• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 845 Views, 9 Comments

The Greatest Showmare - Creativa-Artly01



Philly Barnmare is a circus ringmaster with the Greatest Show in All Equestria. She has acts of every shape and size and everypony absolutely adores them. She has a pony with the longest neck in Equestria, one which the largest beard in Equestria, et

  • ...
1
 9
 845

Chapter 9-Tour of Greater Equestria

A few weeks later, Philly and the performers head out on their Tour of Greater Equestria. Everypony is excited and can't wait to perform for ponies they've never performed for before. Philly especially is excited because she's never done a tour this big in years. As they stand in their train car, Philly stands up and gives them a pep talk. "Now, this is a time of great excitement for us, but it's okay if you're nervous. That's understandable. Remember the joy you give to those around you each time you get nervous. Remember the smiles you put on their faces." She then finishes her speech and the performers erupt in applause. Philly then goes back into the main car of the train and takes her seat next to her husband and children.

"Philly," says Charles with a smile as he embraces his wife, "I'm proud of you. You know that?"

"Yeah, I do," responds Philly as she kisses him.

Charles and Philly then let go of the kiss a few minutes later and Charles begins to sing. "When I first met you, I knew you were the one for me. You had crazy dreams, an avid imagination, but I didn't care. I knew you were the mare of my dreams. You're still the mare of my dreams. Through thick and thin, we're in this together. Through thick and thin, we're in this together, together forever. When you first started the circus, I knew it was what you wanted. Helping those who didn't have a home, how sweet that was! How sweet that was! Now, look at where we are now. We're heading out on a tour of the world. We're heading out on a brand new adventure. The best part is we're doing it together. I love how we do everything together. I'll always support your dreams, your goals, whatever you want to do. Through thick and thin, we're in this together. Through thick and thin, we're in this together, together forever." Philly giggles then join in with him.

"Together, we're living our dream, together, we're off on an adventure. We have crazy dreams, crazy imaginations, a crazy life, a different kind of life and we don't regret it. Through thick and thin, we're in this together, Through thick and thin, we're in this together. Through thick and thin, we're in this together, together forever. Look where we are now. We're off on an adventure. We're off seeing more of the world than just our tiny corner of the world. We're going to be sharing the joy with others. There's nothing like sharing the joy with others. Together, we're living our dream, together, we're off on an adventure. The circus is our world, is your world, is my world, is our world. The circus is our dream come true, the dream meant to share with you. I'm so glad I get to share this adventure with you. So glad I get to share this adventure with you."

Philly then lays her head down on Charles' shoulder and falls asleep. As for their children, they happily color in their coloring books or play their hoof held games. It's still going to be several hours until they get to their first stop, so right now is the time for rest and relaxation or even a proper nap and Philly is going to savor every minute of it.

Meanwhile over in the performers' car, Twinkle messes around with her powers while looking at a picture of her sister that she always keeps on her. "Is that your sister?" asks Flitter curiously.

"Yeah," responds Twinkle with a smile. "She was my world, my whole world."

"Yeah, makes sense," responds Flitter, "she was your family. The only one that mattered to you."

"Yeah, that's for sure," responds Twinkle as a single tear falls from her eye.

Around four hours later, the circus arrives at their first location on the tour, Saddle Arabia. Once the train comes to a halt, everypony begins to unload and sets up the tents and then everypony gets into costume. A few hours later, the show begins and the Saddle Arabian royalty attends the performance. Just like they do with their other performances, they kick it off with a special musical number. "Welcome to our tour, our Tour of Greater Equestria. We're here to share our little world with you. We're here to share our family and our joy with you! Welcome to the show! Let your imagination take control! We are here for you, to show you what we can do, welcome to the show! Let your imagination run wild! Let out your inner child! Stomp, clap, we encourage it, have a blast! Welcome to our tour, our Tour of Greater Equestria. We're here to share what we love with you, share our joy with you. Let imagination take control, let it run wild, let out your inner child. Let out your inner child. We're here to make your lives a joy. We're here to make you smile. Let us make your time worthwhile. Let us cheer you up! Let us make your day! Let us be your ray of sunshine! Let our joy light your day! We perform to make you laugh. We perform to make you smile. We perform to make your afternoons worthwhile. Let us light up the sky! We can go all night! Let your dreams take flight! Let your imagination take flight! Welcome to the tour, our Tour of Greater Equestria! Have the time of your life! With us, with us, you can have the time of your life! Have a wonderful time!"

The performers then go on to do their acts which are received much applause from the audience including the Saddle Arabian royalty. Philly couldn't be more pleased. The first spot on the tour is a great success and she can only imagine the others will be the same if not better than the first and honestly, she can't wait.

A few hours later, the circus does their second performance in Saddle Arabia and then load up the train and head off to their second stop on the tour. Their next stop is Vanhoover, then after that, The Crystal Empire, then Los Pegasus, then back up through Appleloosa, then Ponyville, ending in Canterlot. She can't wait!

Around noon the next day, the train stops in Vanhoover and the circus unloads and sets up once again and does their next show at 3:00 that afternoon. They open up once again to immeasurable success. Philly is overjoyed. The tour is more of a success than she could have ever hoped for. She couldn't be more grateful.

That night after their final two performances in Vanhoover, the performers and Philly turn in for the night and fall fast asleep. All of them do except for Twinkle. Instead, she pulls out the picture of her sister and rubs her hoof across it. "If you were here, you'd be so proud of me," she sighs.

Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Carl is back visiting his parents as J. J. Baley is on the road with Philly and the others. He honestly has nothing better to do. As they sit down to dinner that night, Carl can't help but feel uncomfortable. "Mom, Dad, are you proud of me? Are you mad at me? What's going on?" asks Carl.

"Well, son," says Mrs. Lyle, "we are proud of you. Don't get me wrong, but are you sure the circus is what you want to do with my life? Those ponies aren't like other ponies. They're odd, strange, freaks of nature."

"That's where I disagree," responds Carl, "they're ponies just like the rest of us even if they have special abilities or don't look exactly like we do."

"Well, whatever makes you happy, I suppose, son," responds Mrs. Lyle. "I just don't think the circus is as worthwhile or in your best interest like you do." This maddens Carl and he lets out a huff then retires to his room for the night. His mother has never approved of him like she has his older brother and that drives him crazy.

Mr. Lyle looks across the table at his wife. "Why do you give the lad such a hard time? Why compare him to Jason?" he asks.

"Because Jason has a real job, a real, well-paying job," responds Mrs. Lyle. "Carl is still an immature child compared to his brother."

"No, he's not, that's preposterous, hon," responds Mr. Lyle. "All I'm asking is for you to not be so hard on him, okay. Can you do that?"

"I'll try," responds Mrs. Lyle. She then gets up and goes and washes the dishes and Mr. Lyle grabs the newspaper and goes and reads in his recliner. Unlike his wife, Mr. Lyle doesn't disapprove of Carl's ventures and is actually proud of Carl. He just wishes his wife would learn to feel the same.