• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 980 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 980

Visit from an Old Friend

I was sitting and petting Angel, having come to a truce. He would stop trying to get me in trouble in exchange for sneaking him a carrot every now and then, and I would get to pet him if I was stressed or scared. That seemed to work out fine anyways, because he liked being bet, no matter how bratty and tough he tried to be. After all, he was a bunny.

I currently, the reason I was petting Angel, was because I had gotten news of a dragoness coming to visit Ponyville. The voice in the back of my head started to show up more prominently, telling me it might be for the best that I go back with the ambassador. I refused to listen, instead thinking about what kind of foods I could remember. Cake, Carrots, Turnips, and... Steak. My stomach churned as I thought of eating meat. What would they think of me? If I ate meat then well, I would be a real monster. Why do I remember food? That didn't matter much. I pulled out my blue gemstone and began to suck the blueberry taste from it. It was the best thing I had tasted for a long time.

Flutter Shy trotted in smiling with her saddle bag full of... Party supplies? Maybe she was going to have a tea party with Discord again. He was... Fun. I'm not going to lie he was my favorite guy ever. He knew how to make anything fun. He turned everything from boring to fun in an instant. But that doesn't much matter for now.

"Flutter Shy, do you need help? D-do you know what the dragons name it??" Flutter Shy smiled happily as I approached her, nervously.

"Her name is Midnight!" My heart turned to stone, and my blood ran cold as I stared at her in disbelief.

"M... M-Midnight..." I looked at her and I could tell I looked a bit pale, because I felt the color drain from my face. She looked at me concerned. "Her name is Midnight... And... And why do you have tea party supplies?" I held my breath for the answer.

"She's coming here for part of her visit to discuss something about how to treat animals on the Dragon Isle!" She put a hoof to my forehead, seeing how frightened I was of her answer. I was white with fright. Quickly, I turned and sat down on the ground. The voice in my head was cheering.

"Promise me Flutter Shy, you won't let her take me. Promise me you won't let her try to take me!" I was panicking and getting even more pale with every second. She had her ears pressed back against her head and distraught with the way I was acting.

"Y-yes, I promise, I won't let her take you... Btu why would she?" She backed into the kitchen and looked concerned as I followed and started to help her make the cucumber sandwiches.

"Because I originally ran away from there and she'll take me back. I don't want to go back, because there was so much lava and it was so... So hot. There were dogs there that were forced to mine stones like this one on my necklace- and the only way I survived was with the blanket right the re where I sleep!" I felt my heart beat up in my throat, coming up and disabling my speech. I could tell she wanted to ask questions, but I refused to answer, but not for lack of a good reason. I couldn't speak, and I couldn't hear her. She'd likely be arriving tomorrow for tea, and I would have to have a plan. Flutter Shy would want me to talk to her, as to not be rude. I would have to in order not to be rude too.

So I would stay near Flutter Shy until Midnight had to leave. I would have no part in that prophecy, because according to that dream I keep getting with the blinding lights, the prophecy was bad. I was shaking slightly. And the dream with Luna? The moon being the exact center of attention, and a humming song? That was freaky. I don't understand, but I was always safe with her. I was safe when I dreamt that way. I looked at the sky and saw the sun, and it made me feel safe too. Like I was protected as long as I was here. It was peaceful and a good feeling to get. But it was not enough. It wasn't enough to cover the fear of being dragged back.

A few hours late, it was now night time, and I was sleeping quietly under my blanket with a small sofa cushion as a pillow and stuffed animal. I held my eyes closed so I wouldn't be scared of the lack of light. There was a slight feeling of being watched. I felt something. Something strange. I heard a scratching, a scratching of claws, and I sat up, ready to use my staff to beat something, whatever it was. I heard it again, and in the moonlight, I saw something slink past the window. I picked up my staff and ran up the stairs, whimpering as I sleepily dragged my backpack and blanket behind me, and ducked into the bathroom, where there was a candle burning so I would have light. Angel hopped in and tilted his head when he saw me shaking in the bathtub holding my staff and backpack close, hiding under my blanket. I could tell he was wondering what I was scared of.

"I-I heard scratching outside the door and then something ran by the window!!" I was fearful, and it was in my voice. He rolled his eyes and hopped closer, hopping up into my lap, and he fell asleep with me petting him. I however, didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night. I sat, petting Angel until I could see the sun rising. I heard Flutter Shy trotting to the bathroom, calling my name. I blinked tiredly and called out. "In here, Flutter Shy..." She heard me and trotted in, looking surprised by my tired demeanor and the fact that I was sitting there, petting Angel.

"Oh gosh, are you alright??" She looked frightened and concerned, reaching out to help me up as I gently held Angel up from falling. He didn't wake, just twitched a bit. Flutter Shy let out a small sigh and looked me over. My clothes were a bit filthy, and she could smell them.

"I'll take you to Rarity to see what she can do, grab your blanket." She smiled and I did, pulling it around my shoulders. I was tired. I looked in the mirror and what stared back was a tired face of a boy. Bags under my eyes, and a general tired look. I slowly walked up and followed Flutter Shy, but she opened her wing to stop me. She knelt down and motioned me to climb on, and I did. I couldn't argue much, because I was just to tired. I laid my head on her back and she stood up, trotting down the stairs to take me to lord knows where.

We passed a few miles of valley tall grass, and quickly walked into the town. This made me tense up a bit, but I looked around tiredly and kept my head down on her back. I could see lots and lots of ponies staring at me in fear and in confusion. I was to tired to move. I stayed still and watched the colors melt together, leaving nothing but my eyes to tiredly gaze around. I aid nothing, and I did nothing, but that seemed to set ponies into unease. I felt the cool air his my face when Flutter Shy entered a room that was covered in bedazzled beauty.

"Flutters! So good to see you! it's been quite some time, hasn't it?" I climbed off her back and sat down on the ground, holding my blanket. I was to tired to really converse so I stayed silent.

"It's only been four days Rarity, you must be thinking of Apple Jack." She smiled and giggled, along with Rarity, who chuckled. She was a snow white unicorn with a purple and beautifully curled mane. Her mark was three diamonds.

"What can I help you with darling, maybe some new shoes? A new hat perhaps?" She was smiling happily, seeming to ignore my presence. I felt Flutter Shy look at me as she spoke.

"I need you to make some new clothes for Savra." At the mention of my name I looked up, yawning, and looking at Rarity and her groggily. She smiled and I could feel the wariness pour from her.

A few minutes later, I didn't resist being lifted by magic and standing with my arms out. I didn't resist when I felt something wrap around various parts of my body, and I didn't resist when I felt it wrap around my neck for a moment, and when I looked at her, Rarity looked at me with a smile.

"Alright. I should have them done in an hour!" She smiled and trotted off, smiling as she walked up the stairs and the sound of machinery started up. I walked back over to Flutter Shy and stood next to her carefully. Rarity had taken my shoes to study how to make more. My feet made smacking sounds on the floor, and I flinched at the sensation.

"You want to go get something to eat?" I nodded excitedly, but tiredly as I moved onto her back. This time I didn't lay down, and she trotted rather quickly to a strange looking cookie house, and pushed the door open. She walked in and I glanced around, climbing down and landing on the hard floor. Flutter Shy had a conversation over something strange, like cookies mixed like jewels or something, and she trotted over with one of her saddle bags full, and a plate of 4 cupcakes ion her teeth. I searched for something to sit on, but nothing came up. I made a face and sighed, standing at a table as she set down the plate. She smiled and took one, and I took another. It tasted amazing, and I felt my eyes wide to the size of dinner plates. She chuckled at my look, and I waited for her to grab her second before I grabbed my second. My second was gone in a split second, with frosting smeared a bit across my cheek. I used a napkin to wipe it of, and I wiped my face clean.

After that, we headed back to the clothing place and I smiled as I was presented with open toed shoes and a bag of clothes. She levitated something up and spoke to Flutter Shy, and we headed back to the cottage to prepare for the tea party. She smiled and let me down to run and check out my new outfit, but when I opened the bag, inside was several outfits. There was a red shirt and a pair of shorts, and a silky set of pajamas. There was a suit, neatly folded up in the bag. I picked it up and took off my shirt, placing it in the laundry bag, and then pulled my new shirt on over it. I changed completely into my hew outfit and blinked the tiredness from my eyes. I changed into my shorts and T-shirt, finding them a better and more comfortable suit for the situation. I put my clothes away and smiled, running down the stairs to help set up the tea party.

Now, I was sitting next to Flutter Shy, talking about how good the cupcakes were earlier. How I was having fun, and how I was still tired from the earlier sleepless night. She held up a tag with my name engraved into it and an address below it.

"If you get lost, and I can't find you, take this to someone. They'll help you get back here." She was smiling as I smiled and hugged her. I took off my necklace with my flavored stone, and laced the string into the hole of the tag. I hugged her as tightly as I could, and she returned the favor with a nuzzle. Someone knocked on the door, and I tensed up.

Flutter Shy trotted over and smiled as she opened the door. In walked Midnight. She was smaller, presumably by magic. She and I locked eyes and she froze, and I stayed tense.

"Hi." I was quiet and frozen, and scared.

The tea party was going to be lovely, and fun. I knew it.