• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 985 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 985

Hard Truth

I watched as there was a moment of hesitation in the actions in the guard that opened the door. He nodded his head, nodding me out of the room and into the hall following the Pegasus and the little filly. I handed her the stuffed animal she had thrown me, but she shook her head and smiled happily. She looked at me like I was a scared puppy being rescued from the pound. Which was... Accurate. I felt fearful of those around me at the moment.

"What are you? Where am I? And... And why does everyone seem to hate me?" The guard flinched a bit and looked away, not bothering to respond. He looked at the ground, and the little filly seemed to find his voice for him.

"We're ponies, and you're in Ponyville. Ponies here don't really like new things. You should have seen everypony when we all met Zecora!" She giggled and smiled, and the yellow Pegasus blushed and looked at the ground, covering her eye with her light pink bangs. I looked at the little filly and gave a questioning look.

"Who's Zecora?" She giggled and looked at me with a smile as I held the stuffed animal. There was real curiosity in my mind. She seemed to pick up on my thoughts and fluttered her little wings.

"She's a zebra that lives in the Everfree! That's why everypony was freaked out. Flutter Shy and her friends- other than Princess Twilight at least - thought she was evil. Twilight didn't though. I'm not sure why she's being so mean to you without even getting to know you first. I wonder if she senses something that we can't? Are you evil? Are you a spy for the dragons?! Huh?! Or Chrysalis?!" The little filly jumped in front of me, and into a defensive stance. I had to hold back a laugh when I saw her do this.

"Noho- no. I'm not a... A "spy"? No I'm not a spy." I took a few steps after Flutter Shy, I assumed that was her name from the little filly, started walking forwards. "I'm not even sure what I am myself. All I know is I'm a boy, and that I came from the Dragon lands." The little filly gasped and looked at me, her little wings flaring out. I chuckled at her reaction to my statement.

"Wh... What? From the dragon lands?!" She flew up until she was eye level with me, smiling brightly. "What was it like there?! Was it hot?! Did you see the Dragon Lordess?!" She was spouting questions in higher and higher pitched voices until her voice sounded like nothing but an excited squeal. I gently pat her head and looked at her, smiling and motioning for her to calm down. She noticed my smile and smiled too, calming down and suddenly landing on my back, causing me to squeak and lean over so she didn't fall.

"It was hard being treated like a hatchling literally everyday, yes it was hot but somehow my blanket has a magic spell cast on it so that I don't ever get to hot or to cold, and yes I met the Lordess. It was scary too." She gasped in my ear and held on tightly around my neck, smiling.

"What's your name? Do I bet it's something cool like Draco!" She giggled loudly and looked at me with a smile on her face, leaning over my head with her hooves holding onto the sides of my head.

"No no, it's not Draco! It's Savra! I... I think. I don't know much about myself. Oh! But I DO know that the moon led me here! That probably doesn't matter to you though. Um... Well what's YOUR name?" I smiled up at her and giggled at her, and she giggled back.

"My name is Vocal Wind! I like to talk, and the Mayor said I'm great at helping with writing speeches! Something about my "charismare natural" or something." She giggled and I laughed, looking ahead at the ground, following Flutter Shy as I walked. She looked back at me and smiled with a look of fear on her face.

She took a breath and opened the door to the outer castle, trotting out with me close behind. She trotted over to a strange round table and smiled at the empty seats. It dawned on me that she hadn't really spoken a lot. That's probably why her name is Flutter Shy. I looked at her and looked up, seeing a beautiful chandelier with many, many colorful crystals.

She looked at me and I saw, a look of pity in her eyes. I heard the clippity clop of hooves and panicked, hiding behind a chair. The door opened and in walked someone, the purple Unicorn Pegasus hybrid. I saw Flutter Shy puff herself up and take a breath.

"T-Twilight-" She was cut off by the hybrid, who I could now conclude was Twilight

"Ah! Flutter Shy, just the pony I was looking for! I wanted you to see if you could talk to the monster and see what it wants so that we can release it back into the Everfree where it belongs!" I could hear the smile in her voice. I could hear the venom in her voice when she said the monster. She trotted over and looked at Flutter Shy, smiling. She couldn't see me? I was in almost plain sight!

"T-Twilight, I think you should-" She was cut off again, by Twilight.

"Of course it might be hard to talk to it with all of it's yelling and screaming." She put her hoof on her chin like she was thinking. Flutter Shy began to flush a bit in frustration.

"Twilight I-"

"It's hard to know what it will do you know!" She began to pace and smile.

"Twilight I'm taking the monster back to my cottage with me!!!

This made Twilight do a double take as she laid her ears back in silence. She looked Flutter Shy like she was crazy.

"Y... You're wh... What?" She was looking at her and crouching down like she was a sad puppy who had just been yelled at. She clearly didn't expect this side from Flutter Shy.

"You heard me! I am taking Savra, that's his name. Not "The Monster" or "It"." She looked at the mare on the ground and stood tall and proud. She looked at me and flicked her tail, telling me to come out from behind the chair, and when I did, she trotted off with me in tow after biting the sleeve of my shirt and walking.