• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 845 Views, 9 Comments

The Greatest Showmare - Creativa-Artly01



Philly Barnmare is a circus ringmaster with the Greatest Show in All Equestria. She has acts of every shape and size and everypony absolutely adores them. She has a pony with the longest neck in Equestria, one which the largest beard in Equestria, et

  • ...
1
 9
 845

Chapter 5-The Brand New Chimera

A few days later, Philly gets a new set of creatures for the show including a cockatrice and a chimera. Needless to say, she's thrilled. She can't wait to put the creatures in her show. These ones, luckily, have been trained not to turn everypony into stone or try to eat everypony they set eyes on. "My new little showstoppers," sighs Philly. "I can't wait to share you with the world."

A few minutes later, Philly hears a peep from behind the curtain and she turns to see Twinkle standing there. "So, new acts, huh?" says Twinkle.

"Yeah," responds Philly, "but don't worry, you guys are still the real stars."

"Good," sighs Twinkle, "can I talk to you about something? In private."

"Sure, what's wrong?" responds Philly.

"Well," responds Twinkle, "my powers have started acting up again. Instead of simple sparkles and sparks right now, they're more like flame balls and firebombs. I don't think it's safe for me to perform right now, not until I get my powers back under control."

"Well, that's a hard knock to the show," responds Philly, "do you know why your powers are flaring up like this?"

"Stress maybe? I don't know," responds Twinkle. "I'll try to get them back calmed down before tonight."

"That a girl," responds Philly as she embraces Twinkle in a hug. "But if you can't, the show will go on."

"Thanks for understanding," responds Twinkle. She then leaves the tent and goes out into some open space and sits there, breathes in and out, and meditates. As she meditates, she begins to relax and her powers begin to calm back down. Soon she is back to just shooting out twinkles, small sparkles, and small sparks. Twinkle is relieved. She will be able to perform tonight after all. She's ecstatic. She then runs off and tells Philly that she will indeed be able to perform and Philly picks her up in a hug and tosses her in the air with a smile on her face.

A few hours later, the show begins with Twinkle leading the way. She is then followed by the other performers, then by the giraffes, the elephants, and then finally by the chimera and the cockatrice. They are then followed by Leopold the Bear. As they enter the spotlight, a smile appears on all their faces. This is their favorite time of the day, performing for others with not a care in the world. They soon begin to sing, led by none other than Philly and Carl. "Welcome in, welcome to the show, you're here to see a show stopper, here we go! Leave all your cares at the door, leave reality outside, come on in, and get ready for the ride! Everything in here is a dream come to life, everything in here is a way to get rid of the outside's worries and strife. Step in, come in, be free. You feel alive, you feel free, see the show before you as it slowly takes control. You stomp your hooves and clap along. You're enthralled, intoxicated, let everything else go. Feel the excitement as it takes control, see the lights as they shine above, see the fantasy as it unfolds right in front of you, see all your dreams come true, feel as your worries melt away, they melt away, welcome to the show! We light it up! We won't come down! The sun doesn't stop us now! Your joy is our only goal! Not having worries but only joy makes you whole! Come on into our world! Feel fulfilled! Feel full! The lights come flashing down, nothing can stop us now! Nothing can stop us now! You're enthralled, intoxicated, see the fantasy as it unfolds before you, see all your dreams come true. Oh, the circus is where your dreams come true! Oh, the circus is where everything comes true! We light it up! We won't come down! The sun doesn't stop us now! Nothing will stop us now! Not even the walls will stop us now! Light it up, we feel alive, we're in a fantasy, a dream, so we'll take the dive! Welcome to our world! Welcome to our home! Now stay awhile! Welcome to our world!"

Twinkle then sets off fireworks around the tent with her powers and the acrobats do their thing. They are then followed by the stallions with the longest neck and the largest beard and even the rainbow-colored mare. As they do their acts, the crowd stomps, claps, and cheers. They're having a blast and they couldn't ask for anything better. When ponies applaud them, they can't help but smile. They are then followed by the chimera and the cockatrice and the bear, which the ponies also applaud as the elephants and giraffes enter the main ring. As they do, the ponies continue their applause. For several hours, the show continues on until around midnight which is when the ponies all flood out and return to their homes and their lives.

Once they are gone, the performers return to their tents and the animals turn into their specialty cages for the night. Everypony and every creature are tired out from that night's performance. As she lays in bed, Twinkle can't help but think about how her powers act up whenever she gets stressed or annoyed. She can't help but admit that she'll need to learn to control that if she wants to keep doing the show with Philly and the others.

Meanwhile, over in her tent, Philly pets her pet owl, Andromeda as she works on some upcoming acts stuff. As she's working, she looks over at a picture of her with her husband, her daughters, and her son. "I'm doing this for you guys," she sighs as she rubs her hoof across the picture.

"I know," responds Charles from behind her. Philly then turns around and runs over and embraces him in a hug.

"Charles," she sighs. "I'm so glad to see you. How are the children?"

"They're good, but they miss their mother, especially Junior," responds Charles.

"Well, Christmas is almost here and that's our last show until Valentine's Day," responds Philly. "Then we can go anywhere they want for a family vacation."

"Okay, deal," responds Charles as he kisses Philly on the cheek. He then gives her a hug goodbye and then returns to the house. He's ready for the family to have a nice vacation together again. He just hates that he has to wait until January to have it.

A few hours later, Philly finally turns in for the night, and as always, she falls asleep with a picture of her children held tight in her hooves. As she sleeps, she can't help but dream about her children and her husband. To her, they're her world. She just wishes she was able to spend quality time with them more often.