• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 2,898 Views, 80 Comments

Living Darkness - vildtiger

  • ...
9
 80
 2,898

PreviousChapters Next
Future Safeguarding

Note: this happens the next day after the last chapter.
made after the episode "It's About Time"

Celestia finds herself standing in deep snow surrounded by a small blizzard, confused about why she is here Celestia looks around, flinching when a strong gust of wind blows and she almost misses the creature inside this snowstorm: it's a Windigo. This Windigo screech and flies a few times around her before disappearing back into the blizzard. She follows it and on the way she encounters her sister. Luna spots her and tells her with a shaken voice. "This is a vision." That is enough to explain everything. Celestia nods and suggests they better see what this new vision is going to warn them about. "That means we have to follow the Windigo." and that they do, in the middle of the storm, it is quiet and looking at the surrounding storm they find several Windigoes flying around, however, for some reason unable to pass this invisible barrier. Before either can question what this means, the earth beneath them cracks and crystals burst up from the snow, towering over the alicorn sisters and its light warms their bodies. Then the crystals suddenly turn black, the invisibility barrier breaks and the whole area is consumed by the darkness and the Windigoes cursed winter.
However, like many other visions, there are signs of what can stop this from happening, and here it shows by crystals shining in bright colors there forces the threatening darkness away.

Both Celestia and Luna awake the moment the vision end and swiftly leave bed to find the other so they can discuss what this vision might have meant. Luna has an idea what the constant theme of crystals meant. "I think the Crystal Empire soon will return."

Celestia must say that it is a big possibility, and if that is the case, then not only will the Shadow King and his allies return, but also the residents of the empire itself. "I will inform Quick Lance to bring a recon team up north." She and Luna defeated Sombra the last time by banishing him and yes they might be able to do it again even without their former allies, but that will only drag out the fight and Celestia really doesn't want that the Crystal Empire to vanish again along with all its residents. No, if the empire really is going to return, the bearers of the Elements have to be the ones fighting this pony of shadows. She voices this to Luna, adding. "I noticed the crystal filled with light have the same colors as the Elements, so it must mean only they can bring this fight to an end." But her sister's scowl is a clear sign that she does not fancy the thought letting common ponies deal with such a serious threat.

"We should go as well, sister." Luna tells her sister seriously. "I know your student is an Element bearer along with her friends, but I highly doubt any of them will understand how serious this is." The magic in the Crystal Empire is powerful enough to affect most of Equestria, and if it falls to the wrong hoof, disaster can happen. Sombra sure showed that when he used the empires magic to defeat their once allies.

But Celestia knows this the best way to encourage the best out from her hard-working student. If the Empire is going to return soon, it might be the perfect test seeing if Twilight really is ready for the path she has put her on. "Don't worry, we're not going to lose it this time."

Luna frowns of her sister's insurance, not fully convinced but for now decides to trust Celestia's words, after all, the return of the Crystal Empire might just be a fluke as it stands now.

***

(Later that day, Ponyville)

After having finished her work filing the papers in Major Mare's office and finished the rest of her duties, Miss Pauling is once again left with no clear idea what to do in this world she and the others are currently trapped in. The mercenaries are surprisingly doing fine in their situation, in fact they are doing so fine that there is no need for her to keep them in check, those mares they hang around with does that for her and doing such a good job that the mercenaries are attributing the town with each of their skills instead of causing trouble as she thought they would.
However, Miss Pauling does get the sense they are avoiding her or not telling her something. She mostly got that feeling with Scout, she has the sense that he is still affected by that child spell that unicorn casted on him, for he hasn't been trying to flirt with her once ever since he returned back to normal. In fact, she gets the strong sense he is avoiding her, which is really strange for usually, she has trouble getting rid of him. It's a weird feeling she must admit and is quite split between being happy she doesn't have to deal with his overbearing chatter and bad flirting or worry that he's not acting like his annoying self anymore.
Makes her wonder; does he know the truth about Spy? Not that info matters much anymore, Spy is gone.
A sudden racket snaps Miss Pauling out from her thoughts and does reconsider her former thoughts that those mares have been keeping the mercenaries in check when she sees Soldier and Heavy at each other's throats, fighting to kill one another.
Engineer is standing nearby but for some weird reason, he is doing nothing about it which is really strange since he often works as the team's peacekeeper. Miss Pauling trots over to the passive standing Engineer, asking with a worried glance to the fight there now has gathered quite the crowd. "Engie, what's going on?"

Engineer eyes her lazily. "They are trying to kill one another, miss."

"And you're not trying to stop them why?" She demands him, startled when he replies in a pessimistic tone. "Why bother? All that will do is extend the evadable. They will kill one another, no matter what we do. So why stop them?"
Miss Pauling stares at him in disbelief of what the man has just been saying. She has never heard him see fights like this before, something is wrong but what? No, she can think about that when Soldier and Heavy aren't trying to kill each other. She trots over to the two but no matter how much she calls— commands them to cut it out, they do not listen. All that does is Soldier suddenly attacks her, screaming enraged. "MAGGOT!"
Miss Pauling lets out a fearful scream when he tackles into her, pretty sure he bruised one of her legs really badly from the pain she is feeling. "Soldier, stand down!" She cries up the pegasus, but he is further gone than he has ever been, all she can see in his grey eyes is a wild bloodlust. Soldier lifts his hoof right over her head, Miss Pauling closes her eyes in fear, but the kick never comes. Instead, she feels Soldier getting thrown off her, followed by Demo's voice. "Bloody hell, Solly, what's wrong with you?!" Opening her eyes she sees Demo standing in between her and the growling in rage Soldier. If she hasn't been in shock, she would've wondered why Demo's pelt and hair have gotten stronger in color and the sword on his flank has gotten an explosion.

Demo has no idea why Soldier suddenly has gone all manic warlike on them, all he knows that it needs to stop before someone ends up dead! "Calm down Solly, we're not in—" Soldier tackles into him, leaving a nasty bruise over his right shoulder from the pegsus hooves. Demo lands hard onto the ground, rolling a bit from the force, he does quickly recover and just in time see the roaring Soldier jump at him with: "LONG LIVE AMERICA!" Demo activates his magic, stopping Soldier's attack dead in his tracks. He notices that he isn't using as much energy as he used to. "Huh, I really have gotten stronger." Demo muses, once again happy that both RED and BLU Demoman has become one. Eyeing the struggling Soldier, Demo realizes that Soldier is not himself at the moment. If his BLU side remembers correctly, then Ignis once explained them that people personality can turn to their worst self if tainted by dark magic. Better hear from the others if they know a way to fix this. He is about to go over and asks Engineer about it but is pretty much trampled down by a just as enraged Heavy, making him let go of Soldier and the two are again at each other's throats.
Demo cannot move out of the way, his body too battered after have gotten stomped by Heavy.
Fortunately Derpy, that brave little pony flies over and drags him away even with the danger she could get herself in by doing that. She did get attacked by Soldier, and Demo must say he can see why she got chosen to bear the Element of Courage when she instinctively stepped between him and Soldier when the green pegasus attacked. The two roll over the ground, coming to a sudden halt when Soldier smack right into the nearest lamp pole and perhaps a good thing too for his body worked as a pillow for Derpy. The grey pegasus recovers quickly and if it's bravery or stupidity is a good question, whatever it is, Derpy completely ignores her own safety, trying to snap Soldier back to normal by shaking him rather comically.
"Get away from him, lassie!" Demo cries, trying to get back up before Soldier recovers. But the green pegasus recovers faster than him, however instead of attacking as Demo feared, Soldier caresses his head, to then seems to realize what just has happed. Derpy doesn't seem to care, she's just happy he is back to normal and hugs him around the neck.
About there Rarity comes running and from the fearful look on her face, it's clear she is running from something.
That something proves to be Medic and Demo easily recognizes what everyone on the team calls the bonesaw face, for that is the face he has when he kills people with that bonesaw of his.

"Something is wrong with Medic." Rarity says fearfully, seeking protection behind Engineer who is the one closet. At first, Engineer did not react, then with a groan and caressing his head, Engineer eyes Rarity regretfully which confuses her. "What's wrong darling?" She asks.

Engineer shakes his head. "It's nothing." Feeling quite regretful that he moments ago didn't give a darn about his comrades getting hurt. He has no idea what caused such a sudden change in him, but he is happy Rarity snapped him out from it. Turning to Medic, Engineer realizes that he hasn't been the only one been affected, for Medic looks like he wants to cut someone open. "Dammit, of all times he could've lost it, it has to be when I don't have a weapon..." Engineer muses annoyed, but he's not defenseless either. He leaps over to Medic, and with his bigger and stronger body, tackles the crazed unicorn and forced Medic to the ground. "Snap out from it doc!"
"And miss my chance for the greatest experiment?" Medic grins wickedly up to the increased disturbed Engineer. "It's been so long I last let loose! Mich so erhalten freundlich weg!" A shield spell throws Engineer off him and before the bird/horse hybrid can restrain him again, Medic does that against Engineer. Wondering out loud: "Do you have the heart of a bird or a horse?" and his horn glows a strong blue, aiming at the spell stuck Engineer's chest.
Engineer can do nothing but watch Medic ready his magic for an operation, this world has made Medic impossible to restrain with that blasted magic. Why couldn't he have lost it in the human world? At least there he didn't have to worry about magic!

"Don't you dare, doc!" Demo shouts and fires a beam at Medic, but the other unicorn swiftly retaliate and his own blue beam clashes with Demo's red. Even with only a half soul and strength. Demo struggles to keep up with Medic's raw power, it is clear why he got chosen to become the partner of the Element of Magic, and Demo dreads this grey's unicorn's strength when he becomes whole. He does overpower Medic, but just barely, clear sign who is the strongest when it comes to raw magically power. At least he is better when it comes to levitation magic as Demo has no trouble controlling several ropes and bind the unicorn. With Medic restained, the freezing spell around Engineer finally fades and Engineer gives him a thankful nod.
Before they can discuss the best course of action, they get reminded that Heavy is still aggressive towards anyone. The back to normal Soldier has kept him off but even he cannot match up to Heavy's earth pony strength and Soldier crashes into the nearest wall. With a roar Heavy charges at Engineer and Demo and they are forced to get out of the way. Much to their surprise, Heavy calms just enough down to check Medic before going on the attack again.
Demo just can't help but chuckle seeing that. "Even at his worst, Heavy wants to protect the doc." Those two are thick as thieves, that's for sure and with both of them completely off their bonkers. This tight bond they share is worrying. "We can't let them team up!" He tells Engineer, there nods that he fully agrees, but like Demo, knows that they cannot match Heavy in strength.

Engineer is about to tell Rarity to seeks cover but then notices that she is gone. Possibly going to get Twilight. Better than staying here and risk getting hurt, he thinks and with: "Get on." He takes flight with Demo on his back, at least in the air they can avoid getting trampled on.
"Now I am really happy you got turned bigger and with wings." He hears Demo remarks before the brown unicorn shoots a magical beam at Heavy; who doesn't even flinch. Still, Demo keeps firing, praying the big guy soon will show signs his attacks are working.
Heavy didn't however just stand there and take the assault from the unicorn, he finds a large stone and with a solid kick, hurls it up to Engineer.
The horse/bird hybrid just barely dodges the attack, at this very moment lecturing himself he should've practiced his flight more than he did. Just as Heavy is about to throw another rock at them, Pyro suddenly appears.

She whacks the earth pony with her tail and throws him into the nearest house, the wall break on impact and did disorientate Heavy. This allowed Derpy to get the still in shock Miss Pauling out of the way. Not that Pyro would give Heavy a chance to recover and attack the others, for she is PISSED. "Don't hurt my friends!" She roars at him and fire burst out from her mouth, Heavy cries in pain when the flames hit him.

"Pyro! Don't set him on fire!" Engineer cries down to her. Pyro stops breathing fire and looks a bit confused up to him, so he has to explain her. "We're not in the war games, he won't respawn if you kill him."

"I'm okay with that." Pyro says awfully casually, turning back to the burned but still not in danger of death Heavy.

But Engineer is not okay with it. "Don't kill him, please Pyro."

Pyro whines but does as Engineer asks her. "Only for you Engie." and instead decides to wrestle Heavy, using her bigger body and strong slender tail to restrain Heavy from harming others. She does draw blood from him when Heavy kicks her and she pierces his back legs with her sharp claws in retaliation.

Good thing Pyro has become a second big gun, Engineer thinks thankfully of this rescue from the firebug. He lands back on the ground and Demo jumps off his back. Engineer turns to Rarity there is watching the fight between Pyro and Heavy somewhat worried. "You fetched her?" Engineer asks and the white unicorn nods, explaining them. "She adores you, Engineer. I figured Pyro could overpower Heavy, being a dragon and all, but..." She turns her gaze to the half-burned house from Pyro's fire attack. "I didn't fully think it through letting a full grown and angry dragon into Ponyville..."
Engineer can't help but chuckle. "Trust me Rarity, it could've been a lot worse." And must say. "Thanks for the aid."

"My pleasure, darling." Rarity smiles, about to ask what they should do with Heavy and Medic but before she can:
Rainbow Dash lands with a very embarrassing looking Sniper at her side.

"Let me guess, you were completely off your bonkers?" Demo asks.

Sniper can only nod, he feels so stupid of letting himself go all mental again and towards Fluttershy of all people. Doubts that pegasus will go near him for life. He glances up when Rainbow puts a hoof on his shoulder, c giving him a sympatric look but also showing that she won't leave his side until he feels better. For that he is grateful. Shaking off his own embarrassment of his former behavior. "I wasn't the only one." Sniper remarks from the scene of Medic being restrained by a crap-load of robes and Pyro pretty much holding Heavy around the legs like someone holding a chicken for tonight's dinner. Engineer, Demo, and Rarity nod that he got that one right.

"Any idea what caused your sudden aggression?" Miss Pauling asks, feeling much safer approaching the mercenaries after their strange and most of them straight out deadly behavior has passed. Looking around, she realizes that one of the team is still missing. "Where's Scout?"

"Zecora is taking care of him." Rainbow replies, adding in her mind that it is Spy who is handling the very angry Scout. She sure hopes he can handle the beating Scout sure wanted to inflict on him, but she is not going to tell that to this unicorn. According to the turned humans, they cannot trust Miss Pauling. And Rainbow's loyalty lies with these guys, even though she still doesn't really like Spy. "She has a knack keeping him in check." Miss Pauling frowns lightly but does not question further about it.

Now with a calmer mind again, Sniper realizes that he recognizes this feeling of going all mental. "This felt like when that pony out of shadow screwed up my head. Back when Spook was working for that queen Changeling." He explains the others.

Engineer frowns hearing this. "I don't remember encountering any pony made of shadows."

".... I don't think it's us being possessed." Demo muses troubled, the BLU Demoman in him still remembers how BLU Sniper got affected when Sniper here got attacked by Spy. "It's the guys in the human world, and we— I mean you are feeling the effect." He has to correct himself since he no longer has the other half of his soul back in the human world. That does also explain some other thing. "That's why I and Pyro aren't affected."
and Spy of course, but like everyone else, he pretends that their Changeling comrade is a goner. But just in case. "We should send a letter, ask how things are going over there."

Engineer pulls out his writer block from the armor around his neck and shoulder, working as this world's toolbox, he writes a quick message to RED Engineer, seals it with his logo on and throws it over to Pyro who blow a burst of magically fire at it, sending it off.
Meanwhile, the will wait for the answer, Engineer thinks that perhaps it's best snapping Heavy and Medic out from their craze. "Perhaps Twilight knows how to fix them— do any of you know where she is at the moment?"

"Last I heard she is freaking out of not have made a schedule for next month schedule." Demo muses, wondering how that purple pony haven't dealt with more breakdowns, well there was the time where she got so stressed she made the whole town want a piece of ugly toy. That was weird and the reminder at least take her words a bit seriously unless they want to make Twilight go all mentally unstable on them. And knowing how much that pony loves having everything planned out. "I am not sure we should interrupt her work with this at the moment."

Sniper snorts. "Well, I would prefer we didn't have to worry Heavy crushing us like sticks and Medic playing Frankenstein with our remains." And trots over to the Golden Oak Library. "So she better makes time."
The griffin got a point, so the others let Sniper head over to speak with Twilight about their problem with Heavy and Medic.
Walking into Twilight's home, a really strange sight meets Sniper. He sees two Twilights and one of them looks like a mess with that tattered black suit, messy hair, eye-patch and a small cut on her right cheek. "The hell?" He blinks, making both Twilights turn to him. "Don't tell me you have been trying to duplicate our situation." He grumbles, for if that's the case then she has to stop hanging around Medic so much.

The tattered Twilight shakes her head. "No, it's not like that, I'm from the future- next Thursday actually- Twilight you has to listen." She interrupts herself, turning to seemly past Twilight just as magical electricity starts to spark around her. "I only have a few seconds, so you've got to listen! Whatever you do, don't–" Before she can finish the sentence, she gets pulled back to probably the future, leaving present Twilight and Sniper very confused and also quite troubled.
"Oh no! What was she trying to warn me about?" Twilight wonders out loud, tipping on her hooves in worry of what horrible things must've happened for her to look like that.

And Sniper isn't faring much better. "Twilight, we got a problem." Dreading that them getting affected by their other in the human world can be part of what will happen in the near future. He explains Twilight about their current situation and she runs out, declaring incredibly worried. "It must be what she tried to warn me about! We have to prevent it to happen!" and Sniper runs after her, sure hoping they can prevent the future the other Twilight came from.
Getting Medic back to normal went rather easy, like with Rainbow Dash, contact with his Element partner did the trick and the grey unicorn is back to normal fairly quickly.
"I'm sorry I scared you miss Rarity." He apologizes while Demo unbound the robes. Rarity forgives him, but it's clear she got quite a scare from his insanity moment.
Heavy is trickier as he yet hasn't found his partner. But Twilight and Medic are certain they can fix it, so while they did that. Sniper explains the others of what both he and Twilight witness and this future Twilight has tried to warn them about something is going to happen the next Thursday.

"That's eight days from now on." Derpy muses, she turns to Twilight, asking; "Any idea what this disaster is?"

"No, but from how future me looked; it must be terrible!" Twilight exclaims, about to voice all her fears what can happen but before she can, Medic snaps her attention back to helping Heavy and she calms a bit down with the task before her. When she finishing the memory spell to remind Heavy of the good thing about himself, Heavy is back to normal, although dealing bit with a headache, nothing Medic can't fix, though . With this disaster fixed, she turns to her friends. "But we are going to stop it. Rainbow, Soldier and Derpy, you get as many pegasi and look for any kind of problem there could lead to this disaster, and I mean anything."
"You got it!" Rainbow smirks.
Soldier salutes with Derpy besides him simply nodding, the three takes off and Twilight turns to the others. "Everypony else, time to disaster-proof Equestria!"

That's exactly what they do and although Twilights goes quite overboard with it, her friends have long learned just to go with it unless they want a long tiresome argument with a stressed Twilight. They make sure no wall or bridge has a major crack, that any water tank has enough water if a fire should suddenly arrive and even made sure no of the beasts inside Everfree are too close. With all the tasks done, the whole team of Element bearers gathers before Sugarcube Corner. Here the list holding Twilight asks Applejack's team. "What about Everfree?"

"A few Timberwolves were a bit too close, so we chased them off." Applejack explains and must say that it's hard to be scared of those wooded wolves when hanging around Heavy and Demo, both experienced fighters.

Twilight checkmark her list, turning to the pegasi where Soldier declares in a salute. "Not a single threat all from Fillydelphia to Las Pegasus!"

Again a checkmark and lastly Twilight turns to the zebra disguised Spy, Fluttershy and Scout. "All clear from the animals." Fluttershy says, still having a couple of squirrels sitting on her back, turning her eyes to Scout there says from their search. "Same here, not even at the shady places." with Spy simply nodding in agreement.

"Excellent. Well, we've done everything on the list, but still..." Twilight folds the long list she made for them to do in order to prevent disaster. "Future Twilight looked like she'd been through a horrible ordeal. I just have this nagging feeling we should be looking for something bigger. But what?" She asks herself.

A loud roar suddenly emerges, making several of them jump from the startle. Turning around the group spots a huge black, three-headed dog running into town, only stopping to make yet another loud roar.

Pinkie Pie walks calmly over to the stunned town ponies, calling for their attention. "Okay, everypony, follow my lead." She says super serious, to then scream and flees and the town ponies follow suit.
.
"Well, it did the trick." Demo muses as it did make the town ponies get out of the way. His sweetheart did run over to him for cover and nuzzling her briefly, he suggests to the frighten Berry Punch. "Better run home, never know we have to fight this doggy." She nods and with a kiss on his cheek. "See you later." She runs away from the scene.
Demo and the others turn their full attention back to the huge three-headed dog.
Pyro didn't even wait to see if this dog is a threat or not, she unleashes her flames on it but this dog must be fireproof for all it does having its body engulfed in flames is being confused.

Scared that Pyro; a full-grown dragon has no effect on this dog, Spike runs over to Twilight, asking her scared. "What is that thing?!" and she is kind enough to explain him, even though he is worried because she is smiling. "That's Cerberus, he is immune against fire, that's why Pyro's flames don't work! He's supposed to be guarding the gates of Tartarus." The dog in question walks away from the flames and starts to chew on Berry Punch roof's cosmetic berries, probably mistaking them for real berries. "But if he's here, then all the ancient evil creatures that have been imprisoned there could escape and destroy Equestria!"

"She's hanging around you too much, doc." Engineer remarks dryly, also taking notice that Twilight is a tad too excited about this guardian of what sounds like this place prison is roaming around and making a mess. Medic grins at his words. "It's not often we get to fight a dog from the Greeks underworld of the dead." and Engineer rolls his eyes at the unicorn, but must agree with Medic.

Twilight steps forward, her horn glowing. "He looks like he could use some obedience training." But before she or anypony else can fight this three-headed dog into submission, Fluttershy has already made it completely docile by rubbing its belly. Twilight must say that she is impressed. "Wow, I knew you were good with animals, but this is amazing!" She had no idea Fluttershy could tame even the guardian of Tartarus.

Completely unafraid of this huge three-headed beast, in fact, all Fluttershy sees is a lost dog and she explains Twilight. "Aww, he's just a big furry guy who got out of his yard, that's all. Right, Cerberus?" She asks and coos the huge dog while continually rubbing its belly.
The moment of bliss between her and this lost dog is however cut a bit short when Pinkie Pie, still screaming runs past them. At least Cerberus does not mistake her for a living toy, all it fortunately does is staring startled at the screaming pink pony.

Twilight calls for said screaming pony, snapping Pinkie out from her panic and asks her. "Do you have a ball I can borrow?" and Pinkie zooms over to a hollow tree. "I have balls stashed all over Ponyville, in case of ball emergency." Twilight doesn't even bother to asks, she lets the turned human do that.

"Why do you have balls all over Ponyville?" Miss Pauling asks, blinking when Scout replies. "You never know when you need one." As if it's the most normal thing in the world. And surely he has been here for too long, for not only hands the pink pony Twilight a ball but throws a baseball over to Scout there hits it with a baseball he did not have a moment ago. Making that monster dog chase the flying baseball. "Where did you get that bat??" Miss Pauling asks now utterly confused, and straight out frantic when the other mercenaries just take it in stride and that zebra stallion remarks dryly to Scout. "Please don’t pick up Pinkie antics, dealing with her is bad enough."

Scout smirks back and 'returns' his baseball bat back to his invisible saddlebag. "It's fun breaking the rules." But he doubts he ever is going to have as big on grasp on this reality-bending as Pinkie, though.

Reclaiming the bigger ball from Pinkie, Twilight calls for the three-headed dog there has lost sight of the baseball Scout threw for it. The dog turns all its three heads to her. She levitates the ball in front of the three heads and the already playful dog is panting happily of having another— and bigger ball to chase. "Look what I have!" She calls, waving the ball in front of the dog and starts running with the happy panting Cerberus right at her side, chasing the ball. "I'll be back as soon as I've returned him to the gates of Tartarus." She calls back to the others, thinking that once he is back at home, they have avoided the disaster future her warned them about.

"Well, that was easy." Engineer remarks, but is happy it was. They have spent six days on making sure no disaster would happen by fool-proofing the whole town and searching the other cities and all that running around does he sure can use a nice relaxing day.
The others agree on the same and one by one, they head back or out to do their own thing. Although they all were a bit wary what kind of disaster this future Twilight warned them about and will be very glad when Thursday has passed so they can return back to their normal worries such as the mystery with the shadow ponies, how to become whole and deal with the once and a while real danger this world likes to throw at them.

Nothing happens the last days and when Thursday the future Twilight warned them about slowly reaches its end, Twilight, now looking like the one there appeared to her a week past returns back home after have left to find the source of the disaster in her grand panic mode. She finds Sniper sitting on a cloud, tensely watching the town for whatever disaster they got warned about. "Sniper, you don't have to keep watch!" She calls up to him, making the more vigilant than usual griffin looks down to her. He blinks and flies down, letting her explain. "There's no disaster, the future me we saw tried to warn past me about not to worry about the future."

"Which ended up with you going in full panic mode." Sniper remarks, yet cannot help but smile for that is just typical Twilight. Crossing his front talons like he would with his feet if human, he asks smirking. "So, I figure you are future Twilight now."

"I sure am." Twilight smiles, now looking exactly like the Twilight they both saw in the library.

"Well, don't scare everyone into a panic frenzy." Sniper goodhearted lectures her and gives the very tired looking unicorn a small hit over the shoulder. "But knowing you, I doubt this will be the last time you go all panic on us."
Twilight laughs embarrassed and sure hope future her won't go this overboard again.
It's quite stressful.

Author's Note:

thanks to Celestia and Luna, you guys now know what soon is about to happen. Twilight thought she too can predict the future but all she did was going into an epic panic mode. was planning on writing a chapter to the episode "lesson Zero" but dropped it as the chapter didn't change that much compared to the episode other than a few lines from the tf2 guys. so it stays as a small mention.

if you have any wish for an episode becoming a chapter, feel free to ask.

PreviousChapters Next