• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 938 Views, 13 Comments

The Box in the Everfree - Jh5kPony



Two unusual corpses have been found, as well as a romance story in between

  • ...
 13
 938

Storm Brew

Surprisingly long chapter. I could not be prouder.


Everything was quiet today. It almost seems these sudden events happen sporadically, and not very often. Twilight finished reading another book of magic. She noticed that, surprisingly, magic stains that seem to have developed over time seem to disrupt her concentration. As such, she was reading a book on magic stain removal, which she hoped would clean the stains faster, allowing her to concentrate at full while saving a few extra minutes.

As Twilight closed her book, she put it in her bookcase, or at least attempted to. It was revealed that somepony covered her real book-case with a large sheet of paper resembling her book-case. Not only that, but a pony was hiding behind the papers. It was Troll Face.

"Wait who are y- were you spying on me?!" Twilight stammered in a mix of confusion and anger.

"Ah, hello there, Miss Sparkle..." said Troll Face, with a sudden change into a deep, yet familiar voice.

"How did you kn-" said Twilight, until she realized she heard the voice somewhere.

"Fiddlesticks! Hypnosis magic is severely weakened when you're mostly stone." said Troll Face, back in his usual voice.

"D...DISCORD?!" Twilight said.

"You broke my cover. So what? I can still use this body to cause some chaos." said Discord. "It's funny really. You turned me back into stone, and yet here I am, causing chaos! Looks like I'm still in the game!"

"You're not going to get away with this!" Twilight said. She then proceeded to magically pin down the Discord-hypnotized pegasus onto the ground. She then launched a memory spell at Troll Face, causing a bright flash to fill the room.

Nothing interesting happens.

"Um...can I go cause some chaos now?" said a completely unfazed Discord.

"But my spell...it FAILED?" Twilight said in confusion.

"What you...I AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Discord laughed. "Oh my stars, you should see the look on your face! Priceless! This is even better than that time I made you lose your horn! Priceless!"

Discord, in Troll Face's body, proceeded to headbutt Twilight, knocking her out of the way long enough for the puppet pegasus to fly out of the way. Whatever slight facial mutation he had, it certainly can take a bit of punishment.

"Goodbye, my little pony. I have some chaos to wreak." Discord left, laughing. Not the evil kind, but as though he played a hearty prank on someone.


Back in the Everfree Forest, Fox Guy and Corno was able to lift the statue of Discord at last. To them the statue appeared to simply have a gold lion paw attached to a stone sculpture. It took a lot of hard work, but in the end, the two ponies finally got the statue raised. Fox Guy and Corno admired the strange statue.

"Troll Face told us to drag this to City Hall at night fall, right?" said Corno.

"Best. Prank. Ever." said Fox Guy, unaware of the fact that Discord himself is encased in the statue.

The duo then began to imagine what would happen if the statue was found.


"Oh my stars! A statue just appeared out of nowhere!" said one mare.

"Yes. It's a statue. It came from the human planet!" said Corno, where, in his imagination, he's a lot bulkier and manlier looking, with a larger horn, than he would be in reality.

"Human planet? No way!" another mare said.

"Yes, human planet. they're here to..."


"...take over Equestria! We gotta stop them! I'll save Equestria, but I have to be covered in mares first!" said Corno, still stuck in his imagination box.

"Uhh, Corno..." said Fox Guy.

Corno finally snapped out of his imagination box and back into reality. Standing in front of him was Ryan Jack. He seemed more confused than angry. He didn't have his gun, fortunately. Otherwise, at least to Corno and Fox Guy, he would've shot the two ponies in ten seconds flat.

"...human planet? Are you guys serious?" said Ryan Jack. "Sounds like something a foal would say."

"Shut it human. You're going to ruin the prank!" said Corno.

"A statue? How is a statue going to prank anypony?" said Ryan Jack. He felt a bit weird saying that. It was the first time he actually said it.

"I dunno. Troll Face told us it was part of his Grand Prank or something." said Corno, shrugging. "I dunno."

Ryan Jack simply left them to their own machinations. After all, he went to the Everfree Forest for a different reason. He was going to do something very reckless. He trekked through the forest, as a tear ran down his cheek. He wasn't sure about this trail, so he marked his trail with red paint.

He also brought a rope.


Pinkie Pie was heading towards the library, with her berry-berries, a mysterious book, a mysterious shoe, and, for the strangest of reasons, a carrot which, besides pastries, is Pinkie Pie's favourite snack foods. The only snack food that did not have any sugar she actually likes. Pinkie Pie hopped her way towards the library.

Rainbow Dash then briefly passed by, quickly waving hello to Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie looked away in grudge, still feeling betrayed from the failed surprise party for Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash crashed into a thundercloud because she didn't watch where she was going. The thundercloud let out a loud thunder, which scared a nearby Fluttershy and a large group of baby bunnies. The rabbits then ran off wildly in multiple directions, causing an explosion of cute to wreak havoc into Ponyville.

And all because Troll Face pushed a thundercloud in front of Rainbow Dash at the right place, at the right time. Troll Face was laughing uncontrollably, to the point he fell to the ground, as all other ponies either ran off hiding into their homes to evade the explosion of furry cute, or have fainted as a result of the sudden expansion of adorable inferno. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, however, was able to stay conscious and standing despite the rampaging adorable.

"Troll Face!" said an angry Rainbow Dash, "What the buck was that for?!"

Troll Face already left.

Pinkie Pie had hurried off towards the Library. Rainbow Dash hurried towards the skies to look for the troublemaker Troll Face. The explosion had died out (It lasted a good 10 seconds from where the two were standing).


"SPIKE! HELP!" said Twilight, as she tried to magically lift the bunnies out of the library. They were not causing a big mess, but they were causing chaos nonetheless. Spike attempted to scare the bunnies out of the library, by lifting his arms upwards, while roaring and letting out a green flame. It did very little effect. Not even the fire scared the baby bunnies. Pinkie Pie then barged through the door, apparently in the nick of time.

"PINKIE! Thank Celestia!" said Twilight. "Help me get rid of these bouncing baby bunnies!"

Pinkie Pie put on a serious face of seriousness, and took out a carrot. She bit off the leafy portion of the carrot (that was the part she liked on the carrot) and tossed it out of the library, in the same fashion one would throw a grenade. Various baby bouncing bunnies soon followed the carrot-grenade.

Aside from a toppled-down (fortunately unbroken) statuette, there wasn't much of a mess made. Twilight picked up the toppled statuette and placed it back where it belongs: on top of a table. They all let out a sigh of relief. The rabbit explosion was over for the most part. Pinkie Pie remembered something.

"OH OH TWILIGHT! I JUST REMEMBERED." Pinkie Pie chirped. "I FOUND A BOOK OF YOURS!"

Twilight levitated the book. It was covered in dirt, but it was easily recognizeable. It was a book that had gone missing since a long time ago. Twilight was under a state of euphoria of knowing she found a book she'd been searching for a very long time. The euphoria quickly died away when she found scribbles all over her book. Twilight let out a sigh.

"Sorry Twilight. That's how I found it in the Everfree Forest. I'm surprised it's still in one piece." Pinkie Pie chirped, only partially aware of Twilight's grief.

"Pinkie, I need to concentrate a bit." said Twilight, somewhat darkly. "I'll meet you at sugarcube corner later?"

"Sure thing Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said, now fully unaware of Twilight's grief. Pinkie Pie left the library. Fortunately, Twilight learned the stain removal spell. She set down the book on top of the large sheet of paper Troll Face left behind. Twilight began to work her magic, her horn glowing in response. A stream of poorly-written scrawls seeped out of the book.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!"

Rarity's shriek of horror destroyed Twilight's concentration. A large mess of scribbles rained down upon the large sheet of paper, therefore she had less mess to clean up after this.

"Oh pony, not again..."