• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 987 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 987

What was in That Cake?

I sat still, with Diamond Shine next to me as I tried to keep my attention on the serious conversation ahead of me. I listened as attentively as I could, before my mind wondered and I started looking around the room at the ceiling and at the pretty paintings on the walls as we sat around a big round table, with Princess Celectia and Princess Luna, and Diamond Shine was shaking as their voices escalated, making me tune back in to the talk with a bit of surprise and confusion.

"I implore you sister, you cannot keep the child locked up! They clearly have no idea what's happening!" Luna was frantically darting her eyes back and forth as she stamped her foot into the floor, with her ears laid back.

"Do not tell me what I can and can't do sister, you are clearly to attached to the being to be rational with this decision!" Celestia's ears were laid flat with her ears narrowed. She had removed her crown for the conversation, rubbing her temples with a pressurized magic.

"Sister, were We not there to help you STOP the Dragon Lord over five millennia ago?! Were We not there when We suggested that we banish his soul to the world of the Magicless?!" Luna cried out, ruffling her wings with distress.

Celectia was silent as she looked at the floor, looking at her hooves in contemplation, looking a tad guilty when she mentioned it.

"How were We to know that that he would infest the body of a child?! How were We to know that he would lead him to the Dragon Stone?! This is not right! We should not punish the vessel for the actions of the parasite in his heart!" She had tears in her eyes when she spoke, her ears tilted down when she spoke. "Maybe We can keep him from taking the same path I walked upon... Keep him from giving in to the darkness of the prophecy." Her head dropped low and her eyes were half lidded, making her look like the exact depiction of sadness.

"Sister..." Celectia slowly leaned forwards and knelt down to nuzzle her forehead and choke on her own sob. I brought my arms back behind my back, watching the goddesses have their moment with little more than a small bow of my head to show respect. She sighed. "He shall stay."

Luna squealed happily and jumped up and down for a moment, freezing in mid air after a moment and landing with a small flush upon her face, clearing her throat. "This is the most joyous of announcements." She tried to recover, but never did. Celectia stared with a look of amusement at her and smiled.

"I suppose we shall have to compose a personal chamber for the little one in question, do we not? Why don't you build his room, and I shall keep him occupied for the time being." She smiled at Luna and me, ignoring Diamond Shine. She was smiling when I shifted in discomfort, looking at her again. Luna was becoming more and more excited, looking happy that she got to build my room, jumping up and down with glee. Celectia smiled and walked out with me and Diamond Shine being dragged behind her in her magical aura after telling Luna that everything was going to be OK, and to get everything she could think of for the bedroom. She was smiling in amusement as I looked at the ground and walked along side her with my hands tightly clenched behind my back. She knelt down and glanced around, making sure we were by ourselves. "Do you two like cake?"

After hours of cake testing from local bakeries and the royal chefs, the last thing I wanted to do was move in any direction other than sleep. I felt my stomach bulge a bit with my mouth covered in frosting. I took a napkin and slowly dipped it in some water, and wiped my face of the food coloring around my mouth. I could literally feel the cavities beginning to form, either that or it was the fact that on more than one occasion I crunched down on the metal of my fork a bit to hard. Celectia and Diamond Shine could handle the binge much better than I, having done it far more than once. But I felt weird. I jumped when Luna burst through the door, and was blinded by an intense flash of light.

I felt unhealthily nauseas as of this moment, and my heart ached when I started feeling the regret for existing. It was snuffed out when the voice in the back of my head growled in my mind, and I forced it back, locking it back down. The internal struggle for control continued for a moment until I felt myself become weightless. I was caught by complete surprise, and was completely discombobulated. Up was down, down was left, purple was green, everything was out of whack.

I landed feeling intensely dizzy between the two alicorn princesses as they smiled at me. I became painfully aware of my discombobulation when I landed, covering my mouth when I felt my breakfast rise up from my stomach and almost into my throat. I blinked a bit when I noticed the scenery had changed and we were in what seemed to be a child's room, seeing it be rather large. You could fit Flutter Shy's whole house in here, roof to basement. There was a massive book shelf with the shelves FILLED from end of the shelf to end of shelf with neatly tucked away books to the left wall, with a desk and cushioned chair with a lamp on the desk in front of it against the wall, and to the right a large carpet with various toys strewn about the floor. The toy box was over flowing with hundreds of toys that were packed into the box and over flowing with toys and stuffed animals. I looked around the room in confusion, seeing a large, most likely king sized bed in the corner. I took a few steps forwards and sat on the floor stunned into a purely dazed silence.

"Do you like the room? It is meant to accommodate a more... Equine foal, but I'm sure you'll find it perfectly functional." Luna's voice was an echo in the back of my mind when I saw the sheer amount of wrapped presents in the corner, stacked up so high my eyes could barely trace it until it, somehow, stretched all the way from the top corner, to several presents stacking up on the ceiling, defying gravity. It reminded me of a stalagmite and a stalactite, meeting in the middle. I felt my stomach slowly churn. If I picked out one present, they would surely all come down in an avalanche.

"I may... Have over done it... A little." Luna's face flushed again, and her ears laid back. Celectia had an amused look and began levitating some into the closet, all from the ceiling. The closet was massive, and, if stacked neatly, they could fit in almost 95 percent of the presents with a little rom to hang clothes up on hangers. I caught one that had fallen, it was small and rather squishy. I opened it up, and it was a stuffed bunny that looked exactly like Angel Bunny. I held it with a happy gasp and smiled. I sat on the bed, setting it down. My stomach churned a little more and I leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed a trash can, emptying the last 8 hours contents into it. I felt my eyes bulge a bit as I threw up. There was a quick sound of alarm from Diamond Shine, who rushed over to feel my forehead and rub my back as I emptied the contents. Soon, I was groaning and closing my eyes, and I fell into blackness.

~~~~~~

There was a dim glow to the moonlit dream that I found myself in, looking around in confusion. I felt a heavy rythmatic rumble from a distance.

BOOM!

A few seconds pass.

BOOM!

A few seconds pass. Louder, and stronger this time.

BOOM...…. BOOM...…. BOOM... BOOM. BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOM!!

A massive shadow flew over my head and there was a loud roar and a blast of fire. There was a blast of magic from a darker shaded pony, with both a horn and wings. This registered as Luna. Celectia was there too, soaring around and burning holes in the wings of the giant gargantuan. I turned and started running, but stopping in my tracks when I saw the giant foot that had stomped down before me. Slowly, it lifted up and drifted over my head, and I ran again, ducking under the massive tail that seemed to swipe t me as I tried to run. I fell to the dirt and the giant claw of the giant slammed down next to me, and I ran for my life after the thing lifted and disappeared. I dove, running and dodging stray magic attacks as I did. I kept running and running and running... Until I only heard distant roars. Until I only saw the flashes of magic and two Equine forms. One larger, and one smaller. It was small, but big at the same time. I got the sense of being here before, like I had seen this before. They both lit their horns at the same time, and there was an explosion of light, and I felt myself get blasted back into a blackness, and then just nothing. Into a void. I heard a screaming roar of terror and sadness, that of a female. Of someone who had lost someone they loved dearly. Then I blacked out completely.