• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 10

Perspective: Fluttershy

Fluttershy cuddled into the neck of her stallion savior. He breathed heavily, taking anap after his long day of applebucking. It had been a week since the Berry Punch incident, and she was glad it was over. Berry and her friends hadn't bothered her since Mac talked to them. Fluttershy didn't know what he said to them, but she was sure he didn't hurt them. It wasn't in Mac to do so.

She thought back to the day after the fateful encounter. After Big Mac ran away in a huff of anger, Fluttershy's sandy colored ears perked up at a curious, yet familiar sound. A rapid amount of "bops" were speeding her way, meaning none other than Pinkie Pie was about to pay her a visit.

"Fluttershy!" yelled Pinkie as she barreled her way. Fluttershy let out a small yeep. Sh really didn't feel like being cheered up at the moment, still in shock from the Berry incident. Her pupils went beady as Pinkie sped towards her, showing no attempt to slow herself down. Fluttershy started to close the door to prevent the impending attack by Pinkie Pie. Sadly, she was not fast enough, as Pinkie slammed into her, and pinned Fluttershy to the ground, panting heavily, indicating she was clearly bouncing for a while to get to Fluttershy.

"Why didn't you tell us Berry Punch was being mean to you?" questioned Pinkie Pie, her usual happy smile replaced by a genuinely concerned look.

"Us?" suspicioned Fluttershy. As she peered over Pinkie's shoulder, she noticed the rest of her friends had followed and were standing on her pathway outside of her cottage. They had concerned looks on their faces, and she saw Rarity start trotting towards her.

"Oh darling! Why didn't you tell us, dear? We would have had a word with those ruffians."

"Yeah!" chimed in Rainbow Dash as she mimicked karate moves in the air, "we would've made them pay for what they did to our Fluttershy!"

"How…how did you find out about that?" whispered/squeaked Fluttershy.

Pinkie's face got a smile again as she spoke, "Oh you silly filly. Big Mac told us. Well, he told me. And well, he just said 'some mares been beatin' up on you'. So, we came over. He was really mad about it. Huffin and puffin on that bench. He said even a party wouldn't make him feel better. When wouldn't a party work? Well, except for that time Applebloom didn't want one when she didn't get her cutie mark… hmphhmhm". Rainbow Dash quickly put a hoof over Pinkie Pie's mouth, and Fluttershy was happy for the moment to hear herself think.

"What Pinkie is trying to say, is that we don't need to know what happened. But since we knew something did, we're here for you," said Twilight as she put a hoof on her friend's shoulder.

"Thanks girls." The six ponies went into Fluttershy's cottage, not even Pinkie Pie daring to make Fluttershy break down by egging her on for details. They sipped some tea that Rarity made quietly, exchanging information about the past week.

Applejack broke the silence, directing a question at Twilight. "So… Twi, hows magic and everything?"

There was a lot of tension, as Twilight shifted in her seat, obviously looking for an answer. Everyone was itching to find out exactly what had happened to Fluttershy. Finally, Twilight spoke.

"Its been wonderful. I just learned how to read pony minds!"

"Impressive." Said Applejack, and all started thinking the same thing. Fluttershy felt a rush of realization. What if Twilight read her mind? She didn't want everypony making fun of her for not being stronger. Her mind was in a panicked jumble. But it was broken by Pinkie's squeaky voice.

"Oh! Oo! Read my mind! Read my mind!" Pinkie got a faux look of concentration on her face, as Twilight's eyes pressed closed and she gritted her teeth.

"What am I thinking, Twiley?" questioned Pinkie Pie excitedly. By now, even Rarity was interested in the feat of magic.

"You are thinking…" started Twilight, as the words formed in her head, "I don't see anything… Pinkie were you thinking about anything?

"Oh! I'm supposed to think! What to think about…" Pinkie started out a long drawl of inner turmoil of what to think about, when Rainbow Dash shoved her aside.

"Do me! Do me!" Fluttershy started to smile at her friends horsing around, and was ecstatic that she wasn't the focus of attention.

Twilight started again, only to suddenly get a sick look on her face and stop abruptly.

"Rainbow Dash! That's disgusting!" Rainbow fell to the floor cracking up as Twilight pretended to dry heave at the image that had been flashed into her mind. The rest of Fluttershy's friends started giggling, and Fluttershy felt a smile grace her lips too.

She was so happy to not have to talk about the event to her friends, but was grateful for their company.

Fluttershy snapped back to the present day reality as Big Mac squirmed beside her. His eyes drooped open, as he stretched his legs from his nap. Fluttershy nuzzled him with her head, and he smiled. They didn't speak of the incident, and both were content with that. Big Mac got to his feet rather slowly, and walked into the kitchen to grab some dinner. What he found though, was an extravagant dinner with squash, rutabaga, broccoli and tons of apple sweets. He looked to his side at Fluttershy, who was beaming. "Did you make this?" asked Big Mac, his mouth watering. Fluttershy nodded as her companion rushed hungrily to the table, taking not a second to pile heaps of food onto his plate. He did however, wait patiently for Fluttershy to grab her own food before chowing down. Fluttershy delicately picked at her small meal, while Mac devoured his feast.

When he was finished, he contently rubbed his belly, and held in a burp. He thanked Fluttershy throughout the meal, saying it was one of the nicest gestures ever. She accepted his thanks, and froze a little when she heard an "I love you" escape his lips, only for that sentence to be accompanied by the same one from her lips as well.