• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 22

Perspective: Big Macintosh

"DERPY! What have you done!" The scream was loud enough that everypony in Ponyville Square turned to look. It was hot, unusually hot for May 20th. Big Macintosh had surprised Fluttershy by deciding to take her out for ice cream to cool off. They both felt embarrassed at first, knowing ice cream was for fillies and colts. But when they got to Lickety Split Sr.'s and saw half the town enjoying some frozen treats, they felt better. Fluttershy almost dropped the small cup of vanilla ice cream she was eating. Big Mac, however, wouldn't let go of his chocolate sundae with peanuts and strawberry sauce for the world. But both ponies were quite startled when they heard Mayor Mare scream out at Derpy. When hearing 'Derpy', Big Mac had saw Fluttershy wince a little, knowing that she preferred to call the cross-eyed mare 'Ditzy'.

The red and yellow ponies along with most of the ponies in ear-shot of the scream galloped over to investigate what task Derpy had messed up this time. And oh, did she mess up. Ponyville Park couldn't be seen beneath a layer of snow. Fine crystal snowflakes covered the ground for about two feet. A breeze of cool air blew over the cold paradise, washing over the spectators who sighed in relief from the hot day.

Another voice rang out that wasn't Mayor Mare's.

"Derpy! How did you even do this? Winter is over!" said Rainbow Dash in shock. Derpy, not noticing the anger in Rainbow's voice, beamed a happy smile, like she was proud of her work.

"Oh that's easy! I put the clouds so they blocked the sun, and I stuffed some air conditioners in them, and then I borrowed Flurrie's slushie maker. And wa lah! Snow! I thought it would be a nice break from the heat," responded Derpy, happy as a school filly. Rainbow Dash face hoofed.

"Derpy, we cant afford to go through ANOTHER Winter Wrap Up. We just finished the last one. And either way, it wasn't supposed to be cloud for three more days. What am I going to report to Cloudsdale?" Rainbow was starting to get nervous but Derpy still looked upbeat and confused, as always.

The spectators started to lose interest in the reprimanding of Derpy Hooves, and had ran into the park to play in the snow. Fluttershy and Mac, the heat taking a toll on them, rushed into the snow and stomped around, scattering flurries all over their bodies. The heat of the air was cooler in the park, thanks to the multiple air conditioners Derpy had set up. She sure knew had to do a bad job. But she did really good on that bad job. Big Macintosh didn't care though; he could ask for a better time for it to snow. And as long as he didn't have to plow it up, he was going to play and have fun with his fiancé.

Fluttershy started to make a snow angel, and Big Mac was pulled into a snow ball fight with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Naturally, he was on Applebloom's team. He tried not to throw the snowballs to hard. Applebloom extended the invitation to Fluttershy, who politely declined. She wasn't one for violence, even just a harmless snowball fight. She was afraid she'd accidently hurt somepony. So she continued her snow angel happily, smiling and laughing. It was the same laughter that always stuck in Mac's head.

Twilight walked by the snowball fight and got caught in a crossfire, causing Spike to laugh and tease her uncontrollably for the next five minutes until she bucked him off into a snow fort. Rainbow Dash was trying to secure the snow and blow it away, but unicorn parents but a protective field around it and shot magic pulses of cool air up to preserve the snow so their kids could play. Carrot Top was reprimanding Snips and Snails for throwing a snowball at Diamond Tiara, but when she turned and left, they continued their assault. It was a great day for Ponyville.

After getting a little too carried away in the snowball fight, Big Mac excused himself. He was very competitive, and at one point he might have said "Eat your weakness." So, he got out of it before something worse happened. He went over to Fluttershy who was waiting patiently for him. They rolled in the snow a little to cool off, and tried to think of what to do to take advantage of such an oppurtunity. That's when Mac spied Scootaloo's sled. He was sure she wouldn't mind if they borrowed it.

"Oh, I don't know… Its awfully steep." Said Fluttershy as Mac loaded her onto the sled.

"Don't worry, I got you," he said to her, and her body relaxed. Big Mac positioned the sled at the top of Ponyville Park's many hills. Big Mac was sitting in the back, and Fluttershy's back was against his stomach. Mac had the straps in his hooves to control the sled, and he wrapped his back legs around Fluttershy a little to give her a sense of security.

In the distance they could hear Rarity saying "Pinkamena! Don't you dare eat that yellow snow! Pinkie!"

"One…two…three!" counted Mac, and on three her put his weight into his rear, pushing the sled down the hill. "Woohoo!" he yelled as the sled sped faster and faster down the hill. Snow spurted from the sides of the sled as it cut through the layers, sending the unique flakes a flutter all around and Mac and Fluttershy went further and further into the blanketed abyss that awaited ahead. The land looked flat in was so white, but green grass abruptly started as Ponyville Park ended, showing Derpy only had time to do part of Ponyville. The hill extended a far distance, and Big Mac looked as they sped by at the families with their foals playing together. HE saw fillies and colts having snowball fights, making snowponies, and constructing huge forts together. He couldn't wait to have those family activity's with his foal on the way. Who knows how much she could have gotten done with more time. At the initial launch, Fluttershy screamed and squeaked in fear, but as they progressed downwards, her fearful shrieks faded. Did, did he just hear a giggle? Scootaloo's sled gradually slowed to a stop, and Big Mac released Fluttershy from his grip. He was careful to make sure the ride was a smooth as possible s it wouldn't jostle or hurt the foal. She stepped off the sled and smiled widely.

"Can we do it again?" said the usually timid Pegasus with a huge grin.