• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 26

Perspective: Fluttershy

“Woah there filly. Its okay I got ya,” said Soarin with a charming smile. Fluttershy thrashed erratically in his strong arms, wanting nothing more than to sprint back to her cottage and hyperventilate the day away. She struggled and squirmed, which he giggled at.

The soft flaps of Soarin’s wings brought the pair back to the ground, which Fluttershy was thinking of kissing in relief. She shot out of his grip and stood aloof with a terrified eye on him.

Rainbow Dash flew over to Fluttershy, her mane a mess and her chest heaving. She was about to slam the other Pegasus into the ground in a tackle, but held herself together to not hurt the unborn foal. Instead she wrapped her forelegs around the physically unharmed butter mare. “Im so sorry ‘Shy. I didn’t mean to drop you. But then again, you did get saved by a Wonderbolt which is about 20% than being saved by me. So I guess everything actually works out! By the way, Im Rainbow Dash,” said the Young Flier Winner as she held out a hoof to Soarin’. He accepted and shook it with smile.

“I know who you are Miss Rainbow Dash. We’ve met on more than one occasion,” said the cocky Wonderbolt with a faux seductive wink that was enough to make Rainbow Dash almost faint dramatically like Rarity.

“Oh my gosh! Soarin the Wonderbolt knows my name! Remember when I zoomed over and caught your pie at the Gala? I was so quick, wasn’t I?”

“Yeah…I guess,” said Soarin, rubbing the back of his neck with a hoof. “Anyways, I have to get back to the others. You gals coming to the show later?”

“Hay yeah!” said Rainbow giddily, extending her wings to show them off as if it would make Soarin invite her into the performance.

“And you? He turned his attention to the cowering Pegasus that hadn’t made herself very unnoticeable by hiding behind Dash’s tail.

“Um, i-I don’t know… I have t-to…” her voice trailed off into a squeak. She backed up a few steps and muttered a few more squeaks that were meant to come out as ‘I have to go now,’ but Soarin flapped his wings over to her.

“I think I know you too.” Fluttershy covered her eyes with her hair to make herself less recognizable. Soarin rubbed his muzzle in thought, and clapped his hooves together with brightened eyes. “Yeah. I do know you! I used you to try out one of my new tricks. And then we hung out at a Shirish bar, right?”

“Um, I-I think you’re mistaken…” whispered Fluttershy, refusing to look at the male Wonderbolt celebrity.

“Yeah, it was definitely you. You stayed with Spitfire and Misty if I remember correctly. Man I was so hammered that night,” he chuckled. Rainbow Dash joined in the laughter awkwardly, making Soarin shoot her a confused and annoyed look. Rainbow’s laugh trailed off into an uncomfortable chuckle. “You have to come to the show. I promise I wont pull you up again,” he said.

“We’ll be there!” yelled Rainbow, hugging Fluttershy to her side.

“Great.” And with that, Soarin spread his wings and soared off towards a field on the outskirts of town.

“Can you beliee it Shy? The Wonderbolts want us there! Us! This is so great. Maybe if I drop you again and catch you real fast they’ll see how great I am again and let me join! Man that would be so awesome!”

Fluttershy didn’t say a word, not wanting to crush Rainbow Dash’s dream. They walked to Ponyville, Rainbow Dash squealing all the way. They came into the square, where everypony was busy running their shops. Carrot Top’s store was packed with ponies wanting to try the new carrot dogs she was advertising. Rose’s petunias were in full bloom, and a group of paparazzi were yelling and flashing their cameras insanely around a café.

A tent was strung up across Ponyville Bridge. A VIP sign stood stationed outside of it, and bleachers were scattered about the field. Refusing to cross the bridge that held so many bad memories, Fluttershy convinced Rainbow Dash to turn around and check out what was happening at the café.

“Wow, is Sapphire Shores in town?” asked Rainbow.

Rainbow flew and took Fluttershy to the air and hovered above the paparazzi to get a view into the café.

“Fluttershy?” yelled out a voice in the café. A pair of wings flapped and the cameras went insane, but soon enough a famous fire-maned mare was hovering in front of the pair. “Hi!” squealed Spitfire as she wrapped Fluttershy in a hug. Rainbow’s draw almost touched the Earth below them, seeing that Derpy Hooves wasn’t fibbing when she said the two were close. However, she maintained her grip on Fluttershy. “How are you? I haven’t seen you since the show!”

“Good,” said Fluttershy. She gripped Rainbow for safety, and Spitfire raised and eyebrow.

“Whats wrong?” she asked, “Can’t you fly?”

Fluttershy shook her head no, and rubbed her stomach. “Oh my Celestia! Congratulations! Tell Mac I say congrats!” said Spitfire with a large smile. “You have to tell me everything! Wanna join me and Misty for lunch?”

“That would be lovely. Thank you,” whispered Fluttershy, who was feeling a bit puckish for some onions and peanut butter. “Can my friend come too?” Rainbow Dash blushed at the sweet request.

“Yeah sure. The more the merrier.” Spitfire was starting to sound a lot like Pinkie Pie with her cheeriness. Rainbow Dash descended as daintily as she could to not harm Fluttershy and once she was safely on the ground, did a little excited hop/dance. The blue and yellow pegasi friends followed after the Wonderbolt into the café. Spitfire sauntered in without a problem, but a pair of buff pegasi stood in Fluttershy and Rainbow’s way. Rainbow tried to peer around them, but they gave her the stink eye. One was brown with a blonde main, and the other was beige with a brown mane. They closely resembled the two pegasi colts that Rainbow had raced in Summer Flight Camp when she got her cutiemark, but they were wearing caps and sunglasses so she couldn’t be sure. The only time she got a glimpse at their eyes was when they’d lean their noses down to give her the stink eye. “Charlie, Rick. Come on. They’re friends,“ rang out Spitfire’s voice from inside. The two nodded their heads slightly and stepped aside. Rainbow trotted inside cockily, but Fluttershy walked slowly with her head down, taking in the surroundings. Connemara Café had a vintage feel. A long hallway lined with knick-knacks and wooden beams was dark and cozy. Then, it opened into a bright parlor with marble floors. The wooden planks recede and the shine and light of the parlor café take over. Marble beams hold the place up, and a small display case shows pastries and cakes and croissants. It was by far the fanciest place in Ponyville, and many celebrities stopped in on their tours. A pale pink earth pony with a straight brown mane was filling a cup at the cappuccino machine behind the marble counter while a white stallion with a short blue mane and spectacle tapped his hoof impatiently. A bar stocked with every liquor was nestled in the corner and some of the male Wonderbolts were already drunk, despite having a show shortly. Everything was expensive too. A tall coffee sold for ten bits, while a pistachio crumble was about fifteen. Whether it was the quality or ponies believed anything more expensive was better, the café was always bustling. Misty, adorned in Wonderbolt uniform waved from a table that Spitfire was headed for.

“Oh my gosh! Fluttershy! We haven’t seen you in forever,” called out Misty as she flew in for a hug. “Wow, nice tummy,” she laughed, patting the yellow Pegasus. Rainbow Dash took a seat next to Spitfire and was trying to engage in a conversation to increase her chances of becoming a Wonderbolt. The Wonderbolts and Fluttershy started with the idle chit-chat of ‘how are you’ and ‘what have you been up to.’ They talked about Big Macintosh for a while, and then shifted the conversation to the pregnancy.

“Earth or Pegasus?” asked Misty between cups of coffee that were being refilled in lightning speed.

“Earth pony. Couldn’t be happier,” said a blushing Fluttershy, for only she and a select few understood the meaning of that. It was like Nightmare Moon herself had decided to strike again, for Soarin’ drunkily stumbled over. Fluttershy tensed up and grabbed Rainbow Dash’s hoof. Rainbow looked at her quizzically, but did not take her hoof away. Some tears tried to leak their way through Fluttershy’s eyes, but she held them back. She didn’t want everypony looking at her and start asking questions.

Soarin’ made eye contact with the timid Pegasus and stumbled over to her. “Hey hey hey Spitfire. You’re looking mighty fine,” he slurred. It brought back too many memories. No pony spoke. Suddenly Spitfire laughed.

“Better lay off the drink Soarin. I’m over here.” The male Wonderbolt co-captain looked rapidly between Fluttershy and Spitfire. Then he laughed too. He turned towards Spitfire.

“Hey hey hey Spitfire. You’re looking mighty fine,” he slurred once again, making her laugh and punch him on the shoulder. Although the tension was broken, Fluttershy couldn’t stop sweating.

“I’m sorry girls. I have to run. I’ll see you later at the show!” said Fluttershy rapidly as she galloped out of the café.

“Wait! Fluttershy!” called out Spitfire. Rainbow didn’t follow, but stayed with the Wonderbolts.

Soarin looked at Fluttershy as she ran off, and his mind flashed back. He saw Spitfire walking out of a bar, and then the image of Spitfire flashed to Fluttershy leaving the bar. He remembered following and- “Oh no,” he whispered as his face paled.