• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 17

Perspective: Big Macintosh

A father. Macintosh was going to be a father! He couldn't believe it. A s soon as Fluttershy told him in the boutique, he had embraced her tighter than ever before. He knew Applejack would be steamed at him for not waiting until they were married, but he didn't care. He was about to have a little Applebloom of his own!

Big Macintosh strode through Ponyville with his head held high. Passing by Carrot Top's Carrot Cake stand, Big Mac spotted Berry Punch and her clones. She looked his way as he passed, having heard his heavy hoofsteps. When they made eye contact, she looked terrified. Big Macintosh hated that somepony was scared of him. He tried to be as friendly and neutral as possible. But Berry had messed with his mare, and that would not stand. Big Mac snorted at her, and she hastily turned back to the stand and pretended to be fascinated with her hooficure.

The red stallion continued on his route until he reached his home, as happy as a horse could be. "Hey Big Macintosh!" squealed Applebloom. Big Mac turned his head to the left, seeing his filly sister and her friends scurry out of the barn. Applebloom went right up to him, followed by Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Applebloom wrapped herself around Big Mac's left front leg. He frowned a little. She only did that when she wanted something.

"What do ya'll want, ya silly filly?" said the brother stallion, giving his sister a nougie.

"Macintosh!" whined Applebloom as she repositioned her now crooked pink bow. When Applebloom Had first received the bow, she hated it. She always tried to be a tomcolt. It would break Applejack's heart, seeing her sister mistreat the sacred bow that belonged to her late mother. But as Applebloom grew older, she learned to respect and appreciate the accessory, and now cared for it with all her heart, knowing it was a rare connection to her mother.

"Now you owe me!" moaned Applebloom. Big Mcac raised an eyebrow, realizing what he had just gotten himself into. "As the best big brother in the world…" Big Mac started to get scared. "Can you please, please, please slingshot us from an apple tree?" Applebloom and her friends put on their biggest puppy-dog eyes and whimpered with quivering lips.

"Nope," said Ma, shaking his head at the ridiculous request.

"Aww!" cried the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They lowered their heads and sulked away, making Big Mac feel guilty.

"Fine," said the defeated stallion.

The three fillies shot their heads up with huge smiles, as if they hadn't been crying a moment before. Fakers.

Nestled into an empty cider barrel, the Cutie Mark Crusaders prepared for take off. They had ecpected Big Mac to be a push-over and say yes, so they had already constructed a cushy barrel full of pillows for themselves. Scootaloo, having been fascinated with flying dynamics, calculated the distance they would travel by the force of the apple tree's snap back, and had positioned a landing zone of a trampoline, hay, and pillows to cushion the fall.

"Ya'll sure you wanna do this," asked Mac nervously.

"Heck yeah! Cutie Mark Crusaders Slingshot Testers Go!" yelled the fillies in unison. They fastened goggles on their faces, and gripped the barrel edge tightly. Well, Scootaloo and Appleebloom did. Sweetie Bell was curled into a terrified ball.

Mac balanced himself, andreleased the barrel. As soon as he was sure they were off, he whipped around to see what the outcome would be. He saw his sister and her friends soar through the air cheering, and land perfectly on Scootaloo's landing area. The barrel bounced on the trampoline little, and they all climbed out, safe and sound. Even Sweeite Belle was cheering and laughing by this time. Even from where he was standing, Big Mac could see their heads whip around to check their still bare flanks. They let out a disappointed grumble, and walked back up towards Big Mac with sour expressions.

"Thanks anyways though Mac," said Scootaloo. Big Macintosh felt bad to see the fillies so unhappy with their latest failure, so he slit his head under each of their bellies, sliding them onto his back. They still looked unhappy, so he bucked his hind legs, sending them flying into a pile of hay adjacent to the barn. The fillies giggled with joy, forgetting their previous moods.

Big Macintosh smiled as he walked away from his work. It always made him so happy to see to make his family happy. He walked into the Apple Family farmhouse. The screen door swung shut as he passed through, whistling a tune while a piece of straw swung loosely from his lips. He passed the opening to the kitchen, where he stopped in his path. Applejack was sitting with a glass of whiskey, her head resting on a hoof. She noticed Big Mac in the doorway, and smiled brightly.

"Afternoon Macintosh! How are ya'll?" piped up his sister.

"I'm fine," he said skeptically, "Why ya sulkin'?"

"Applejack shifted some nervous weight, and not being able to tell a lie, breathed out. "I was watchin' ya play with Applebloom. It was so sweet. And watching her laugh, it just reminded me so much of mama." Applejack stared sadly into her glass, and Big Mac put a hoof on her shoulder.

"I miss her too." Applejack sniffed a little, but would not let herself cry in front of her big brother.

"How was yur day Mac?" asked Applejack chaging the subject.

"Great!" he said a little more excitedly then he would have hoped. "You'll never guess, but Fluttershy's havin a foal!" Big Mac let out a happy whinny and looked at his sister, waiting for a congratulations. But her face had a look of horror. Her eyes darted around Big Mac's face madly.

She stood up and stomped angrily towards him. She was angrier than he could have ever imagined. He knew AJ would chew him out for not waiting, but he didn't think she would be this angry.

"How could you be happy about this? After all she's been through! You're sick!" screamed Applejack.

"I.. uh-" stammered the crimson work pony, clearly confused at what was going on.

"Being proud and giddy about something so horrible. What do you find exciting about your own fiancé having another stallion's foal! She's probably a wreck, and you're here prancing around like a school filly!"

"Another stallion-" said Big Mac dumbfounded. He fell on his haunches as Applejack continued her rant, not realizing Big Mac's genuine state of shock.

"And when Soarin's foal pops out you'll probably leave the bastard child cuz you were too dumb to care!" Applejack gulped down her whiskey and slammed the cup on the table. She blinked hard, fazed by the strong taste and effect of the drink. And then she saw Mac, sitting on the ground, a single tear running down his cheek as he stared absently into space. He looked up at his furious sister who was now looking confused and guilty. "She… she didn't tell you?" said AJ with sad, caring eyes. Big Macintosh shook his head no, letting his sandy mane sweep from side to side. Applejack hadn't known that Fluttershy and Mac had mated, so she must have assumed the foal wasn't his.

Another stallion's foal? Fluttershy had been with another stallion? Was that why she had been acting so oddly lately? She was keeping such a big thing from him. But why? And with Soarin? A Wonderbolt?

Big Macintosh grew furious. He gritted his teeth roughly, and snorted, He furrowed his brow and almost yelled out. He stood up and bolted out the door, going to find and confront his fiancé, if he could even call her that anymore. He faintly heard Applejack calling him back as if she had forgotten to mention something. But he had heard enough.

The real question that floated into Mac's mind though, was what if it wasn't Soarin's. It could just as easily been Big Macintosh's foal. The two sexual encounters must have been close together. Fluttershy had been so distraught and abnormal the day after the Wonderbolts show, so that's the only possible time it could have happened. So now the question remained in Mac's thoughts.

Who's foal was it?