• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 847 Views, 9 Comments

The Greatest Showmare - Creativa-Artly01



Philly Barnmare is a circus ringmaster with the Greatest Show in All Equestria. She has acts of every shape and size and everypony absolutely adores them. She has a pony with the longest neck in Equestria, one which the largest beard in Equestria, et

  • ...
1
 9
 847

Chapter 18-The Show Goes On and Andromeda Lays A Nest Full of Eggs

It's a beautiful day and everypony is getting ready for the day's performance when Philly remembers that one of her best performers is out on a honeymoon. "Oh Andromeda," sighs Philly, "let's hope the show will be just as good without my star performer." She then rubs the owl's neck. Andromeda then coos and flies back up towards her perch in the rafters holding up the center of the tent. A few minutes later, the show begins.

"Hello, welcome to today's show," says Philly Barnmare with a smile, "today is a bit different as you can tell. Two of our members are newly married and out on their honeymoon. Anyways, enjoy the show." The crowd then cheers and the show begins. The performers begin to sing.

"Here we are to put on a show for you. Welcome into our world! We have so much to show you! We may not all be here, but they're here in our hearts. Why don't you stomp your hooves and let the joy flow freely from the start? Welcome into our world! See what we do! We always guarantee you a good time, that will never change. Welcome into our world! Let your dreams unfurl! Welcome into our world! Let your imagination run wild! Here is where you can be free, where you can be you. Everypony is unique here, and so are you. Welcome into our world!"

The crowd goes silent and Philly takes over for a solo. "Everyday there is something new. It's never boring. Sharing joy and laughs is what we do. Go on and let us share our wondrous world with you!"

Everypony then joins back in with her. "Go on and let us show you what we do! Let us put on a fantastical show for you! A show of mystery, fun, excitement, and joy: it's all here and waiting for you. It's all here and ready for you, waiting for you, ready for you. Welcome into our world! Watch your fantasies unfurl! Watch your dreams come true! We do all this for you! We do all of this for you! Enjoy the show!"

A few hours later, the show comes to an end and Philly goes to check on Andromeda. "Andri! Andri!" hollers Philly. "Come here, girl!" She then hears a coo come from the rafters in the center of the tent. Philly then climbs up the ladder there and pushes Andromeda aside to find a nest full of eggs. "Andri," she says with surprise, "you're going to be a mother, girl." She rubs Andromeda's neck and Andromeda lets out a coo before sitting back down on her eggs. Philly then climbs down the ladder and gets to work on checking up on all the other performers before the afternoon show at 12:30.

A few hours later after a nice lunch together in the meal tent, Philly and the performers get back to practicing and at 12:30, they go on to cheers from the crowds. The performance also goes off without a hitch to the joy of Philly. Around 3:00, they do their final performance of the day before turning in for the night. In bed that night, Philly can't think about much other than when Twinkle and Carl are going to get back and when Andromeda's eggs are going to hatch. To her, those are the most important things right now and everything else can take a back burner.

Meanwhile, in the tent, Andromeda sleeps on top of her eggs, keeping them warm through the chilly night. As she sleeps, she lets out little coos and squeaks every few minutes. Around midnight, she wakes up and catches a mouse for dinner then climbs right back into the nest and tends to the eggs once she's done finishing up her dinner.

Meanwhile, in her tent, Stella looks at Twinkle's empty bed. "I hope you're having fun on your honeymoon," she sighs. "I also hope you know that I miss you, friend." A few minutes later, she falls fast asleep and thinks of Twinkle and the memories they've shared over the past few weeks. Here's hoping that she and Carl make it back safely from their honeymoon.