• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 938 Views, 13 Comments

The Box in the Everfree - Jh5kPony



Two unusual corpses have been found, as well as a romance story in between

  • ...
 13
 938

Silence of the Foals

Twilight Sparkle woke up. She was bound to a chair in a dimly lit room, with the only light source being a small lamp on a table. Was she on trial? How could this happen? Perhaps it's because Twilight tresspassed into the Everfree, which was blocked to all tresspassers.

Just then, she heard the clattering of hooves against the hard concrete floor. It was Pinkie Pie, still with her uncurled mane. She was holding a knife in her mouth. Twilight was sweating in panic and fear. She knew that Pinkie Pie would be random, but this was not even something Twilight would have imagined Pinkie Pie would do. Twilight was going to get killed by one of her own friends. Pinkie's eyes twitched. Twilight grew even more wary.

"Hello, Twilight..." Pinkie Pie said.

"Pinkie, what's going on?!" Twilight asked, in fear.

"We're going to have the time of our lives. Something to die for..." Pinkie said, slightly stuttering.

"Pinkie! This isn't you! Let go of me! NO!" Twilight said. She was rocking in her chair back and forth in hysteric fear.

Pinkie Pie approached the terrified lavender unicorn, armed with a kitchen knife. Then, out of sheer panic and adrenaline, Twilight launched a beam of pure energy at Pinkie Pie, throwing her to a nearby wall. She then hurriedly grabbed the knife using her telekinetic magic to quickly cut the ropes to get her out. She then proceeded to the door. However, in the darkness she could barely see, hence, tripping onto something.

"What's going on here?!" a thick, gruff voice was heard.

Twilight hurriedly used her magic to light up the room. There it was. She saw it. It was the two corpses, placed eerily close to each other. This was the most sickening thing she had ever seen. And from someone she saw as a good pony. Twilight got a headache, and of the feeling of betrayal. Meanwhile, Pinkie just stood there. It seems Pinkie Pie too was terrified, but of something else.

The door Twilight attempted to run for was bust open. It was a human. Wearing the hat similar to the one on the box. He had long black hair, tied to a ponytail. He donned a long, tan coat, a white undershirt, and blue pants. The man had a fearsome scowl on his face. His fearsome look left Twilight and Pinkie Pie paralyzed into submission.

"M...Mr Jack?" Pinkie said, nervously.

"You know him?!" Twilight asked, now even more confused, and slightly frustrated.

Ryan turned his attention to Pinkie Pie's horrid creation. Bearing the same scowl, he turned his attention to Pinkie Pie, and slowly approached her, fear growing stronger by the step.

"Pinkie..." he finally said.

Ryan reached in his coat, and pulled out a pistol. A human invention. He aimed the pistol threateningly at Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie shrunk in fear. This was her deathbed. A stone cold concrete floor.

"I thought we made it clear..." Ryan said. "To keep this our secret..."

"Please...no..." Pinkie Pie squeaked in fear.

Twilight Sparkle then began proceeded to ram into Ryan, then binding him far enough away from his weapon. Twilight then teleported both herself and Pinkie Pie outside of the room. She had the intent to teleport to the other side of the door. To her surprise, this was not Sugarcube Corner's basement, but rather Applejack's apple cellar. Outside the entrance was none other than Applejack.

"Now what the hay is goin' on here? Twilight, Pinkie, what's with the ruck...uhh...'frackus' here, sugarcube?" she asked.

Twilight nonetheless made her great escape, with Pinkie Pie as well.

Applejack simply stood there, confused. Applejack knew that Pinkie Pie was random, and Twilight had moments of insanity, but this just seemed utterly silly. Just then, Ryan, who ascended from the cellar, held his head firmly against his palm, groaning from a headache.

Applejack, who had a distrust for humans, looked at Ryan in suspicion. Ryan stared back, with equal amount of suspicion. Applejack knew that humans were a more violent race than ponies, hence she distrusted the humans. Ryan, however, knew that Applejack was Pinkie Pie's friend, and knew that he can't let Applejack see this.

"Ah'm on to ya, mister." Applejack said, menacingly. "Now get outta mah farm."

"I've got my eyes on you too." Ryan replied. "Don't think I'm through with you."

Ryan walked away, towards not where Pinkie Pie and Twilight went, but the other way, towards the Everfree forest.