• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 25

Perspective: Fluttershy

“Fluttershy! Hey Fluttershy! Flutter- Oh no! Watch out!” a voice screamed from the cloudless sky above Fluttershy’s cottage. She looked up from planting her petunias to see a blonde maned mare spiraling crazily towards her.

“Eeep!” she squeaked, freezing like a deer in carriage lights as the grey Pegasus rapidly falling towards her. The Pegasai collided, a flurry of feathers floating around the impact sight. Fluttershy barely stood on the dirt with Ditzy Doo sitting atop her back with cross eyed and a gleeful expression.

“Hey Fluttershy!” she saod, and the yellow Pegasus rubbed her aching head, huffing locks of Ditzy’s lemonade colored tail off her muzzle.

“Oh, hi Ditzy,” responded Fluttershy in a strained voice as she struggled to keep herself from falling on her stomach. Celestia knows what could have happened if she had fallen on her stomach and hurt the foal. Ditzy slid off of the pregnant mare and nuzzled her back on her hooves more.

“Wow Shy, you got big!”” said Ditzy, flapping her wings and circling Fluttershy with a large grin.

“I suppose-“

“I haven’t seen you forever! Its been like, two weeks since the wedding! Where yeah been!?”interrupted Ditzy.

“Well, we went on our Honeymoon-“

“Guess what! The Wonderbolts are in town!” continued Ditzy. That made Fluttershy tense up. A wave of nausea hit her and her legs wobbled. ‘The Wonderbolts,’ thought Fluttershy. ‘Soarin.’

Ditzy continued on, her cross eyed not landing on Fluttershy’s terrified state. “Yeah like Spitfire and stuff. I remember you guys were good friends after the show. Man that was fun!” squealed Ditzy.

Of course Fluttershy couldn’t blame her for wanting to go see the Wonderbolts again. They were celebrities. Hot shots. And Ditzy didn’t know that Soarin had done a terrible awful. And Fluttershy was positive that Applejack wouldn’t be flapping her gums either. She was had promised to keep a secret, even if it meant keeping it from their best friends.

As Ditzy lowered herself to the ground, the sound of a ann engine falling from the sky rang out, and a shot of Rainbow started racing towards the two pegasi sitting at the cottage on the edge of the Everfree Forest. With a audible thud, a cyan Pegasus mare with a wild rainbow mane stood before them.

“Fluttershy! Guess who’s in town? The Wonderbolts! Can you believe it? Here! In Ponyville! Its so awesome!” ranted Rainbow Dash as she squished her cheeks together in uncontrollable excitement. “Oh, hey Derpy,” added Rainbow.

“Hey Rainbow Dash! You know, Fluttershy is tight with the Wonderbolts,” said Ditzy to the Wonderbolt wannabe.

“Pshh, yeah right,” laughed Rainbow Dash.

“Ditzy, I don’t-“ warned Fluttershy.

“Hay yeah its true! We hung out with them all night after their show in Cloudsdale a few months back. Fluttershy and Spitfure and Misty were talking all night long. It was so fun,” squealed Ditzy.

The distinct sound of Dash’s jaw hitting the ground rung out. “Are you serious?” the Pegasus questioned. She zoomed over to Fluttershy and held her in the air, “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“I didn’t want you to get mad… It happened so fast-“ said Fluttershy, avoiding the mare’s eye contact.

“This is awesome!!! Now I’ll have connections and they’ll have to let me in! This is so great!” yelled Rainbow Dash. “Come on! We have to go see them before they leave.”

Rainbow Dash shot off with a beam of rainbow trailing behind her. “Wait,” said Fluttershy, wanting to explain that she didn’t want to go.

“Come on Shy!” said Ditzy as she too flew off.

“Wait,” said Fluttershy. Now that the two crazy pegasi were gone in the distance, and with her weighted stomach she was glued to the ground, she started her way into her cottage.

She opened the door, and felt herself get pulled into the air. “Eeep!” screamed the frightened pregnant mare as Rainbow Dash came out of nowhere and carried her into Ponyville Square in ten seconds flat.

Fluttershy struggled, but Rainbow Dash had a firm grip around her belly. She flew at supersonic speeds; more than ready to meet the Wonderbolts as a VIP with Fluttershy.

Rainbow made a sharp turn around town square and the fillies were in Ponyville Square. They had passed Ditzy Do on the way there, but she had denied the need of any help to get to Ponyville, even if her flying habits suggested otherwise.

Reaching supersonic speeds to reach the Wonderbolts before they departed the small town, Fluttershy’s cheeks blew open in the wind. “Rai-ain-bo-oo-w pl-eeeaaassee- slow.” Fluttershy was barely able to plead with her tongue forced back by the high winds they were cutting through.

Suddenly, a flash of flames shot by, singing Rainbow’s forelock. “OhmigodOhmigodOhmygod!” screamed Rainbow Dash. “Spitfire!” The rainbow maned mare put her hooves to her face to hold in her squeals of excitement, dropping the preganant Pegasus who could not fly.

Fluttershy screamed as she descended rapidly through the clouds, her heavy barrel weighing her down. She tried to flap her wings, but they weren’t sufficient with the weight she now carried. Her mane was whipped up as she waved her limbs and spread out her legs to try and increase her surface area to slow the fall. If only I was a flying squirrel. Or a tree… she thought to herself. Feeling all her efforts were fruitless, the yellow Pegasus held her stomach, rubbing it as a tear slipped down her cheek.

“I love you, a bushel and a peck. A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. A kiss round the neck. A barrel and a heapin’. I think your mine to keep. Cause I, Love, You.” Flutershy whispered out her favorite lullaby, one she would sing all the time to her unbor foal. Having years of animal experience, she knew the foal couldn’t actually hear her specifically, but it soothed her as well. She sang before she crashed to the ground, saying goodbye.

But goodbye never came. Before she hit the ground, a Pegasus zoomed by, catching Fluttershy in its hooves. And that Pegasus was light blue, with a dark blue mane.