• Published 24th Feb 2018
  • 1,211 Views, 11 Comments

Tangled Hooves - Compromisations



Villain Ponies get a bit closer, covered up feelings begin to sparkle.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,211

Chapter 3

Starlight searched her saddlebag, pulling out her purse. However, it was quickly swept up with a grip of blue magic.

"I, Trixie will have two of those jewel mane treatments! Make them EXTRA long! Extra hot, and use EXTRA jewels!”

Aloe was tending to the counter. She stared at Trixie with a face of confusion. "Sorry Mrs. If you are speaking of the new Crystal Empire treatment, it only really comes as a set. It's hard to, how you say... customize?"

Trixie emptied out Starlight’s purse onto the counter. Aloe counted carefully. Starlight shrunk behind Trixie in embarrassment.

“Uh. Miss Trixie. You are… missing two more bits. I-”

Trixie stuck up her hoof, silencing the frazzled register pony.

“Fear not! For the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRRRIXIIIE HAVE BITS TO SPARE!”

Starlight looked away, her embarrassment deepening as Trixie tugged off her hat. As her concentration peaked, she stuck out her tongue, vigorously shaking her hat until two bits clacked on the counter.

Trixie took a bow, half expecting applause.
“E-er, thank you, miss Trixie! But please, be a tad quieter."
Aloe flashed a wonky smile, sliding the conjured bits off the counter.

“No need to thank me for the free show!” Trixie struck a pose, in awe of her own trick.

“I’m only the BEST magician in all of Ponyville!”

“Keep it down!” A nearby voice called out to Trixie. Starlight spotted a pony eagerly shoving a filly out the door.

“That grey haired pony scares me." A couple of spa ponies were chattering amongst themselves. Starlight stood in front of Trixie in defensively.

“IT IS NOT GREY! IT IS SILVER! THE COLOR OF-”
Aloe banged her hooves against the counter, calling for Lotus to usher the two ponies down the hall. “You must keep it down! Lotus will take you now!"

Trixie and Starlight trod down the hall. Starlight was still far too embarrassed to strike up a small conversation. That was until she heard Trixie mutter under her breath.

“What was that Trix?”

Starlight’s voice was still shaky from the judgemental stares of the waiting room ponies.

“Well. It’s just!” Trixie stopped abruptly, swiping her hat off mid-sentence.

“LOOK Starlight! My hair is not grey! I am not an elderly pony! It is silver, the color of beauty and victory!”

“Well. Having grey hair isn’t all bad.”

“It’s silver!”

Trixie snorted in anger, stomping her foot hard on the ground. Starlight’s ears flicked back in surprise.

“I was only joking! Plus, isn't it more of a blue?"

“Good, you better have been, ignoring Starlight's question.

“It’s not bad to have silver hair.” Starlight enunciated.

Trixie raised an eyebrow. “How so?"

"Well, how many other magicians do you know-"

"None as great as me!"

Starlight rolled her eyes, chuckling at Trixie's interruption.

"How many other magicians do you know with silver manes."

Trixie smiled, petting her mane.
“Mmm, I guess you’re right." She smiled to herself. Starlight cocked her head in confusion.
"It’s like; I’m already unique! The hair is just the icing on the cake!”

Author's Note:

Literally just uploaded this so I could meet the word requirements. This website is harder to use than I thought