• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 938 Views, 13 Comments

The Box in the Everfree - Jh5kPony



Two unusual corpses have been found, as well as a romance story in between

  • ...
 13
 938

The Man's Story Pt 1

Little over a year ago...

Ryan Jack used to live in Trottingham. While it is true human-to-pony intimacy is legal by royal decree, such laws are rarely enforced. Particularly in Trottingham, he grew up with a very strict conservative family, and the city's laws forbade any intimate interactions between humans and ponies, and any such cases would result in the human getting charged for rape, or attempted rape. Thus, Trottingham was given the reputation as "The most shameful portion of Equestria ever seen."

However, as a result of the Great Trottingham Fire, he had to run away to a safe shelter. He blindly ended up in the Everfree Forest, running about, relying purely on instict. It felt like a long time. Ryan Jack was lost. All he had was his gun, and a few extra bullets. After a while of running, he slowed down. It was too dark to see, so he attempted to find his way around. Then, he heard several feral growls. Timberwolves!

In a will to survive, he shot the timberwolves down. Eventually however, the savage attack had left him extremely exhausted, and was feeling light-headed. He staggered to what looks like light. Before he could make out what it was, he fell unconscious.


The Next Day...

Ryan Jack was found in a bed. He was saved. He took a look around. It was a simple looking house. Next to him was...a pony. The poor thing. Ryan shared a tiny bed with a tiny pony. He got off the bed, and let the little yellow pegasus sleep, covering her with the blanket. He began to sneak out of the little cabin.

However, before he was able to leave, he heard a small peep.

"Good morning..." the little pony said.

"Oh. Hello. Thank you...for saving me." Ryan said.

"You're welcome." the little pony peeped. "Would you like something to eat before you go? I mean...if you don't mind..."

"Okay." Ryan said. "But first, where am I?"

"You're in Ponyville. I'm Fluttershy, the local pet-sitter." she said. "What's your name?"

"Ryan Jack." he said, plainly.


Days Later...

Ryan Jack took up residence with, at the time Ponyville's only human resident, Nick. It would be some time before more humans moved to Ponyville. Nick enjoyed watching Pegasi fly. He's been always mesmerized by their flight, particularly by Rainbow Dash. However, Nick was often berated by Ryan for "being a pervert". His upbringing in Trottingham rubbed off on Ryan Jack. Nick, however, was more easygoing. The same could not be said for the ponies of Ponyville, who still had humanphobic tendencies.

However, Ryan had a soft spot for the pony that saved his life. He felt that he owed her a great debt. He was willing to do anything for Fluttershy. However, Fluttershy often didn't ask for much. She was extremely shy that way. He made frequent visits to Fluttershy, often exchanging small-talk and occasionally doing small favours. However, Ryan generally tried to stay away from her other pony friends, out of fear of being antagonized by them.

The visits, however, became more intimate as time went by. Ryan felt an attachment like nothing before. He had grown attached to Fluttershy, and Fluttershy back. Suddenly Ryan felt the line was crossed when one evening, Fluttershy gave a small, meek kiss on Ryan's cheek. Ryan's face grew a lovely shade of red. A PONY, giving a HUMAN, a KISS?!

Ryan ran off into the forest. He needed privacy to clear his head. This sudden turn of events have left him with conflicting thoughts. He needs quiet to sort them out. NOW.

"W...wait! Fluttershy peeped. She was too quiet at this point.


The Everfree Forest was the one quiet place Ryan Jack was able to run off to at the time. He sat down on a box that was left there. On the box was a picture of a hat. Inside was the actual hat. Ryan Jack took out the hat and put it on. Fluttershy was in the background, attempting to approach the human, but shyly. Ryan Jack was sitting on the box. The box was surprisingly sturdy for something that looks like it's made of cardboard. Enough to support a 200lb man.

"Sorry..." Ryan said. "...for running off like that."

Fluttershy was silent, but let out a heartwarming smile. She leaned against Ryan Jack.

"It feels so wrong. A human, in love with a pony. It doesn't feel right." he continued. "It's taboo, but I feel it anyways. You're the only pony I have ever felt an actual attachment to. Ever since you saved my life."

Fluttershy was silent, but still giving a smile.

There was nothing but silence for some time.

"Well...we can keep it a secret..." Fluttershy finally said.

Fluttershy gave Ryan a more intimate kiss. The intimate kiss grew to a sloppier human/pony makeout. Ryan Jack embraced the timid yellow pony. Her wings spread, with arousal. The making out grew into something more intimate. Something they'd never forget in a long time.


A week later...

Ever since the turn of events prior, Ryan Jack did not visit Fluttershy. He grew very bitter as a result. He felt a wave of guilt wash over him constantly. He had done what was taboo, and vowed to keep it a secret. This led to a conflict in his mind. He may have hurt Fluttershy. Delicate little Fluttershy.

No. He needs to go back to Fluttershy. He wants to make everything right. He'll set things straight. If he keeps avoiding Fluttershy, there will be no answer. He had to do something about it. However, he had to make sure he avoided the attention of the local ponies. Nick is too immature to understand the situation, and, as more humans came to live in Ponyville, he had to avoid the attention of those humans too.

On the way to Fluttershy's house was Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack, the current owner of the farm, was busy knocking down apples with her powerful hind legs. However, Applejack noticed the human, and stopped him.

"And whaddayer think yer doin?" Applejack said. It was evident she xenophobic. As Applejack continued, Ryan Jack backed away, mostly to avoid having his feet trampled over. "Ah see, yer visitin' sweet lil' Fluttershy aren'tcha? Well I ain't lettin' ya. Yer visits made her very sick. Ah knew you humans were up ter no good! Spreadin' yer human disease doo-hickeys! Now git!"

And Applejack kicked Ryan Jack in the stomach, knocking him down to the ground. Applejack looked at the human with fierce eyes. Ryan stared back, equally fierce in looks. Ryan Jack got back up, and then proceeded to go to Fluttershy's house. Applejack charged at Ryan again. He dodged the headbutting, and tripped her, causing her to fall into a nearby ditch. Ryan approached the ditch, and aimed at the orange pony, who was short of being fully immobilized.

"Get out of my way, bitch." he said. However, he didn't fire. He simply left. It was a warning.

"Nopony will get hurt."


Fluttershy was outside, tending to the chickens at her chicken coop. The chickens were eating the grains Fluttershy gave them. However, she was feeling a bit light-headed, and found it a bit harder than usual to maintain balance. Applejack wasn't lying. Word has it that she's the Element of Honesty, which now makes sense.

Finally, as Fluttershy was about to fall, Ryan helped her stay balanced.

"Oh thank you! I haven't been feeling myself tod- Oh my..." she said. She noticed Ryan Jack. He came back after about a week.

"Fluttershy, are you alright?" Ryan asked.

"y...yes. I'm okay." she replied, bashful as ever.

Ryan let out a sigh of relief. Fluttershy was okay. Perhaps feeling a little light-headed for some reason, but okay nonetheless. However, Ryan's train of thought was interrupted.

"Ryan..." Fluttershy muttered.

He turned his attention to the little pony.

"I'm pregnant."


Quick Authorial Note: I'm terribly sorry for the very lacking backstory of Flutterjack, causing it to border around a mere clopfic. I just wanted to see if I can make this chapter short enough to keep it as simply part of a story, instead of an actual story. Perhaps I can make another story describing the turn of events in greater detail?