said, still invisible.

"That’s awesome!" Spike cheered, looking around for him. "Where are you?"

"Next to Applejack!" Warrior called. Applejack jumped when she figured out that Warrior was right beside her.

"Cool I can’t see you!" Angel started stomping on Spike’s head and while it didn’t hurt him it did make him jump. All of the other animals ran away. "Hey! Hey! Wait!" Spike chased after them.

"I don’t know, I don't think he’s up to the task." Fluttershy said trying to find an excuse to not go stop the dragon. "Maybe…" She was trying to tell Twilight but she folded up the map and put it away and marched away from Fluttershy. Fluttershy threw her hove out to her but she continued to walk away. "But..but…" She squealed in fear. Rainbow Dash flew next to Twilight’s head and being to whisper to Twilight.

"Are you sure you want Fluttershy to come along?" She whispered. "I mean, that pony's afraid of her own shadow." She landed on the ground. "She's just going to slow us down."

"Oh, she’s just a little nervous." Twilight reassured. "Once we get going, I’m sure she’ll be fine." A squeak from Fluttershy caused the group to look at her and they saw Fluttershy trying to back away from her shadow and she jumped into a bush to hide. Rainbow Dash glared at Twilight and walked away. Unfortunaly She noticed that Warrior was beginning to slowly reappear.

"Oh no! We gotta move out before somepony sees you Warrior!" Twilight called, she had the group moved towards the mountain with much speed. The group moved towards Fluttershy and she screamed as the group picked her up and carried her with them.


Back at the Edge of Madness the Emperor marched up the steps to Chaos’s throne with an unresponsive Jecht over his shoulder, but before he could approach him he was halted by Garland.

"And who do you bring fourth?" Garland asked, noticing Jecht. "Is he not a Warrior of Cosmos?"

"He was a Warrior of Cosmos. But that is of little importance." The Emperor reassured. "I’ve matters to discuss with the god of discord."


Back in Ponyville the group arrived at the mountain and the Vanish spell has timed out so Warrior was visible and can be touched again. A loud roar filled the air. Fluttershy gasped and hid behind Warrior.

"Wow… What was that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That is what it sounds like when a dragon snores." Twilight explained.

"It’s…it’s so…" Fluttershy stammered peering at the mountain over Warrior’s shoulder. "High."

"Well, it is a mountain." Rainbow Dash said annoyed and raising a eyebrow to Fluttershy. She turned around and attempted to fly strait up to the top but Applejack jumped up and caught her tail in her mouth and pulled her back down, once Rainbow Dash was back at ground level Applejack spit her tail out. Rainbow Dash just glared at Applejack and continued to hover in the air.

"Hold on now. I think we should all go up together." Applejack advised. "Safety in numbers and all." The others nodded.

"Oh, all right." Rainbow Dash sighed exasperatedly. The ponies began to move up the steep side of the mountain Rainbow Dash flew up the side but stayed with the others. Warrior cracked his knuckles and used cracks and ridges sticking out of the side to climb up. At times when there were none to help him move upwards he took out his sword and shield and rammed them into the rock and used them grapple himself upward. This form of exorcise caused him to huff and puff with every movement.

"I hear the only thing that sparkles more than a dragon's scales are the jewels they use to build their nests. Ooo, if I play my cards right, I might be able to convince him to part with a few!" Rarity said in a excited tone.

Pinkie Pie put on a scary face and imitated a dragon’s voice. "Welcome to my cave, Rarity. Care for a diamond?" She roared and the ponies laughed. Warrior just kept moving upwards.

"Girls this is no laughing matter!" Twilight said bitterly. "Seriously I think Warrior might be the only one with the right state of mind right now." Warrior said nothing. "What do you think the dragon will be like?" The group stopped moving when they noticed that Fluttershy was no longer with them. "Fluttershy?" The group noticed her hiding behind a bush on the ground. Warrior managed get to a large ridge. One big enough to sit on, so he stopped to rest his arms.

"Hey! What are you waiting for? An invitation?" Rainbow Dash called in a annoyed tone.

"Ooo, I think I have one in my bag!" Pinkie Pie cheered, the minute she opened her bag a loud pop with confetti shot out of her bag it caused Rainbow Dash and Warrior to jump. Warrior jumped due to the fact that the sudden blast reminded him of the prank that she and Rainbow Dash did to him. But It’s just like Pinkie Pie, for she really did have a party invitation for everyone to see.

"I-it's so... so... steep." Stammered Fluttershy.

"Well it is a cliff! You could just, oh, I don't know, fly up here?" Rainbow Dash added sarcastically.

"Come on, Fluttershy, you can do it!" Pinkie Pie encouraged, she stretched out her hove and moved it up and down in a flapping motion. "Flap those wings!"

"Please Fluttershy, your task here is more important than you realize!" Warrior called down.

"O..okay" Flutterhsy whimpered, coming from behind the bush. She closed her eyes and began to flap her wings and she came up off the ground strait upwards. The Dragon in the cave above snored again and Fluttershy whimpered and was consumed by fear and her wings retracted. She fell down back into the bush and the others sighed exasperatedly. Fluttershy came back from out of the bush and attempted to fly up again but her fear held her wings back.

"Uh, we don't have time for this." Twilight groaned, Applejack took the map out of her bag. "What are you doing?" Applejack flipped through it and began marking a rout.

"I’ll need this if I’m gonna take her around the mountain another way." Applejack stated.

"Around the mountain?" Rainbow Dash groaned, Applejack folded up the map and slid down the mountain and rejoined Fluttershy at the bottom who was still trying to flap her wings. "That's going to take them forever." The dragon snored again and Fluttershy froze in fear and fell over onto her back her legs stayed perfectly straight up and her eyes completely bugged out.

"Don't worry, Twi. We'll be there lickety-split." Applejack assured. Twilight looked towards Ponyville and began to worry because very second they wasted put thier home in danger.


At the edge of Madness The Emperor tossed Jecht’s body on the floor. Garland and Chaos were impatiently waiting to see what The Emperor is after.

"I have a humble offering my lord." The Emperor bowed to Chaos and rose. He’s acting just like a humble servant would. Chaos looked into Jecht’s spirit and saw nothing special about him.

"A powerless pawn, drained of its former strength..This is your offering?" Chaos laughed resting his head in his hand, mocking the Emperor’s offering.

"It is." The Emperor said sternly but in a calm manner. "This pawn once sat on Harmony’s board. But now..now, he is but an empty vessel." He lowered his head to Chaos, being humble to his divine master. "Chaos, my lord and master! Will you not grant unto this man a pittance of your own divine power?"

"What?" Garland shouted in disgust.

"You need but fill this vessel, and we gain for ourselves a mighty new ally to serve your will in this campaign." The Emperor said in a very persuasive tone.

"Insolence!" Garland snapped in anger. "At what do you plot?"

"Is that jealousy or contempt I hear in your voice?" The Emperor taunted. "I thought we both wished for one thing, Garland victory for the god of discord." The Emperor gave Garland an innocent look and tried to sound innocent to reassure him that he was still on his side. "What else could I desire?" Garland scowled at the Emperor’s ploy. Chaos just laughed at their arguing.

"Very well. I shall give this pawn a taste of the power of discord." Chaos concluded. "Let us see him returned to the board." The Emperor smiled that his plan to turn a Cosmos warrior against his allies succeeded.

"You truly are a brilliant one." Garland stated in a sarcastic tone. "The please inform us about the situation regarding Equestria." The Emperor’s smile did not fade off.

"It appears our entity has not been able to engulf the world due to the fact that the ponies there are not as dark and twisted compared to humans, therefore she cannot siphon enough darkness fast enough. However she has been quite useful, for her ability to watch over the whole world without being detected allowed her to see everything so she made the perfect informant for us. Sadly there is some kind of unidentified force being produced by someone or something in this world. Whatever it is, it’s distorting our ability to send manikins to Equestria."

"Could Cosmos be the source of this essence?" Chaos asked.

"Whenver our informant gets close to seeing what the source is, it blinds her with light and she must retreat before she gets scorched. It's very puzzling, this power feels very similar to Harmony but it’s as if it used for the purpose for prosperity and happiness, not for a means to counter dicord’s power, which is the powers Cosmos and her warriors use against us."

"What exactly do you plan to do about it?" Chaos asked.

"I will help our ally in Equestria. Give the ponies a reason to be afraid and to be angry. In the mean time I will do more to uncover whatever the big secret to this world that Cosmos whishes to see protected. I will be taking a few manikins to aid me in my conquest. Taking this world will be simple since I have been informed that the ponies have forsaken their only protection out of fear."

"Very well tell us how your conquest of Equestria goes and keep us informed on what Cosmos sees in this world." Chaos ordered. He created a sphere of black magic infused it in Jecht’s body. The Emperor put on a evil smirk for begins his march in becoming Emperor of Equestria.


Back on the mountain, Twilght’s group stopped to rest at a crossroads where they were sure to meet Applejack and Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie had just beaten Rarity in a game of ticktacktoe in the dirt. Twilight continued to study the magic tome she received from Cosmos. Warrior was practicing his sword technique with Rainbow Dash watching him in awe. Warrior’s movements as he swung his sword and quick steps with his feet completely mesmerized her. They all stopped when they heard huffing and puffing and saw Applejack coming around a corner dragging a still petrified Fluttershy with her tail wrapped around Applejack’s forehead.

"We…made…it…" Applejack panted.

"Told you it was going to take them forever." Rainbow Dash whispered to Twilight. With the team reunited they continued up the mountain. Unfortunately Applejack had to push Fluttershy up the trail, but the good thing is at least she regained herself. The team arrived at a gap and the ponies leaped over it. Warrior took many steps back and performed a running jump and he also made it across, Fluttershy just coward at the sight of the gap.

"Your turn, Fluttershy." Twilight called.

"But..it’s so…wide." Fluttershy stammered.

"Come on, Fluttershy, we should be much farther along by now." Twilight complained.

"You could just leap on over!" Applejack said in a cheerful tone. Fluttershy peereed down into the chasm below and heard more snoring from the dragon and hid back away from the gap and she curled up and began to shiver.

"I don’t know." Fluttershy whimpered. The ponies shook their heads and Warrior sighed out of pity.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just a hop, skip and a jump." Pinkie Pie said in a encouraging tone, she demonstrated what she was talking about by jumping up and leaning downwards and pushing her legs forward, and she ended up back with Fluttershy completely safe. "See?" Then she broke into song.

"It's not very far
Just move your little rump
You can make it if you try with a hop, skip and jump."

She hoped back to the other end and Warrior had a baffled look on his face, he was about to see a side of Pinkie Pie he hasn’t seen yet.

"We don’t have time for this." Twilight complained.

"A hop, skip and jump,
Just move your little rump,
A hop, skip and jump,
A hop, skip and jump,
A hop, skip and jump,
A hop skip and jump,
A hop skip and jump!"

She stopped singing and Warrior was still stunned.

"Why was she singing?" Warrior asked, creeped out.

"You’ll have to get used to that." Rasinbow Dash assured. "That’s just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie."

"O-okay. Here I go." Fluttershy said trying to be brave. She closed her eyes and began to mimic Pinkie Pie’s movements. "A hop." She jumped up and landed downwards.

"That’s it." Applejack cheered .

"You’ve got it." Twilight encrouraged.

"Almost there!" Rarity said intently. Fluttershy pushed her legs forward and she moved forward.

"Just don’t look down." Twilight advised. Unfortunately Fluttershy was in mid jump when Twilight said that, so she did look down. She whimpered as she came straight down and to her surprise the gap was no more than about three feet apart. So her front legs landed safely on the other side.

"Ugh!" Rainbow Dash scoffed she flew to Fluttershy’s behind and began to shove her. Rarity and Twilight moved to the front and pulled on her hooves. Fluttershy launched forward and landed on RainbowDash.

"I guess I forgot to jump." Fluttershy said trying to sound amusing. The group continued to scale the mountain, Warrior walked next to Fluttershy, he felt as if he needed to stay near her and see if any of his bravery will rub off onto her. They were coming around an area where the walls are made up of a very weak rock formation on the wall. It seemed as if the wall could give away at any second.

"Let's keep it down. According to my map, we're entering an avalanche zone. The smallest peep could cause a huge rock slide." Twilight whispered.

"An... an ava... ava..." Fluttershy stammered, luckily before she could scream Twilight shushed her. The group carried onward walking softly to lighten the sounds of their steps. Rainbow Dash continued to fly in the air, she did fly through a tree branch causing the branches to ruffle and a few leaves to fall from the branches. The leaves landed right on Fluttershy’s back and that was enough to completley spook her and she screamed at the top of her voice. "AVALA-" Applejack quickly silenced her by throwing her hove at her mouth. But she wasn’t quick enough, her scream echoed in the air. Nothing happened and the group sighed in unison. Then the mountain began to shake and pebbles and small rocks began to slide down the slope.

"AVALANCH!" The ponies shouted. Warrior didn’t shout, he simply put on a concerned look on his face. Many rocks rained down and the group charged forward dodging many boulders Rainbow Dash continued to move through the air, she was doing her best to move around the falling boulders. In fact she is doing an excellent job of dodging rocks, mostly because of how she watched Warrior’s quick movements in his training earlier. Whenever the rocks appeared to crush either Warrior or the other ponies, Warrior charged next to the ponies and leaped upwards with his sword ready and he would slice the boulders in half saving their lives. Even though Warrior was extremely courageous he was also scared for his life and for the others

"Oh no! Help! Ooh!" Twilight cried rushing forward trying her best to not get crush by falling rocks a large boulder was coming down right on top of her getting ready to crush her to death. Warrior dashed forward and sliced the boulder in half and Applejack shoved Twilight out of the way of being crushed. The group managed to find shelter at the other edge of the ridge and the landslide ended with the pathway ahead of them completely cut off. The group coughed as dust filled the air and slowly settled.

"Ya’ll alright?" Applejack asked Warrior he nodded. "Everypony okay?"

"Thanks to you and Warrior I am." Twilight said in a grateful tone. Fluttershy came out from behind a nearby bush and Rarity shook off the dust that had collected on her

"Whoo-hoo! Let's do it again!" Pinkie Pie cheered, Warrior sighed exasperatedly still wondering what could be so fun about a life threatening situation.

"Uh! This is why a girl always packs extra accessories." Rarity smiled, she reached into her bag and wrapped herself with the scarf again and she just remembered something and began to worry. "Oh, please tell me I brought the tiara that goes with this!"

"Uh, think we got bigger problems than making sure our hair bows match our horseshoes!" Rainbow Dash stated hovering above Rarity’s head, she was referring to how they almost got smashed to pieces by a landslide.

"Sorry." Fluttershy sighed, hanging her head in shame for screaming and causing the landslide. She looked at Warrior and sighed again, she felt worse about herself at the thought that she isn’t and may never be as brave as Warrior.

"Aw, no big whoop, sugar cube." Applejack smiled and said in a forgiving tone.

"Yeah," Twilight said happily. "we'll just have to..." she sighed as she looked at the newly formed obstacle ahead of them. "Climb over." The group walked over and Fluttershy continued to not fly strait over. Warrior had a very hard time climbing over due to the loose rocks in the formation, most of the rocks Warrior tried to catch a grip on shook loose when he grabbed them. Once he made to the other side, he sat down to catch his breath. Once Flyuttershy got on top the height of how high up she was scared her again. She slipped forward crashing into Rarity’s behind and forcing Rarity to crash into Applejack’s behind and they all slid down to the bottom together.

"My apologies." Rarity stated to the others, Rainbow Dash flew over to Rarity and began to pull her out of the pile of ponies.

"Not your fault!" Rainbow Dash said, glaring at Fluttershy. Fluttershy looked down in shame. The group continued onward, Rainbow Dash flew up to Twilight, who was still taking lead.

"Still think it was a good idea to bring Fluttershy along?" Rainbow Dash whispered bitterly.

"We’ll find out!" Twilight said anxiously. The group finally found themselves at the entrance to the cave where the smoke was pouring out from. As the group stared at it they felt like they were facing death. Warrior stared at the cave and drew his sword. "We’re here!" Twilight put a determined look on and began to give commands to the others.

"Rainbow Dash, you'll use your wings to clear the smoke." Rainbow Dash nodded in agreement and she flew upwards to clear the skies. "Rarity and Pinkie Pie, you'll create a diversion to distract the dragon if things get a little hairy in there." Pinkie Pie took a rubber chicken out of her bag and began to wag it around in her mouth like a dog playing with a chew toy. The group gave her odd looks.

"Applejack, you're ready with the apples in case he decides to attack." She looked at Applejack who had two apples in her mouth and demonstrated what she will do. She spat them into the air above and when they came back down she bucked them into a nearby tree. "Warrior you’ll be there to give Applejack extra support." Warrior waved his sword around and readied his shield.

"This will be much different than fighting Warriors of Chaos and Manikins, but I’m prepared either way." Warrior said determined.

"Be careful though." Rarity said to Warrior. "I heard that Dragons can be very vicious towards knights."

"Why is that?" Warrior asked.

"Well I read in a book about dragons, that in fairy tales a knight always fights and slays a dragon. Which is why I called you with us, to see if just maybe, you being a knight would be enough to possibley scare it off." Twilight explained, Warrior didn't respond to Twilight's plan. "But it shouldn't come to that, because Fluttershy will do what she needs to do to wake him up, and between the two of us, we should be able to get him to understand why he needs to go. Is everypony ready?" Everyone nodded bravely however no one bothered to notice Fluttershy down low on the ground cowering.

Twilight walked inside the cave alone. "Okay then, we're goin' in. So, what is the best way to wake up a sleeping dragon without upsetting him?" Twilight asked Fluttershy, but she noticed that Fluttershy wasn't with her. "Fluttershy." She sighed in anger. "Oh, come on!" She went back outside and found Fluttershy’s head buried in the ground like an ostrich. "Come on we have to do this!" She pulled on Fluttershy’s wings and she popped her head out. "Now!" Twilight began shoving Fluttershy forward. Rainbow Dash assisted Twilight in shoving her. Fluttershy was doing her best to resist going into the cave. She grunted as the other ponies aided in pushing Fluttershy. Warrior just stood to the side and continued to pratice his swordsmanship. "Every…Second longer that dragon…sleeps is another….acre of Equestria that is covered in…smoke." The group grunted one last time and fell over.

"I-- I-- I can't go in the cave." Fluttershy stammered.

"Ugh!" The ponies shouted in unison. They fell over disgusted and Warrior sighed and shook his head.

"Great she’s scared of caves now to!" Rainbow Dash announced bitterly.

"I'm not scared of caves, I'm scared of..." Fluttershy mumbled something so quietly none could hear it.

"What’s that sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"I’m scared of…" Fluttershy mumbled what she’s afraid of quietly again.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"I’m scared of dragons!" Fluttershy said in a quick and loud voice. The dragon snored again and a large puff of smoke flowed from the cave, the group coughed until the smoke cleared.

"But Fluttershy. You have a wonderful talent dealing with all kinds of animals." Twilight encouraged.

"Yes, because they’re not dragons." Fluttershy said.

"Oh come on! We've seen you walk right up to a horrible manticore like it was nothing." Rainbow Dash argued, but Warrior had no idea what she was talking about.

"Yes, because he wasn't a dragon."

"Spike is a dragon. You're not scared of him." Pinkie Pie smiled.

"Yes, because he not a huge, gigantic, terrifying, enormous, teeth-gnashing, sharp-scale having, horn-wearing, smoke-snoring, could eat a pony in one bite, totally all grown-up dragon!" The Dragon snored again and Fluttershy ducked down and began to cower again.

"But, if you're so afraid of dragons, why didn't you say something before we came all the way up here?" Twilight asked, slightly peeved that Fluttershy said nothing before.

"I was afraid to." Fluttershy confessed. Rainbow Dash facehooved and Applejack shoved her head at Fluttershy’s behind and perked her up.

"All of us are scared of that dragon." Applejack assured Fluttershy.

"I’m not!" Rainbow Dash boasted. Applejack rolled her eyes at Rainbow Dash. She noticed Warrior didn’t look worried either, but his face hardly ever changes to show any expressions."

"Almost all of us are scared. but we've got a job to do. So, get in there with Twilight and show her what you're made of." Applejack said in a supportive tone.

Fluttershy eyed her friends and Warrior who were giving her supportive looks, even though Warrior kept the same face he always had. "I-- I-- I just... can't." She turned around and hung her head in shame.

"Oh Fluttershy." Twilight sighed in pity. She turned around and walked into the cave.

"I'm goin' in. He... probably just doesn't realize what he's doing. Right?" Twilight said out loud. The ponies at the entrance to the cave and agreed in nervous tones. Warrior fallowed closley behind to watch Twilght’s back.

"Mr. Dragon." Twilight called soflty she bumped into a red figure, the red figure happens to be a claw of the giant red dragon, sleeping over a giant horde of gold and jewels, as it snored smoked flowed from its nostrils. "Excuse me." The dragon didn’t wake up instead he rolled over onto his back. "Mr. Dragon." The dragon scratched his belly as he opened his eyes and stared at Twilight, Warrior clenched his muscles and got ready to charge at the dragon in case it tried to hurt Twilight.

"Oh, good, you're awake. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Twilight—" The dragon rudely yawned and spewed its horrible smelling breath on Twilight. Warrior caught a wif of the breath that smelled like an animal that doesn’t brush its teeth, also if the animal smoked tobacco. Twilight turned up her nose and covered it. "Augh! Puh! Sparkle, and my friends and I are residents here in Equestria. Ponyville, to be exact. We've come here to ask that you find another spot to take your nap. It's just that you seem to be doing an awful lot of snoring, and every time you do you send out a terrible cloud of smoke." The dragon snorted on Twilight and covered her in smoke. She coughed until the smoke cleared. "Equestria simply can't survive a hundred years in a dark haze. You understand, don't you?" The Dragon rose up and stretched its arms and scratched its body and began to mumble something that no one could understand.

"So, you’ll find another place to sleep?" Twilight asked. The Dragon looked behind her and noticed Warrior standing with his sword and shield at the ready and became angry and roared. Twilight looked behind her and gasped. "What are you doing Warrior?!"

"Trying to protect you." Warrior offered staring the Dragon down.

"No! Weren’t you listening to what I said? Dragons don’t like knights!"

"So much for persuading him." Rainbow Dash said.

"Now what? Twilight and Warrior could get hurt in there!" Applejack panicked. Fluttershy remembered when Warrior went to fight the manikins and he told her that she needs to learn to endure. She closed her eyes and began to whimper for she knew that Warrior will be getting hurt again, only this time her other friends might get hurt also. Twilight ran out the cave and looked back seeing that Warrior is still in there.

"Don’t worry." Rarity smiled. "This situation calls for a little ‘pony charm’ Allow me, girls." Rarity bounced her mane, showing off her beauty and wandered inside the cave and began her attempt to sooth the dragon with her charms. "I'm so sorry to interrupt." Rarity spoke in a sweet voice and did many gorgeous poses.

"What in Cosmos’s name are you doing!?" Warrior shouted with his eyes bugging out at Rarity so willing to rush into this deadly situation.

"Don’t mind my human friend." Rarity said turning her behind in a stuck up fashin to the Warrior. "I couldn't possibly head back home without mentioning what handsome scales you have." The dragon stared at his upper body and smiled, Rarity approach his hoard and placed a pearl necklace around her neck. "And those scales have to be hidden away in some silly cave for a hundred years?" She also put a gold crown on her head and put a diamond ring on her front right leg and another necklace on her rear left leg. She brushed against the dragon’s face and the dragon smiled. "Personally, I think you should skip the snoozing and be out there, showing them off. Hmm. Obviously, I would be more than happy to keep an eye on your jewels while you're gone." Once the Dragon heard Rarity mention his jewels his calmness instantly was replaced with his rage and he growled at both Warrior and Rarity. He pounded the ground and used his forearm to pull his horde away. Rarity stormed out of the cave with all the jewels she was wearing flying off her body and the dragon stowed them away and continued to snarl at Warrior.

Rarity made it out of the cave and she laid herself on a rock and began to pout. "I was so close to getting that diamond!"

"You mean getting rid of that Dragon?" Twilight Asked annoyed.

"Oh, yeah... sure." Rarity said pretending to sound interested.

"All right, that's it." Rainbow Dash shouted angrily. "We tried persuasion, and charm. That monster is about to gobble Warrior up! It's time to stop wasting time! I'm going in!" Rainbow Dash charged into cave.

"Rainbow No!" Twilight cried.

"Get out!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she flew up to the dragon’s nose and bucked it in the face. The dragon kept a straight face and then sneezed. The dragon got angry and roared at her. The force of his breath coming from the roar forced Rainbow Dash out of the ring. The dragon lunged at Warrior and he attempted to bite him, Warrior sidestepped to avoid getting bitten and he smashed his shield into the dragon’s nose. Warrior figured if Rainbow Dash even made a dent in its hide he figured maybe that might be a weak spot.

"Stop this madness!" Warrior ordered. "You will blanket the world in putrid smoke! If you do not stop this all creatures will suffer!" The dragon got even more angry at Warrior and swung its tail at Warrior. Warrior jumped up on top the tail and ran up its back the dragon lunged at Warrior in a attempt to snap him up but when his face got in mere inches of Warrior. He positioned his shield forward.

"SHINE!" Warrior screamed loudly the flash of light from his shield shone off and didn’t damage the dragon the light did blind it. It roared loudly as it covered its eyes. Warrior leapt off of the Dragon’s back and ran towards the edge of the cave. "I don’t want to hurt you, but please if you do not calm down and leave this place at once, I am not responsible for what I might do to you!" The dragon rubbed its eyes and regained his vision and refocused on Warrior.

"Lightning!" Warrior Shouted, six red magic swords appeared around him and they spread around him and sent them to attack the dragon.They flew and the six swords all struck it and while they didn’t damage him much it did slightly electrocute him. The dragon growled at him and the dragon began to chase Warrior outside the cave. Warrior regrouped with the ponies minus Fluttershy, outside the cave. Unfortunately he was being pursued by an angry dragon. The dragon blew smoke at Warrior and the force of it blew Warrior forward and they crashed into the others at a nearby boulder. The bolder broke and the group was all down for the count. Fluttershy noticed her friends lying helplessly on the ground. She got angry and remembered what she promised to herself. ‘I will try to be more brave like Warrior.’ She realized that if she can’t be brave to stop a dragon. Maybe at least she can stand up for her friends.

She gave the dragon a mean look and spoke in a angry tone. "How dare you!" The dragon glared back at her, and Flutterhsy took flight, she overcame her fear and was able to open her wings again. Her tone became more serious. "How Dare You!" She landed on the Dragon’s nose and walked up to it’s face and stared straight into one of its giant yellow eyeballs. "Listen here, mister. Just because you're big doesn't mean you get to be a bully. You may have huge teeth, and sharp scales, and snore smoke, and breathe fire. But you do not-- I repeat-- You do not! Hurt! My! Friends! You got that?" There was a silence going on the ponies seemed stunned at the determination and courage Fluttershy was showing. Warrior didn’t show it, but he was beginning to feel proud of her. The dragon lowered its head in shame and his rage subsided. "Well?" Fluttershy waited for an explanation.

"But that Rainbow One kicked me." The dragon said pointing at Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash nodded for she felt proud of herself. The dragon also pointed at Warrior. "That knight hurt my eyes, I was afraid he might try to slay me and take my treasure!" Warrior closed his eyes and said nothing, he was not proud of what he did, but it had to be done.

"And I am very sorry about that. But you're bigger than she is, and you should know better. The knight wasn’t trying to slay you, but he would have if you didn’t leave, in fact slaying you is the last thing he wants to do, he doesn’t want your horde either. You should also know better than to take a nap where your snoring can become a health hazard to other creatures."

"But…I." The Dragon stammered.

"Don’t you but me mister!" Fluttershy nagged. "Now what do you have to say for yourself?" The dragon didn’t respond. "I said, what do you have to say for yourself?" The dragon began to cry in regret of its actions.

"There, there." Flutterhsy said in a calming tone. "No need to cry. You're not a bad dragon, you just made a bad decision. Now go pack your things. You just need to find a new place to sleep. That's all." She rejoined the others on the ground. The Dragon gathered its treasure and flew around the mountain and away. The ponies cheered for Fluttershy.

"You did it! I knew you could do it." Twilight cheered. In Ponyville the pegasai have begun to rid the skies of the smoke. Warrior walked up to Fluttershy and kneeled before her.

"Fluttershy, I’m proud of you. I am in debt to you for allowing me to help you out without having to take a innocent life. You have shown much courage, and I hope that you take this lesson of today and allow it to help you move tranquilly into your future." Flutterhsy blushed and the ponies all laughed.

"Well Warror it’s time we head back home, I’ll need to vanish you again so no pony will see you." Twilight announced she chanted the incantation and Warrior disappeared and the team all returned home, and Warrior to the Sanctuary.


Once at the Sanctuary Warrior looked at Cosmos and told her about his day, but his mood quickly shifted once he saw a familiar face in the distance. One of his fellow comrades, the pulse l’Cie of Cocoon, Lightning Farron.

"I’m sorry to do this but it’s necessary if we’re going to make it in the next battle." Warrior thought, getting ready to draw his sword.


Back in Equestria doom awaited the citizens as the Emperor walked the fields between Canterlot and Ponyvile, he snuck in though a gateway chaos created, thanks to the smoke the dragon created he was never spotted.

"This world is nothing more than a petting zoo for the likes of small children. Finding what Cosmos wants from this world will be a simple task." He pounded his staff on the ground, and his small team of Manikins appeared right before him. "That castle seems important, so that is our first place to strike." The Emperor pointed at Canterlot. He rose into the air and threw his staff in the direction to Canterlot Castle and with an evil smile he gave the command. "ATTACK!"