• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 847 Views, 9 Comments

The Greatest Showmare - Creativa-Artly01



Philly Barnmare is a circus ringmaster with the Greatest Show in All Equestria. She has acts of every shape and size and everypony absolutely adores them. She has a pony with the longest neck in Equestria, one which the largest beard in Equestria, et

  • ...
1
 9
 847

Chapter 12-The Tour Comes to an End

Two weeks later, the tour comes to an end and the circus returns to its home on the outer borders of Ponyville. As the performers go off to get some beauty sleep, Philly sighs to herself and begins to sing. "The tour was a success but now we're home once again. It's good to be home and good to be back where we belong. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. No place like home. We have another show on tonight, there's no better life than that under the spotlight. The smiles in the crowds, they make it all worthwhile. It's good to be home again. We're home again. We're home again. The cheers of the crowds, they make it all worthwhile. There's no place like home. No place like home. No place like home indeed. We've been through a whole lot together. We've been through the thick and thin together. There's no pony else I'd rather be with than all of you. This place is our home, this place is our dream come true, this is a story worth living, both for me and you. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. No place like home in my mind. No place like home to me. All the excitement floating through the air, not a care in the world. What do you expect when dreams unfold? What do you expect when your greatest wishes come true? This place is our home and we hope you consider it yours too. This is our home and we hope you consider it yours too."

Philly, a few minutes later, is approached by Baley and Carl Lyle. "Hey," says Philly to the two stallions. "How's it going? You ready for the night's upcoming crowds?"

"Yeah," respond the two stallions enthusiastically.

"Well, a new act is coming in for tonight's show. Her name is Stella and she is an amazing acrobat," responds Philly with a smile. "You'll love her. She's coming in this afternoon."

Meanwhile, on the train, Stella stares out the window at the landscape around her. "When will we get to the outskirts of Ponyville?" she asks the conductor as he walks by.

"In about two hours time," responds the conductor. He then walks off to an empty car and begins to smoke his pipe.

"Thanks," responds Stella. She then turns back to looking out the window. "Look at me, look where I'm going now. I'm heading to the big time, to the big top. I'm nervous, I'm excited. I don't know how I'm supposed to be feeling. Look at me, I'm soon going to be a star, an even bigger star than I was before. I can't wait to show them my acrobatic skills under the big top. They better be ready to see the show of a lifetime! This'll be the show of a lifetime! That's for sure! That's for sure! Yes, indeed, that's for sure!"

Two hours later, the train pulls into the outskirts of Ponyville and Stella hops off and a few minutes later, arrives at the circus tent where she is greeted by Barnmare, Lyle, and Baley. She then greets them back with a great big hug. "Sorry," she giggles letting go of them. "I got carried away. I'm kind of a hugger."

"It's fine," responds Philly. "We're just glad you made it here safely."

"Yeah, me too," responds Stella. "I personally hate trains, but around here, apparently it's the only way to travel."

Around 9:00 that night, the performance begins. All the performers get a big applause especially Stella. After the performance comes to an end, Stella goes outback with the rest of the performers and they all look up at the stars together. "I was born on a starry night like this," sighs Stella, "heck, that's why I was named Stella. It means star."

"That's cool," responds Twinkle with a smile. "I wish I could've been born under the starry sky." The two then go and hang out for a few hours before the midnight palooza. The two end up having a blast together, joking, laughing, and even identifying constellations together outside.

A few hours later, after the midnight palooza, the two mares fall asleep under the stars. Meanwhile, all the rest of the performers sleep soundly in their tents. A few hours later, the two mares wake up and enter their tents after sharing a goodnight hug. Now back in her own bed, Twinkle pulls out the picture of her sister once again and falls asleep with it in her hooves.

Meanwhile, over in her bunk, Stella can't help but think about her family back home in Whinnyapolis. "They'd be so proud of how far I've come," sighs Stella. "But are mom and dad just as proud of me? I can't help but wonder. After all, they wanted me to become a nurse or a teacher. They never wanted me to be a performer, to begin with." She then lets out a sigh and begins to sing. "My parents never approved of my want to be a performer, I doubt they do now. They wanted me to be a teacher or a nurse, but I chose a different path. Is there anything wrong with what I want to be? Why pressure me to be what you want me to be? I can follow my own path, follow my own destiny. I can still make you proud. I will make you proud. I will make you proud of me. I don't have to make a lot of money, a lot of bits for you to be proud of me. I can do that by just being me. I can do that by just being me. I can still stay true to myself and make you proud of me. I promise I'll make you proud of me. Oh... I promise I'll make you proud of me. Yes, indeed, mom and dad, I promise I'll make you proud of me. Yes, I will. I'll make you proud of me. You're going to be so proud of me."

A few minutes later, she rolls over onto her side, peeks out at the stars one last time, then falls fast asleep for the night. She hopes her parents have moved on and learned how to be proud of her. Alas, she's not going to know anytime soon. At least, not that she knows of at the current time.