• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 938 Views, 13 Comments

The Box in the Everfree - Jh5kPony



Two unusual corpses have been found, as well as a romance story in between

  • ...
 13
 938

The Last Roundup

The following chapter is brought to you by: Shameless OC-to-nonOC Quasi-Shipping, as well as weird conversational things. You have been warned.


Rarity and Twilight both agreed to gather up all her friends. Whatever was to happen, the abrupt letter sending was a warning sign of sorts. If it came from the Princess, then it was of utmost importance. Rarity agreed to gather up Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, while Twilight went to look for Applejack and Fluttershy. Spike joined Rarity. Anything to be with Rarity. Rarity simply rolled her eyes, smiling a bit (Rarity saw this as cute, and thought Spike was adorable, but did not have feelings for Spike at all), as all three left the library.


Rarity and Spike were busy looking around town for Rainbow Dash. The flea markets were littered with ponies at their market stalls selling a variety of things. Strangely, Applejack was nowhere in sight. Twilight would be the one gathering her anyways. Rarity then bumped into someone. Someone very tall. A human. Nick. He fell to the ground, as did Rarity. Spike struggled to free himself from underneath Rarity. Rarity simply got up, letting Spike get up too.

"I'm terribly sorry, dearie." said Rarity, while thoroughly examining the rather attractive young human. "I was looking for a friend and I'm terribly sorry."

"Sorry miss." Nick said. "I didn't see you there either."

"I was just looking for a friend of mine, as it were," Rarity said. "I'm looking for Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie."

"Rainbow Dash is trying to make amends with Pinkie Pie at Sugarcube Corner." Nick replied.

Suddenly she realized that trying to gather up Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash together would have almost caused more drama. However she was now curious to see what the fuss was about.

"Thank you very much sir." Rarity said, trying to be as plain as possible, as she left the human, blushing a bit.


Twilight Sparkle headed towards Sweet Apple Acres. At Sweet Apple Acres was a large, burly stallion. He was a red stallion. This was Applejack's older brother, Big Macintosh. He got back from bucking apples, and was carrying several baskets full of apples.

"Hey Big Macintosh!" Twilight greeted. "Have you seen Applejack?"

"Eeyup," he responded plainly. Then he pointed down the road, towards Fluttershy's cottage. Applejack was heading towards Fluttershy's house. This was great. They'd meet at the same place, at the same time.

"Thanks Big Mac!" she said, as she trotted towards Applejack. Big Macintosh simply waved goodbye, then proceeded with his chores of carrying baskets full of apples.

Twilight caught up with Applejack.

"Applejack, I just got a letter from the Princess and-" Twilight said.

"That's nice." Applejack replied, not paying attention to Twilight Sparkle.

"Um...Applejack?" Twilight asked.

"Yeh, you got a letter from the Princess. Ah heard ya." Applejack said.

"This is important and-" Twilight added, right before she was interrupted.

"Twilight. Ah'm afraid ah can't help y'all right now." Applejack said. "Fluttershy wanted me to visit her alone. Come back later when I'm done."

"But Appleja-" Twilight said, before getting a bucking to the face. She was instantly knocked out.

Applejack, now realizing that her rage had hurt one of her closest friends, was now shocked.


"Um...sirs..." a teal unicorn asked.

Corno and Fox Guy were both dragging the stone draconequus Discord into town. Everypony was staring at the duo doing a very strange and random thing. Pinkie Pie was the town random, so it felt even weirder. Only a few recognized Discord. Although the paw of Discord was the only part that remained unfrozen, he was able to maintain a sort of illusion that made it look like his paw was stone.

"Go away, we don't need you and your freaky human fetish around here," snapped Corno.

"Says the freak with the tiny horn." the teal unicorn snapped back.

Next to Corno was Fox Guy, he was giggling at Corno because of the sick burn the teal mare said.

"Lyra gave you a sick burn, bro." he said, hardly able to suppress a giggle.


Rainbow Dash was at Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie had to be there. Rainbow Dash approached the counter. Only Mrs Cake, one of the owners of Sugarcube Corner, was present. She was simply wiping the counters clean, while happily humming. Currently, business is slow, so she'd be able to speak to Pinkie in silence.

"Hello Mrs Cake!" Rainbow Dash said. "Have you seen Pinkie Pie?"

Mrs Cake suddenly stopped smiling.

"I'm afraid she's busy." she said plainly and sternly.

At that moment, a flush sound was heard, and Pinkie Pie was walking down the stairs. She just got back from the bathroom from upstairs. She was ready to get back to work, until she noticed Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie's mane instantly straightened, almost as an emotional response. She simply went to the Kitchen.

"Can I just go talk to Pinkie Pie?" Rainbow Dash said, as she approached the kitchen.

"I'm sorry but employees only." Mrs Cake said. Even though clearly she's only saying this to prevent Rainbow Dash from seeing Pinkie Pie. The insecurity had got the best of Pinkie Pie, and Mrs Cake is aware that Pinkie Pie needs a bit of time to get over said insecurities, ever since the failed party.

Either that or Pinkie herself has something else to say...


"Check...mate..." thought Discord, still encased in stone.