• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 986 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 986

Meeting the Moon

"You're going to send that message... To the moon??" I was looking at her with a look of skepticism. The look on her face, the look of bewilderment on her face alone, and the others were looking dumbfounded too. I looked a bit confused, making a face.

"I can't believe you didn't teach him about her." Twilight looked towards Flutter Shy and Midnight, and Midnight scoffed.

"In my defense, I didn't expect him to run away." She looked a bit miffed, huffing smoke from her nose. She moved her tail around me and I became less than thrilled at her slipping back into the idea that I was a little innocent hatchling that needed protection.

"Well, I don't know your culture like you do, considering I don't even know my real name." They all gasped as loud as they could, and this made me jump, backing away as fast as I could. They all looked absolutely horrified as I backed up. Flutter Shy had tears in her eyes as she looked upon me.

"You... You don't know your real name?!" Twilight was looking either livid or terrified or both. I could feel the eyes of all three of them burning into me as I backed away.

"N-no! L-look lets just- focus on the Luna thing!!" They seemed reluctant, but they changed the subject willingly. I sighed and looked at Twilight. "W-when will that message be gotten?" I shifted uncomfortably.

"It should already be there. Don't worry. I'm sure Luna is just busy for now." She was smiling a bit, looking at the sun. I suddenly regained the feeling of bliss I got the first day I was out of the forest.

"Can it.. Can the... Sun see us?" There was a scoffing sound from Twilight and she looked at me.

"Of course Celectia can't! Unless... Unless she chose to... Hm." She sat down and looked skeptical, but thoughtful. I glanced away from Twilight to Angel, who wanted me to get him a carrot. I wondered off to the kitchen and opened the cupboard for him, taking out a carrot and breaking it in half so I could have some. I took the smaller half so he wouldn't be angry, and munched it absently along with Angel. He had warmed up a lot to me since the first day I was living here.

"What's up Angel. Should I believe them about Luna?" He nodded and ate a bit more of his carrot, and I smiled a bit. "But if she really controls the moon... And Celectia controls the sun??" There was a quick nod from the bunny as he jumped onto my head. I rubbed his ear and he thumped his paw a bit on my head, telling me he enjoyed the sensation. I continued eating the carrot as I thought to myself. I thought about the voice in the back of my head. I thought to the voice in the back of my head.

I know your plan you jerk. I'm not going to fulfill it. Not in a million years. You can't make me, you or your wife.

It didn't like that thought. It didn't like that thought at all. The gem sparked, making me jump.

You will NOT disrespect me child. You exist to fulfill this prophecy. You are ME. You are MY PROPERTY. You can try and resist. You can crawl to those two pathetic little princesses and you can beg for them to help you... But one way or another YOU WILL BE MINE.

It went silent as it fumed in the back of my mind. Angel looked shocked as he looked at me from the top of my head, I panicked and jumped up, stumbling out of the kitchen, holding Angel in my hands now. The three of them were talking and I was crying now, fumbling for words.

"Voice- scary- threatened- stone- talk to princesses NOW!"I was sobbing now, fallen to my knees as I felt the voice in the back of my head become annoyed. Twilight was completely bewildered by my reaction to the awful encounter. She lit up her horn and there was a flash of light. She had taken my request and made it reality, apparently. I was in the middle of a huge throne room, on a red carpet, in front of a large crowd.

"Princess I'm sorry, but this emergency takes absolute over all other priorities!" She shouted over the shrieking crowd, and guards began to surround us. They escorted me and Twilight out of the room, and a commanding voice shouted out as we entered a bedroom off the larger room behind us. I hid under the covers, with little objection from Twilight or Midnight.

"The royal court shall be dismissed for the evening due to an emergency!!" There was a heavy set of intense running hooves, echoing as the room was being emptied of the ponies outside. There was slight resistance from the crowd it seemed, but it was negated quickly when they were forced out the door. There was silence until the door flew open.

"Twilight, what kind of emergency requires you to interrupt my court like so?!" I heard the voice yell as I let out a choked sob. She silenced herself, and any attempt to speak after that. I let out another quiet sob, trying to stay silent. The voice in the back of my head was fearful now. "Who... Who is this? It's alright my little-" She levitated the blanket off, and I curled up, covering my eyes and shielding my face. "Oh dear..."

Twilight was worried- a bit of an understatement because I could feel the stress emanating from her. I felt myself become weightless for a moment as I was sat up in a sitting position, and placed back down. I opened my eyes and saw the puzzled look of a tall deep blue alicorn. She looked me over, a look of worry on her face. She trailed her eyes down my chest and stopped on the stone. Her eyes seemed to narrow.

"Princess, I know what you're thinking, but please let me explain this. He isn't the dragon lord, but he holds the dragon lord in captivity in his mind. He can't escape without the fulfillment of the prophecy of Dracon." Midnight bowed as she spoke, trying to look submissive and non threatening. It worked for a bit, before she stood back up. Luna's eyes softened and she smiled at me.

"You did very well Twilight. You may have scared my court, but it was well worth the interruption. I'm sorry I yelled." She smiled and looked ack at me, nuzzling my forehead. "There's no need to fear. We can all rest, then talk more in the morning, does that sound good little one?" I sniffled nd nodded, holding my forehead where she nudged. I felt coolness, and the voice in my head was blocked. I was alone for once, in my own mind. I became sleepy instantaneously, and laid down, and slept.