• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 5,363 Views, 108 Comments

Man in a Diamond Dogs World - monkey king



Deep underground there lives the mighty queen of the Diamond Dogs Fenriss and her people. Fenriss has always longed for a pup of her own and by some luck is given one, but it's not a diamond dog

  • ...
6
 108
 5,363

Chapter 3: Announcing the heir to the throne. (edited)

The day had come, the day Fenriss would announce her adoption of Kiba into the royal family. Now, most creatures would be happy to show their child off to the world, but Fenriss was a bit more scared than she was happy. She was scared of her subjects, or to be more specific, she was scared of their reactions towards her pup.

As she paced back and forth in her room while cradling Kiba in her arms, a knock could be heard coming from the door. Fenriss turned to the door and said,” Come in.” The door swung open and Lassie walked inside.

Lassie gave Fenriss a small bow and said,” Hello Your Majesty.” She then stood up and asked,” How are you and little Kiba doing this fine day Your Majesty?”

Fenriss sighed and said,” I would like to tell you that I am doing good, but truth be told that couldn’t be further from the truth.” She looked down at Kiba and started to brush the hair out of his eyes which caused him to giggle.

Lassie turned her head to the side and asked,” What is wrong Your Majesty, isn’t today the day you show Kiba to the kingdom?”

Fenriss sighed and said,” You would think that wouldn’t you, but truth be told I am not.” She looked at Lassie and said,” I am scared, I am scared of what their reaction to my little Gem will be.” She then looked back down at Kiba in her arms and said,” I don’t think that I could bear it if my subjects treated my sweet little Gem with any form of hostility.”

Lassie chuckled as she walked close to Fenriss and said,” Your Majesty if I might be so bold, you are being over dramatic.” She put her right paw on Fenriss’ shoulder and asked,” Do you really believe that anyone will hold contempt for such a sweet little pup like Kiba?”

Fenriss sighed and said,” That is the problem Lassie, I don’t know.” She looked Lassie with tears running down her cheeks and asked,” How would you respond if you just heard that your ruler, the one you look up to for guidance, suddenly took in a random pup, especially one that isn’t even a Diamond Dog?”

Lassie hesitated for a moment before letting out a soft sigh. She then said,” I see your point, Your Majesty I really do, and I wish I could tell you that everyone would be completely okay with this.” As Fenriss started to lower her tearful gaze back onto Kiba Lassie said,” However, I can tell you that this pup loves you and that you love him and that is all that really matters.”

Fenriss looked back up at Lassie and started to crack a small yet sweet smile. She then looked back down at Kiba who was just smiling and reaching up towards her face.

Fenriss then let out a small chuckle and said,” Your right Lassie, as long I as love him, and he I, then there is nothing to worry about.” She lowered her face so that Kiba could feel it.

Lassie smiled at the sight of the mother and son and said,” Though I hate to break such a sweet sight, I must insist that you prepare for the unveiling Your Majesty.”

Fenriss raised her muzzle from Kiba’s grasp and with a smile said,” Alright Lassie, please come back in an hour, we should be all ready by then.”

Lassie gave Fenriss a small bow and said,” As you wish your majesty.” With that Lassie left the room so the two could get ready for the ceremony.

Once the hour had passed Lassie came back to the royal bedchamber and knocked on the door while asking,” Your Majesty are you and Kiba ready.”

After a couple of seconds, the Ruby doors opened up to reveal the pair in their finest clothes. Fenriss was wearing a golden dress that was adorned with a plethora of gems such as topazes and Garnets. She was also wearing the rest of her royal regalia like her crown and necklace.

Lassie smiled and said,” Oh Your Majesty you look stunning.” She then looked at Fenriss arms which cradled little Kiba, who was wearing the upper half of a suit. Lassie chuckled at the sight and said,” Oh don’t you look just adorable little Kiba.” She reached under his chin and started to tickle it, causing him to burst out into laughter.

As she pulled back her paw Lassie asked,” So, shall we get going Your Majesty? your public awaits.”

Fenriss took in a deep breath to calm her nerves and said,” Yes, I believe that I am let us be off then.” The two walked to the balcony outside the throne room, where she would show her Kingdom little Kiba. She looked at the guards that stood on both sides of the doors and gave them a nod as a way of telling them to open the door.

As the doors began to open, Fenriss could hear the roar of all her subjects talking. She took one last deep breath before handing Kiba to Lassie and walking out onto the balcony, causing the subjects to grow silent.

Fenriss looked out at all her subjects and said,” Hello my dear subjects. I have gathered you here to talk about the creature that you more than likely saw me carrying in my arms not too long ago.” This caused the masses to break into a murmur, before being hushed by Fenriss raising her paws. Fenriss sighed and said,” Please, everyone, calm down so I might continue.”

“ Now as I was saying, I have gathered you here so I might share something with you all, about the creature that you saw me holding not too long ago.” She turned her head around to look at Lassie and cocked her head as a way of telling her to come closer.

Lassie took the hint and walked up to Fenriss and handed Kiba over to her. Fenriss smiled as Kiba was handed to her and lightly tickled him, which caused him to laugh. Fenriss chuckled back at him, before turning her attention back to her subjects. She smiled as she raised Kiba up, so that all her subjects could see him and said,” This adorable little one is named Kiba, and I have decided to take him as my pup.”

When the crowd heard this, a chorus of shocked gasps could be heard throughout the kingdom. Fenriss chuckled at this and said,” Yes you all heard me right, I am taking this little one in as my pup. Now, I know that you all might have some reservations about a non-Diamond Dog being taken into the royal family, but I can guarantee that you all have nothing to worry about.”

Fenriss then looked down at Kiba who seemed to be on the verge of falling asleep right there in her arms. She smiled warmly at this sight, before once again returning her attention to her subjects and asking,” So will you all please join me in welcoming little Kiba into our Kingdom, and into the royal family?”

Fenriss was so nervous about what her subjects would do, but she held out the hope that they would accept little Kiba. After a couple of seconds of silence, a pair of paws clapping could be heard, which set of a whole storm, clapping and cheering the couple on. They had accepted Kiba, not only into the Kingdom but into the royal family.

Fenriss was taken aback by how much her subjects accepted her precious little Kiba. she even started to cry tears of joy from all the cheers. Lassie walked up next to her and, with a smirk, said,” See? I told you that they would accept him.”

Fenriss rubbed her eyes with her left arm while holding Kiba in her right and said,” Thank you all this means so much to me.”

Lassie chuckled at the sight, and with that, the assembly was finished and the three returned to the royal bedchambers. Lassie smiled and said,” Well, I think that went well, wouldn’t you say so Your Majesty?”

Fenriss chuckled and said,” Okay, you were right, it went a lot better than I had thought it would.” She then looked down at the sleeping Kiba and with a smile said,” I think that little Kiba has the right idea, it is time for a nap.”

Lassie smiled and said,” That sounds like a good idea, Your Majesty.” She turned around and started to exit the room. As she left the room she said,” Have a good rest, Your Majesty.”

Fenriss smiled and said,” I will, goodness knows I need it after that conference.” She then laid down next to Kiba and began to fall asleep. As she drifted off into slumber she could feel all the stress she had slip away, and in its place dreams of her life raising Kiba began to play out.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone sorry I haven't posted anything in a while , life kinda got in the way. Anyways I hope you like the chapter, especially now that it has been edited.