• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 3,053 Views, 95 Comments

Dissidia Final Fantasy Friendship is Magic - Final Fantasy BRN



A warrior is chosen to preserve a world of ponies and where harmony is of great abundance from Chaos

  • ...
12
 95
 3,053

Sonic Rainboom

Sonic Rainboom


After a couple days since the search for the reports, Warrior, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack were all helping Twilight restack and rearrange her shelves of books at the Library. They were just finishing up as Twilight used her unicorn powers to put the last book back on the shelf.

"Last one." Twilight smiled. "Thank you so much for helping me clean up all these books guys. It was a crazy week of studying." The mares smiled at her while Warrior nodded to her. Then all of a sudden a screaming voice crept into the air and got loader. Rainbow Dash crashed through a window and bounced off all the shelves and knocked the group down, the crashing stopped. They were all down on the floor and all the books and scrolls were tossed off the shelves recreating the mess. Fluttershy appeared from behind and landed in the hole where the window was. She smiled at Rainbow Dash and didn’t take notice of the mess.

"Rainbow Dash, you rock! Woohoo." Fluttershy cheered in her light and soft voice. She then noticed the mess and gasped. "Did my cheering do that?" The group stood themselves back up right.

Rainbow Dash laughed and tried to sound innocent. "Hehe. Sorry about that ladies." Her tone turned serious and she looked down bitterly. "THAT was a truly feeble performance."

Fluttershy grumbled, but spoke in a cheerful tone. "Actually, it wasn't all bad. I particularly liked it when you made the clouds spin."

"Ugh." Rainbow Dash grumbled. She glared at Fluttershy. "I'm not talking about my performance, I'm talking about yours." She threw an accusing hoof at Fluttershy. "That feeble cheering!"

"What are you two arguing about?" Twilight asked.

"Were we arguing?" Fluttershy squeaked. "I'm sorry."

Rainbow Dash grunted bitterly. "I wish you guys could come to Cloudsdale to see me compete in the Best Young Flyer Competition."

"What's that?" Twilight asked.

"It's where all the greatest Pegasus flyers get together and show off their different flying styles!" Pinkie Pie explained, she started running around the room making the noises of an automobile. "Some are fast! And some are graceful." She attempted to do a graceful pose by standing on one leg but she lost her balance and started wobbling about. "Woah, woah, WooooaaAAAAHH!" She fell back into the mess of books.

"Golly." Applejack sighed happily. "I'd love to see you strut yer stuff in that competition."

"A contest of one’s talents. Very interesting." Warrior thought.

"Yeah. I wish you guys could be there. Fluttershy's a great support, but her cheering isn't exactly inspirational." Rainbow Dash said trying to spare Fluttershy’s feelings.

"OOH! I'd love to see you make a sonic rainboom!" Pinkie Pie said in an excited tone. "It's like, the most coolest thing ever! Even though I've never actually seen it, but I mean COME ON! It's a sonic rainboom! How not cool could it possibly not be?!"

"What's a sonic rainboom?" Twilight asked. Pinkie Pie raised an eyebrow to Twilight.

"You really need to get out more." She said. Pinkie Pie ran up the steps and to a table and climbed on it and stood tall. "The sonic rainboom is legendary! When a Pegasus like Rainbow Dash gets going sooo fast... BOOM!" She leaped off the table and landed with a thud on the books. "A sonic boom and a rainbow can happen all at once!"

"And Rainbow Dash here's the only pony to ever pull it off." Applejack added. The group looked at Rainbow Dash, she smiled feeling proud of herself.

"It was a long time ago... I was just a filly." Rainbow Dash said nervously.

"Yeah, but you're gonna do it again, right?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Are... you kidding? I'm the greatest flyer to ever come out of Cloudsdale! I could do sonic rainbooms in my sleep." Rainbow Dash said boastfully, but she also sounded quite uncertain.

"Wow. If you pull that off, you'll win the crown for sure!" Twilight said happily.

"Is the trophy really a crown?" Warrior asked.

"OH Yes!" Rainbow Dash said with glee. "The grand prize is an entire day with the Wonderbolts. A whole day of flying with my life-long heroes... It'll be a dream come true!"

"Yay!" Fluttershy squeaked.

Rainbow Dash glared at her. "I'm gonna go rest up. Don't wanna over prepare myself, y'know. Hehe." She walked up to Fluttershy and got in her face. "YOU, on the other hand, better keep practicing. I need a cheering section to match my spectacular performance." She gave Fluttershy a boastful look as she flew out the hole there the window was.

Fluttershy put her front legs up on the hole and stared at Rainbow dash as she flew away. "She's practiced that move a hundred times, and she's never even come close to doing it. I don't know if I can cheer loud enough to help her." She flew out and followed Rainbow Dash.

"Well, guess we better get this cleaned up... again." Twilight sighed. She began manipulating a book to put it back on the shelf but, Rarity poked Twilight’s behind with the tip of her horn.

"Go on, go on." Rarity nagged.

"Go on what?"

"Find a spell that will get us wingless ponies into Cloudsdale." Rarity ordered. "Didn't you see how nervous she was?"

"Nervous? Have you spit yer bit or somethin'?" Applejack scoffed. "She was tootin' her own horn louder then the brass section of a marching band!"

"Oh, puh-lease." Rarity scoffed back. "I have put on enough fashion shows to recognize stage fright when I see it. We've got to find a way to be there for her." Rarity turned to Twilight. "Now go on!" Rarity slammed her behind into Twilight and knocked her into the mess of books.

"How am I supposed to find a flight spell in this mess?" Twilight grumbled.

"I’ll help you." Warrior offered, he started picking up books and flipping through the pages.

"A flight spell? One sec." Pinkie Pie picked up a particular book and tossed it to Twilight. "Page twenty-seven." Twilight used her unicorn powers to open the book and read it.

"How'd you do that?" Applejack said amazed.

"It landed on my face when Rainbow Dash knocked me into the bookcase." Pinkie Pie explained. Warrior put the books he picked up back on the shelves and began cleaning up the mess.

"Here it is!" Twilight announced. "A spell that will allow Earth ponies to fly for three days." She began to read the description. She put on a worried look. "Ooh, it looks really difficult... I'm not sure I can do it."

"You've got to try!" Rarity encouraged.

"Fear not, you’ve mastered many magicks, surly this spell will be not trouble for someone as talented as you." Warrior also encouraged as he continued to put away books. Twilight smiled at him.

"Okay... But who's gonna volunteer to be the test subject?" She eyed everyone in the area to see who would step forward.

"I will." Warrior stepped forward.

"I may have to try something different for you." Twilight said to Warrior. "This spell is specifically for earth ponies, not humans." Warrior looked aside, feeling slightly put out.

"I will! For Rainbow Dash, I will go first." Rarity said stepping forward.

"See? Remember what I said? Your generosity is a gift." Warrior said to Rarity. Rarity sighed and smiled at Warrior

"Here goes." Twilight said feeling uncertain. She focused her powers and unleashed them upon the white unicorn. A white-blue stream of music stretched towards Rarity and engulfed her whole body.


Trixie screamed as she soared downwards at incredible speed. Bright yellow flames surrounded her. A bright flash occurred and was left unconscious on a hot ground. It didn’t take long for her to regain her senses and slowly open her eyes. She looked around and noticed that the landscape looked very similar to Chaos’s throne.

"So, I must be in Hell." She gulped in fear. "Always hoped I would never end up being here." She shook her head and regained her bravery. "Guess I need to find this guide and pass the trial."

"Never thought I’d find your kind in here." A male voice said behind her. She turned and noticed Judge Gabranth standing behind her as he stared her down through his helmet. "Who are you?"

"I’m the Great and Powerful Trixie!" She said boldly. "Are you the judge?"

"More or less. Right now I’m Hell’s watchdog." Gabranth said.

"I was told you would guide me in a trial I must pass, and when I do I will be one who serves the God of Discord."

"Hmph." Gabranth scoffed. "Just another stray being played with by the gods. No matter, if you wish to take the trial. Choose the path you wish to take. All paths lead to the same end anyway. You keep fighting….and die like a dog."

"Is that my trial? More fighting? I already fought in an earlier trial."

"Pointless isn’t it?" Gabranth smirked. "But this trial is to test your abilities with the powers bestowed upon you." Gabranth snapped his fingers and three manikins appeared around her. Trixie focused her powers and it took her a lot less time to charge up to full than before. Trixie smiled at this and fired a black beam of magic that split into three beams and smashed through the manikins.

"Incredible! This power makes me even greater than before!" Trixie cheered staring at her hooves.

"Not completely incapable. Good." Gabranth said. He walked away and Trixie fallowed him.


Over in Ponyville The group finished cleaning up the mess and left the library to go to Cloudsdale. Rarity already left.

"Good thing I found that spell! We should be just fine!" Twilight smiled. "Glad it even worked for you." She said to Warrior.

"Now I shall get a closer look at the place where the pegasi live." Warrior said sounding like he really wanted to go. The team all piled into the basket of the town Hot Air balloon. Warrior eyed it curiously "So how exactly does this thing work?"

"Like this!" Twilight said. She used her unicorn powers to pull the chords to create the fire which sent hot air into the balloon and sent it upwards into the sky. In a few minutes they made it up into Cloudsdale. It didn’t take long since the place was directly above Ponyville. They instantly found Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash near the entrance. They also noticed Rarity showing off the new spell. The spell Twilight worked on Rarity was a success, it gave her a pair of large butterfly wings that were blue and transparent, they sparkled like stars and had many green and read hues in them. Rainbow Dash looked very happy to see the others there for her.

"This is so cool! You guys made it!" Rainbow Dash cheered, the group touched down on a cloud.

"Sure did!" Pinkie Pie said happily. She jumped out of the balloon and Rainbow Dash shrieked for Pinkie Pie would fall through the cloud to her death.

"WAIT!" She screamed. But Pinkie Pie landed on the Cloud completely safe. She smiled at Rainbow Dash as the others jumped out of the balloon basket and stood safely on the clouds. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were both stunned.

"How'd you do that? Only Pegasus ponies can walk on clouds." Rainbow Dash questioned.

"Pinkie Pie did a cartwheel to show off their new ability. Haha. Pretty cool, huh?"

"I found a spell that makes temporary wings, but it was too difficult to do more than once. So I found an easier spell that lets the rest of us walk on clouds." Twilight explained. "I had to mess with it a little so that it would work on Warrior."

"This pony’s skill with magic is incredible." Warrior commented. Twilight giggled and blushed.

"And we came to cheer you to victory!" Applejack said.

"To be honest, I was starting to get just the teeniest, tiniest bit nervous." Rainbow Dash admitted. "But I feel a LOT better now that you guys are here. Hey, we've got some time before the competition. Why don't Fluttershy and I show you around Cloudsdale?" The others agreed and the two pegasi took lead to tour them around the city in the sky. They brought them over a mound of clouds and showed them the central square of the city. The place looked like a city of ancient Greece with buildings that resembled Temples and Coliseums, only being made entirely of clouds. "Here it is, the greatest city in the sky!" The group all stared at it in awe, while Rarity just marveled at her own beauty with her reflection in the window of a nearby store.

"Uhh." Rainbow Dash went, reacting to Rarity’s poses. Then decided to continue the tour. "Some of the greatest Pegasi in history came from Cloudsdale!"

"Oh wait for me!" Rarity called when she noticed the others leaving her behind, she caught up with them.

"Those wings are gorgeous!" A working pony said staring at Rarity’s wings. He was working with a jackhammer making houses out of cloud. The tool itself was one Warrior never seen before. The stallion was distracted by Rarity's wings and lost control of it and the jackhammer fell out of the sky.

"Why thank you!" Rarity cooed. She soared overhead as the others walked on the clouds.

"Be careful with those wings, Rarity. They're made from gossamer and morning dew, and they're incredibly delicate." Twilight warned.

"Don't worry, Twilight. I'm sure they can't get worn out from too much attention." Rarity replied loving all the eyes that were on her.

"Call for too much attention and it will destroy you!" Warrior warned.

"You’re sweet to worry about me Warrior, but I’ll be just fine." Rarity laughed.

"Since we're up here, I'd sure like to get a look at where the weather's made." Applejack requested.

"Great idea! C'mon. To the weather factory!" Rainbow Dash called.


Back in Hell Trixie just destroyed a few more manikins with her new powers.

"What did you do to end up here? Hmph do you even know where you are?"

"Of course! I’m taking a trial by Chaos, and I’m in Hell." Trixie replied.

"It’s more than that." Gabranth added. "We are disconnected from where the gods fight over the fate of the world. We are in a Hell where broken warriors fight empty battles. Those who overcome the trials here are summoned back to the battle of the gods."

"Exactly, that’s why I must pass." Trixie said in a determined tone.

"You’re already fighting down here, going back only means more fighting. What could be more pointless? We are shackled to endless conflict. You should surrender to your fate."

"You mentioned seeing one of my own down here, what did you mean by that?" Trixie asked.

"You’re an Equestrian aren’t you?" Gabranth asked, Trixie nodded. "I’ve met your kind before."

"Who?" Trixie asked anxiously.

"Two princesses, one was a bright as the daytime, the other was as dark as the night." Gabranth explained.

"Luna and Celestia." Trixie said looking to the ground.

"So that’s what their names were." Gabranth said.

"What happened?" Trixie asked.

"You see, I wasn’t always hell’s watchdog. You see I too served the God of Discord. My hatred gave me power, in fact it still does. I’ve marched up to the Godess of Harmony’s throne, and saw the two princesses several times. My goal was to slay the goddess and end the pointless battles. But that annoying line of defense felled me each time."

"Do you know what they were doing with the goddess?" Trixie asked.

"I do believe I’ve heard a mentioning of mastering the ways of magicks." Trixie looked stunned at this new information. Gabranth snapped his fingers again and Trixie began honing her powers again. She waited for the manikins to attack but none showed up. She waited for a few moments then a manikin jumped out from behind a rock. Trixie acted quickly and created a barrier behind her and when the Manikin touched it, it shattered. Then immediately three more showed up and all attempted to ambush her. Trixie spread out the barrier and it destroyed the manikins once they touched it.

"Still not giving in?" Gabranth asked. Trixie shook her head. "Your reason for doing this must be strong. Tell me Equestrian, why do you seek the endless war?"

"I’ve been humiliated and robbed by a unicorn and a man that fight’s for Cosmos." Trixie explained. "If I gain the powers of a god, I can easily squash them both!"

"Oh I see, you seek vengeance. Then fight and show me how much it means to you."


Back in Cloudsdale, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had led the others to the place where the weather was created, the Weather Factory. The building was large and looked like a temple. Many rainbows, storm clouds of both thunder and snow, and other such weather phenomena surrounded the place. A stallion wearing a white coat and a white hard helmet stood next to the main entrance and handed out coats and helmets to the ponies. They put them on before going inside, while Warrior refused to put it on. Knowing how strong and brave he is they let him inside without the gear.

Rainbow Dash led them into an area where several pegasi were closely examining snowflakes with magnifying glasses. "This is where they make the snowflakes. Each one is hoofmade. As you can see, it's a delicate operation." Rainbow Dash explained quietly so the pegasi could concentrate. Rarity flew up to look at several snowflakes hanging on display.

"Ooh, the snowflakes look even better from up here." Rairty said. But the flapping of her wings created a wind that blew the snowflakes that the pegasi were working on away and scatter all over the place. They cried in outrage as they ran around the place and collected them in bowls attached to their helmets.

"We better move on before Rarity ruins winter and causes a drought." Rainbow Dash sighed exasperatedly. They left the room and went to a room filled with rainbow colored waters. Warrior stared at it in awe, he’s never seen anything more beautiful. "And here's where they make the rainbows!" The working pegasi in this room held large sticks to stir and churn the liquid. Pinkie Pie walked over to the liquid and dipped one of her hooves into it, she pulled it out and licked the Rainbow liquid. She made several dissatisfied faces as her face shot several different colors and blew fire out her mouth.

"How’s she doing that? She’s not a dragon!" Warrior thought.

"Spicy!" Pinkie Pie cried, she dashed away to find something to cool her off. The ponies all shared a laugh, while Warrior felt the return of the tickling sensation.

"Yeah, rainbows aren't really known for their flavor." Rainbow Dash laughed.

"Oh, where'd you get those amazing wings? I want a pair!" A stallion said in amazement. Turned out Rarity was showing off her wings again. She caught the attention of three stallions that Rainbow Dash wasn’t happy to see.

"Hmm... Yeah, I guess I could see that." Rairty commented

"Oh, hey look, it's Rainbow Crash again!" The same stallion mocked.

The stallion standing behind him laughed. "Heheheyeah! Rainbow... Umm... Eyah... Crash!"

"Rarity! What're you doing talking to these guys?" Rainbow Dash asked bitterly.

"Oh, they were just admiring my wings, Rainbow Dash." Rarity said sounding innocent.

"Yeah, you should forget the sonic rainboom and just get yourself some wings like these!" The lead stallion laughed.

"Hey!" Warrior called he moved towards the three stallions and gulped and began to shake. Like the other ponies, they knew exactly who he was. "What makes you think she couldn’t perform the sonic rainboom?"

"Well, sir. It’s just an old mare’s tale." The lead stallion said nervously. "She’s not that much of a great flyer."

"Well, even if what you say is true, which it isn't. This pegasus has done more to protect this world than you know." Warrior said sternly. "Understand another’s potential before you pass mockery." The stallion nodded but it seemed as if they weren’t really listening to Warrior.

"See you Rainbow Crash!" The lead stallion laughed and the others flew away also laughing at her. Warrior gave them a death look. Rainbow Dash looked down with a sad look. Fluttershy walked up to her and placed a hoof on her back.

"Uhh... C'mon, girls. Why don't we go see how clouds are made?" Fluttershy suggested. "Don't listen to them. You're gonna win that competition for sure!"

"Are you kidding? I can't DO the sonic rainboom, and just look at these boring, plain old feathered wings. I'm doomed!"

Warrior walked up to her and gave her a concerned look. "Have you learned nothing from our travels together?" Rainbow Dash only answered with a stare. "Besides, I do remember Lightning saying how she admired your reckless behavior and willingness to challenge everything, because it allowed you to do amazing feats. Are you trying to prove her wrong?" Rainbow Dash’s mood instantly perked up at the mentioning of Lightning.

"No, way! I’m waaaaaay cooler than her! I’ve been trying to prove that when she lit my wing on fire."

"Then continue." Warrior encouraged. They walked into a room with several pegasi pouring water into boiling cauldrons. The steam created the fog which creates the clouds. The team stopped moving when they heard several voices ooo-ing and aww-ing. They turned to see Rarity showing off again and the large group of working pegasi all gathered around her.

"What, these old things? Go ahead, everypony. Photos are encouraged." Rarity announced trying to hide her arrogance. The group all glared at her, then Twilight decided to confront her.

"Rarity, we're supposed to be helping Rainbow Dash relax, remember? Put your wings away and stop showing off!" Twilight whispered in an angry tone.

"Oh, pfft. How can you ask me to put away perfection?" Rarity scoffed. She flew up into the view of the sun and spread out her wings. The sunlight peered through the wing’s transparency and created a radiant rainbow light that shined on the crowd. All the poines in attendance stared in awe. Twilight and Warrior noticed Rainbow Dash cowering on the floor.

"Waa-haa-haa!" Rairty cheered she liked the attention she was getting.

"Rainbow Dash, are you okay?" Twilight asked. "You don't look so good."

"Remember, Lightning!" Warrior tried to encourage. Rainbow Dash was hyperventilating.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be okay? Everyone's so in love with Rarity's wings that they won't even notice when I totally blow it in the Best Young Flyer's Competition." Rainbow Dash said trying to sound brave, but her words showed that she was not ok.

"Hey!" A nearby mare shouted to Rarity. "There's an idea! YOU should enter the competition!"

"Yeah! I could watch you fly all day long!" An old pegasus that looked similar to Granny Smith said. Rarity thought about it for a few moments.

"There really isn't anypony who uses their wings quite like me. Perhaps I should compete." Rarity smiled.

"WHAT?!" Rainbow Dash shouted in disbelief. Rarity flew away as the crowd continued to stare at her in awe, she flew away as the crowd fallowed her. The rest of the group walked over to Rainbow Dash as she began to panic. "What am I gonna DO?! I'll never win the competition now..."


Back in Hell Trixie was talking with Gabranth.

"I believe that you should cast away your feelings of vengeance." Gabranth suggested. Trixie felt surprised to hear that from a Warrior of Chaos. "You see, I was robbed of everything. My brothers in arms, the pride I was to defend. You should be the same…wandering this wasteland after having lost everything."

"You’re saying I should just stay here?" Trixie said outraged.

"Yes. Back in the world, all there is, is more fighting. And the pain you were dealt is there as well. Your away from it all as long as you’re here."

"I can’t turn back now. The Great and Powerful Trixie must return and prove that I am worthy of the name Great and Powerful”

Gabranth scoffed at her. "Why have you not lost yourself yet? Is your vengeance enough to drive you to keep struggling?"

"Twilight Sparkle and the Warrior of Light will pay!" Trixie said.

"Then in the mean time, why do you make them pay?" Gabranth snapped his fingers again and eight manikins surrounded Trixie all at once. They all readied their weapons and got ready to kill her but she used her new powers to spread eight black magic beams in all directions of the manikins and destroyed them all simultaneously. Trixie stood tall over the ashes of her fallen opponents, her new powers were serving her well.

"Do you long to join the battlefield of the gods? To keep fighting ever more?" Gabranth asked.

"I’ll pay my debt to the God of Discord by helping him eliminate Cosmos. Then I’ll make Twilight Sparkle and the Warrior of Light bow to me."

"Really, so you will honor your new master and his cause, all in the name of getting what you want?"

"He’s helped me, so I owe him."

Gabranth scoffed again. "Let me tell you about a hound I knew. The gods bid the cur to face a certain mage. He fought without hesitation or restraint. As the struggle continued, the hound swelled with pride, this is what he had lived for. But to the gods, the hound’s pride and the future it brought meant less than nothing. At that time another wyrm or what looked like a wyrm, sat on the throne of your world. Two princesses were seeking the secrets of forbidden magick to defeat this new adversary. They were learning these skills from the very mage the hound had to fight. I was trying their powers to see how they were coming along. They showed more potential than I could have imagined. The gods filled the world with disorder…Then the wyrm sent all life to the void. The hound was cast aside like a broken toy. Thus Judge Gabranth was sent to this Hell. That is what comes of standing against the gods. But fight if you still desire it." Trixie was taking in all this information.

"What about these two wyrms?"

"One was in league with the God of Discord but his intentions didn’t seem so sincere. I can’t really say it’s a wyrm. It seemed to embody everything we fought for his appearance was…disorienting. The other one, well…if you’re going to join the war of the gods, you’ll see soon enough." Trixie began to think more about Equestria’s history, and now more things of history’s mysteries were starting to come to light.

"There’s so much about this that I don’t know about." Trixie thought to herself. "Our home must be in too deep with this war to turn back completely."


Back in Cloudsdale The Competition was about to start as the group went to their seats. Rarity already left to get ready. Warrior decided to stay behind and walk Rainbow Dash to the competitors lobby, he would give her some final words before she goes out on stage.

"Rainbow Dash, are you all right?" Warrior asked.

"To be honest, I don’t think I can do this. I’ll never be able to recreate the sonic rainboom." Rainbow Dash began to shake but she stopped as she felt Warrior’s hand touch her mane. She turned and looked at him in the eyes.

"Rainbow Dash, you’re the best athlete I know. There’s not been a single challenge that I haven’t seen you accomplish."

"But this is different." Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Maybe, but you know what, you’ve impressed me, and proved me wrong." Rainbow Dash’s eyes lit up.

"How?"

"Lightning told me about how well you two worked together to defeat the manikins. She also told me how you managed to destroy some yourself. You proved to me that you can defeat the manikins. You’re strong, and I know this challenge is one you will overcome." Rainbow Dash smiled and nodded.

"Your right! Thank you Warrior! Oh and thanks for sticking up for me back there!" She turned around and walked into the waiting room. Warrior couldn’t follow her since that room was only for competitors. Warrior turned around when, to his surprise a familiar grey pegasus dropped down and hit the cloud ground with a loud thud, right in front of Warrior.

"Derpy, quite a pleasure to see you again." Warrior bowed.

"Nice to see you here Warrior!" Derpy smiled.

"I have to admit you have great talents for how you really did manage to put me to sleep." Warrior admitted.

"Thanks!" Derpy giggled. "So what brings you here?"

"Me and a few others wanted to help encourage a comrade who will be competing in the Best Flyer Competition. And also see how another comrade will do in the competition, but she intends to get attention rather than actually compete."

"How cool! I’ll be in the competition also!"

"Interesting, I shall be there to see your skills." Warrior nodded.

"Thanks! Can’t wait to show you my stuff!" Derpy cheered she walked past Warrior and into the Competitor’s lobby. Warrior left and went to the section where the others were sitting in the audience. A light blue stallion Pegasus wearing big sunglasses and a maroon colored jacket, with a headset microphone took the stage.

"Fillies and gentlecolts!" He announced. "Please rise and join me in welcoming our beloved Princess Celestia!" The crowd cheered as Princess Celestia with two stallion guards lowered from above and landed into a V.I.P. area in the front. "Please welcome our celebrity judges for the Best Young Flyer Competition: the Wonderbolts!" The crowd cheered even louder as the Wonderbolts flew out of the sky with great aerodynamics and performed a stunt that created an explosion that looked like popping firecrackers and left a pretty light show. The crowd cheered and Rainbow Dash smiled as she poked her head through the curtains. They headed down from the air and sat in the judges section. "And now, let's find out who will take the prize as this year's best young flyer!"

"What number is Rainbow Dash? Or Rarity?" Fluttershy asked.

"I’m not sure." Twilight replied. "Guess we’ll just wait and find out." About half an hour passed as they saw several different pegasi perform several different moves in the air and shown what made them skilled in their own way, then came number twelve.

"Derpy." Warrior said to himself. Derpy took the stage and jumped up and dashed through a cloud and began to zip and dash all over the place. The moisture she got from the cloud she jumped through left bubbles everywhere she went. She stopped and hovered in place as bubbles surrounded her and popped. The crowd cheered and Warrior applauded. She waved to Warrior and he bowed to her.

"You know her?" Applejack asked Warrior.

"Yes, she and I spent time together while you guys were searching for the reports." Warrior explained. She helped me during a manikin attack.

"She must be very nice." Twilight said. The competition continued as they were down to the last two contestants, and since neither Rarity nor Rainbow Dash has shown up yet, the last two must be them.

"I loved number seven. Doing fifteen barrel-rolls in a row can't be easy." Twilight smiled.

"My favorite is number ten. She just looked like such a nice pony." Fluttershy said.

"Hmm.. Wonder how come we haven't seen Rainbow Dash or Rarity yet." Applejack questioned. "The competition's almost over."

"Don’t worry, we’ll see them soon." Warrior assured.

"And now, for our final competitor of the day, contestant number fifteen!" The stallion announced. Rainbow Dash appeared on the stage, with Rarity appearing right behind her. Warrior scoffed that Rarity was apparently trying to gain more attention. "Uhh... And apparently contestant number four..." Rarity was donned in a very flashy outfit and her face was covered with blue eyeliner and red lipstick. She also wore extended eyelashes with two red earrings on both ears. She also wore a purple sparkly headdress with red feathers that went along the head of her mane. Her body had a ruby red, diamond embroidered neck dress with the bottom equipped with a purple and green fuzzy accessory. Her back was equipped with laces that had red with green spots, and purple with a green streak down the center. She also wore diamond red hoof shoes.

"I can’t believe this, she didn’t heed my warning." Warrior scoffed shaking his head. But he applauded as the others cheered for both her and Rainbow Dash.

"Good luck, Rainbow Dash. Just do your best. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of changing our music. That 'rock and roll' doesn't really match my wings." Rarity said to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash began to shake and shiver in fear. Warrior sighed because he began to think that his pep talk didn’t help her at all. Classical music began to play as Rarity went to the center and she began to perform an interpretive dance. Rainbow Dash looked at Warrior and they both nodded to each other.

She gulped and knocked on herself a few times to refocus herself. "C'mon, Rainbow Dash. You can do this. Just remember the routine. Phase one." She began to fly around column shaped clouds that were set up like an obstacle course, in order to build up speed. The group cheered for her.

"You can do this!" Warrior cheered. Twilight looked at him and giggled.

"What?" Warrior asked her.

"Nothing, your just finally getting into the spirit of things." Twilight smiled.

"I just wish for her success." Rainbow Dash accidentally bumped into one of the columns and she sent flying and screaming in the direction towards her friends and crashed into the stage. Unfortunately the three same stallions that were heckling her earlier were sitting in the seats below her friends.

"Nice work, Rainbow Crash!" The lead stallion mocked and the others joined in on the laughter. Rainbow Dash quickly regained herself and shook off their mocking. Half the team glared at the stallions, while the others gave concerned looks to Rainbow Dash. Rarity performed twirls and continued her dance.

"Time for phase two." Rainbow Dash said in a serious tone. She speed off into the sky and began circling clouds very quickly and caused them to spin.

"Look! Phase two is working." Fluttershy said happily. The team cheered for Rainbow Dash. She was building up speed as she circled the clouds but a tuft of cloud separated from the one she was circling and smacked her in the face, causing her to lose balance and sent her flying while the cloud was sent spinning towards Princess Celestia. She gasped and ducked and the cloud touched the columns standing right next to her guards and disappeared. Rainbow Dash began to shake and sweat nervously as she noticed that Rarity was still dancing gracefully.

"And now for my grand finale." Rarity cooed. "I will fly right up to the sun and beam my beautiful wings over the whole city of Cloudsdale!" She squealed in delight. "They'll be talking about it for years!" She rose up towards the sun as Rainbow Dash began to feel extremely nervous.

"Looks like this is my last chance to turn things around. Phase three. The sonic (gulp) rainboom. Wings, don't fail me now!" She rose up and soared pass Rarity with great speed. Rarity began to sweat and pant the closer she got to the sun. When Rarity was in full view of the arena she levitated in front of the sun, and made her announcement.

"Look upon me, Equestria, for I... am... Rarity!" She spread out her wings and the rays of the sun peered through the wings and shined many beautiful colors down on the crowd. They all stared at her oohhhing and aaaahhhing. Unfortunately since she was so close to the sun, the magnification of the clear wings amplified the sun rays and incinerated the wings. "Uh Oh!" She shrieked as she started falling fast towards the ground.

"Oh no! Her wings evaporated into thin air!" Twilight shrieked. She fell through the clouds and started falling to the ground. The Wonderbolts left their seats and flew after Rarity. They got close enough o grab her but since she was acting hysterical and waving her hooves about, she accidentally kicked them all in the head knocking them out. Now the Wonderbolts needed to be saved as they started falling to the ground to! The group panicked at the sight of Rarity falling to her doom. Rainbow Dash noticed what was happening.

"Hold on, Rarity! I'm coming!" Rainbow Dash cried she turned around and soared down to catch them. She moved with her speed picking up rapidly.

"Oh, I can't look!" Fluttershy whimpered covering her face. A barrier of light colors was forming in front of Rainbow Dash and it got thinner as she sped downwards. The group noticed this and leaned in intently. She got into the barrier and broke it. The barrier spread out the Rainbow of colors as Rainbow Dash soared downwards with incredible speed and a bright rainbow fallowing her.

Warrior was shocked. "Is that…"

"A sonic rainboom!" Fluttershy cheered in a loud voice which shocked the others to hear her speaking so loud. "She did it! She did it! WOOO!" Rainbow Dash managed to move down quick enough and catch the falling ponies before they hit the ground. She turned around and moved back up to the arena in Cloudsdale. Rainbow Dash took notice of the Rainbow flowing behind her.

"Woah!" She said in amazement. She moved back to the arena leaving her rainbow trail gracefully above the arena, she dropped the ponies safely on the floor. The crowd erupted in cheers.

"A sonic rainboom! Wooo! YEAH!" Fluttershy continued to cheer.

"I did it. I did it!" Rainbow Dash said eyeing the cheering crowd.

"You sure did." Rarity sighed tearing up. "Oh thank you, Rainbow Dash. You saved my life!"

"Oh yeah. I did that too. Ha, best day EVER!"

Later the group placed Rarity in the hot air balloon basket. Without wings she couldn’t stand on clouds. She had to apologize for what she did. "I want to apologize to all of you for getting so carried away with my... beautiful wings. I guess I just lost my head. Warrior was right, I called for attention and it would have destroyed me."

"It's okay." Fluttershy smiled.

"Oh, don't worry about it, kiddo." Applejack laughed.

"We still love you." Pinkie Pie assured.

Rarity turned her attention to Rainbow Dash "I'm especially sorry that I was so thoughtless as to jump into the contest at the last minute after you had worked so hard to win it. Can you ever ever forgive me?"

"Aw, it's okay." Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Everything turned out alright, right? I just wish I could have met the Wonderbolts when they were awake." Rainbow Dash turned around when she felt a hoof tap her back. The hoof belonged to the leader of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire. She stood with the other members of the Wonderbolts. Rainbow Dash was shocked to be in the presence of her idols. "OhmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohMYGOSH!"

"So you're the little pony who saved our lives. We really wanted to meet you, and say thanks." Spitfire smiled.

Rainbow Dash was still shocked. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" That’s all she could say. Spitfire looked over at Warrior and smiled.

"Nice to see you again!" She said to him.

"You as well." Warrior nodded.

"You know Spitfire to?" Twilight asked stunned to see her friend knowing a big celebrity.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" Rainbow Dash said looking at both Spitfire and Warrior.

"How could I forget? This man saved me from the dungeon when the Emperor took over!" Spitfire laughed. A trumpet played and Princess Celestia approached the group.

"Princess." Twilight said happy to see her.

She smiled at her student. "Hello, Twilight Sparkle, and hello to your friends too."

"Princess Celestia, I am sorry I ruined the competition." Rarity sighed. "Rainbow Dash here really is the best flyer in Equestria." Rainbow Dash scratched the back of her right front leg and blushed.

"I know she is, my dear." Celestia smiled. "That's why, for her incredible act of bravery and her spectacular sonic rainboom, I'm presenting the grand prize for best young flyer to this year's winner, Miss Rainbow Dash!" She placed a gold tiara with gold wings on the side and a gold lightning bolt on the front, on Rainbow Dash’s head.

The crowd continued to roar for Rainbow Dash as her friends lifted her up and carried her around. "Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh!"

Princess Celestia approached Twilight. "So Twilight Sparkle, did you learn anything about friendship from this experience?"

"I did Princess, but I think Rarity learned even more than me." Warrior leaned inwards to hear what Rarity had to say.

"I certainly did. I learned how important it is to keep your hooves on the ground, and be there for your friends."

"Excellent. Well done, Rarity." Celestia smiled.

The others returned and placed Rainbow Dash on the ground. "This really is the best day EVER!" She cheered.

The three stallions who were mocking Rainbow Dash earlier approached her nervously. It seemed that they finally respected her. "Uhh, hey, Rainbow Crash." The lead one spoke.

"Dash!" The second one said bumping his side with his hoof.

"Oh! Uhh... Sorry." Rainbow Dash. "Uhh, we just wanted to congratulate you on winning the competition."

"That sonic rainboom was awesome!"

"Heh, thanks, guys." Rainbow Dash giggled.

"Uhh, we're really sorry we gave you such a hard time before."

"Aww, that's okay." Rainbow Dash smiled. "Don't worry about it."

"Hey. Do you want to hang out with us? Maybe you could show us how you did that incredible trick!"

"Sorry, boys..." Rainbow Dash shrugged them off. She flew up and joined the Wonderbolts. "But I've got plans!" She left to enjoy her whole day with them.


Back down In Hell Trixie just had five manikins all jump at her and surprised her. She acted quickly and formed another barrier that obliterated them as soon as they touched it.

"You really are coming along with your powers. I must say, Equestrian, I am impressed." Gabranth commented. "I see you have no hesitation."

"Well I am the great and powerful Trixie! Soon I shall become one with gods!"

"You would fight the gods again…The world you left must hold much meaning to you."

"Of course! Before I was humiliated. I was the eye of all ponies. I performed tricks and feats of likes you’ve never seen! Once I beat Twilight Sparkle and Warrior of Light. I will be worshiped just like before."

"So you fight to seek the worship of thousands." Gabranth said. "Hmph, I understand you clearly now."

"What does that mean?" Gabranth took his duel bladed weapon out and turned away from Trixie.

"I am the Judge Magister. You have done well to show your powers against foes here. There is one last trial you must overcome." He removed his helmet revealing his short blonde hair, green eyes, and battle scarred face.

"Which is?"

"As Hell’s watchdog, I shall judge whether or not your life is worth living!" He separated the two blades and gave Trixie a threatening look. Trixie understood that the last trial was a duel with the Judge.


Back in Ponyville at the Library the Mane Six relaxed after the Best Flyer Competition and gathered around the table to hear another Cosmos Report. Twilight took out the second report and read it aloud.

We were a happy couple. We studied many fascinating things together.
Not soon after our marriage, we always looked to the stars and wondered what it would be like to touch or be amongst them. That became another experiment for us.

We used the power of stones that could make things float with the clouds, and the mysterious Rift that connects all worlds together. They helped us reach an age where man could travel to other worlds and other dimensions.
Our first experiment was a complete enigma. We knew the device would work but we didn’t know where we would end up. A Star? An Asteroid? Maybe another planet? Or maybe a mirrored universe of our own?

When we came to, we did find another world. We were skeptical at what we found there, because as it turned out this strange world was populated by equines. We met with the locals and found out the world was dubbed, Equestria.

"What!?" Fluttershy said surprised. "Does this mean…."

"I’m afraid so." Twilight said. "Warrior was not the first human to appear in Equestria."

"These reports speak of two people. Who could they be?" Rarity questioned. The group pondered the possibilities.