• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 5,403 Views, 108 Comments

Man in a Diamond Dogs World - monkey king



Deep underground there lives the mighty queen of the Diamond Dogs Fenriss and her people. Fenriss has always longed for a pup of her own and by some luck is given one, but it's not a diamond dog

  • ...
6
 108
 5,403

Chapter 6: Lesson one

About a week after Kiba’s test Magnus, as well as all his material, had been moved into the castle. His living quarters, as well as his study, where located three doors doors down from the castles library. They choose this location so that Magnus could acquire any reading material that he deemed necessary for Kiba’s learning.

The room was set up so that the top half of the room was was split off from the bottom making the room two story. The only thing connecting the two was a small staircase on the west wall of the room.

The top half was the part of the room was used as Magnus’s bedroom. His bedroom was arranged to Magnus’s idea of comfort, which was just a bed, a couple of tables, and his favorite wooden chair. The lower half was set up almost exactly as like his basement, which took a lot of work from a group of master artisans.

Now finally the day that Kiba would begin with his lessons has come and the young human could not be happier. Kiba had so many questions to ask Magnus, not only when is comes to average academics but about alchemy as well.

Ever since Magnus had Kiba take that little test he has grown more and more curious. He wanted to know why he could use alchemy and what he could use it for. However, Kiba had one question he wanted to know more than all the rest, how could he use alchemy to help his mama?

The reason he wanted to know this more than anything else was because he wanted more than anything was to make his mama’s life a bit easier.

Ever since Kiba was little he saw how much the kingdom and its citizens looked up to his mama for guidance. Which she was happy to do but sometimes it took a lot out her, both physically and mentally. This always made Kiba sad whenever he saw her like this because it always made him feel so helpless.

He was so happy at the idea that he would be finally able to help that right after he had breakfast with his mother he ran to Magnus’s room to start his first lesson. Once at the door he started to knock until finally the doors swing open to reveal a slightly irritated Magnus.

Kiba smiled up at Magnus and said,” Hello mister Magnus I am here for my first lesson!”

Magnus sighed as he started to caress the bridge of his nose with his left paw in attempts to calm his nerves. After a couple seconds Magnus sighed and said,” I can see that young pup.” Magnus then turned his back to Kiba and began to walk back into his room while saying,” come now pup so we might begin, oh and close the doors on your way in.”

Kiba gave a small nod and quickly made his way into the room, making sure to close the doors behind him. Kiba than ran up to Magnus and asked,” so what are you going to teach me first mister Magnus?”

Magnus sighed and said,” first, young pup, since you are now my student I must insist you call me master Magnus.” Magnus then turned to KIba to see if he understood, which he did and showed it by shaking his head up and down. Magnus then smiled at the young boy and said,” second I have decided since this is your first lesson I would let you choose.”

KIba smiled widely at this and asked,” really master Magnus I can?” KIba then ran in front of him and said,” I want to know more about alchemy, I want to know everything.”

Magnus smiled at the boy and asked,” Oh and why do you wish to know this my young apprentice?” Magnus had idea why KIba wanted to know why he wanted to know more alchemy, but wanted to see if he was right.

KIba gave Magnus a big smile and said,” I want to help mama out simple as that,”

Magnus’s eyes shot open in surprise at the child's words. For as long as he could remember Diamond Dogs who even had an iota of talent for alchemy sought him out for training. However, every time he would turn them down for one simple reason, all they wanted was power and nothing more.

Magnus loathed this more than anything, other creatures seemingly never ending lust for power. So to hear Kibas reasoning made shocked him to his core.

Magnus then begin to smile at the boy and said,” well that is a breath of fresh air, quit refreshing if I do say so myself.” Magnus then walked up to his work desk and asked,” so where would you like to begin young pup?”

Kiba ran up to join him and said,” well why don’t you start with the all the different types of alchemy.” He then put up his finger and said,” mama always says you should always get all your information before doing anything.”

Magnus let out a stiff chuckle and said,” wise words I can see your mother has taught you well.” He then pulled out the stools that he had under his desk and patted on the seat as a way of telling Kiba to sit, which he did.

Magnus then sat down where he could face Kiba and asked,” okay now where to begin?” Magnus then rubbed his chin and said,” well I guess I should start with the different types of alchemy.” He then put up two fingers and said,” there are two main types of alchemy, that being wartime and domestic.”

Magnus then lowered his left finger and said,”first let us talk about domestic type alchemy.” Magnus then turned to his desk and said,” well domestic alchemy is basically as it sounds, it is alchemy that is used to better the kingdom in a plethora of ways.”

Kiba turned his head to the side and asked,” what kind of ways master Magnus?”

Magnus then started to rub his chin and said,” well an example would have to be this castle.” Magnus then looked at Kiba who still had his head to the side and said,” I see you are still confused, well you know how this castle is made of assorted crystals?”

Kiba gave a quick nod to show he did and asked,” yeah but what does that have to do with this kind of alchemy master Magnus?”

Magnus smirked and said,” everything young pup, it has everything to do with domestic alchemy.” Magnus then pointed a nearby wall and said,” you see natural crystals don’t form like this so it is up to domestic alchemists transmute them into structures like this.”

Kiba then crossed his arms and said,” oh so that’s why all the houses around the castle are made of crystal.” Kiba then rubbed the back of his head and asked,” so what about the houses not made of crystal, like yours, how do they get made?”

Magnus chuckled at the boys question and said,” well that is simple, craftsdogs are the ones who do that.” Magnus then patted the desk and said,” craftsdogs, if you didn’t know, are the ones who make all the woodcrafts as well as all the none crystal structures.”

Magnus then coughed into his paw and said,” anyways moving onwards let us move onto are next topic, wartime alchemy.” Magnus then looked all around him trying to find something he needed for this lecture.

Kiba looked around like Magnus did before looking at the elder and asking,” um what are you looking for master?”

Magnus then stood up and looked underneath the table for whatever it was he needed. While he was doing this he said,” I am looking for a little black box.” Magnus then pulled his head out from under the table and asked,” do you see it anywhere?”

Kiba looked around and then pointed at a box that was on a nearby shelf. Kiba then asked,” is that the box over there master?”

Magnus turned his head to where Kiba was pointing and with a smile said,” ah good eye on you lad.” He then stood up and went over to shelf and grabbed the little box. Magnus then turned back to face Kiba and said,” come over here my boy, I have something to show you.”

Kiba then jumped up from his seat and walked over to Magnus. Magnus then put his left paw onto his shoulder and said.” now what I am about to show you is a tool both made and used by special wartime alchemists.” He then slowly opened the box to reveal a small black octagon.

KIba found himself somewhat intranet by the object and tried to reach out and touch it. However, before his hand could get close enough to the octagon Magnus snapped the box shut. This caused KIba to real his hand back and stare up at his master with a bit of fear in his eyes.

Magnus then said,” I highly advise against that pup, this is not something that a child should mess with.”

KIba turned his head to the side and asked,” why is that master, is it super dangers or something?”

Magnus gave a quick nod again as he opened the box up again. He then reached inside and pulled out the object, making sure to have a tight grip on it the whole time. Magnus then said,” this my young friend is an alchemist weapon which was used in the great Diamond wars, which you will learn about later.”

KIba then pointed at the octagon and asked,” how is that little thing a weapon master, it just looks like a weird gem to me.”

Magnus chuckled at this and said,” well it might not look like much right now but when in the hands of an alchemist it transforms into a powerful weapon.” Magnus then crouched down to Kiba's eye level and asked,” do you want to see it.” This caused KIba to smile widely and shake his head yes as fast as he could.

Magnus laughed at this and said,” okay then young pup, but I will need you to stand back first.” KIba then jumped back a couple spaces so his master had enough room.

Magnus then took a deep breath in while slowly raising his arm that held the octagon until it was straight out infront of him. Magnus then closed his eyes and focused his energy into the object, causing it to glow brightly.

Kiba tried his best to watch what was going on but was unable to and was forced to shut his eyes due to the harsh light. When he final opened them again KIba was shocked to see the little octagon had transformed into a large war hammer.

Kiba awed at the hammer and asked,” wow how did that little thing become that giant hammer master?” Kiba then reached out his hand to touch it put Magnus pulled it back before he could do so.

Magnus then said,” that is another thing that I will get into later.” Magnus then leaned the weapon onto his shoulder and said,” anyways on with the lesson, this weapon is one of the best and only representations of wartime alchemy.”

Magnus then turned the hammer back into an octagon and said,” this is what is known a an alchemist weapon, and it was and is are kingdoms strongest weapons.” He then put the octagon back in the box while saying,” like I said earlier these were used heavily in the great Diamond wars as a way to really combat the other races.”

Magnus then took the box back on the shelf while saying,” we knew that compared to creatures like the Ponies, Griffeins, and Minotaurs we were comparatively weak.” Magnus then turned back to Kiba and said,” then only one up we had on all of them was are alchemy and normal alchemy takes to long and is rather ineffective in combat.” He then smirked and said,” so are wisest alchemists at the time decided to make these special weapons as a way for us to fight more effectively.”

Kiba turned his head to the side and said,” I don’t understand why we would ever need such things master, couldn’t things be solved more peacefully?”

Magnus sighed and said,” believe me I wish there was, but more often than not everything devolves into fighting.”

Kiba shook his head and said,” that is not right, mama always says that we should always strive for peace and only resort to violence when there are no other options.”

Magnus smiled and said,” well your mother truly is a wise Queen, which is why are relationship with the ponies is better than ever.” Magnus then put his paws on Kibas shoulders and said,” however, you must know there are times when you will need to fight, if not for you then for what you believe in and those you care for.”

Kiba looked at Magnus for a couple minutes as he thought about what his master just told him. He then gave Magnus a small nod and said,” I think I understand master and I promise to always keep that in mind.”

Magnus let out a small laugh and said,” I know you will my young apprentice.” Just then a series of dings and chims could be heard coming from a nearby wall clock. Magnus was shocked to see that apparently their lesson, which was only supposed to take an hour to an hour and half, had taken two and a half hours.

Magnus looked up from Kiba and at the clock which caused him to say,” oh how time seems to fly when you are having fun.” Magnus then smiled and said,” now I will see you in two days for your next lesson, which should give you enough time to start reading these.” Magnus then quickly grabbed a few books off the table and handed them to Kiba.

The books that Magnus gave Kiba were early history of the Diamond Dog empire and Alchemy 101.

Kiba smiled as he looked at the books and said,” thank you master, I promise to read them all the way though.” Kiba then moved the books to his left arm and went up and hugged Magnus.

Magnus hugged Kiba back with his right arm and said,” alright young one get going so you can tell your mother everything you learned.”

Kiba gave a quick nod before letting Magnus go and running off to go find his mama so he could tell her about everything he learned.

Magnus chuckled as he watched Kiba run out of the and once the young human was gone he said,” that young man truly is something.” Magnus then rubbed his chin and said,” maybe he will be the one to take on my legasie after I am gone?” Magnus then let out a small chuckle as he walked over to his table and said,” I guess we will just have to wait and see.”

Author's Note:

Hello all sorry for the wait on this chapter, life made it kind of hard at times to write. But I am back now and off from school so i will try to get the next chapter done before I have to go back. Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter and thanks for your support.