• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 5,405 Views, 108 Comments

Man in a Diamond Dogs World - monkey king



Deep underground there lives the mighty queen of the Diamond Dogs Fenriss and her people. Fenriss has always longed for a pup of her own and by some luck is given one, but it's not a diamond dog

  • ...
6
 108
 5,405

Chapter 9: Time For A Talk (Edited)

Fenriss gently laid Kiba onto her bed and sighed. As she gazed down at her son, a sense of pride and sadness fell over her. “ Alright, from the top, Lassie, what exactly went down again?” she asked as she turned to face the nervously fidgeting Lassie.

Lassie whined as she shakily said,” W-well, Your Majesty, as I t-told you, young Kiba and I were on our way to Canterlots Royal Gardens, when Kiba accidentally bumped into Sir Blueblood. We apologized, but he wouldn't accept it and refused to let us go.” She looked down at the ground as she continued.” Then, he tried to have me taken to his chamber, causing Kiba to use his Alchemist weapon in anger.”

Fenriss frowned as she crossed her arms” Laisse, please raise your head.”

Lassie slowly raised her head, revealing tear-filled eyes. Fears of what her Queen was about to say flooded her mind like the thought of being told how disappointingly she had acted in being unable to keep Kiba from using that weapon. It was her job to look out for the young prince, yet he was the one who had looked out for her.

Fenriss looked Lassie over before giving her a warm smile. “ Lassie, wipe those tears from your eyes for you have nothing to be sad about. There was nothing that you could have done.” She rubbed the back of her head as she continued.” While I would have preferred to not let the ponies know that we still have our alchemic weapons, what’s done is done.”

Lassie couldn’t believe it. She wasn’t receiving the berating that she had thought she would. Tears began to flow faster as she fell to the ground.

A small smile crept its way onto Fenriss’s face as she walked over to Lassie and set her paws on her crying friend’s shoulder.“ You have done a fine job at looking after Kiba, so please, won’t you continue looking after my precious gem?” she asked in a reassuring tone.

Lassie rubbed her eyes.” Yes, yes, I promise to always look after Kiba.”

Fenriss smiled as she took her into a tight embrace and let Lassie cry as much as she needed. After a moment, the two broke from their embrace, and Fenriss said,” Now, if you don't mind, I need you to stay with Kiba while I go and speak with Celestia. Can you do that for me?”

Lassie gave a quick nod.” I swear, I will watch him until you come back .”

Fenriss gave Lassie a good pat on her shoulders.” Thank you, my friend, that means a lot to me.” She smiled as she started walking towards the door.” I will be back as soon I can.” With that, she exited the room and was greeted by two unicorn guards waiting for her.

The guards lead Fenriss to Celestia's personal chambers. One of the guards knocked on the doors of the chamber which was meet by Celestia calling,” You may enter.” The guard pushed open the door, letting Fenriss walk through before he closed it.

Fenriss and Celestia looked at one another in silence. This silence persisted until finally, with a sigh, Celestia said,” I hope I do not have to explain why we are having this little meeting.”

Fenriss crossed her arms and, with a growl, said,” Yes, I know why we are here, and before you say anything, I will not apologize. So you might as well put that thought out of your head.”

Celestia was flabbergasted. She was not used to anyone talking to her in such a manner. She closed her eyes in an attempt to regain her composure. Once she had done so, she asked,” Oh? And why would that be?”

Fenriss sighed as she closed her eyes.” From what I have gathered, it was your boorish nephew who started this whole mess, so I see no real reason to apologize.”

Celestia’s eye twitched before she smiled warmly at Fenriss.” While, yes, I can agree that Blueblood started this whole debacle, that was not what I wanted to discuss.”

Fenriss opened one of her eyes.” Oh? Then, if you have not asked me here to apologize, why am I here?”

Celestia’s smile faded as she instead adopted a serious glare.” Your son used an alchemic weapon, something that is forbidden by the accord between our people.” Her eyes narrowed.” You do recall what I am talking about, correct?”

Fenriss gave an “are you serious?” look and, in a low angry tone, said,” Yes, Celestia, I recall the accord.”

Celestia slowly walked closer to Fenriss until she was practically in her face.” Then you should recall that such weapons are supposed to be locked away!” She turned her back to the Diamond Dog Queen and let out a sigh.” Your great-grandfather knew that as long as those weapons are loose then our people will never be at peace,” she said in a somber tone. She slowly started walking towards the nearby fireplace and used her magic to light it. With a mournful gaze, she sat in front of the fire.” So many innocent Ponies died in their frivolous attempts to acquire those weapons.”

This took Fenriss aback. She had not expected Celestia to say such a thing. She growled angrily and said,” Do not forget all the Diamond Dogs that died in your ponies’ raids.” Just thinking about all the pups, mutts, and purebloods that had died in the many fights that broke out between the two nations made her shiver with anger. She slowly breathed in and out to try and calm herself before saying,” Look, bringing up those times does us no good, so here is what I suggest: You forget about my son’s alchemic weapon and I will forgive your nephew’s assault on my friend.”

Celestia craned her neck to look at Fenriss and, in a surprised voice, asked,” You expect me to just forget that you are once again using your alchemic weapons?, Are you mad?”

Fenriss shrugged and flatly said,” Well, it is either that or we can reignite a long-dead war. Take your pick.”

Celestia closed her eyes and thought for a moment before sighing. “ While I am not too happy to know that the alchemic weapons are back, I must admit that I do not wish to see any more death over those things” she admitted in a tone of defeat. However, her tone quickly changed as she then added,” But if this is going to work, then I am going to need you to agree to something?”

Fenriss’ eyebrow raised.” Oh? And what would that something be?”

Celestia turned her body so she was fully facing Fenriss.” In return for me forgetting about the alchemic weapon, you and your son must promise to not use it unless absolutely necessary.”

Fenriss rubbed her chin as she thought.” Alright, I can agree to that. I don’t want him showing that thing off willy-nilly anyway.” She once again crossed her arms and asked,” So with that out of the way, is that is all you wished to talk about?”

Celestia smiled as she shook her head.” No, there was one other thing.” Her horn lit up with a golden aura, and a sealed letter appeared also encased in the golden aura. The letter floated up to Fenriss who reluctantly grabbed it.

Fenriss looked over the sealed letter for a moment before opening it. The letter was an invitation from Princess Twilight Sparkle asking for young representatives from her kingdom to come to the newly built School of Friendship. She looked up from the letter then back at it and said,” So, that little bookworm of yours has made herself a school. Good for her.”

Celestia smiled.” That she has. I truly am proud of her.” One of her eyebrows raised as she asked,” So, shall you do as she asks?”

Fenriss shook her head.” I don’t know. I would have to think about it.” Honestly, she liked that her people were being asked to be part of something like the school. However, she knew that the other species still looked down on her kind and worried that whoever she chose would be treated poorly. “Please tell your pupil that I will send her a letter in a week’s time with my answer.”

Celestia smiled as she gave a small nod.” I will pass it along.”

Fenriss smiled back at Celestia.” Thank you.” With a bow, she said,” Now, if that is all, then I shall return to my room.”

Celestia nodded one again.” Alright, I will see you in the morning then, my friend. Goodnight.”

Without another word, Fenriss turned around and knocked on the door, which was quickly opened by the guards outside. She quietly left the room and headed back to her bedchamber, all the while thinking about the letter. She really had a lot to think about now.

Author's Note:

Hey guys I know it has been a while, but I am happy to finally publish this chapter. Now this chapter isn't as polished as the last few have been and I am sorry for that. My editor, Helping Hoof, had some personal issues that they had to take care of and informed me they would be unable to edit this chapter at this time. I hope whatever they are dealing with ends in the best way possible for them. Anyways hope you guys enjoyed.