• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 986 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 986

Not My Own

These thoughts were strangers to me. This voice was not mine. This body was not mine anymore. I could not feel my hands. I could not move my feet or twitch my cheeks into a smile. Have you ever had sleep paralysis? That's what it was except... Weirder. You could see, feel speak, and move, but it wasn't you moving on your own will. You could not try to struggle for dominance, you were only restrained to a single place, sitting in a darkness watching your own movements and actions. I was ready to cry, but I could not. Helpless.

"This body is small and limiting. It's other sentience is... Weak.. Young, a mere hatchling." My voice had deepened to match the likes of a grown gravely voiced man, and it hurt my precious vocal cords. I couldn't believe this was happening. And he's calling me weak for being young- whoever this jerk is! I began to struggle to free my own mental restraints. I wouldn't be called weak for being young, not when I'm able to walk and move and breathe. I won't. I won't be helpless to a foreign invader to my own thoughts! This is ridiculous enough!

"I love to know that you have not aged a single day since I have been gone, my love." She leaned down to the level of our face, and I felt the cheeks of the face of my body twitch upwards to a smile. I did not agree to this action. I felt a sudden strong connection, to the bipedal dragoness before me. These emotions were not mine, but I still yearned to be closer to her. To have her in my hold. I could not stand this feeling... I was nine, yet I still felt this? Why so strong?

"It's quite different from my angle darling. You look younger than a hatchling. It's strange to think that my dear Dragon Lord is in there... With a childs mind, stramded in a childs body." Her tail slowly began to coil my waist, but this I could only tell by visuall movement and indication alone. I could not think, and nor could I breathe properly. I chose to try to count my breaths in boredom so that I may be positive he was, in fact breathing. I hoped i was, because I would surely fall dead faster than you would think.

Her nose touched my smaller one. Her scaley forehead seemed to touch mine, but this slightly failed, as i did not feel it. But now, I smiled with the body, feeling the yearning melt into a pleasant happiness. I felt the amusement of the elder mind, and this annoyed me. I tried to block out the emotions that followed. How am I going to explain this to Midnight? How was I going to explain ANYTHING about this to ANYONE? The fog slowly tried to stalk back in, but i fought it off. I tried to keep it at bay. Successful.

"The child is struggling for dominance of our vessel. I am sad to see you go, my young beautiful love." He blew her a kiss, and slowly, my paralysis lifted, and I could move. I could twitch and I could feel. I could be me. Im sad and angry at myself for breaking such a loving moment, but the dragon lordess did not seem to mind. I was glad she didn't mind my earasure of the second. I just wanted to move again. I was frightened of speaking for a long time, afraid it would hurt my throat to speak.

"Well little one, it seems you may have some questions that need answers?" Her voice was soft and cooling. Her claw gently touched my cheek, and she was as small as me now to look me straight in the eyes. She smiled, and her very gaze sent a chilling calm into my soul. It became easy to feel, easy to think. But still, I was completely frozen solid. I wanted answers. But... Do I? How could i possibly want the answers quite yet? I feel that I would have to make a big decision I may not be ready for.

"L-let me have some time... Time to think. Time to explore my thoughts, to find certain things out for myself." A look of confusion had naturally made its way onto my face. I looked at the floor and gave a slightly stressed sigh. My memories were getting stranger, mixing with memories of me in a war, and others of me in a bed at home having a strange blurry faced woman read me a story. I felt connected to that woman, kind of the same way I felt connected to the dragoness before me, but it was more... Platonic yearning.

I didn't know what was going to happen in my time of searching. But I knew I was going to have a bit of fun along the way. The mind sat behind me, almost back seat driving as I drove my own body. I tiredly walked over to Midnight, holding the blanket around my shoulders tighter. My body was becoming heavy, and my eyelids were becoming even heavier. My mind drew a blank whenever I tried to remember the visions I had of the women with the blurry face. I tried to bring forth the fake combined memories. No luck.

I could not think properly, but I still stood tall and wide. The exhaustion was beginning to win out. I went and stumbled off to Midnight. I didn't want to admit I was to tired to hold a conversation. I didn't want to admit I was sleepy. I didn't want to admit that I had been bested by a voice in my head. I didn't want to admit that my heart only sagged at the thoughts I was having. I was scares, but I didn't want to admit anything. I didn't want to cry. I felt totally numb to everything.

These feelings...

These feelings were not my own.