• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 2,898 Views, 80 Comments

Living Darkness - vildtiger

  • ...
9
 80
 2,898

PreviousChapters Next
Bound by Magic

<b>Note: This happens a week after the last chapter.
made from the episode "Magical Mystery Cure."</b>

It’s the height of summer, and such a lovely day, Twilight trots around town and has a feeling this be a great day, but her cheerful moment is however drowned when Rainbow Dash get that smart idea in splashing water on her, ruining her good mood. “Rainbow Dash, that's not funny!” She calls up to the clouds, but to her great surprise, she does not get replied by a snorting laugher of Rainbow Dash. Instead, she gets an apology from Rarity. “Terribly sorry, darling. I'm afraid I'm... I'm not good with the thundery ones.” Twilight gasps when she notices that not only is Rarity trying to control the weather but her cutie mark of three purple gems has been replaced with Rainbow Dash’s cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt cutie mark. “What happened to your cutie mark?” She asks Rarity in shock, the sense of this day is going to get worse increases when Rarity asks clueless of the wrongness of this scene. “Whatever do you mean, Twilight? I'm simply doing what I've done since the day it first appeared.” She levitates the rainclouds into a square pattern. “Does my sky look fabulous or what?” It would if it has been on clothing, but on the sky where half of the dark clouds snow and the other half shooting out lightning bolts, it does not work. The towns ponies, for some reason not seeing that Rarity is not meant for this start complaining about the mess she made.
Twilight decides to trot over and ask Time-Turner in what is going on. “Where’s Rainbow Dash?”

The earth pony stallion turns away from Rarity and tells her. “Last time I saw her, she was busy making…" he winches uncomfortably. "ponies laugh.”

Twilight frown confused hearing this. “Do you mean she is pranking ponies?” Gasping horrified when Time-Turner replies as if it always has been like this. “Why wouldn’t she be? It’s her life goal apparently.” Twilight hurries back home and checks Spike’s basket as she really needs his assistance right now, he’s not there and no matter how much she searches, her number one assistant is not here. Instead, she finds Fluttershy cleaning up the place. “Fluttershy?” Twilight calls and trots over to her friend. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh um, I’m sorry, you didn’t want the shelves getting cleaned?” Fluttershy asks, lowering her head and points at the kitchen. “You wanted breakfast instead? I can do that, what would you like I can make—“

“What happened to your cutie mark?” Twilight interrupts her, she’s starting to get really scared about this whole situation. The pegasus’s flank has a spot of scales instead of her three pink butterflies cutie mark. “Where’s Spike?”

Fluttershy blinks confused about these questions. “What do you mean Twilight? I don’t have a cutie mark. And I am pretty sure Spike is busy working at the farm— um, would you like pancakes or… um never mind.” She muses when Twilight gallops out. Unsure Fluttershy returns back to clean the whole place, again.

Twilight indeed finds Spike at the Apple's farm, poor drake is trying to harvest apples but he is not strong enough to shake the tree so instead, he has to climb up after them. Twilight does not call for him, already aware something is very wrong and he wouldn’t know it. Instead, she helps him get the apples down. Spike lets out a sigh of relief. “Thanks. Twi.” He jumps down from the tree, revealing that on his hide is Applejacks cutie mark. He starts pushing the barrel back to the farm. “What brings you here?”
Twilight follows him slowly. “I wanted to check up on you.”

“That’s nice.” Spike smiles but has to make this meeting short for his has a lot of apples to harvest. “Sorry Twilight, but I really need for back to work.”

Twilight lets him, much to her sorrow it’s clear that he too is affected by whatever is going on. Wishing for answers, she heads over to Zecora’s hut, hoping the zebra perhaps has some idea what is going on. But instead of finding Zecora, she finds Pinkie stuffing random stuff into the cauldron, a few of those made colorful explosions, but most of them just caused a terrible mess. At least the two foals seem to have fun with it, but it’s clear they miss their mother.

The others aren’t doing better, Derpy is trying to make dresses but all of those end up as a mess thanks to her inability to see straight. Rainbow is attempting to make ponies laugh but her way of fun is pranks so that end up making the town ponies very irritated and grumpy. Applejack has taken over Fluttershy’s role as animal care but her short patience with the animal has the critters running around scared while she fights to get them back to their cages and pens. Zecora probably got easiest off as she is calmly walking around, delivering letters but it’s clear this bores her greatly.
With no other option, Twilight returns back to the library and sends Fluttershy out on some random task as she just cannot deal with Fluttershy’s many questions in the best way she can please her. Thinking back on last night Twilight remembers that special deliver from Celestia. She cast Star Swirl's incomplete spell to see what it did and last night she didn’t think the spell worked. “But it did work.” Twilight walks over to the case holding nine of the Elements, all except her gem has changed color, that spell changed the destinies of her friends! “Please let there be a counter-spell.” She muses flaps through the old magic book pages, to her horror there are none. Memory spell won’t work either for there is nothing wrong with her friends' memories. “I have altered their true selves.” Twilight whispers in horror, eyeing the wrong colored Elements. “Their destiny has been changed, they are no longer who they are meant to be…” She leaves the room, bringing both the spell book there caused it all and this other notebook Celestia send her into her bedroom. Desperate to fix her great mistake.

*A week later, the human world*

Medic lets out a tired and broken sigh, he collapses onto his chair and stares at the piles of papers on all the theories he has hypnotized on what made the team think they should be another class. He has realized what caused it: a new medigun. It had worked like a charm, but for some reason, it wouldn’t activate the upercharge. That is the least of his problems, right now he is dealing with people thinking that nothing is wrong and whatever he says to them cannot change that. He looks through all his notes but nothing brings him closer to solving this problem. Not even Miss Pauling or the Administrator can help, for they- like everyone else think the team has always been like this. Angrily he throws the papers into the trashcan and drops onto the table, he is at a loss and he fears this a small mistake has changed the team into something there never is going to work. They have been altered into something they never can find joy in doing. Medic fingers touch a book and he is very close throwing that one out too but stops. “What was in this one again?” He muses, for he can’t recall writing or reading anything from this one. On this book, he finds no title but two marks of a sun and a moon. Curious he opens it and finds all pages besides one blank, those there might have text has been torn out, leaving behind only blank pages with the first having one sentence.

‘only together, this alteration can be fixed’

Medic raises a brow, not sure what it means, but he’s kind of desperate here. The team is getting decimated by the robots they were supposed to defeat, so if this notebook somehow— does not care how can give him some answers, then he is all for it.

'After have used a prototype and faulty medigun, my team of eight got their very class and past training shifted around. They cannot see that this is not how they are meant to be, for them, their alteration is how they always have been and so does the world around us. Only I know that their current job is not what they were meant to be.’

Medic stops there, feeling quite silly writing this down. He closes the book and about to return back in trying to figuring out this mistake of his but stops when the book suddenly starts to blink. He stares at the blinking book, to then gasp when he finds a response when he re-opened it.

‘My friends are dealing with the same problem. Do you know how to fix it? Please, whoever you are, I need to know, my friends will never be happy if they stay like this.’

The text is right under his, does that mean that whoever gets this will keep whatever he is writing? It seems like it and if that’s the case, then he better be careful how to respond. But he can’t deny he feels like he recognizes that way of tone in the writing. After a moment of hesitating, he writes back.

‘I do not know how to fix this. But perhaps if we work together, we can solve our shared problem. You may call me Medic if you wish a name from me.’

Barely had to wait a minute before he gets a reply.

‘It’s me Twilight. I am so sorry, I wasn’t aware this would affect you in the human world too. I cast a spell made from the most powerful unicorn Equestria has ever seen- you remember Star Swirl, right? His spell sounded like this: “From one to another, another to one. A mark of one's destiny singled out alone, fulfilled” but I don’t have any counter for it and this spell was incomplete. The spell itself affected the Elements.
Medic, do you have any idea how to fix this?’

The RED side of him is quite confused, while the BLU side, not so much. Medic feels a bit weird being confused but also understands what Twilight spoke about at the same time. A side effect from the merging and one he might have to deal with for quite some time. Brushing the brief struggle between his two sides aside, Medic ponders if whatever it was his faulty medigun or this spell that caused this switcheroo on the team and her friends. For all he knows, it could be both.
And if it’s magic then the BLU side of him knows that no matter how smart he is in science, it won’t fix this.
The RED side of him groans, thinking that he really does not want to go into something he has no control over… but he has to do it and Medic is certain that’s the BLU side of him speaking there. Glancing at the only text this book came with… it seems they have to work together in order to fix this. He’s sort of happy about this as he does miss Twilight’s company.

‘I do not have an answer to our shared problem, Twilight. I have tried anything when it comes to science, and nothing worked. I think this problem is magical and that is your expertise.
You said the Elements themselves got affected? This is just a stay thought but I recall one of those Shadow Ponies pointing out some gems is sentient. So perhaps the spell you cast confused the Elements?’

That was all BLU, for the RED side of him has no knowledge about the Shadow Ponies or this heart shaped crystal that is powered on joy and love. He can’t help but chuckle of a mental thought about the RED side of him standing in a corner, sulking while he does all the interesting work.
There goes several minutes before Twilight writes back, if the written words shows emotions then he say she is very excited about something. The text points out that too.

‘I think I got it. Medic we need to remind our friends who they truly are.’

‘How? I have already tried to tell them what role they have taken is wrong.’

‘But what if we let them show each other the way? Remind them who they are through our friendships.’

Medic ponders about her counter, and again find the two sides of him having a mental argument. The RED side find her words stupid, why should he reminding the team help in any of this? Reminding each of who they are on his own didn’t work, so why should this?
The BLU side of him is, however, more amused than annoyed. That part of him, in fact, thinks this suggestion is so silly and crazy that it might work. The RED side does not understand this one bit, there is no logic to it, so why would it work?
And the BLU side pretty much shrugs with the remark that’s how magic is, it’s like emotions: at times unpredictable and hard to get a proper read on. The RED side is quite annoyed but mostly confused by this.
It takes some throwing back and forward between his two sides, but the RED, the more logical side of him slowly relents and agrees on this stupid plan.

‘Alright, let’s try this out. Part of me find it a waste of time, and I am very certain that’s the human side of me talking. Just in case I think it will be best we help the same element bearer at the same time. In case the confused Elements will make a rebound.’

‘That is a possibility, Fluttershy has taken Spike’s role, so I will start with her.’

Good, for he thinks it will be easier for him to get Misha to hear him than any of the others. He writes to her he got it, and they should write to one another when they are done in order to keep this synchrony.
With this magical book in his pocket, Medic hurries out to the battlefield. He finds Heavy trying to do Pyro’s job, which he utterly fails at as he cannot sneak up on people like Pyro nor have the timing right for a proper airblast.
“Misha, do you have a moment?” He calls for the big man.
Heavy nods, he looks very tired from fighting at something he is not meant to.
Medic feels sorry for his love, Misha is not used to running around so much. “How are you holding up?”

“I do not know why, but I cannot destroy metal men.” Heavy muses, he knows he should but for some reason, he just can’t wield his weapon as he used to.

Medic strokes his hand gently over Misha’s head, not really bothered feeling the sweat coating the big man’s skin. He does for a moment again find this stupid but the RED side of him quickly goes with the plan. Anything to get the team back to normal. “Perhaps you will if you help out Demo?” He suggests and does not blame Heavy to frowns at this. “I know, you’re supposed to Spy-check, but he is really struggling in keeping the hoard off.”

“But I don’t know how to use minigun.” Heavy objects, about to return back to his job but Josef has always been good at getting his attention. The German easily pulls his eyes back to him with a smirk he most often wears when the two of them are about to destroy the opposite team. “Oh don’t come and tell me a little challenge is scaring you away.”
Heavy chuckles, Josef has a point. This shouldn’t be that difficult and who knows, maybe he and Demo can team up and get rid of these stupid metal men. “I do not think I will be much help but okay.”
He follows Medic over to where Demo is. Scot is getting overrun by robots, more so when he can barely lift the minigun.
Seeing that the man is wounded, Heavy urges Medic. “He need your help doctor.”

But Medic knows that if the theory is correct, then Heavy has to realize his own skills in battle on his own. “No, he does not need healing, you will have to help him keep the hoard off!” Heavy hesitates, but after one look at Demo fighting against the approaching hoard, he moves over to aid the man.

Heavy at first use the flamethrower, but when it's reach didn’t help, Heavy takes the minigun from Demo, steps in between as a living shield and shreds the robots to shreds. With that small hoard destroyed. Heavy laughs loudly. This is what he is talking about! “This weapon is very good.” He grins, not really noticing a pinkish glow appearing around him. He straightens up in surprise when he starts to realize that this is the job he was supposed to do. The glow gathers around his neck and the silver element necklace appears there. He lifts the glowing necklace, not entirely sure what just happened.

Medic sure did and boy is he happy this silly idea worked. “Das ist wunderbar! The theory proved right!” He pulls Heavy into a kiss, Heavy does quickly return it, both only snapping out of their moment when Demo teases them. “What about you two get a room?”
Medic turns to the man still thinking he is a heavy class. “Later, first we need your help.” Demo blinks confused but does follow.

**********

The moment Twilight got the word from Medic, she leads Applejack back to the farm, allowing Fluttershy to asks the mare to aid Spike with his chores. The exhausted dragon is very relieved of the help and allows the three ponies to get the farm back on its feet.
Applejack gets her family, they harvest the apples, repair any damage the farm has taken and with things right again and Applejack starts to glow her respective element. Twilight levitates the necklace onto her neck.

With her true self back again as well as her cutie mark, Applejack whoops happy. “That’s more like it, what now?” She asks Twilight and the purple mare points at the quite lost Spike. “He doesn't know what to do, can you help?” Applejack nods. “You got it, I know just the thing.” She throws Spike onto her back and brings him back to the Golden Oak library. Spike looks around, at first hesitant but soon in full swing putting the books to their rightful place, writing down any notes for future events, and even snacking a bit on a gem he spotted lying around and just as his body starts to glow green, he joins Twilight’s side.
The unicorn smiles return the necklace around his neck. The three red apples disappear from his scales and Spike leaps onto her back. “I feel so much better, what can I do?”

“Zecora has lost her way, can you help her?” Twilight asks, the baby dragon nods and they head over to where the gloomy zebra is walking around.

**********

Pyro touches a whole army of robots, saving spy from getting plummet to death once again, she turns to the man thinking he is a soldier and hands the wary man a sapper along with an invisibility watch. Pointing at the engineer-robot blocking their way.

Spy hesitates, but does put on the watch and with an encouraging nod from the firebug, he cloaks and although having no idea what he is doing, a deep-rooted part of him knows what to do. He destroys the sentry gun letting the others come through and with the knife in hand, he takes down a robot trying to get him down. He smirks from finally have won over the robots, he does falter when he returns back to his old self and turns to Medic walking over to him with a large grin on his face. “What the hell just happen?”

“Long story.” Medic replies, and as he writes down he got Spy back to normal to Twilight. And the moment he and Twilight agrees on who next, he asks the Frenchman. “Any chance you could be some assistance for Scout?”

Spy pulls out his revolver, saying deadpan. “Don’t ask such a stupid question.”

*******

Zecora gently drags Pinkie Pie out from her home and requests her to aid Rainbow Dash in making the town ponies smiles. Pinkie, at first meekly watches Rainbow trying to make her pranks something to laugh about but only ending up making the locals the more irritated. Seeing this, Pinkie stop Rainbow, out from seemly nowhere she grabs a silly mask which she takes on and start doing a silly dance. At first around the water fountain, then on a roof where she pulls out a cannon, and shoots herself out, landing in the middle of the crowd there laughs of this antic. Twilight runs over and return the necklace and Pinkie’, once again with a bushy hair and tail calls to the smiling town. “Come one everypony, I wanna see you smile!” and they cheer having her back. Before she can get really started Twilight request her. “We need Rainbow, can you help her realize her goal again?” Pinkie Pie nods cheerfully. “I know what to do, let’s go!”

********

Scout leaves pretty much the others behind in the dust, throwing the sniper rifle over to Sniper. “You look tired, rest up and shoot some of the rust buckets from here.” He suggests in his usual teasing tone. It did make Sniper lash out after him, but nothing his natural speed can get away from. Sniper quickly gives up chasing him and after a few more teasing pokes from Scout to try out this new weapon, he relents as he is very sick of all the running around and start watching the war zone from this spot. He quickly finds himself in the zone and more instinct than anything, he pulls the trigger on a Heavy robot and the bullet shattered the robot’s head on impact. He reloads and shoots another, then a sound snaps him out from the sniping, grabs the knife and lash out at the spy-bot trying to sneak up on him. His body starts to glow red as he lowers his weapon in a calm hunter manner, and when the necklace appears, Sniper turns around to the others there have finally caught up to the grinning Scout. Medic steps over to the window and points down to the scene below. “Soldier need your assistance.” Sniper simply nods and with the rifle on his back, he heads down to the place where he is needed.

********

In a colorful tornado, Rainbow Dash has removed all the fabric Derpy tried to turn into clothing, she pulls the cross-eyed mare out from the shop and brings her outside. Here she gives the mare a bag filled with letters. Derpy stare for a moment bit confused at the bag, she does, however, takes it and follows Rainbow Dash through town in the air. At first, Rainbow needed to show her where these letters needed to go, but when Rainbow Dash on purpose put a letter in the wrong mailbox, Derpy noticed it and knew it wouldn’t do. She reclaims the letter and even with her bad sight, got the letter in its rightful place and while doing so got a few friendly chats with the ponies there waited for their letters. The moment she has delivered the last one to Berry Punch, the earth pony jumps when the grey pegasus starts to shine yellow.

With a big smile Twilight returns the Element back to its rightful owner and as Derpy remembers her true self, everypony else do as well.
Berry Punch is quite confused by this though. “What’s going on?”
But Twilight has to explain that later. “Sorry, I can’t tell you at the moment.” She turns to Derpy, asking the mildly confused mare. “Rarity could really use a helping hoof, she’s trying to control the weather!”
Derpy nods and with a determent frown on her face, the cross-eyed mare flies over to find the white unicorn.

*******

Completely ignoring Engineer’s objections by getting dragged away from playing around as a spy, Soldier puts the short man on a good spot for a sentry gun and throws the wrench at him. “You weren't hired to play around! Now build us that sentry gun before the army arrives!” He commands the confused man.

Engineer look lost down to the wrench, not sure what to do but he knew he has to do something when the others began having trouble against the large wave of robots. He grabs the metal from the robots the other destroyed, Soldier was kind enough to hurl several over to him and with the wrench in hand, he starts to assemble something. Just as this something starts to shoot at the robots, Engineer realizes it is his trusty sentry gun and feels quite silly he forgot how to build it. He glances down to the silver necklace that appears around his neck and remembering his skills at machines, Engineer pulls out his shotgun and shoots at one of the robots before putting down the dispenser.

Very satisfied and also quite dumbfounded this actually worked, Medic picks up the book and writes to his partner that everyone is back to normal.

*******

With the last thundercloud gone, Twilight opens the book, beaming when Medic writes that everyone on his side is back to normal, she writes the same as here. All thanks to her friends and the magic binding them together— “Wait a second, that's it! I understand now!” She cries to her confused friends. “I know how to fix the spell!” and she hurries back to the library. She grabs the book holding Star Swirls incomplete spell and writes ‘From all of us together, together we're friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end’ finishing the spell. The Elements of Harmony reacts and each of them shoots a magical beam at Twilight, she disappears in an implosion of light.

******

In the human world, Medic has also realized what made the new medigun react as it did, he changes its setting to react on the elements in them instead of their bodies. He activates it and it works, all of the others get upercharged, then something goes wrong and the upercharge rebound, hitting the doctor and leaving nothing but a scorch mark behind.

Medic finds himself in some sort of void, however far from being completely white or black, more in soft colors in of the two mixed with blue and green. All over this eternal place are small stars, giving the sense he is out in space. Medic carefully put his feet down, finding solid ground but he cannot see it, for him it looks like he is walking on the very space itself.

“Hello?” A very familiar voice calls, scared and confused.

Medic recognizes it right away and heads over to where he thinks she is. “Over here, Twilight!” He spots the purple unicorn and the second she spots him, she trots over asking him. “Medic? Where are we?” He kneels down, quite surprised how small a pony is compared to a human. “I don’t know.” He admits.

Twilight steps closer over to Medic, like him, she feels quite weird seeing the size difference between a human and pony. She can ignore that for now though and simply be happy she is not alone in this strange realm. She can feel magic in this place, very powerful and old. She at first mistook it for raw unicorn magic, but this magic is different, robust for lack of a better word. She highly doubts that even somepony like Star Swirl would be able to handle just a fraction of the magic residing in this realm.
She gets a bit scared when she notices something is approaching. She puts a hoof onto Medic’s leg, not sure if she can defend herself against a being living in this realm brimming with powerful magic.
She does calm down right away when it reveals to be Celestia approaching them. Such a relief the princess found them. "Princess Celestia."

It pleases her seeing them both here, her friend from the human world did warn her that Twilight’s partner might not be ready for this. Glad to see he was wrong. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have been here, in a realm that is the source to her, Luna and Cadence power. “Congratulations. I knew you both could do it.” Celestia praises them both. Twilight trots over to her and Celestia gives her motherly hug as the young unicorn asks confused. “I don't understand. What did we do?”
The human walks over to them, he is a bit taller than her, not that Celestia is bothered and explains them. “You did something that's never been done before. Something even a great unicorn like Star Swirl the Bearded was not able to do, because he did not understand the meaning of a true bond like you do.”
Twilight and the human eye one another, both quite confused. Celestia puts a hoof on Twilight’s back.
“The lessons you've learned in Ponyville have taught you well.” Then turns to the human and touches him gently with her wing. “And so have what you learned ever since you allowed the elements inside your heart.” She smiles steps back so she can look at both of them. The two now more intervened than ever. “You have proven that you're ready.”

“Ready for what?” Medic asks, not sure why but the way this young looking but having an ancient and powerful aura horse said it, it makes his skin crawl. If it’s from fear of this unknown or something else, he has no idea. He only knows it has something to do with the bond he and Twilight have strengthened in the short time they have known one another. Along with Twilight, he follows the horse. Does stop for a moment when this void gets filled with memories from both of them. All of them is about the bond they share with one another and those they are calling friends.

“You've come such a long, long way
And I've watched you from that very first day.”

Celestia brings Twilight over to the memory where she first arrived in Ponyville, it changes into the moment where she met this human chosen to be her partner when he approaches.

“To see how you might grow
To see what you might do.”

Every single memory and lesson they learned together flashes over this memory lane.

“To see what you've been through
And all the ways you've made me proud of you.”

She folds her wings over both of the two.

“It's time now for a new change to come
You've grown up and your new life has begun
To go where you will go
To see what you will see
To find what you will be.”

She steps away and with her horn glowing in a pure white, she lifts to the air before her student and her partner of the element.

“For it's time for you to fulfill your destiny~!”

A large circle surrounds both of them, the element connected to both reacts to the magic and surrounds both human and unicorn.

*human world*

Medic opens slowly his eyes, it takes himself several moments to realize he is lying in bed in his own room. He hears voices but can’t really make it out, there is a surge in his ear there drowns them out, it does fade though and slowly he can make out what is being said.

“Is he going to be alright?” He hears Heavy asks.

“He will in time.”

Is that the wizard? What is he doing here?

Medic groans and slowly sits up, looking around someone steps into his line of sight. “You alright there doc?” He hears Engineer’s voice, it’s there Medic realizes he does not have his glasses on. It takes him a moment to find them and when he does, the world gets into focus again. “What happened?” He asks for he feels like he’s currently strapped to one of Soldier’s rockets while upercharged.

“You blew up thanks to that medigun of yours.” Demo points out, with Sniper adding. “And you respawned hours later.”

Heavy sits down on the bed, giving Medic a look that he has been worried sick that it was a respawn failure. “If not for wizard, we thought it was respawn failure.”

That explains the humming sense in his body- no wait, no it doesn’t. Medic is not really sure if that place was real. “You sure I respawned? For I and Twilight found ourselves in a strange realm with some kind of deity horse.” He does not really believe in such things but that is the best way he could explain that horse and the aura she gave off.

“Did that horse have flowing rainbow hair and tail, white as snow and has some sort of unexplainable aura?” Spy asks. Medic nods, well that makes everything a lot more complicated. “That was Princess Celestia. She’s the ruler of Equestria.” So now the question: “What did she say?”

Medic hesitates for a long time, he gets goosebumps hearing her words in his head. “She… She said Twilight and I was ready.”
“Ready for what?” Misha asks, but he has no idea. Only that it is done. “All I know that she cast some sort of spell on us.” Checking his hands Medic cannot see any change, only that he still feels like going through an upercharge. Turning to that wizard, one who should know about magic. “Do you know what happened?” He asks.

Merasmus sure does, he is after all the one who sent that faulty medigun but that fact he will keep to himself for he really does not feel up to a battle with the mercs at the lowest point of his power. The only reason he came was to check up on how this merc would react on the spell Tia cast on him. “All I know that you have tapped into a magic something common people never could dream grasping onto.” That’s partly a lie, he knows exactly what is going on but thinks it will be best these men figure this new step of their destiny on their own. He steps away from the now nervous man and does think it will be best to teach him to control his new powers. Otherwise, he might end up like Ignis. “You might experience some unexplained surges, nausea and such, that’s the magic you have gotten. However I highly doubt you will be able to control it on your own, so I offer you some training how to control it. And until you do, it’s best you keep a sound mind. Magic is in very tuned with emotions and emotions such as anger can make it lash out.” He clears his throat of slight embarrassment that had happen to him quite often ever since he agreed to let Soldier be his roommate. “I doubt you will be able to summon beasts from the void but still; best to keep the damage to a minimum.”

Okay, that’s a lot to take in. Has that spell that deity horse thrown on him made him able to do magic? Only problem he can’t control it, that’s a bummer, but at least there is someone able to teach him. That’s a plus, but until he gets it under control, he needs to keep his emotions in check? Yeah, that’s easier said than done. “What exactly do you think I will be capable of?”

“This is Equestrian magic, so whatever your special talent is; that is the magic you can do.” Meramamus explains. Magic in this world might be rare but it’s not that different from the overflowing magic in Equestria. “So what was it?”

“It was medical but I could do other spells such as shield.” Medic replies and sort of wish this sense of being in a upercharge will fade already. Something tells him it won’t.

Oh, well now he can see why this man was chosen to wield the Element of Magic. Merasmus will however only teach him healing spells. Healing magic is mostly used to do good but in the wrong hands… like this one, it can be quite dangerous. But hopefully, he won’t too much harm. “I will train you as soon I got the right equipment but until then— FAREWELL!” He declares and teleports away.

“It seems things are going to get quite interesting.” Demo remarks from his spot and sort of wish he too could do magic as human, but he can settle on having a ghost sword and the perks Eyelander gives him.
Medic eyes him and smirks in agreement.

Author's Note:

welp, I do wonder how angry people will get from what I did and if I should find my Flame Shield? only time will tell!

PreviousChapters Next