• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 847 Views, 9 Comments

The Greatest Showmare - Creativa-Artly01



Philly Barnmare is a circus ringmaster with the Greatest Show in All Equestria. She has acts of every shape and size and everypony absolutely adores them. She has a pony with the longest neck in Equestria, one which the largest beard in Equestria, et

  • ...
1
 9
 847

Chapter 11-The Tour Goes On and On and On

A few days later, the tour reaches its next stop, The Crystal Empire. There, they are greeted by the reigning royals there: Cadence, Shining Armor, and a now five-year-old Flurry Heart. "Hello Philly and Charles Barnmare, we've been awaiting your arrival," says Cadence with a smile, "welcome to the Crystal Empire. You can set up in the Crystal Arena."

"Thank you," responds Philly. Cadence then shows her, her husband, Baley and the performers to the Crystal Arena and then Shining takes over and helps them set up the tent within the arena. A few hours later, the first performance begins and the three royals are in attendance along with the rest of their family who came in the day before to spend the week, so Princess Twilight, Twilight Velvet, and Nightlight were there as well. Philly then looks up at them and tips her hat. She and the performers then begin to sing.

"Welcome into our world! We're here to give you a show! Light it up, giving you memories like you've never known before. This is a place where your dreams can come true. You can live your fantasies. Come on in, come on in and see! And see! And see! Welcome to our world of fantasy! There's no place we'd rather be! Welcome to our world of fantasy! This is a place where we can finally be who we want to be! Before we came in here, we were in a world where we were taunted and teased, now we're here, we're not out there anymore. We're bolder now! Happy now! Home now! We're home now! We're home now! Welcome into our world! Watch your fantasy unfold! Watch your fantasy unfold! Welcome to our world of fantasy! Welcome to our world of fantasy! Our world of fantasy! Our world of fantasy! This is the place you wanna be! The place you wanna be! You wanna be! We can go all night! We are now living our lives, free of shame, free of pain, in a place where we belong. Watch your fantasy unfold, watch your dreams come true, we do this for you. We do this all for you! All for you! Welcome into our world! This is a place where your dreams can be true, a place you can be true to you. Be true to you like I'm true to me! This is a world where we can share our fantasy! We can share our fantasy! Let us share our fantasy! Let us share our fantasy! Let us share our fantasy with you! Let us share our love, our joy, our happiness, our hope with you! Let us make your dreams come true! Welcome to the show!"

The performers then begin their acts, all with smiles on their faces. This is their best show yet in the most beautiful venue yet. As they perform, wild squeals come from the royal box. Twilight Sparkle and Flurry Heart are having the times of their lives while Shining and Cadence just watch on with happy smiles on their faces. "She's always been the more immature of the two of us," whispers Shining into Cadence's ear.

"Really Mr. Squeals Over the Newest Comic Book?" responds Cadence as she whispers into his ear.

"Good point," whispers Shining back. The two then get back to watching the show, hooves over each other's shoulders and head on each other's hooves.

A few hours later, the first performance comes to an end and the performers go and take a lunch break then hang out for a little bit before the next performance, which also goes off without a hitch to Philly's relief. The next day, they do two more performances before they head off to their next stop. Everything is perfect and Philly couldn't ask for anything more than that.

Bright and early the next day, the tour arrives in Los Pegasus and sets up their tent two miles outside of the main hotel part of the city. A few hours later, the first show begins with great success and great applause. Philly is thrilled. Hopefully, the other remaining stops will be just as good. Hooves are crossed. The other two shows there also go off without a hitch. That night, everypony sits and talk in the lounge tent for several hours before turning into bed for the night. In her tent that night, Twinkle brings out the picture of her sister and just smiles. "You'd be proud of me," she sighs as she hooves the picture. "Oh so proud. So proud." She then holds it close to her heart and falls fast asleep. Meanwhile, in their tents, the other performers are passed out and fast asleep as well. Tomorrow, they're off to their next stop, so they need their rest. Tomorrow is Appleloosa, it's definitely going to be a show with a little bit of western flair and a little bit of a bang. Philly can't wait.

Around noon the next day, Philly and the circus arrive in Appleloosa and put on their first show around 3:00 that afternoon to massive success. Philly is overjoyed. She hopes the remaining three shows will go just as well. A few hours later, they put on their next performance, their Western Extravaganza one, also to much success with a tent packed three times over. Philly is stunned. "Wow!" she says to herself. "This is an impressive turnout!"

"Not kidding," says Baley as he overhears her. "We better not mess this up." Philly nods and then steps out and introduces the performers. They then come riding out in western themed gear to much applause from the crowd of Appleloosans. Three hours later, the performance comes to an end and all the Appleloosans crowd around the performers and try to get autographs and overwhelm them to the point they have to be escorted out. Philly is shocked. She didn't expect that kind of thing to happen. Then again, it just proves how much of a success the show was. Now, she has to put up with that two more times around and that has her nervous. She hopes that crowd jamming around them won't happen again as she absolutely hates crowds surrounding her that tightly. She then takes this complaint up with Baley and her husband. Hearing Philly's voice shaking, Baley agrees to take over tomorrow's two shows to Philly's relief.

The next day, the remaining two shows, although directed by Baley, also go off to great success which has Philly pleased. Not only did the shows go well, but Baley more than proved himself in the ring and that has her impressed. That afternoon, they pack up and head off to Ponyville for their final performances before Canterlot. Philly can't wait and neither can Baley and the performers. They haven't done one in Ponyville in forever, so it's definitely the one they are most excited about by far.