• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 5,415 Views, 108 Comments

Man in a Diamond Dogs World - monkey king



Deep underground there lives the mighty queen of the Diamond Dogs Fenriss and her people. Fenriss has always longed for a pup of her own and by some luck is given one, but it's not a diamond dog

  • ...
6
 108
 5,415

Chapter 10: School or No School, That is The Question

As the days of the conference passed, Fenriss continually wrestled with the idea of sending Kiba to the Friendship School. On the one paw, if she did, not only would that help strengthen the bond that the Diamond Dogs had to the other races, it would also give Kiba a chance to experience more of the world and broaden his horizons in a way just staying within the Kingdom could never do. However, on the other paw, sending him there could invite many problems. The creatures of this world, especially the ponies, had never been very kind to those who were different from them. Now add that to the fact that he was able to use alchemy and was a prince, and disaster was basically being begged for at that point.

Now, on the last day of their stay in Canterlot, Fernis had to come to a decision and send word to Celestia’s pupil, as she had said she would. But try as she might she could not come to a decision. Even now, she sat alone in the Canterlot Gardens thinking about it.

She let out a low growl, as she frantically rubbed her head before lying down on the ground. With a defeated groan, she laid her arm over her eyes and asked herself,” What am I going to do?”

“What are you going to do about what, mama?” a familiar voice suddenly asked. Fenriss quickly moved her arm off her eyes and smiled at the sight of her son smiling down at her.

Kiba chuckled.” What are you doing lying on the ground, mama. Is it comfortable?”

Fenriss chuckled back at him.” Why don’t you come down here and see for yourself.” She quickly bolted upwards, grabbing Kiba and pulling him to the ground. The two laughed as she nuzzled his cheek. After a second, the pair separated and continued to laugh as they sprawled out on the grass.

Kiba smiled as he gazed up at the sky.” You wanna know something? This place is really cool.” He folded his arms behind his head as he further said,” Don’t get me wrong, I love home, because that is where you, master, and Lassie are. But everything out here is just so new.” A frown spread across his face as he nervously asked,” D-does that sound bad?”

Lassie sat up and turned to look at Kiba. A small smile inched across her face.” No, sweetie, there is nothing wrong with that. This place is a whole lot different than our home, so it is understandable.” Her smile dissipated for a moment before returning.” Hey, how would you like to stay up here and see a little more of this world and our fellow creatures?”

Kiba quickly sat up and, with wide eyes, gazed at Fenriss. For years, he had been becoming more and more interested in the other nations, especially their citizens. The Diamond Dogs typically kept to themselves. ”Are you kidding, mama? That sounds so awesome!” he joyously proclaimed as a hopeful smile spread across his face.

While the joy Fenriss had from Kiba being happy was there, she would be lying if his answer didn’t slightly make her sad. However, she was determined to push her feelings aside for her son’s sake. With a tiny smile she warmly said,” Then, if that is what you want, my Gem, then I will see it done.”

Kibas smile grew until he was beaming from ear to ear. Filled with such overwhelming joy, he tackle-hugged Fenriss.” Oh thank you, mama, thank you, thank you!” After a second, he let his mother go and looked up at her, still smiling away. However, his smile slowly started to fade as he asked,” Are you sure that this is okay, mama?” The last thing he wanted to do was hurt his mama’s feelings, so he had to make sure that it was really okay.

Fenriss whispered “no,” too low for Kiba to hear, before gently nuzzling the side of Kiba’s face.” Yes, sweetie I am sure.” As she stopped nuzzling him she said,” Now, you go find Lassie while I go tell Princess Celestia of your attendance.” Giving a quick nod, Kiba stood up and ran off to find Lassie. A small chuckle left her throat as she watched the boy run off. With him now out of sight, she sighed as she stood up.

Fenriss brushed herself off before letting out a sigh.” Well there isn’t much sense in putting it off.” She thought about where Celestia might be at this time of day. Either way, she would be in the throne room or her room. Deciding to first check the throne room she headed that way.

After a few minutes of traversing the halls of Canterlot Castle, she finally came upon the entrance to the throne room. However, unlike before, the massive entrance doors were now closed, and a pair of Pegasus guards were standing at the ready. On the right was a stallion with a dusty brown coat, and on the left, a mare with a dark blue coat.

The mare and stallion raised their spears and the brown coated stallion said,” I am sorry, madam, but their majesties are currently meeting with the Elements of Harmony.”

Fenriss’s ears laid back on her head in annoyance. A small sigh escaped her as she said,” I understand, but my business actually does pertain to one of your elements, so I must ask you to please step aside.”

The two pegasus guards looked at one another wondering what they should do. Hesitantly, the stallion shook his head and said,” I am afraid that I can’t just let you in, but let me see what I can do.” He then turned round and opened the door slightly, just enough for him to enter.

The Pegasus Mare nervously looked at Fenriss. In a shaky voice, she said,” I-I am very sorry for the inconvenience, your grace.”

Fenriss sighed gently.” It is alright, miss, you and your fellow guard are just doing your jobs. As I would hope that my own guards back home would do.”

The mare seemed to calm down a bit, as a tiny smile crept across her face. “ Thank you, your grace, I honestly didn’t expect you to be as nice as you are.”

“Oh? And how did you expect me to act then?” Fenriss asked with a raised brow. She knew that ponies had a rather unflattering view of her kin, especially after a bunch of brainless pups had decided to kidnap the heroes of Equestria.

The mare shuffled her hooves uncomfortably,” Well, growing up, I always heard that your kind are vicious and bloodthirsty.” Her shuffling halted as she then confidently said,” But seeing you now, I really don’t think that is the case anymore.”

This caught Fenriss off guard. Almost every interaction she had had with ponies, aside from Celestia, had been negative, to say the least. But here this mare was being nice to her. A warm smile crawled onto her face as she said,” Well, I am happy I could put those worries to rest.”

Just then, the stallion reemerged from the throne room.” Alright, I asked the Princesses if you might enter, and they agreed.” He and the guardsmare both moved aside and allowed her to enter.

Fenriss gave a nod and smiled as she passed the pair and entered the throne room. Upon entering, she was greeted by the sight of the royal sisters on their thrones as well as the six mares who had saved Equestria time and again. Even amongst the other kingdoms, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony were well known, especially the Element of Generosity Rarity.

The Princesses as well as the six mares all looked at her. Celestia's gaze was kind and welcoming, while her sister Luna’s was more indifferent. As for the Elements, their expressions varied from pony to pony. The purple alicorn and the orange Earth Pony looked curious, while the pink Earth Pony had an enormous grin plastered on her face. As for the last three, the Blue Pegasus looked at her with suspicion and the Tan Pegasus had a wary downright terrified gaze. However, the one who stood out most was the white Unicorn, whose gaze was so sharp Fenriss feared it would cut her to ribbons.

Fenriss tried her best to pay no mind to the six and walked up to the base of the throne. As she approached, Celestia asked,” Hello Fenriss. I was told that you had something to tell me?”

“Yes, I do. After much deliberation I have come to a decision on the topic of our last discussion,” Fenriss said in a calm voice. Slowly, she took a deep breath and said,” I have decided to allow my pup and a few select others to attend the school of friendship your pupil has created.”

Celestia looked shocked for a second before giving the queen of the Diamond Dogs a warm smile. “I am glad to hear that, Fenriss. I am sure that this will help our two kingdoms grow closer, as well as to the rest of the world.”

Fenriss put up her right paw and said,” Let’s not get ahead of ourselves Celestia. I have a small stipulation for their attendance.”

Celestia’s brow raised slightly.” Oh? Please tell me what this stipulation is.”

Fenriss took a deep breath, in and out, before saying,” There are actually a couple, the first being that members of both classes be allowed into the school. I want the world to know both sides of my subjects. As for the second thing,” her eyes grew serious as she said,” I want your solemn word that they will be safe while attending the school, so none of them are discriminated against.”

Celestia looked at Fenriss before turning to her former pupil.” Would those be acceptable conditions, Twilight?” Everyone in the room instantly turned their gaze towards the purple Alicorn who fidgeted uncontrollably at suddenly being made the center of attention.

Twilight quickly cleared her throat and, in a sure tone of voice, said,” I am more than happy to comply.”

Fenriss gave a small nod.” Then, as soon as I return to my Kingdom, I will choose our representatives and send them as soon as possible.” She then turned her attention back to Celestia and gave a polite bow before standing up while saying,” I thank you for letting me barge into your meeting. I wish you all a good day.” She turned her back to everyone and walked out of the throne room, waving at the guards as she passed.

As Fenriss walked, her mind instantly started running a million miles a minute. Who could she choose and exactly how many should she send? These were the things that she had to think about. But that was something for her to deal with after heading home; for now she just wanted to head back and be with her son while she still could.

Author's Note:

Alright at long last a new Chapter is ready to be published. Once again I can't thank Helping Hoof for all of the help. They truly are really amazing people! Anyways onto further business I have a special announcement.
As I was writing this chapter I thought that maybe I could do something to get you, my loyal readers, involved. So I decided to hold a little contest. You all come up with a Diamond Dog oc and either post it in the comment or message me them. From there I will pick four, two Mongrels and two Pure Breads.
Hope y'all enjoy and can't wait to see what you all do!