• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 847 Views, 9 Comments

The Greatest Showmare - Creativa-Artly01



Philly Barnmare is a circus ringmaster with the Greatest Show in All Equestria. She has acts of every shape and size and everypony absolutely adores them. She has a pony with the longest neck in Equestria, one which the largest beard in Equestria, et

  • ...
1
 9
 847

Chapter 14-Wedding Plans and Making Up with Her Father

While on their breaks between shows over the next few months, Carl and Twinkle work on planning their wedding. "What kind of cake do you want?" asks Carl to Twinkle.

"Strawberry with a caramel frosting," responds Twinkle. "It's my favorite and the one that I'd always share with my sister all the time."

"Okay," responds Carl. "We can do that."

"Yay!" squeals Twinkle. She then embraces Carl in a hug. "I'm so glad we're getting married."

"Me too," responds Carl with a smile. "Me too."

The two then share a kiss and Twinkle goes off to warm up for the upcoming show in the next few hours. Meanwhile, Carl works on planning the rest of the food and flowers for the wedding. He knows how much Twinkle enjoys Dragon Snaps and Firefly Daisies, which are going to make up the bouquets and the main centerpiece of flowers for the wedding. A few hours later, planning comes to a halt for a little bit and the day's performance begins. As he watches from the sideline until his cue, he can't help but smile as he watches Twinkle. A few minutes later, he throws on his coat and takes to the floor himself and performs for the crowds with much applause. He then begins to sing with the rest of the performers and Philly. "You've come to see the show. Man! Have we got a show for you tonight! Please enjoy as we share our talents and skills with you. Please enjoy while we share our joy and happiness with you! Welcome to the show! Welcome to our world! We're here to show you a good time. We're here to show you a good time. We're all like family here. We're like brothers and sisters here. We're here to show you who we are, show you what we do, share our lives with you, we're here to share our lives with you. Welcome to the show! Welcome to our world! Watch our lives unfurl! Watch our lives unfurl!"

Twinkle and Carl then begin to sing as just the two of them with the others quieting down so the crowd can hear their duet. "We've been through so much together. Together we face the storms, the bad weather. We've done so much. We've come so far. Look at us now. Sharing our joy with you. Here we are."

Everypony else then joins back in. "Welcome to the show. Watch as it all unfurls. We're here to show you a good time. We're here to show you a good time. Welcome to the show! Welcome to our world! We're here to show you a good time. We're here to show you a good time. Magic, special abilities, acrobats flying through the air, you can see it all here. Watch as it all brings you cheer. Strong ponies, long-necked ponies, long-bearded ponies, you can see it all here. You can see it all here. A chimera, a cockatrice, and more. So many things you haven't seen before. You haven't seen before. Welcome to the show! Welcome to our world! We're here to show you what our lives are like, what our lives are like. Welcome to the show! Welcome to our world! Watch our lives unfurl! Enjoy as you watch our lives unfurl!"

The performers then go around and perform their acts to the applause of the crowds. As Twinkle does her act, she smiles over at Carl before looking back at the ponies that are cheering for her. A few minutes later, she spots a familiar face in the crowd, and it shocks her. "Dad?" she says confused. "Why is he here? He doesn't love me. He's the one that cast me out. Why is he here?" She then freezes in the middle of her performance then runs off in tears, soon followed by Carl.

In the backstage area of the tent, Carl asks Twinkle what's wrong. "What's wrong, my love?"

"My, my dad," cries Twinkle. "He's in the crowd. He's the one that kicked me out when my powers first manifested. He then did the same to my sister. He's a horrible pony and I want him gone." Carl then goes and tells this information to Philly who then has the stallion escorted out of the show and locked out of the tent. They then tell Twinkle this news and she gets back to performing, happy that he is gone.

A few hours later, the show comes to an end and Carl and Twinkle go back to wedding planning but not before Twinkle confronts her father. "What are you doing here?" she asks bitterly.

"I wanted to apologize for kicking you out all those years ago," he responds, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Well," says Twinkle confused. She then looks at Carl for backup but he just shrugs. "I forgive you, father and I'm sure, if big sis was alive, she would too." The two then share a hug. She then asks her father the big question. "Father, now that we've made up, will you walk me down the aisle on my wedding day?"

"Sure," responds her father as he embraces her in a hug, "I'd love to." The two then part ways. Her father returns to his house and Twinkle goes off to work on wedding plans with Carl. Little does Twinkle know that her parents are recently divorced and her mother is off living in Whinnyapolis with her new husband, a stallion that is racist towards freakshows like herself. Twinkle has no idea. However, she soon will.

Meanwhile, off in their tent, Twinkle approves the flower arrangements that Carl has set up. The two then go separate ways. Twinkle grabs Stella and they head off to go wedding dress shopping while Carl goes off to get the perfect ring. The wedding is six months away and they can't wait.

Meanwhile, back out his house, Twinkle's father sits down and sighs. "Why leave me for a racist? Why does that make sense?" He begins to cry. "Why did you make me cast our daughters out due to your racist tendencies? Why didn't I know earlier? Why? What did I ever see in you?" He then throws the picture of his ex-wife at the wall and it slams and crashes on the floor. He then takes everything relating to his wife and burns it including the shattered picture on the floor. He is blocking her out of his life is good and he definitely is better off for it. "I used to see you as the perfect wife. Little did I know the life you were showing me was an absolute lie. It turned out you were the racist one and I regret listening to you and all I've done because of you. You used me and now that you're gone, I'm finally free. Now I see, I'm not the horrible parent. That was you. Now thanks to you, our eldest is dead and it's all your fault. I'm still lucky because our youngest accepted me back into her life. Will I ever tell her the truth? I don't know. Why would I tell her something so jarring a few months before her wedding day? What would she think of me then? I might lose her again. I don't want to lose her again. My little Twinkle, she's all grown up and I missed every second of it. How I wish I could've seen her and her big sister growing up. What you did was messed up? No pony should throw out their own daughters because they hate ponies with special abilities. That's just wrong. You were a monster. Why didn't I see it until now? Anyways, you're gone anyhow and I'm better off for it. I'll always be better off for it. I'll always be better off alone than I ever was with you. I'm better off now than I ever was with you." He then begins to cry once again. He may hate his wife but he hates himself just as much because he didn't prevent her from kicking their children out into the dangerous, wide world, and alas, that is not something he can go back in time and change and he hates that oh so much. He should've stood his ground and told his wife what for. Alas, he didn't and to him, that is the worst thing he ever did.