• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 2,898 Views, 80 Comments

Living Darkness - vildtiger

  • ...
9
 80
 2,898

PreviousChapters Next
Snipers Hunting Trip

<b>Note: this happens two weeks after the last chapter. it's not made from any tf2 comic or mlp episode.</b>

**Human world**

The mercs reside inside a safe house the Vanguard team has been using before they claimed the alpha respawn building as their base, apparently what Miss Pauling understood, the AWOL team has places like this all over the country, even has a few all the way over in Europe. Miss Pauling must admit she is impressed, these save houses probably has been the reason why Helen hasn’t been able to capture and get them under her control again. That and of course it does comes in handy having the son of Ace and two spies around, all three having a web of contacts and thus not much gets past their attention.
Miss Pauling has however taken notice that the Vanguard team is only on top as long as they have the information and enough time to prepare for certain attacks. This team, unlike the mercs of team Fortress, Jack’s team is not built for aggressive tactics and therefore forced to be extremely careful. The only reason they defeated team Fortress was because they had respawn and these powers the alpha respawn gave them.
Miss Pauling hasn’t tried to see if the tree grants her power, she figures that she is not on its good side and only has a limited number on how many times she can respawn.
Speaking of respawn, this safehouse has one, built by a former engineer, which Francis later upgraded it to reach them further away, so dying won’t be a problem in this untouched forest. Currently the two doctors are using the room where the respawn resides, what they both told: the machine is the last step to restore Cowboy back to his former self.
She sorta hopes it will succeed, that whole thing Medic did to Cowboy is the main reason why the Vanguard team are wary of them.
Her train of thoughts breaks when the Vanguard Pyro offers her a cup of tea. “Here, thought you might want something warm.” He says. Miss Pauling is a bit caught off guard by this but being polite she takes the cup and drinks the homemade tea. It is quite good, has much more taste than the tea she buys in the shopping mall. “Thanks.” He simply nods and leaves, joining the heavy and female engineer in playing in some game Miss Pauling does not recognize.
Miss Pauling turns her gaze away when she spots Sniper leaves but quickly stop to pay him any mind and instead ponder if she should ask the Vanguard Scout of what is going on as it feels like the whole team is waiting for something.

Lawrence steps outside this hidden hut out in the middle of a grand and mostly untouched forest. For once he does not mind of just sitting around, waiting for whatever the other team is waiting on. But to his surprise, Lawrence notices that he’s not the only one who got the idea to enjoy the nature that surrounds them. He spots the other sniper— for most it would look like he is just wandering aimlessly around but for Lawrence, he can see that Garry is tracking something. Curious he walks over to the blond man and before he can ask, Garry asks him. “What do these tell you?” Nodding to the prints in the somewhat muddy forest floor. Lawrence kneels down, follows the prints with his hands and only takes a moment to see what Garry also saw in them. “There is a big pig nearby, wounded on its left foreleg. Wolf maybe?”

“Doubt it, wolves go for the back, not the front leg. My guess is a rival, don’t you think eh?” Garry remarks with a smile and is glad there is for once one who can read tracks as him. “I’m planning on hunting this boar down. We won’t be leaving at least until a few days and I could need some wild meat.” Eyeing the Aussie, still smiling. “Want to join me fellow hunter?”

Hell yeah, he’s going to join him. It's been ages he last went on a proper hunt. “Yeah, I’ll join.” Lawrence nods, the other sniper is quite satisfied with his answer.

“Good, you know how to use a bow? We can’t risk exposing ourselves by the sound of a sniper rifle.”

Lawrence nods on both, and Garry is kind enough to borrow him a bow as the only one he got is the one Celestia gave him and that bow cannot kill. Even though it’s useless in this world, he refuses to throw it out as that silver bow is just too gorgeous, plus a gift from a royal.

Marcos meets the two hunters on the way back, after Garry has told him they are going out to catch some food, he briefly explains them. “Alright, the meeting with the customer should be done when you have returned.” and explains on both of their mildly confused faces. “We need to smuggle a small family out from the iron curtain, will be tricky but he is paying well.”
“Be sure to give us all the details when we return.” Garry requests, Marcos promises he will and they go each their way.

The two hunters track the wounded boar deeper into the forest, Lawrence eyes Garry and can see this other man is used to walk in the wild. Like himself, Garry movements leave little trace and he is very mindful where he is stepping. They follow the tracks and they find it in at a small clearing, the two seek cover behind a bush, watching their prey. The beast is limping but it’s clear it won’t go down without a fight from how it does not look fully bothered by its wound.
Lawrence aims at the boar, blinks when Garry corrects his hands but figures the man maining a bow knows what he is doing and when done correcting, Garry steps back and whispers to him. “Aim for the leg, you won’t be able to kill it from this angle.” Lawrence nods, aims the arrow at the already wounded left hindleg and shoots. The boar squeals in pain, topples over but does get back up and starts running, not fast though thanks to the wound it got from the fight and the arrow now stuck in its leg.
Lawrence and Garry quickly take pursuit.

Garry takes the lead, leaps onto a fallen tree trunk and unlike his fellow hunter who needs to stand still in order to aim properly, his mastery of this weapon makes him able to make the shot way quicker, even if he’s on the move. He shoots an arrow, hitting the boar right in the neck. It staggers several steps then falls to the ground, still alive though. “Darn it.” Garry curses, he really hoped that arrow would’ve made a clean kill. But it didn’t and now they have to risk approaching the beast and finish it off, and something tells him this boar still have enough to put up a fight.
Glancing to Lawrence, the other hunter has realized this too from the deep frown over his forehead. Without a word the two pull out each of their melee weapons and wary approaches the grunting and struggling to get on its feet beast.
This time Lawrence takes the lead, holding his kukri ready to either finish off the beast or use it to defend himself. Garry stays back, readying another arrow just in case the boar would get up.

Quickly Lawrence steps over to the boar, ready the kukri and about to put his hand on the beast’s head so he can make the killing blow but the second he touched the head, the boar leaps up and bites his hand. He lets out a loud curse, both from the pain and in surprise this beast caught him. Before it can really mess up his trapped hand, Garry shoots an arrow into its side, getting the boar’s attention just long enough for Lawrence to plunges his kukri right into its throat and the beast bleed out in seconds. It drops onto his trapped arm and its weight forced him down onto the ground as well.

“You alright there?” Garry calls the moment he’s sure the boar is dead.

Getting his hand free from the beast, Lawrence pushes it away and gets up from the muddy forest floor. “Yeah, didn’t get a proper hold.” Both look down to the slain boar and after a moment of silence, Garry eyes him with: "At least it didn't run when it caught you, but it would've made one hell of a story, eh?" Lawrence chuckles at that remark and must nod in agreement that would've made a way more interesting story. "Yeah, but we could say it did."
"We could, not like the others would know." Garry agrees, both laughs at the idea dramatize the boar's retaliation and Lawrence must admit. “First time I’ve done a hunt along with someone, and killed a boar. I usually hunt kangaroo and crocodile.”
Garry walks over and removes the arrows from the boar. “I always bring people on my hunts, we did once take down a boar. That one put up a fight as well. But then again, so do I.” He gestures at the scratch marks scar over his face. “Would’ve been more than scarred if I haven't.”
Now that he does speak about that scar. “What animal gave you that one?” Lawrence asks sincerely curious about the story of that scar, he can clearly see it is coming from a large cat but which he does not know. He has never faced a big wild cat in Austraila’s bush.

“A cougar, beautiful creature but you better hope not meeting one without a weapon.” Garry replies, he returns the arrows to the quiver.

“I can say the same about crocodiles.” Lawrence remarks and tells the man about the one that almost took his leg when he wasn't looking where he was going, he even shows the scar he got from that encounter. The two help each other to carry the slain boar back to base and when they return, they are talking about their many hunting stories in such a way that it sounds like they have been friends for years. Lawrence must say he has never tried acquaintance turns to friendship this quickly before, but he and Garry just click.

A few of the other mercs hanging outside turns around at the voices of the two snipers chatting about their past hunting trips, and in the way they are talking, Sophia just can’t help herself. “Birds of a feather flock together.” She tells them, smiling.
Lawrence and Garry blink, stare first a bit confused at her, then at one another and they laugh with Lawrence saying sheepishly. “Yeah, something like that...” She's glad Garry has gotten himself well acquainted with the other sniper but she’s not really surprised, that Canadian has a talent in forming friendships on a dime.

Tavish walks over to them, whistle at the sight of what they caught. “Bloody hell that’s a big pig.”

“We are a lot of people too, eh?” Garry grins and the two puts the boar down and leaves with: “I and Lawrence caught it, now some of you have to cook it.”
The others laugh, even Sophia rolls amused her eyes by that cheeky remark but she can see the point. "That someone is going to be Wei." She notices that Lawrence is hurt and tells him. “Our two medics finished attending to Francis not long ago, you should let them look at it.” Gesturing at the wound.

“It looks worse than it is.” Lawrence deflects the suggestion, then jerks off-guard when this female spy suddenly is a bit too close for comfort, he does not step back since she keeps him locked with that sweet smile of hers. “Oh, there is no need to act tough around me, Lawrence. I already know you’re one handsome man.” She gently strokes her fingers over his chin. Lawrence blushes, he knows she is playing him, she is a spy after all but it’s hard to ignore the fact she is a very beautiful woman and has a sexy voice. “Eh…” He tries to speak but has no idea how to responds. Kreel smiles and finishing the flirting touch over his chin. “Let the doctors look at you, it would be such a shame if we lost that rugged face of yours.” Red like a tomato but too flustered to even try points out that he will just respawn, Lawrence does as she suggested and is more than flustered that she wrapped him around her finger.

Sophia giggles on how easy that was, clear Fortress sniper is not used be flirted with she will have a ton of fun with this one. He looks quite cute when flustered.
“How’s Francis?” Garry asks, snapping her out from her ideas how to tease the Aussie. “Did they succeed?” She nods they indeed have to her team's sniper. “They did, though it took its toll on him, so he is currently resting from the whole ordeal.” but even with Francis restored, she is far from trusting Josef and won’t hesitate in killing him for real if he ever gets any smart ideas.

“That’s good to hear.” Garry smiles and heads into the house to hear what this new contract Marcos spoke about is really about.

**Later that very night**

Lawrence has been giving the night watch, not that he minds, it’s nice to be surrounded by the sounds of only the creatures of the night and be a bit away from the more noisy members he shares a room with-- especially Kreel who has been teasing him nonstop with that flirting of hers. "Darn flirty spook..." he grumbles and after have scanned the area, Lawrence returns back to carving the branch he found. &nbsp;
Lawrence doubts anyone but them knows about this place but like most of the members on team Vanguard; he doesn't really want to argue with Jack’s high vigilance as the man has a reason to be a bit paranoid. Probably what has saved the team several times from the Administrator clutches during the years.
A sound that does not belong to an animal and coming from inside the base shift Lawrence attention to the door, he blinks when Pyro- without a mask joins him. He opens his mouth to voice his confusions but the firebug interrupts him by asking a rather strange question. “Can you find something important?” He raises a brow and she explains. “Something been lost long time, you can find it if you leave them behind.”
Lawrence’s frowns deepens, not sure why but something feels off, sure Pyro speaks about weird things but never like this. “What the bloody hell are you talking about?” He asks and ponders if this is Kreel messing with him again.
Pyro eyes him and for a split second, her amber eyes shift into emerald green, that catches him off guard, enough that he does not interrupt when Pyro speaks again. “The seeds are growing, the past has to be known. The wrong choice cannot be taken again.”
Lawrence stares at her, then the sound of a twig breaking snaps his attention to the forest, the black dressed spy appears from his mission. He stops not far from Lawrence with: “At ease, I know I’m hard to be seen in the dark but I rather not go through respawn this late at night.” First there Lawrence realizes he has drawn his submachine gun, lowering it, he turns back to the very eerie talking Pyro… she’s gone. where did she go? He checks the area but finds no signs of her.

Marcos frowns at how paranoid the Fortress sniper is acting. “How long have you been awake?” He asks, the sniper meets his eyes and asks rather confused. “Didn’t you see our Pyro?” He shakes his head. “No, only you acting like Jack when he hasn’t gotten enough sleep.”
The sniper eyes the tree stump again, musing. “Did I imaged it?” Okay, this guy cannot do more sentry duty for the night. “I’ll get Rune to take the shift, you should get some rest.” He tells the sniper and walks inside to fetch his team’s pyro.

“Oi, I can finish my shift!” Lawrence argues annoyed that this black dressed spy thinks he cannot do three-hour sentry duty. The spy appears from the base, for a second Lawrence prepares himself for an insult as Antoine would’ve done, but instead the man points out with a sincere tone. “I don’t underestimate your abilities but you are not thinking straight and that can make you do mistakes. It’s best to be safe than sorry.”
Lawrence stares baffled at the man, one who spoke as if he is aware of how much it means to be there for the team.
Before Dell left, the man did say these guys have the Elements of Harmony colors, and from how Marcos here spoke, Lawrence thinks he just found out who of team Vanguard carry the same element as him. Quite weird really since he is a spy— and there he has to remind himself this man is not Antoine. “Alright.” He sighs and follows the man inside, before Marcos leaves he asks just to be sure. “You’re certain you didn’t see my team's Pyro?”
The black spy eyes him, no sign of irritation that someone wastes his time in those blue orbs as Antoine so often has. “I only saw you.” Lawrence nods, the spy leaves and he heads to his room, pondering what this illusion Pyro had said, it didn’t make any sense but something tells him it was quite important. &nbsp;


**A couple of days later**

A man in the late thirty walks nervously into the warehouse he was told to arrive in at this time of early morning. He clutches the small suitcase as he is still unsure if this was such a good idea. He was told to go here by the man there made the promise that this team would help him with his problem. Still, this is dangerous times and for all he knows, this could be a trap.

“Mr. Tymon.”

Mr. Tymon jumps in fright and snaps to the person standing in the shadows, it is hard to make out the man thanks to his black clothing and mask, not at all helping on his already ragged nerves. “Y-Yes?” He replies fearfully.
The man steps into the light, only there Mr. Tymon calms down when it reveals this the same black dressed man there told about these mercenaries in the first place. “The team has agreed to take the job, do you have the money?”
The huge relief makes him falter for a moment, does quickly pull himself together and hands the masked man the suitcase filled with the requested money.
The masked man opens the suitcase, and closes it as soon he knew the money are legit. “We expect the other half of the payment when we return with your wife and children. If you fail to deliver, then we cannot promise the safety of your family.” Mr. Tymon nods scared, well aware of the risk and he is willing to pay if it means the safety of his family. “I will have the money ready. Just— please return them safely. The... The other people I hired never returned.”

This last part catches Black Spy’s attention. “Who else did you hire?” These other freelancer mercs could be a problem.

“Two men, one masked like you, the other… well, his face was really messed up.”

Black Spy nods and after the client has left, he uses the hidden teleporter which gets destroyed by Engie the moment he returns to their current base. He hands his own teams heavy the suitcase and joins the others in the operation room. They are currently discussing how to get past the Iron curtain— the invisible line that cuts through Europe and the Soviet Union.
He walks up beside Tristan and whispers in their mother’s languages to his brother. “/Father took this mission but abandoned it for some reason./”
Tristan snorts, not loud enough to get the others attention though. “/Why does that not surprises me./” He replies with a sneer, Black Spy does not reply, he knows that trying to defend their father is no use. Tristan won’t stop loathing the master spy who happens to be their father… not that he can blame his brother though. Their father has never taken a side to anything other than his own.
He turns his attention on the plan Jack is telling the others.

“— when Francis, Kreel and Lawrence have put down the portal, we will move out, get the family out and leave.” Jack explains the team. “We can’t risk a shootout in that city, for according to Miss Pauling—” nodding to said woman. “there are no respawn covering that particular city. If we die there, then it’s game over. Now, is there anyone not sure what their job is?” No one speaks up, so he takes everyone know what to do. “Good” and tells the first team to move out.

On the way out, Sniper stops when Ignis suddenly tells him. “Keep an eye out for the white rabbit.” He eyes the alicorn, confused about why he would say such a weird thing. Ignis shrugs apologetically. “That’s all I can tell you.”
Sniper hesitates but does ask. “One of these future visions?” Ignis nods, well that makes sense and yet not. “What’s about this white rabbit?”

“I do not fully understand it myself, only that this white rabbit is important.” Ignis explains the mortal man, the vision he got did show him this mission will not go well... it showed him the mercs getting split apart by darkness. Those who dodged the darkness got getting swarmed by birds that destroyed everything they touched, to then be swallowed by fire along with the Conduit of the Elements. The only light in all of this was a badly wounded and alone Sniper, taken away by a white ghost rabbit. The man needs to go with it in order to survive and… find the memories of Nebula…
Ignis does not know how to stop this fast approaching disaster, only he has to be on his toes as his fire magic might be the only thing that can save them. The man before him, however, can only be saved by the ghost rabbit.

Sniper stares at the man who wants to be vague at a stupid timing. “...Right.” He replies slowly, not entirely sure how to react to all the weirdness that has been going on lately. He will keep an eye out but unless it proves important then he has better things to worry about than a white rabbit. &nbsp;

**Many hours later, Sweden airport**

The drive and plane ride has been one of the most awkward for Sniper and that’s saying a lot as it takes him longer than most to notice such things, but even he felt the awkwardness between Kreel and Cowboy. They were polite to the extent if became cringe-worthy, acting as if they walked on eggshells around one another. He has no idea what’s the deal is with those two, only that he thinks he rather wants a hostile tension than this awkward politeness they have going.
Kreel uses her charm on one of the guards, persuading him to let them through with the teleporter and their weapons. Sniper notices that Cowboy keeps staring at those Kreel flirt with, he’s not sure why though, only the engineer grows tense, as if ready to shoot every time the man she flirts with gets touchy. Maybe he is protective to a fellow team member? That’s Sniper guess anyway. His confusion raises further when they pass the man and Cowboy makes a remark he did not understand but the guard sure did as the man lets out a snort as if annoyed, then after a few words that sounds somewhat threatening; both Cowboy and the guard starts laughing.
Still chuckling Cowboy leaves the guard and after have noticed the confusions on Sniper's face, he briefly exp. "My country and Sweden has an amusing relationship with one another. Like brothers who resent yet still love the other." Sniper does not reply, he does not know what it means to have siblings and thus not sure how it feels like to have an annoying sibling. He ponders about that as they leave the airport.
After a long silence on the road, Kreel speaks: “It’s too late for us to find a suitable boat.” And at the driver seat Cowboy nods. “Right.”
Sniper, on the other hand, does not have in mind simply agreeing to the female spy. “Wouldn’t it be easier to steal a boat during the cover of night?” and to his slight annoyance, Kreel apparently has Cowboy wrapped so much around her finger when the man argues for her. “If we steal a boat, then the coast guard will give us more trouble than they are worth.”
Sniper internally rolls his eyes but is surprised when Kreel speaks in the same tone as Cowboy did. “Cowboy is right, best to keep our heads low as much as possiple.” Sniper eyes the two, no longer able to keep his mouth shut about it. “Do you two have a problem with one another?”

“No.” Both spy and engineer say hard at the same time. The Fortress sniper raises a brow and Cowboy tells him still with that hard tone. “It won’t affect the mission.”

Sniper nods slowly, he believes it won’t but he still rather want hostile tension over this, at least there he knows what he is dealing with.
Cowboy stops the car at a hotel and not the cheap kind Miss Pauling puts them in when during missions away from the battlefield. No, this is one Spook would prefer to stay at and that makes Sniper frown. “Isn’t this too expensive and flamboyant?” He asks. Kreel laughs as if he said a joke. “You clearly have no idea who you are dealing with here.” and leaves.
Sniper eyes Cowboy, now the man has a goofy smile on his face, which only caused more confusions for him. “I don’t get the two of you.” &nbsp;

Cowboy snorts a chuckle at Sniper’s remark and eyes the sniper with the cloned vision of his earlier eyes, the scars around them are the only signs of what he has been through but something he can live with. “Yeah, we get that a lot.” He replies. They wait for about a half hour, then he gets the coded message from the small radio Chio made them, gives him the sign of what back-story she has chosen for this place. It’s the rich movie star with the hot clerk, not his favorite but could’ve been the mobster, which is a pain in the neck as he still has trouble doing the Russian accent so he’s not complaining. “Alright Lawrence, time to put on a show for our rooms.” He tells the sniper, pulls out two disguise kits used for something just like this. One of them he hands to Sniper. “Number three should do it. As long you don’t open your mouth, it’s not made for an Aussie like you.” and he finds the disguise of the movie star built for this back-story. Before leaving though he does a quick double check on the movies the man he’s disguised as has been doing lately. Good thing Sophia is a megafan of that guy.
Sniper sends him a stare of disbelief. “You gotta be bloody kidding me.”
Cowboy leaves the car and puts on the disguise of that movie star. “This or sleep in the car, your choice.” He tells the Aussie, and after have made sure the disguise surrounds him correctly, Cowboy heads to the hotel.
Sniper grumbles but does leave the car and puts on the disguise of an agent.

“Not a word, and keep up that scowl.” Cowboy adds, Sniper raises a brow but does not voice his question, instead simply follows the blond man inside the hotel.

**ten minutes later**

“I can’t believe that worked…” Sniper whispers to the two inside the elevator after have gotten past the clerk who— without much issue let them get one of the hotel’s best room without having to pay for them!
Kreel giggles as if he’s being silly. “Oh please, underestimate a woman's charm does not look good on you.” Which causes Sniper to blush in embarrassment.
They find the room they scammed themselves into, &nbsp;Sniper whistle as step inside. This single room could fit his camper, and even though it’s not extremely fancy, it still has an elegant style and beds big enough to fit three men each.
Kreel waltz past him. “Now if you will excuse me, this lady needs a long warm bath.” and disappears into the bathroom where she will probably stay for an hour or so.
Cowboy puts down the teleporter and the bag holding their weapons into the wardrobe, grabs a magazine and without paying the room much mind, he takes a seat on the couch and starts reading.
Sniper does not move, he’s honestly not used to be in a hotel room that offers more than just a measly shower and a bed. Now the one feeling awkward, he walks over to the couch and turns on the television. Not like there is anything special for him and if there was, then he does not get a word of what the people are saying. Only it sounds a bit like Medic when he starts singing in his drunken state. Speaking of accents, Cowboy does sound a bit like Medic, just a bit more- for a lack of a better word; bland. The man was able to speak with the people here without a problem but he does not think he’s from Sweden, Cowboy does not have the same dialect.
Kreel appears from the bathroom about an hour later and again she and Cowboy got this awkwardness around them, it soon got too much for Sniper. “I’ll be outside.” He tells the two and leaves the room to get some fresh air.

Kreel watches the man leave and is not sure if she should giggle or feel sorry for Sniper that he was caught in her and Francis uncertainty about their relationship, she turns to Francis and he too eyes the door, frowning slightly. She must say she had hoped to get some privacy and with the Aussie out of the way: “Francis, we need to talk.” She speaks in a serious tone.

That they indeed have to, these past months have really screwed up their relationship. “Yeah, we should.” He muses and puts down the magazine. The pain and anger he felt, it consumed him and that in turn hurt the woman he loves. “It was wrong of me to push you away like that, but…” He sighs, Sophia takes a seat before him, quietly listening to what he has to say about this subject. “It wasn’t the pain that caused me to lash out, you know how high my pain tolerance is.” She nods. “I was angry because I kept seeing myself as a hindrance for the team– for you… I couldn’t do anything to aid anyone, and even though you tried, I noticed the pity and…” Francis fists his hands and is glad the powers of the Alpha respawn isn’t activated from the anger he feels. “...You have no idea how frustrating it was to be the invalid man everyone constantly needed put into their consideration. More than once I wanted to leave, spare you the trouble; but Tristan wouldn't let me.”

Note to self: thank Tristan to keep Francis on leaving the team. Sophia has been aware of her husband’s anger but never the full reason to it, she always thought he was angry at Josef but now she realizes that the true reason for his anger was from how useless he felt. She wishes she can say she and the others should’ve let him do more but… “There was nothing we could’ve done... no, matter how much we– you wanted, you couldn't help the same way you did before.” Francis nods that she is indeed right.
A long and uncomfortable silence rings through the room, only broken from her burning question. “Do you still love me?”

“I never stopped.” Francis replies without hesitating and thinks that his love to her and the comradely of the others have been the only things that kept him from losing himself completely. He hesitates but only for a second before his boldness nature steps in and he leans over to kiss the woman he loves. Sophia wraps her arms around his neck, letting her body closer to his. Oh, how he has missed her embrace, feeling her close again is like a warm wind blowing through the frozen winter.
The moment is however broken by the sound of the door open, Francis breaks the contact with his wife, reaching for his pistol but when it proves to be Lawrence, he eases up and like Sophia, has trouble not laughing at the embarrassed look the man has over the face from having interrupted their tender moment.
Without a word the Aussie leaves and a moments later, both he and Sophia burst out laughing. “He seriously needs a girlfriend.” Francis remarks still laughing.
She nods in agreement through her more than amused giggles before she returns smooching her husband.

Author's Note:

some more team interaction and thanks to Ignis we know that what comes ahead will not go well.

PreviousChapters Next