• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 986 Views, 4 Comments

Convicted Hearts: The Dragons Stone - SaphireHoyt



My breath was hastened as I collapsed to my hands and knees. I could no longer flee. My body ached and my heart throbbed in my chest. The searing heat around the volcano drove me to cough. I felt the beast of legends on my back. There was no escape.

  • ...
7
 4
 986

Fun and Games

There was no way to put this any easier. I was lost. I had no idea what my real name was, and I had no idea who I really REALLY was. There was no path through the endless grey abyss I was moving through, growling as I tried at ever turn to cut through and see. I grabbed at memories, but they would always fall away. I chased them in circles, up walls and down flights of mental stairwells, and seldom did I catch one. When I did, it would be clouded over and fuzzed, and this had began to anger me. I grabbed another one, and drop kicked it. It screeched, and I cried, falling to my knees and hitting my fist upon the ground.

"I want... I want my mama... I want to go home... I want to know! Please just tell me!" There was an echo, and an explosion of color in the mist before me. I was thrown backwards, but I recovered and ran inside the pocket that had been found. It stayed clear, and a single thing was written on the wall.

I'm trying. Don't give up.

The sound of crows screeched into my ears. I felt i was moving now, not of my own volintary movement. Time sped by and I was left there behind the darkness of my eyelids. There was loud shouting, and intense heat. But it was bearable somehow. I opened my eyes and looked around, blinking in surprise. I was on top of the horde of gold, sleeping. They were fighting over me, making it a game to protect me from prying eyes. The horde of gold was surrounded by sweltering lava pits. There was a cry out when they noticed me awake now, and they all climbed down, watching me with hawk eye precision. I sat up and blinked, realizing my blanket had been shielding me from the heat. I held it around me with a slight groan. I stood up and stumbled down the mound of gold and landed almost face first into a huge pit of lava, and the only reason I wasn't bacon right now, was because Midnight had used her tail to grab my foot. She pulled me back up to be next to her, looking extremely concerned.

"Why did I think this would be a good idea?" She was shaking her head, looking at me with a slightly concerned and regretted look. I looked around the crater, and saw little bipedal dragons with wings watching me with curious looks from outside the set boundary that was the safety of Midnight.

"What is it?" I looked to the left, seeing a short, blue and green dragon walking on two legs. She was creeping to close for comfort. Midnight, however, had not stopped her.

"He's a Savra." Midnight was preening the scales of her claws. They appeared to be red- from sand hopefully.

"It's... Squishy." She poked my arms, making me blink in surprise.

"Stop that!" This made all of the little hatchling dragons jump back looking frightened. They looked surprised. "Stop poking me!"

They all shrieked and scampered off behind stones, all except for the little one before me. She had sparkling eyes, and slowly a male dragon approached, a little older than Little Blue, as I will now all her.

"It's smart!" She cried out, smiling excitedly, sprinting around me and examining my body. I became dizzy and was left spinning in circles after she was finished. I groaned and fell backwards, chuckling at her. They backed away, and I poked at her. She poked back, and this continued until I was slap fighting with a dragon.

Midnight was talking with another dragon, so this went on until I growled. They both looked at me in shock.

"You're weird!" Little Blue giggled and backed away, running to grab a gem. She took a huge crunch, and then picked out a beautiful blue sapphire for me. She brought it over and I looked at her confusedly.

"Here, try this!" She was smiling, offering me a the hulking stone. I doubted that I should even try, but I felt it rude not to. It was as big as my head, with a small part ready to be bitted off.

I bit it.

Never have I regretted, but also not regretted a decision so much in my lift. My teeth chomped on hard stone, but it tasted sweet like candy. I couldn't bite it, but it was the sweetest and most delicious thing I had tasted since my arrival. It was sweeter than I had ever thought possible. I continued to try and knaw the sweet stone. I swear I almost chipped a tooth.

"You... You can't eat the stone? Aren't your teeth grown in yet??" She was looking at me curiously, tilting my head back so she could open my mouth and look at m fangs. She saw the small teeth, making me look at her gasp. Your teeth aren't built to eat gemstones?!"

I continued to knaw the stone, shrugging. She just gawked at me. She offered me a smaller version, and I took it, smiling. She looked even more shocked as I took the stone and sucked on it like a sucker.

"Are you... Are you sucking on it??" Midnight was slightly shocked, and I glanced at her giving a nod. Hopefully I could absorb its magic. Wait... How did I know it had magic?

"That's... I've never seen that before..." She was astonished, looking at me like I was some sort of toy in a toy store. What's a toy store? I groaned and rubbed my head, standing up and turning to go for a walk. I held the stone close to me, looking slightly deep in my own thoughts. I had a small army of little dragons curiously following me, making me giggle. I stopped and spun around, and they froze up, acting like statues. hey eventually would start to giggle.

I tagged one and ran, and everyone else did the same, laughing and playing. The older ones played king of the horde, and we played tag.

This was kinda how it always went.

Author's Note:

It's better than absolutely nothing, I'm sorry T-T