• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,869 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,869

Chapter 3

Perspective: Big Macintosh

Big Macintosh relaxed on the Apple family's porch, enjoying the slight breeze that swept through the apple trees and took some of the morning's heat off his skin from the work he did before noon. He still had half the day left to work; this was his favorite part of work… break time. He sipped from a glass of Iced-Tea, which he had added a splash of whisky to to keep him buzzed during work. Not too much, but enough to get him through the day. He was proud to say he could control his drinking, unlike some of the party mares he would see stumbling around Ponyville.

Big Mac closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall of the house. He popped a wheat strand into his mouth and happily gnawed on it until he started to drift off to sleep.

Before he entered dren (full sleep), a dainty shadow appeared on him and brought a cool relief from the summer sun that was turning the porch into a sauna. He opened one eye to investigate the source of this relief. None other than the shy mare Fluttershy stood over him with quizzical eyes. She had a gentle yet shy smile on her face, like she had something to say but didn't know how. Big Mac hoisted himself up to greet the mare. She was sweating a little from the heat of the day, but it only added a beautiful shine to her coat that glittered off her sparkling eyes as she blinked innocently.

"Howdy Miss Fluttershy! What brings ya to Sweet Apple Acres?" questioned Big Mac friendlily

"Oh, Im, um , so sorry to wake you Big Macintosh, but I, uh never mind." The words fell from Fluttershy's lips and splatted on the ground making so little sound that they barely reached Big Mac's ear. She turned to leave with a tomato for a face, when Big Mac put a hoof on her shoulder.

"Wait, uh, is there somethin' on yur mind mam?" He wanted to know. And he had just touched her. He savored the silkiness of her fur for a second before releasing.

"Its just that I wanted to thank you for taking care of Angel, and Im so so so sorry about his behavior. So, I baked you some thank you treats." Fluttershy dropped a picnic basket that had been dangling on the end of her tail the whole time. Big Mac tipped over the lid to investigate the goodies that awaited him. He inhaled, and his mouth watered at the aroma. Cookies, pastries, crumbles, miniature pies galore! He had never seen such an array of snacks in his life. He closed his eyes and took a bite of a random treat. His eyes shot open at the taste of such a heavenly deesert that graced his tongue. He swallowed and smiled a smile bigger than he ever had at Fluttershy.

"You like them?"

"Eeyup"

"Oh thank Celestia. Im so glad" said Fluttershy happily.

"Ah, would you like to accompany me in the fields for a bit, Miss Fluttershy?" Big Mac asked out of the blue, "If yur not busay." If he could, Big Macintosh would have given himself a weird look. The question was so out of the blue for him. Maybe it was just the sugar and whisky talking, but he would sure like the company, especially of such a mare.

"I… ugh… yes." Fluttershy looked shocked at the abruptness of such a question, but was also relieved that she wouldn't have to be the one to suggest that they spend more time together.

They walked side-by-side to the apple fields, where Big Mac bucked extra hard to show off for Fluttershy. He wasn't usually the cocky type, but this mare was special somehow. He really wanted her to like him.

He bucked, and she watched. There were few words, just some exchanged smiles. Big Mac was absolutely fine with that. He had once dated this girl, Berry Punch, She talked both his ears off about fruit, juice, beaches, and anything she could literally make up to come out of her mouth. Of course, he wouldn't let it show that it bothered him. He was a gentleman. Instead, he nodded and said "Eeyup" every time she complained about a co-worker at the fruit stand or something.

Fluttershy watched with interested eyes, as she took in the skill he possessed at apple bucking. Once and a while, she would say something about her work with the animals, and then she would listen to Mac rave on and on about the potential the farm had and how great this year would be for business. After about a half hour of blabbering, he realized he had been… well… blabbering. He blushed at how much he talked, he usually kept his mouth shut. But he was so passionate about the farm. "Sorry. I know it ain't very interestin' to hear bout' the farm."

"No, no. Actually I really enjoyed it. So, what do you think the best apple is?" This started Mac up for another hour.