• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 2,899 Views, 80 Comments

Living Darkness - vildtiger

  • ...
9
 80
 2,899

PreviousChapters Next
Assemble the Team

Note: this happens some hours after the last chapter. it is very loosely based on the TF2 comics.

Spy has to break into a facility of Mann Co to find any information on where Miss Pauling might be hiding, the job getting inside is surprisingly easy. After reuniting his two selves, Spy mind is sharper and his body stronger than ever, his movements easy and much more ‘activity’ needs to happen before he struggles for air. It’s startling feeling this strength as if… Spy has to check. He leaves for a moment going after his target, find a mirror and tears off the mask. The face meeting him is still the same he has seen ever since he knew what a reflection is, but unlike the last time he— as the RED Spy saw his human reflection, it was a man no longer in his prime and back then he sure could feel it.
Has the Elements of Harmony and the respawn de-aged him to what a pony in this age would look like? That’s his only explanation for this change. Putting back on the mask, Spy returns back to his task, unable to remove the smug smirk on his face from the fact that he is going to relive his prime and this time, it is going to stay for a very long time if he’s continually connected to the respawn. The once dread that the one he loves will outlive him many times over can finally be put to rest and for that he is glad.
Spy gets the data, kills a guard on his way out and the location he drives the car over to Miss Pauling’s current safehouse.
As expected, she is incredibly shocked seeing him again, but they don’t really have time for it.
“We need your help.” and explains her the current event.

Well, it seems that the horse world really has affected the mercenaries. Not only they pretended Spy to be dead in order to protect him, but from the looks of it; have pleaded their alliance to Twilight Sparkle and the other ponies. Miss Pauling is not sure how to react on this, less so she not long ago got a message from Helen that she needs to gather the team again and find a lost cache of Australium. Letting out a long sigh, Miss Pauling tells the two former hired men. “I will help you on one condition: you will help me track down a cache of Australium someone stole from the Administrator and get it back.”

“Sure.” Scout replies without thinking.

Spy, on the other hand, he crosses his arms and his mask cannot hide the suspicious frown. “And our former boss only wants that?” For he has no plans on staying here, less so if it means fighting a senseless war again.

“That’s it.” Miss Pauling says, for after the death of Redmond and Bluetach; “The Gravel War is over. After this, you can go back home and… well I guess She will turn off the respawn after—“

“What?!” Scout exclaims in disbelief hearing that. “Don’t turn it off! We need the respawn.”

Spy nods, he has no wish in losing his prolonged lifespan. “Surely she knows we are more useful when death has little meaning to us.”

“The Administrator doesn’t need you anymore.” Miss Pauling points out, yeah sure getting a prolonged life does sound nice but she would like being able to get a boyfriend who she does not has to leave after a small decade because she’s aging way slower than normal. “There is no reason letting it stay on. Do you really want to watch loved ones die while you keep on living?” She retorts, eyeing Scout; he has a lot of brothers and a mother, all he will outlive and their grandchildren if the respawn stays on. “There is no joy in watching your parents, siblings and their children disappear by age while you have to watch from the sideline.”

Scout blinks, quite caught off guard that Miss Pauling has just revealed that she is far older than she appears, so the question is: “How old are you exactly?” gasping as she replies. “Thirty-eight.” Wow, that’s way older than excepted, must say. “You’re looking good for someone in that age.”

Twilight, on the other hand, forgets for a moment that humans do not live that long, her mind is still set on pony lifespan, so for her. “That’s not that old. Fluttershy is thirty-four, so you’re only a few years older than her— but you look like somepony who has just reached marehood.” She points out.
Miss Pauling sends her a confused look, turning to Spy when he explains what Twilight forgot. “Ponies live up to three hundred years, for them, a human life is very fleeting.” He grabs a small white stick and lights it. “They do grow up like us as children up to the twenties, but stays in their prime way longer than a human.” Twilight smiled sheepishly that she forgot, and ponder how a human can do anything with such a short lifespan?

Well isn’t that a surprise. “I wasn’t aware those pastel ponies were a long-living species.” Miss Pauling remarks, she ignores the offended stare Twilight gives her. Instead, she turns to the latest information where the mercenaries are located. “We can think about the respawn later. Right now we have to gather those not under Grey’s control.”

“And retrieve Twilight’s Element.” Spike points out.

Miss Pauling eyes the small boy. “Oh right, of course.” Asking in a low voice only meant for Spy. “Why did you bring a small child?” Sure he does seem to have a soft spot for children, did show that one Smissmass or maybe he used that boy to get that crazy guy. Who knows?

“Spike refuses to leave Twilight’s side.” Spy replies, yes he would prefer Spike and Twilight return back to Equestria when things are far worse than he thought, but- “and we need Twilight, she is the owner of that artifact and I do not know what will happen if a wrong person gets hold of it.”

Seems like they have to deal with those two. “Point taken, but you are aware she will be a hindrance?” Both eye Twilight there walks very ungrateful over to the nearby sink, trying to hold the glass but has to ask Scout for help when she drops the first one.
Spy gives her a look there clearly says she does not has to remind him. “That’s why we need the others.”

***

As hoped, Miss Pauling knows the location of the other mercenaries. The first one they head over to get is Soldier, they find him inside an old castle with the backyard overrun by raccoons and a bit surprisingly, Merasmus is there as well. At least the wizard is not in a bad mood so they are spared a fight against him casting all kind of magic at their faces.

“The trip to Equestria have made Soldier more tolerable.” Merasmus admits to the three others as he offers them something to eat, which Spike gladly take. Glancing to the outside where Soldier is currently trying to train those rapid raccoons. “So I agreed to let him live here- with a few rules, one of them is that his "pets" stay outside.”

Twilight turns her gaze to the human she remembers as an olive green pegasus, looking closely she can sort of see the resembles, mostly because of that helmet Soldier always wear. Turning back to this Merasmus. “Maybe I should let Fluttershy speak with Soldier about pets if he ever—“

“Fluttershy?” Merasmus blinks, that is not a human name and now that he thinks about it, this young woman never introduced herself when the others came to fetch Soldier. “What was it you called yourself again young one?”

“Oh, I'm Twilight Sparkle,” Twilight introduces herself and nods to Spike who is busy stuffing his face in biscuits. “and this is Spike.”

“I take you both are ponies.” Merasmus presumes and is a bit surprised when Twilight replies. “I’m a pony, Spike is a dragon- a drake actually.” Eyeing the young child there is suppose to be a drake. Merasmus is quite surprised a drake hatchling was allowed to leave his clan. Drake parents are very protective of their eggs, he learned that when a male drake almost bit his head off when he stepped too close one of the nests while a friend of his- he sadly can no longer remember her name- went to speak with the drake queen. Brushing that ancient memory aside, Merasmus suggests the woman and two other mercenaries as not all humans will be as understanding as him. “I suggest you find a human name for Twilight Sparkle and Spike. No one will take them seriously with those names here in the human world.”

Twilight and Spike blink at this elderly man’s word, turning to Spy there replies Merasmus. “I will come up with some, but for now there is no need.”

“Very well, and before you go; miss Twilight.” Merasmus turns to the young pony. “What of the pony race are you?”

“Um, unicorn.” Twilight replies, quite taken off guard meeting somepo- someone outside the turned humans having a knowledge about Equestria.

“Your special talent?”

“Magic. Sir, how do you know about all of this?” Twilight asks.

“That makes it easier.” Merasmus muses and heads over to a door having big letters spelling ‘Soldier not allowed’. He disappears inside and calls back to reply to her question. “It’s a long story Miss Twilight, the short vision is that I once visited your world.” He searches his personal room and library, filled with books and artifacts he uses for his magic. Finding what he is looking for Merasmus grabs a wristband holding a yellow gem and hands it to Twilight. “This gem is infused with the wind of a great tornado. It will allow you to blow away any threat as I am sure you will encounter danger in your time here.” He puts it on her wrist, Twilight stares at it a few seconds, to then jump when he summons a doll there looks like Soldier. “Try it out.” He requests.

“I thought people can’t do magic in this world.” Twilight gasps seeing this human is using magic.

Merasmus chuckles. “A few people can and I; Merasmus, a wizard from ancient times are one of them!” He declares loudly, before clearing his throat, returning to normal volume. “Now, try and see you can use this artifact.”
Twilight waves her hand, being a unicorn makes it easier as she already knows how to activate magic back when she had a horn. A powerful wind blows the Soldier doll into the nearby wall, it disappears in a small explosion of magic. Merasmus nods. “Good.” and eyes the young child there is supposed to be a drake, that young kid eyes him with huge exciting eyes if he too will get a magical artifact but here, Merasmus hesitates. Sure drakes are the most magical of the four dragon species but he is not sure if he should give a child any artifacts. They can be dangerous for him.

“If you have something for Spike, kindly let him have it.” Spy says, well aware that even if he and the others will do their utmost in protecting them, danger can still come to them.

Merasmus nods and walks into his room, moments later he returns with a necklace holding a small flame. “This is the fire of a phoenix, with it; you can heal the wounds of your friends and do minor damage on your enemy.”

Spike lets this human put on the necklace, not as cool as Twilight wind hoofband but still useful as he can heal others- speaking of which. He turns to Twilight and while holding the necklace in the left, he lets this healing magic over the wound and heals it. Twilight stares at the now healed arm and Spike beams he can be useful in this world too. Both he and Twilight turns to this Merasmus, with Twilight saying. “Thank you.” The magical user of a human nod with a smile.

Not long after, the group- now with Soldier moves out. While driving in Spy’s car Twilight wonders out loud. “I wonder if he would be a unicorn in our world?”

“Probably.” Scout replies besides her. “Wouldn’t surprise me with all that magic he usually throws at us when Soldier pisses him off too much, we usually fight him every Halloween. Don’t worry he’s really tough.” He ensures Twilight when she gives him a worried look. “We haven't been able to kill him no matter how much crap we throw at him.”

“Sounds like a powerful unicorn.”

“He’s powerful but not very skilled.” Spy muses from his seat, he keeps a sharp eye on the car Miss Pauling drives with Soldier in the back, it does make him a bit calmer having a conversation. “Not that it matters, even though you two can now defend yourselves, don’t try and help us in a fight.” He glances briefly to the two Equestrians. “We aside from Miss Pauling cannot die if we get killed; we will return about ten minutes later.”

“Yeah, so don’t worry if you see one of us get blown up.” Scout grins to the two. Both nod with a very uncomfortable look on their faces. Not really seeing it Scout continues. “Still hurts like hell though, I still remember the first time I got blown up by Demo—“

“That's enough, Scout.”

Noticing the horrifying looks on Twilight and Spike faces, Scout realizes he might have said too much, he smiles weakly. “As we said; don’t worry about us. We will be fine.”

“… You sure?” Twilight asks slowly, it is not Scout there replies, instead it is Spy. “Remember, we are used of getting killed every single day in the War Games. We are all trained warriors, so whatever we are going to face will simply be another battle.” And the man glances back at her with a faint smirk. “Although it can’t beat what we have faced in Equestria, that last one was quite something.”
Twilight quirks a smile, that eases her down knowing that although this world is violent compared to Equestria, at least the enemy won’t be as world-changing dangerous to those they have faced in the past.
“Hold up, who did you fight?” Scout asks and Twilight spends the drive telling Scout about the battle against Discord. The youngest of the humans she knows to groan. “Aw man~! Why do I always miss the cool fights?”

“Says the one who saved the capital by tackling into a changeling queen and kicked some senses into another.” Spy remarks dryly, he hears his son snicker of that memory, followed by Scout says somewhat smugly. “Oh yeah, I got praised by the queen of the land itself. That was pretty cool.”

They drive into a mansion looking place, here Miss Pauling and Soldier step out from their car, his father does not bother leaving and apparently Scout's expression revealed his confusions as Spy explains soon after. “If memory serves correctly, this is Demoman’s home.”
Ah, so they are simply getting Cyclops, in their time of disbandment Scout realized he actually missed the team’s drunkard. Demo often treated him like a younger brother- speaking of which. “Say, um... how are things going in Equestria?” Scout asks unsure how to say this. For thinking about it again, he is still unsure about the fact that he is now an older brother.
Spy eyes him, after a moment he replies in a softer tone. “Everything is going well, quite busy with the two girls.”
Scout blinks, did he hear that right? “Girls?” Has he gotten two new siblings and they are girls?? But he has no idea how to act around girls unless he wants to date them!

“Twins, and quite the handful.” Spy replies with a smirk of the dumbfounded face Scout have.

“Besides from the stripes, they look like you.” Twilight adds in, and the two times she has seen those two fillies she must admit they are adorable. “And are very much how you were when Trixie turned you into a foal.”

Well, that’s unexpected, still, Scout is not entirely sure how to react on this, not that he needs to worry about it now as they have a job to do.

***

Miss Pauling stop the car outside a workshop by the name of Frontier Engineering; according to her files on the mercenaries, this is where Engineer is working. She walks inside but does stop halfway when Demo’s voice says in pleasured surprise. “Ey Twilight, didn’t recognize you there without that purple coat of yours.”
“Must say Demo, you have been the easiest one to recognize.” Twilight replies.
Miss Pauling turns around and watches Demo kneels down before the young child with a large grin. “And you must be Spike, how’s it doing little dragon?” The child smiles weakly, much to Demo’s surprise. Twilight explains him and Scout about a fight against some creature with the name of Discord there could bend reality just by snapping his fingers. Boy, is Miss Pauling happy she wasn’t in Equestria when that happened, dealing with minor stuff in that place was bad enough. She is quite happy being human and merely has to worry about getting that cache of Australium back to Helen and gather the team in order to fulfill that command.
After have told what would’ve sounded as a farfetched story but everyone in this group know better, Twilight turns to Miss Pauling, asking. “Who are we going to find here?” and Miss Pauling replies the once pony. “Engineer.” She walks into the workshop, inside they find two engineers but either is their Engineer.

Sitting on a table nearby is a chubby woman with short brown messy hair, several burn scars on the tan skin, the biggest on the right arm. This one turns to them, revealing she has yellow eyes, and those eyes shine when she spots the group walking inside. “Hia guys!” She greets them, jump off the table and in a cheerful manner trots over to them.
Spy, Demo and Scout stare at her for a few seconds, then Scout speaks when he realizes who she is. “Wait, Pyro?”
She nods. “That’s me!”

“Man, you look different without the suit and uh… scales.” Scout chuckles, seeing Pyro with a face and not that gasmask did remove several intimation points but those many burn scars along with Pyro having yellow eyes and being very muscular compared to other women he has seen still makes the team's firebug dangerous looking.

Pyro giggles. “Engie said I didn’t have to hide from the world anymore. So, I dropped the suit.“ Turning to the brown-haired young woman, unlike the others she recognizes her instantly. “Hia Twilight.” and picks up the boy she knows is her Element partner. “Aww~ you look cute as human Spike!” Pulling him into a bear hug.

Besides from getting almost crushed by his partner- who is now one of the smallest of these guys- he is quite happy to see Pyro again. It still does not change the embarrassment he feels what she just called him. “C-Cute? I’m not cute!” He argues up to her, face completely red from his fluster. Not that she cares
“You are a cute little boy, just as you were a cute little dragon.” Spike wishes he can make himself invisible as his mother from how the other guys (except Spy) are laughing at what Pyro is calling him.

“Pyro, where is Engineer?” Miss Pauling asks, probably saving that young boy further embarrassment as Pyro does put him down and replies her with a tilted head. “He’s not here. The woman from the speakers has him and Logan at her place.” That is the surprise to anyone, yes even Miss Pauling. “He’s with the Administrator? Why?”
Pyro shrugs. “Dunno, Engie only asked me to keep his workshop going until he returns.”
Well, if Helen has him then it means there is no way getting him on the team as she probably needs him more. No matter. “Pyro, I am assembling the team again, so I would ask you to join us.” Adding. “You can use your fire as much as you like.”

She has missed using her flamethrower, Dell only allows her setting things on fire at certain points. And Pyro would love to go with them, but… “I can’t, Engie told me to stay here.” Pyro nods to the somewhat busy workshop. She thinks that’s the least she can do after everything he has done for her, not only did he help her get real friends but also make sure she won’t return to that horrible hospital there caused Pyroland to be created in the first place.
Miss Pauling blinks, seemly being confused by her refusal, well Pyro is a bit surprised herself, usually knowing she can use fire and get invited back to Pyroland has been enough but after having seen the truth after have become whole again, well there was no longer need hiding in Pyroland. “I’m sorry, but… I’m not the monster you want any more.”

Wow, Pyro has actually declined the chance to set things and people on fire, she really has changed. No longer the mindless thing she hired in that cell of the insane asylum. “Do you mean you have gotten uncomfortable using the flamethrower?”
Pyro shakes her head with an almost innocent smile. “Oh no, I still have a ton of fun doing that, and if it has been on the playground- oh sorry War Games, I would’ve still set the others on fire, screams of terror doesn’t really bother me anymore.”

Said others shudder that even their bit saner firebug, Pyro still hasn’t lost the sinister side of setting anything ablaze. Explains why she got turned into a dragon.

“But I need to stay here, protect Engie’s workshop.” Pyro says steadfastly in her decision. Her partner thinks he understands why, after all, he is a dragon too. Spike cannot really voice this deep-rooted need to be with Twilight, want to make sure she is happy. All he knows that he understands why Pyro wants to protect Engineer’s home until he returns, but he also would like to have her on their search for the Element of Magic. “I know the feeling Pyro.” His partner eyes him, Spike scratches his arm slightly as he tries to voice something he hasn’t done much thought about before now. “I too wish to protect mine and Twilight’s home, and… watching her leave, it scares me more than anything, so when she leaves me in the library… I need to protect our home until she returns- until my clan is back.”

“Spike…” Twilight muses softly, somewhat startled of what Spike is saying, explains why he always clung to her when she returned after has been gone for hours, why he followed her to this world. It’s part of his Drake heritage, it seems unlike those with wings, those without wings are flock creatures and thus needs to be with their clan in order to feel safe.

Spike eyes her briefly before he turns back to Pyro. “You want to protect the home of what remains of your clan, but your clan is here.” He gestures at the other mercenaries, all being wise enough to stay quiet while he speaks with Pyro as a fellow dragon even though neither are one this very moment. The instincts of a Drake aren’t there, but even a human needs to be with those they care about. “And we need your strength.” Spike eyes his partner with a very important question in his mind. “Isn’t that more important?”

“Ay, lass, we could use that fire of yours.” Demo speaks, must say he is quite touched by how that kid to Spike spoke to Pyro on such an equal level. He realizes that only Engineer has done that and that was before she had scales and a face to show.

Scout may still be afraid of Pyro but at least has learned that she will not kill him as long he is friendly towards their pyromaniac. “Yeah, no one does Spy checking better than you.” Said Spy rolls his eyes from the wall he stands up against but otherwise does not speak. Scout has the feeling his old man does this to make those he does not trust think he does not care about the situation, but he knows better.

Pyro hesitates for a painfully long time, then she tells Miss Pauling. “Let me send the two workers home, and I’ll come with you.”
Miss Pauling nods and Pyro walk over to the two engineer’s, she sends them home, telling them this place won’t open for quite a while, but still with getting paid. With them out, she puts on her old suit, the red one for that’s the one she likes best and after having closed and locked the workshop Pyro follows the team on this mission.

Miss Pauling is quite happy how this team assembling is going, now she only needs Medic, Heavy and Sniper. Two of them she knows the location about, Medic is a bit of a mystery as he disappeared not long after they got attacked by their evil other.
She tries to call Heavy, hoping he will come on own account but all she got out from that was an old woman there told something she already knew: that Heavy lives so far out in the mountains that it is practically impossible to get a hold on him. But since he did not take the call, it seems she has to send the others to get him.
She commands Soldier, Pyro and Scout to go, after a moment of pondering she adds that Twilight should go as well. Mostly because she has noticed that everyone on the team, yes even Spy has somewhat of a soft spot for this young girl and figure that Twilight will have a good chance butter Heavy up to join them. Miss Pauling, along with Demo, Spy and Spike will go to Teufort for two reasons, one because Helen asked her to meet her there and two, Spy mention something about he would like to capture Scout’s other. Miss Pauling does wonder the reason to why, part of her doesn’t want him to torture info out from Scout, but another reminds her that she cannot change the fact that Spy just doesn’t care about his own son.
With that set, Miss Pauling send the first team to Siberia.

At Teufort, Spy disappears in his own mission, no surprise there. Miss Pauling put Demoman on babysitting the very nervous Spike and she hurries over to the ally the note said the meeting would happen, and at the strike of noon, Miss Pauling hears her boss and mentor’s voice.

“Miss Pauling.”

Miss Pauling steps into the alley, spotting Helen who is keeping her identity hidden by wearing a large hat and coat, no surprise there, the woman does have a lot of enemies. “Oh thank god.” Miss Pauling is so relieved to see her boss alive and alright, quickly giving Helen her progress. “I’ve almost gotten the team together like you asked. I found out Spy was still alive, he’s currently dealing with Scout’s other. I tracked Heavy to Siberia and—“
“Don’t come in here!” The Administrator commands her harshly.
Miss Pauling stops and cannot help but feel… well rejected by this. She is Helen’s most trusted assistant and she is getting shunned away? “Um okay?” Still, she knows her loyalty and leaves the ally, instead learns up against the wall but unable not to worry about the only person she could form any attachment to after she was forced to abandon her mother when she no longer could hide her slow aging. “Are you… are you alright Admini—“

“No, I am NOT alright!” Helen interrupts her assistance harshly. “Nothing is alright, and I do not have time to pretend to be your friend, Miss Pauling!” She loathes the thoughts of having such a hindrance, all she needs is a loyal assistance. “Now shut up and listen to me!” Miss Pauling is quiet and looking at her body language of feeling rejected, Helen sighs and pretends she cares for this young looking woman. “I apologize. You’ve done well and I’m… proud of you” Even though Miss Pauling should be a middle age woman, thanks to the respawn. Her mind and body are still stuck as one at the early age of twenty. Helen has more than once considered connecting herself to that machine, but after having lost over a hundred mercenaries to it, several of them just dropped dead on the spot. She realized it was just too risky and instead stuck to prolong her life with Australium. And speaking of the very stuff keeping her alive. “But we don’t have time. Please just listen.”
And she is glad that Miss Pauling does just that. “The cache of Australium you are after, you are no longer the only one looking for it. Grey has hired former mercenaries, all are still connected to the respawn but not the same way as your team. They went AWOL not long after they got connected and has been working as guns for hires ever since. That's not all: According to my sources, those who stole the cache has dropped it for the time being.” She lights up a cigarette. “In other words: you are running out of time. If Grey gets the hand of this cache, we are looking forward to several decades of long battles and if the thieves return, we will never see this cache again.” She pulls out a note and hands it to her loyal assistance. “Finish gathering your men and get to that cache quickly. Meet me at these coordinates once you have it.”

Miss Pauling takes the note. “Yes ma’am” and has to ask the Administrator about what Pyro told her. “Is it true you have Engineer with you?”

Helen nods. “Correct, he is currently working on a project of mine.”
Mr. Conagher was unwilling at first thanks to the reveal of what the company did to his soul, but after have ensured his brat’s safety, the man is now dutifully working on a better machine to refine the Australium there keeps her alive.

“I still haven’t found Medic.”

That one is a lost cause. “Forget about him.” Helen tells her hard. Getting Medic and the others back from those three women mind-bending control is straight out impossible, they are on Greys side now. “Gather the men you have and get my Australium. And if you run into any of those Grey has on his side or the thieves…”

Miss Pauling wants to say that they can handle them, but with Twilight and Spike in tow and several of the mercenaries other halves on this new team’s side… well, Miss Pauling is not so sure they can fight them. “It will be problematic but I am sure the mercs can handle it.”

Helen thinks otherwise. “No, you have to get the Australium first and run. Do not engage those men, especially not the thieves, do you hear me?”

Okay, it seems this is a bigger issue than she thought. “I understand.” Miss Pauling nods

Meanwhile, deeper in town, Spy is not as lucky, Scout’s evil side has left and there is a great chance he’s with Grey. So all he can hope now is even in that state that Scout has been smart enough to keep his mouth shut about the relationship he shares with him. With no other option, he has to return back to the others— oh, before he does so, he might as well report back to his new boss in form of the princess. He goes through the portal, does stumble a bit when he is back in his changeling form. Spy walks outside the room holding this portal mirror and stops at the guard pony keeping watch of this room. “Get the princess, it’s urgent.” The guard pony nods and runs off. Not long after, Celestia, along with her sister Luna arrive.

“Is everything alright on the other side? Are Twilight and Spike safe?” Celestia asks him, the hint of worry does not go unnoticed for the changeling.

“No to both, a fight is brewing and they soon will be stuck in the middle of it.” Spy replies and must admit. “I would prefer those two returned back here. Question about the Element; can any of us take the Element of Magic without any consequence?”

Celestia frowns lightly on what this changeling has told her, it is quite worrying indeed. “Here in Equestria, a none bearer can carry it but not use it. However, I do not know the same rule applies in your world.” She admits and has no idea how it will react in a world without magic. “As much I hate to say it, Twilight needs to stay.”

Luna eyes her sister once, well aware that this commands pains her. Turning to the changeling, she does her own command. “You who came here got chosen for a reason. You need to protect Twilight and Spike, return them and the Element of Magic back to where they belong.”

Spy nods that he understands and after a small bow of respect, he jumps back to the human world. Again he stumbles a bit when getting turned into a two-legged form. Does quickly recover and after have corrected the suit Rarity gave him, he returns back to where Miss Pauling left Demo and Spike.
The Administrator assistance is already there.
“Where’s Scout?” She asks and Spy replies in his usual stoic tone. “I couldn’t find him, probably already returned back to Grey’s base.”

“Bloody hell.” Demo gasps, getting the strong sense that with one of Scout’s halves around Grey, Spy might be blackmailed if Scout has revealed he is the son of this man. Pretty much anyone on the team now knows the secret between him and Scout, so that secret can very easy get revealed. “You’re going to have one hell of a time.”

Spy groans, covering his eyes. “Yes, I am aware.” This is exactly what he feared would happen if the truth about his relationship with Jeremy got out. Only one good thing that he’s not alone with this issue anymore.

Miss Pauling shift her eyes between the two, she does not like this sense of being left out of what they are talking about. Whatever it is, it worries Spy greatly. “We better hurry and get the rest of the team.” She tells them and heads over to the car, Spy follows and Demo does as well- after he has lifted Spike up on his shoulders.

Author's Note:

whew, this was quite the long chapter. must give Miss Pauling the credit for gathering the team this fast.
must admit that I was highly considering taking the comic way on how they got Pyro, but my vision of the firebug is way saner and can be talked to. of course if Miss Pauling did set a whole floor on fire my Pyro would still come to admire the flames.

PreviousChapters Next