• Published 24th Feb 2018
  • 1,234 Views, 11 Comments

Tangled Hooves - Compromisations



Villain Ponies get a bit closer, covered up feelings begin to sparkle.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,234

Chapter 9

Starlight awoke to the sound of Trixie yelling.
“Are you serious! Why did you get in my bed!?”

Starlight fell backward, landing on the floor. She curled in fear, cowering before her friend.
Trixie stomped her hoof, knocking over a nearby lamp.

“Trixie?”

“How dare you! How dare you think that’s okay!”
“I’m sorry I didn’t know! I should’ve asked and I’m sorry!”
“You should be sorry! But sorry isn’t going to fix this!”
“Fix what? Please, Trixie, explain to me!”
Trixie shook her head wildly. Pointing a judgemental hoof at Starlight.
“You should know how embarrassing this is for me! I told you where the blankets were! Why couldn’t you just listen to me!?”

“I don’t understand!” Starlight backed into a corner of Trixie’s wagon.
“Don’t tell ANYBODY about this Starlight! NOBODY!”
“I won’t. I won’t! Please, please! Don’t be angry!”
“GET OUT STARLIGHT GLIMMER.”

Starlight ran out the door, tripping down the wagon’s stairs.

Starlight wiped the tears from her eyes as she looked back running far from the wagon.

Starlight had to run away from Ponyville. She couldn’t show her face to Trixie, to Twilight, to anypony ever again. She was a horrible student, a horrible friend. Starlight ran off the path into the Everfree forest, not even realizing the brambles caught in her tail. Starlight couldn’t see through her tears, or the dark. She lit her horn in a desperate attempt to light the neverending darkness of the Everfree forest. Every attempt ended in her horn fizzling. “What’s going on?! Why isn’t my magic working?!” Starlight shouted, wiping away another set of tears. “Why isn’t my magic working?” Starlight fell to the forest floor in exhaustion, covering her face with her hooves. “What did I do wrong? How can I ever fix this?”

A heavy light streamed in through the branches of the Everfree forest. Starlight could barely look up.
Cold howls rang out behind her. Timberwolves. An Ursa. Rebel changelings. She had no magic to defend herself. Starlight got up with her remaining strength, scanning the area for an open pathway. She darted toward a spot between the trees, squeezing her eyes shut and forcing herself in between the tiny space.
Starlight’s eyes flickered open, she was greeted with a soft light. Starlight stepped into the area beyond the trees, noticing a gentle breeze tossing her dulled mane about.

Starlight stood in an open field. It looked to be endless.
Starlight ran toward what she presumed to be the center. Maybe there she’d find a way out of this forest.
She ran quickly, her hooves made no sound against the thick grass. Starlight stopped immediately upon noticing a figure in the distance. “Hello? Is that you Trixie?”
She squinted, seeing a deep shade of blue. I’m so sorry Trix. I should’ve asked you and-. Can you ever forgive me?”

The didn’t turn around. As Starlight edged closer, she began to recognize the regal pony.
A long string tied around a wooden handle hung from her mouth. “Is that a kite?”
The figure turned around quickly, surprised by Starlight.
“Princess Luna…” Starlight bowed her head. A tidal of relief washed over Starlight.
“Forgive me Starlight. I should’ve come to your aid sooner.” Luna released the string, watching the kite fly into the air. “It has been a while since I had flown one of those. I must’ve gotten caught up in it, and-”
“Forgive me, Princess Luna. I’ll try my hardest not to dream of kites anymore!"
Luna smiled, respectively holding up her hoof to silence Starlight.
“Don’t worry. It was my fault and not yours.”

Starlight looked up tentatively, bowing to Luna again after.
“So this is just a dream?”
Luna smiled. She cleared away the field of fluff to reveal the spacial dream realm.
“Why. Why was that dream so horrible Luna? I was so scared… and”
Luna covered Starlight protectively with her wing, hoping to calm the terrified unicorn.
“The truth is I’m unsure what caused your nightmare. To be honest I came into your dream to ask for your aid.”

A hefty wingbeat filled Starlight's ears. Luna ascended to the sky, pulling a dream bubble toward Starlight.

“Trixie is having nightmares also. Troubling ones. I came to ask you about it.”

“You came to me?” Starlight’s eyes widened, honored by Luna’s confession.
“Of course. You are Trixie’s closest after all.” Luna’s voice echoed throughout the endless dimension.

Starlight blushed, trying to hide her nervousness. “What can I do to help?”
Luna shook her head. “You already have.”
“What do you mean?”
“After viewing Trixie’s dreams I see now you don’t trust yourself enough. Now it is time for that to change.”

“Your Highness, I don’t understand. How do I help Trixie? May I see her dream?”
“I don’t think that will be necessary. It would be unseemly for me to share the content of a dream without Trixie knowing.
Starlight nodded understandingly.
“How will I know how to help?”
“You mean a lot more to Trixie than you think.”
Starlight looked up at Luna, still uncertain of her actions.
“Can I wake up now?”
“That would be best.”

Author's Note:

:'D gotcha