• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 938 Views, 13 Comments

The Box in the Everfree - Jh5kPony



Two unusual corpses have been found, as well as a romance story in between

  • ...
 13
 938

Two and a Half Men

Twilight and Fluttershy head to Fluttershy's house. Exactly why Fluttershy landed at Twilight's house instead of her's still confused her quite a bit. Twilight spoke with Fluttershy what had happened while she was gone. Twilight said that there were a lot of humans visiting her library for scholarly purposes.

Fluttershy's house was not far ahead by this point. Twilight and Fluttershy continued towards the simple cottage. By the time they got there, however, there was a large crowd. Perhaps even larger than the crowd that followed Fluttershy around during her stint as a supermodel. The crowd consisted of both humans and ponies. The crowd was so large it was impossible to tell what was in the centre of the crowd.. Rainbow Dash was in the crowd.

"Hey Twilght! Hey Fluttershy! Long time no see, Fluttershy! What's up?" Rainbow Dash said.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"Somepony found two dead, severed bodies. A human fo- I mean, Baby, and a pegasus foal. Both were severed in half. Everypony here, as well as everyhuman here, are all journalists, detectives, unicorns, and wizards." Rainbow Dash responded.

"But why are you here?" Twilight asked.

"I just wanna know what the fuss is about. Troll Face has been skipping cloud inventory duty again." Rainbow Dash said, as she perked her head around to look for the missing pegasus pony. A black-maned, white pegasus pony emerged from the crowds, and flew away.

"THERE YOU ARE!" Rainbow Dash said. She chased after the whimsical pony.

Twilight had some ideas of her own in mind. She wants to see if she can solve the mystery. It would make an excellent letter to the Princess. She decided to squeeze her way into the crowd. It was extremely close quarters, being squeezed for every turn she makes. Twilight got through the crowd. There were some yellow tape, blocking the entrance to the Everfree Forest. Twilight entered past it, despite the Solar Guards' attempts to stop her. Twilight made a run for it, escaping the Solar Guards.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash hovered herself down, onto her hooves on the ground. Fluttershy bore a worrisome face. Rainbow Dash attempted to reassure Fluttershy by changing to a different topic.

"So, how was Cloudsdale?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Fluttershy backed away a little, hesitating to let out an answer. "f...fine."

"Well, I actually better get going. Gotta get back to work. Talk to ya later?"

"Oh...okay Rainbow Dash, I'll see ya later." Fluttershy said, shyly.

"She's a really cool pony, isn't she?" a voice peeped behind her.

It was a human. A somewhat tall, blonde-haired human. He wore a green sweater and red pants. His hair was very messy. Fluttershy met him before. His name was Nick. If Twilight were here, it would be like seeing Spike falling in love with Rarity all over again.

"Oh, hello, that was a friend of mine." Fluttershy said nervously. Nick's introduction scared Fluttershy a bit.

Just then, a much taller, black haired human walked up to the blonde human. He wore a beige jacket, a white undershirt, and wore blue pants. He also wore a hat which was similar to Applejack's hat, but it had a flat top, and no notch. It was instead bound with a black strap of cloth. His hair was tied in a ponytail.

"Oh, hello Mr Jack." Fluttershy shyly said.

"Nick. Stop this now." he said. Fluttershy was able to recognize this man. He then turns to Fluttershy. He then crouches down, at a more sociable level.

"Fluttershy, keep as far away as you can from this pervert. Understand?" Ryan said. Ryan patted Fluttershy on the head. Fluttershy simply nodded with a nervous smile, then flew away.

"You're no fun Ryan. You scared that little pony away. Like you always do!" Nick said. He then mockingly made a serious face, while saying in a goofy tone, " 'oh look! I'm Ryan Jack! I am a stick in the mud because I'm a ponyphobe! HURR DURR' "

Ryan said nothing. He just stared into the air, with a serious tone on his face. He then let out a simple smile.

"I must admit, she is cute." Ryan thought.