• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 3,053 Views, 95 Comments

Dissidia Final Fantasy Friendship is Magic - Final Fantasy BRN



A warrior is chosen to preserve a world of ponies and where harmony is of great abundance from Chaos

  • ...
12
 95
 3,053

Let the Battles Begin

Let The Battles Begin

"Hello!" Said the voice of Twilight, echoing in the head of the human she found, "Can you hear me?!" The human slowly began to open his eyes. His vision was blurred, so he couldn’t tell that ponies were the ones that saved him.

"You’re saying you don’t know what it is?" a voice with an English accent asked.

"I’ve never seen a creature that had no feathers or with very little hair, or a very hard like shell." a small meek voice said.

"Hooray!" an upbeat voice cheered, "A chance to throw a welcoming party, and a new friend to get smiles from!"

"He appears to have been through a lot." a strong voice said, it sounded as if it might have been slightly masculine, "I don’t think he needs a party right now!"

"How do you know it’s a he? You said you’ve never seen one of these before!" a young male voice said loudly.

"Oh hush y’all!" piped in a broad voice with a south western accent that was unfamiliar to the human, "I’m more interested in knowin' what those weird objects with him are!" The human finally managed to get his eyes open all the way and his vision cleared. He started to look around and was baffled at the sight of six mares. Two were unicorns, two were pegasi, and two were just ordinary horses. There was also a young dragon that was as big as a small child in the room.

"What in the world!?" he shouted with surprise, jumping up in the bed. He was trying to get better grip of his surroundings as he looked around. He found himself in a place with many shelves filled with books, indicating that he must be in a library, although the ponies are what really grabbed his attention.

"You’re awake!" The purple unicorn said, who was close to his face. She bore a tattoo that looked like a star on her flank.

"Are you a guy or girl?" A cyan colored pegasus with a rainbow mane asked, it bore a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt for a mark.

"I beg your pardon?" The human said at that question, the tone of voice giving away the gender of the human.

"Wow! Rainbow Dash was right!" A pink pony said with balloons for a mark. “It’s a guy!”

"He speaks!" The yellow pegasus with butterflies as a mark said. "So what species are you?"

"Hello, I’m Rarity. I really must ask if you don’t mind, What is that odd outfit you have on!?" Said the white unicorn that has a mark of diamonds.

"Calm down, everypony." Said an orange-colored pony with the stetson hat on. "Sugarcube, why don’t ya tell us what yer name is?"

"I.. I don’t know what my name is." The human replied. Everypony gasped when they heard that.

"How sad that you don’t know who you are!" Rarity said in a sympathetic tone.

"Hi, nameless creature. I’m Pinkie pie!" The pink pony said, "So what should we call you?"

"Many refer to me as my title, which is Warrior of Light." he explained, then raised an eyebrow, "Have you steeds never seen a human before?"

"Hu-man?" The yellow pegasus repeated, slightly confused.

"That explains that odd ensemble you’re wearing!" The white unicorn said. "those are not clothes. They're knight’s armor!"

"Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Twilight Sparkle!" The purple unicorn said, and the rest began to do the same.

"I’m Fluttershy." The yellow pegasus said in a meek voice,

"As I said before, I’m Rarity, who you will be interesting to learn fashion from!"

"I’m Applejack!" said the stetson-wearing pony, "If you’re ever get hungry, come pay a visit to Sweet Apple Acres. We got the finest orchard of apples in all of Equestria."

"I’m Rainbow Dash." The cyan pegasus said.

"I’m Spike!" The young dragon said.

"'Equestria'?" Warrior repeated, still confused, "Last I remember I was ambushed by…. By…" He closed his eyes. "...I’m not sure what."

"You’ve been through a lot." Twilight said. "Here, take these three things. We found them right next to you when we found you." She gathered the sword, shield, and helmet, and returned them to the Warrior. He put the helmet on his head, attached his shield to his back, and sheathed his sword at his left side.

"I thank you for your kindness and hospitality." Warrior said, sitting up and attempting to get out of bed, " But I must return to Cosmos’s side at the sanctuary."

"Woah Nelly!" Applejack objected, rushing to Warrior and tried to push him back in the bed, "You must be plum crazy to just be going out in the way we found ya, buddy!"

"You must not waste your time on my affairs. You must allow me to return." He politely moved Applejack aside and began to slowly walk towards the door. He was still greatly confused about being rescued by ponies who appear to be almost as advanced as humans.

"Huh, that’s rude." Rainbow Dash huffed. "We help him and he just takes off. Seriously, pal. What’s the rush?"

"We didn’t even get a chance to have a party to celebrate his arrival!" Pinkie Pie whined.

Warrior opened the door and looked around. His jaw dropped in shock as he was staring at a beautiful utopian society. The only thing that seemed odd to him was the fact there are ponies all over the place, just going about their business. Many took notice of the Warrior standing in the doorway and they stopped their business to look at him while whispering to others about him:

"What is it?"

"Is it friendly?"

"Does it like to play games?"

"Does it like cake?"

"Did I take the low road or what?" Warrior wondered, looking around and scratching the back of his helmet.

"Look, you’re obiviously new around here, so please, allow us." Twilight said, approaching him from behind with the others. "Welcome to Ponyville, in the world of Equestria." Then Spike began to make gagging noises and he burped up a scroll. "A message from Princess Celestia!" Twilight rushed back and opened it up, she began to read it aloud:

“'My student Twilight Sparkle, there’s a lot of news around Ponyville that there is a stranger in our midst. I understand you have a guest and it is urgent that we meet him, so come to Canterlot immediately!'"

"You must come with us!" Rarity said to Warrior.

"It’ll give you a chance to better come to grips with where you are!" Fluttershy added.

"The princess is a wise leader and she will definitely help you with, well, whatever it is you're doing." Rainbow Dash assured.

"For some reason, I do feel that you speak the truth." Warrior said, now stumped on whether or not it is really in his best interest to follow them. “……….Very well, I will join you to see your princess.”

They all went outside and followed Twilight to the train station. Along the way, many ponies had the same reaction to Warrior as the ones before. Upon their arrival, they boarded a train and they all rushed on to Canterlot, the capital city of Equestria built into a mountainside. Along the way, Warrior was quite surprised to find out that the ponies of this world have very similar lifestyle to humans, but only they appear to be more tranquil and not so afraid as humans tend to be.

When they arrived in Canterlot, they met a royal Escort who took them towards the castle. Warrior was not surprised upon seeing it. After all he has experienced, it didn’t take long for him to accept that these ponies are able to function and thrive as a community. They were brought inside the throne room, and they met a beautiful alicorn with a mane that flowed in a way that almost always covered one of her eyes. It was multicolored with all the cool colors. She had royal tiara and a gold necklace with a jewel in the center around her neck.

"This is Princess Celestia, leader of Equestria and my mentor." Twilight said. The ponies bowed to the princess and the Warrior knelt before her.

"This is a very odd situation we have here. We have a human amongst us." Celestia said in a calm voice, "I always thought that humans are frightened, destructive, and overly curious and greedy beings, but I do know that some can be smart and others are not a wise idea to have here in Equestria."

"Thank you, Princess Celestia." Warrior said. "It is no surprise to me that you feel this way, but you have my word that I will try my best to not let humans defile this world."

"Please rise," Celestia said, and they all did, "Please, explain to us who you are and why you’re here."

"I’m afraid I do not know much about my home world at all, not even my own name. I am best known as the Warrior of Light. I have been engulfed in a fierce battle between two divine powers." The moment he mentioned 'two divine powers', Celestia was instantly hit with a thought.

"You’re a Warrior of Cosmos, aren’t you?" She asked. Warrior jumped and stared at the princess in shock, surprised to see that she knows what his duty is. She nodded and explained, "It’s in a book we have in our library." A servant walked into the room with said book. She took it and opened it up and began to look through and read it aloud:

"'This is the conflict of the gods that has been going on for many decades; God of Discord, Chaos, and Goddess of Harmony, Cosmos, summoned many warriors for devastating war. The winner of the battle will gain power, power to do to the world as they desire." The Warrior was now staring at the princess with a suspicious gaze. He thinks she knows more about the conflict than she revealed, and he also thinks there’s no way she could have gotten all this information from just a book.

"So has our world been chosen as the one to host this war?" Twilight asked in fear.

"I don’t want to think about our beautiful land on fire created by war!" Rarity interjected.

"Please, don’t be afraid." A disembodied voice said, a voice that sounded familiar to Warrior, but strange to the ponies. A lovely human woman with gold hair and draped in a white and gold dress flashed into the throne room.

"Cosmos!" Warrior cried as he rushed to her and knelt before her.

"The Goddess of Harmony, Cosmos." Celestia announced.

"Please I must ask, why am I here?" Warrior asked.

"I wanted to send other warriors to aid you, but they have been falling one by one. Something is attacking them and defeating them." She turned her attention to the ponies. "My lovely steeds, don't fear because the stage of this conflict has already been decided, but use caution because that doesn't mean that Chaos and his army won't be able to invade this world."

"But what am I doing in this strange world?" Warrior asked.

"'Strange'?!" Rarity spat in outrage.

"This world is the last stage of hope and all that is good in existence. I have charged you with a task, Warrior. Please, your other comrades are searching for their crystals to stop Chaos, and others are trying to stop the manikins. You must do all you can to protect this world from the powers of Discord. You must act quickly for Chaos has already attempted to take this world once before..." She turned her attention to Celestia. "...Your sister."

"Luna?!" Celestia said, then she thought about the time they spent talking after she was saved from her former self, Nightmare Moon, and frowned, "She never told me who, but someone helped her escape the seal she was in. He was a jester with a twisted face, and he helped her escape the moon and promised to help our subjects learn to love the night. In turn, he gave her the power to escape."

Cosmos continued to explain further, "But it wasn’t what she expected; he didn’t tell her that, in return, she would be enslaved by Chaos. He deceived her and tainted her soul with the power of Discord, and wanted to plunge this world into more than just forever nighttime, but send it into the abysmal Void, where there is no night or day."

"So that’s how Nightmare Moon was freed." Twilight said, angered by this new information.

"It was fortunate that your subjects spared her from the conflict. Your sister would have no choice but to fight in this conflict if she wasn’t freed." Cosmos explained as she turned her attention to Warrior. "Please, you must join forces with the inhabitants of this world, for you will, in time, discover a secret to ending this conflict in a way that only these ponies know how."

"It's thanks to a special informant who told me about these events. He may be a Warrior of Chaos, but if what he says is true, then I can't waste any time. Also your existence will have more meaning than just what he intended." Cosmos thought to herself, not wanting to mention about the said informant aloud.

"What exactly is this secret?" Warrior asked curiously.

"I’m afraid that is something you must find out on your own, but do not forget you must obtain the crystal. I shall open a way to the sanctuary from this world so you won’t be cut off from my sight, or your fellow warriors." She turned to Celestia and the two smiled at each other. Suddenly and unexpectedly, a creature flashed inside the throne room. It looks as if it was made of crystal, and wielded a large sword that looks like a very long katana in its left hand. The creature itself looks almost identical to the One-Winged Angel.

"Abomination!" Warrior shouted.

"What is that!?" Spike shouted with surprise, as the witnesses ran back. The guards in the room attempted to charge at the figure, but were quickly halted by Celestia. She knows that Warrior knows what to do.

"This is a manikin," explained Warrior, "This is an Imaginary Champion!" He turned his attention to the manikin, and Cosmos vanished. "Defile this place with your presence and be slain!" He drew his sword and shield and pointed his sword at the manikin. The manikin raised its sword and began to swing at the Warrior. He dodged by jumping to the side every time it swung at him. Everypony gasped at the action they were just watching, as many of them weren’t used to such violence. Warrior began to slash at the champion a few times, but it just parried his attacks. This went back and forth for a while, they couldn’t hit each other. The champion leaped upward and arched his blade downwards and grunted some odd sounds and the blade began to glow and fall in an attempt to impale him from above. Warrior made his blade glow and he dug it into the ground and shouted some words,

"BATHE IN THE LIGHT!"

The warrior flung his sword out of the ground and moved it upwards, and many lights flashed from the ground and traveled towards the manikin. Once the lights made contact with the manikin, they obliterated it and before it disappeared it uttered, “I’ll fall into the Shadow.”

"That was incredible!" Spike said, never seeing such action in his young life.

"Yeah!" Pinkie Pie cheered, and began to ramble, "You were all, like, eat light and he was all, like, 'To the 'Promised Land'."

"That was only a sample of what Chaos is capable of." Warrior said, "Luckily that was only one. Normally, I encountered in one area about on average of five at the same time."

"That’s rough!" Rainbow Dash said, "I would love to help you fight them!"

"Did you just use forbidden magic?" Twilight asked, stunned.

"What do you mean by 'Forbidden'?" Warrior asked.

"Well, here we typically use magic to move things around and move to places faster, basically to make our chores easier." Twilight explained, "But I have read about magic that allows one to summon fire, ice, and lightning, among other things, and the ability to heal the sick and wounded without medicine or doctors. I read that such abilities are considered unnatural and therefore labeled as forbidden."

"It’s not hard to tell that that white stick you’re holding is a weapon." Fluttershy added, "Those things are considered barbaric. Since they give others with unstable minds feelings of power, they can easily corrupt somepony, and they're not good for anything but inflicting harm on others. The guards have spears but those are only for defending Canterlot and its citizens"

"This is my sword and shield, and I beg you to not forget my promise. You have nothing to fear from me." Warrior reassured, "Besides, you must know a true knight never uses his weapon to bring intentional harm to anyone, rather to protect."

"Don’t worry. I believe you." Spike said, the others smiled and nodded their heads.

"We’ll discuss this later." Warrior said, he walked over to Celestia and knelt before her, "Lady Celestia, if it is Cosmos’s wish that I should, I would be honored to help you defend your land from the manikins and the evil powers of Chaos."

"I would be honored to have a Warrior of Cosmos in our presence. If we are to encounter many more of those manikins, or if Chaos ever shows his face in our world, you can stop them." Celestia smiled.

"Great." Pinkie Pie smiled. "Now it’s PARTY TIME!"

"Why celebrate?" Warrior asked with a look of great confusion, "There is no reason to."

"You’ll get used to it." Fluttershy laughed, "Pinkie Pie loves smiles, being random, and parties, and whenever there could be a reason to celebrate, she’ll do it."

"We gotta celebrate to welcome our new friend to our home! Then, we’ll have another party to celebrate how you beat up that manikin!" Pinkie Pie explained.

Applejack laughed. "Well, I can definitely say, Big, strong warrior, Welcome to Ponyville."

"Thank you." Warrior said, "But before I begin my duties, I must return to the Sanctuary."

"Right now?" Fluttershy asked disappointed, "You just got here!"

"I’m a soldier in a war, and my duties are never ending." Warrior sighed.

"We’ll go with you!" Twilight said, the others agreed in unison.

"There will surely be manikins there to attack at any given time." Warrior explained. "I strongly advise against it."

"That may be true, but with our world already becoming engulfed in this conflict, we should at least get to know the others who are going to protect us better." Rainbow Dash argued.

Sighing in defeat, Warrior shook his head. "Sadly, I’m afraid I can’t stop you though. I did promise to protect you, and if you wish to come with me, then I will have to do just that."

"For a human you sure are knightly!" Rarity giggled.

"Until we meet again, young Warrior of Light." Princess Celestia said, others bowed to the princess and after they walked out, she sighed and began to smile and think. "It was so good to see you again, my dear friend. That is no ordinary warrior, yet there is something that makes him appear.....created not born.

The group returned to Ponyville the same way they first arrived, but already the sun began to set. After some arguing, they decided to go to the Sanctuary tomorrow morning, so they decided to go to Sugarcube Corner for the welcoming party that Pinkie Pie wanted to celebrate for their new friend tonight. Warrior of Light was surprised to see that these ponies not only eat a normal vegetarian diet, but they also eat sweets as well, even though he already guessed that they knew how to cook. Most of the ponies just couldn’t help but constantly bombard him with questions, sadly most of his answers were “I don’t know.”

“What do you do for fun?”

“Where are you from?”

“What do you love to eat?”

"Hey, calm down, everypony. He doesn’t know any good answers to most of your questions, so, please, don’t overwhelm him." Twilight intervened, calming all the ponies down. They understood and went to continue mingling. Warrior sighed with relief.

"Thank you." Warrior said frowning, "All these questions about what I don’t know, about who I am, makes me feel horrible, that I’m a stranger to myself." Warrior picked up a cup of punch and sipped it with a sad look on his face.

"I would love to help you." Twilight said giving a sympathetic smile, "But all I can really do is offer you our undying support in your duty to protect our world and our friendship." When Twilight said that, all the ponies attending the party smiled at Warrior, implying that they want to offer their friendship to him as well. He looked around and realized that this was new to him.

Warrior contemplated this for a little bit then came to a revelation. "I was never really able to experience much friendship. Though I was able to build some familiarity with my comrades, it was nothing I can really call real friendship with. I have my duties as a Warrior of Cosmos to fulfill first."

"He reminds me a lot like myself before I had friends." Twilight thought.

"Well, that’s just as well." Pinkie Pie said, "Because now you have us." Warrior looked at all the eyes on him and he put his cup down.

"Thank you, Lady Pinkie Pie." Warrior bowed, "It was a lovely party, but now I must return to the sanctuary."

"Why? It's not tomorrow morning yet!" Pinkie Pie pouted.

"I must return. As I said, my duties never end."

"We’re going, too!" Rainbow Dash piped in.

"Fine!" Warrior sighed in annoyance. He headed out the door and the six ponies, including Spike, followed him. In the center of town, there was a small energy stream that wasn’t there before. It was about three feet long, and it appears to be flowing upwards until the other end of it was no longer visible.

"What’s this?" Rarity asked.

"This is a grind beam used for quick movement." Warrior explained, "This will act as the gateway to the sanctuary."

"How do we use this crazy contraption?" Applejack asked.

"Like this!" Warrior leaped on the grind beam and slid on it. As he did, he vanished from sight.

"Where did he go?" Fluttershy said in amazement.

"OOOO!" Pinkie Pie cheered, "He must be a magician! I love magic tricks!"

"I’ll give it a shot!" Spike said, he jumped on it and grinded until he disappeared. The others looked at each other and Fluttershy gulped. The others leaped on it and wrapped their bodies around the grind beam and they slid forward. As they went higher, the world around them begin fade to pitch black. Reaching the end of the beam that regained its light from where it faded before, they landed on the pitch black ground. They stood up and looked around.

"Why did everything fade black?" Pinkie Pie asked, “Did we die?" Fluttershy started shaking and whimpering due to the pitch black area.

"No, Pinkie." Twilight sighed, "I think we appeared in what could be an interdimensional veil, which links the two universes together.”

"So the Sanctuary must not be part of Equestria. This means we must be in a new world!" Rainbow Dash said, obviously excited to visit new places, "Hey wait, where’s Spike? And where’s Warrior?"

"Oh, no!" Fluttershy shouted, and she dashed forward into the blackness. The others followed suit and as they moved forward the blackness came to light. They were in a new area that had a cloudy sky and many marble stones everywhere, and the ground had a very smooth and cool feeling as most of it was covered in a light layer of water.

"Welcome to the Order’s Sanctuary." Warrior said, approaching from up front with Spike beside him, "The main meeting area for us Warriors of Cosmos, because here is also where the throne of Cosmos resides."

"Hey! I could clear up that sky for you!" Rainbow Dash said. Before Warrior could say anything, she dashed upwards and began to remove the clouds, but as fast as she removed them they would just reappear. She came down after two minutes of pushing clouds, panting and out of breath.

"The ability to move storm clouds is spectacular," Warrior said admirably, "but these clouds represent Cosmos’s despair, so they won’t just go away." He turned around and walked towards the center which was at least two hundred feet away. Cosmos could be seen sitting in the center on what appears to be a giant marble bowl, but it is really Cosmos’s throne.

Cosmos saw Warrior and his new acquaintances approaching, and she began to think about what happened at Canterlot.

"I’m sorry that I summoned that manikin inside the castle and risked your home, but you must understand you need to know what is ahead for you, for there will be no mercy and there will be pain. You six ponies know what friendship is, and you’re still learning, but now it is time to put such a bond to the test and see if it can survive the brutality of war."

"Cosmos, I have returned to your side." Warrior said kneeling. He turned to the ponies, "I will visit often and I promise that I will defend your world, but for the time being I must remain here. There is a gateway to come here from your world, and vice versa so we can visit each other whenever we can. To return to Equestria, just leave the same way you came in. I have business to conduct here, so please, return to Ponyville. When I am done, I will join you again there."

"All right." Twilight nodded, "I’ll see you again, Warrior of Light."

"Thanks for the exciting day!" Spike said, "When you come back, we'll show you around."

"Great meetin’ ya, sugarcube. Don’t forget to come to my orchard sometime for the best apples you’ve ever tasted." Applejack said while tipping her stetson.

"I would still love to learn ways to create interesting human dresses, so please come by to my boutique!" Rarity requested.

"I really enjoy meeting a new creature. I would love to see if there are any more out there that I haven’t seen yet." Fluttershy said.

"If you ever need a volunteer for your magic tricks, just give me a call!" Pinkie Pie smiled.

"I’ll be back sometime. I want to learn the ways to beat those manikins." Rainbow Dash said, puffing her chest out in confidence. The ponies turned around and walked towards the end of the sanctuary. Once they reached the edge they disappeared.

"That really is an odd world." Warrior commented, "No humans, only steeds. What could possibly be in that world that could influence this conflict?"

"You will know if you keep your promise to protect their world and assist them in their everyday problems, so keep your promise and visit often." Cosmos stated.


Meanwhile at the Sky Fortress Bahamut, the Harlequin, Kefka, was trying to control his puppet, Terra, who was acting quite rebellious.

"All right." Kefka sighed, "So much for Mister Nice Kefka." His tone turned serious. "Sorry, babe. I only hurt you because you make me!" He began to use his magic to hurt her head, thus torturing her.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" shouted the voice of a young man interjecting between them. This is the sky pirate, Vaan.

"Who? What? When, Where, Why? Can’t you see when someone’s busy? Run along and play now!" Kefka ordered.

"I’ll tell you again just in case you didn’t hear me the first time: Leave that girl alone!" said Vaan, his tone more threatening.

"Right." Kefka rose into the air and glared at the sky pirate, "In that case, PLAY DEAD!"