• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 980 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 980

Blue Blood Runs Red

I was sitting and smiling as I ate soup, veggie soup to be precise. I was sitting at the table with a look of relative excitement. I smiled and looked at Diamond Shine, who was standing to the side with a little smile as she ate her own salad. I drank my soup, then used a spoon to scoop up all of the vegetables that were floating in the soup. Luna's wings fluttered as I smiled and ate, staring in contentment. She was almost as happy as I was. I felt my hands become engulfed in a strange tingling, and I looked, seeing Luna's horn lit up to put a spoon in my hand after wiping away some of the broth that had gotten on my hand. Midnight and Twilight were gone, sleeping likely.

The door swung open and I jumped, startled as I looked over. There stood a tall white unicorn. He was elegant and mighty looking, trotting with his head up and his focus straight forwards. His mane was a strange blond color, and he walked with a prance. He reminded me of a knight from the fairytales… What fairytales, I don't know. He trotted past the princesses and smiled at Celectia, and then he turned and took his seat, but froze when he saw Diamond Shine sitting across from him, silently eating her food.

For a few minutes it was happy, eating silently as I was oblivious to the tension building up in the room as he stared at Diamond Shine. I thought he seemed to be almost as fascinated with her fur as I always was, but I was wrong.

"What is a mere peasant doing at the royal table, and not the servants meal table?" He snarled as he glared. "Why does she get to even have the privilege of contact with the royal food?!" She flinched away a little and her ears laid back, and she backed up a few inches. Angrily, I stood up and slid my chair closer to hers, offering comfort. Before Celectia or Luna could say anything, I spoke up.

"What gives you the right to speak to her that way? What makes you any better than her? A stupid title? A trot? A horn? What makes you SOOOO much better than her because she's ma servant? You know, I bet, if she and every one of the ponies that work for you were to quit, your entire castle would fall apart in mere hours. You'd have to do everything yourself. Clean, cook, serve your own food." I sat on my knees in the chair and glared a little, placing my hands on the table and staring. "Your status doesn't matter if you don't respect others, and earn it. Leave my friend alone, and be quiet so there won't be any problems." I felt my face flush with rage, but then slowly go back to normal." He- and every other pony in the room and in the hall -were staring at me in complete shock, frozen in their tasks. The pony who was pouring Celestia's tea was letting the tea overflow from the cup, and spill onto the table. I shrank a little under the attention and silently went back to eating my food. This went on for a moment, before Blue Blood looked at me and blinked, growling a bit.

"I will not be talked down to by some hairless ape!" He stood up from his chair and walked around the table, using his magic to grapple around my form. He slammed me to the ground from the chair, and I stood up, standing as tall as I could to show no fear. "What are you even doing here?! I thought monsters weren't allowed in the castle." He kicked me, forcing me back onto my back, and I stood back up, standing tall again. "What gives you the right to stand up in my presence? What gave you rights in the first place?!" He snorted and kicked me back over, putting his hoof on my chest to keep me pinned.

"What gave you the right to be born higher than anyone else?" This response seemed to stun him as he looked down at me. His face flushed with anger, and he put pressure on my chest, making it hard to breath. But I still was able to simply because I didn't have to be standing to stand up to someone.

"I am ROYALTY that's what!!" He stamped his other hoof and I struggled to let out a laugh at his stupidity.

"You may be royalty, but the only thing keeping ponies listening to you is the fact that they respect you. I don't respect you. So you're not my royalty." This earned a gasp of surprise from around the room, servants and Diamond Shine, who was covering her muzzle in surprise. His ears laid back as he glared around.

"These ponies respect me, all of them! Or else they would be in the dungeon!" He stepped back and I sat up, raising an eyebrow. His pride had been hurt, and now I had the chance to absolutely destroy him. But gently.

"They don't respect you. They fear you." There was a small sound of shock again, but quieter than before. Why hadn't Celectia stepped in against either of us yet? Why hadn't she defended her- rueful as the fact may be -blood relative against me yet?

"What's the difference?!" He seemed genuinely confused by the thought of a difference between fear and respect. He stared at me and his face scrunched into anger.

"Fear is threatening to throw someone in the dungeon for not agreeing with you. Respect is them taking great time to get the request finished perfectly, even if it is only somewhat talked about in a passing moment." I glared at him and sighed as I spoke, struggling to move his hoof. I realized something- that this was out of character for me. He allowed me to sit back up and I grunted, staring up at him with no emotion other than pity.

"How do you know any of this?!" I felt my mind race with answers, and I stared at him, silently, trying to hide my easy distaste for him. "It doesn't matter. You won't have to worry about that for long." He suddenly lost interest and grunted, lighting his horn and suddenly, my oxygen supply became extremely limited. I let out a choked gasp and held my throat, closing my eyes. Luna stepped up and opened her mouth, and Celectia stopped her, slowly shaking her head as she whispered to her, and her eyes went wide as she nodded a little, a look of worry not leaving her eyes.

"B-Blue B-Blood... s-stop..." I heard a little, trembling voice speak up. It was a little familiar, but hard to place. This seemed to confuse him as his ears and eyes flicked in opposite directions. A shadow suddenly stood over my head as he did, and he looked up, and into the face of the cause of it. His eyes got wide.

"You dare tell me what to do?! A mere peasant?!" He snorted and his magic weakened and I breathed easier. "How fitting, a monster and its handler."

"S-stop calling me that, and let him go!" The voice was a bit stricter as she stood up tall, and my thoughts registered. It was... It was Diamond Shine!

"Or what?" He stared directly into his eyes and got mere inches from her face. She took a breath and kissed him, making the room ice over with shock. He fell backwards and his magic went haywire, going insane and shooting off sparks everywhere.

"Ew... Sometimes I hate being a pacifist… But if it saves my friend I'm happy with sacrificing my comfort." I jumped up and hugged her as tightly as I possibly could as I teared up.

"Don't you ever sacrifice your comfort for me, you understand?" I almost teared up. Until I saw Twilight staring with happiness and an ear to ear grin of excitement on her face, staring directly at me.

Suddenly, all I could hear was a high pitched hiss of screaming joy that rang like a dog whistle, and I had to cover my ears as it cracked my cup.

"THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!"

Yes, sure, it is, just be QUIET!!!!