• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 20

Perspective: Fluttershy

Fluttershy was gazing into Big Mac's soul, using a few tricks she picked up from "Madam Pinkie." She knew he was sorry. Fluttershy had escaped to her secluded spot for a few hours where she was able to think over the fight. She replayed everything he said. He had thought she'd cheated on him. She could never. She loved him too much. She knew he must have heard something out of context, and hadn't been told that the sexual encounter was not consensual. She forgave him. She was very forgiving. She had to be. If she weren't, she would have stepped on Angel long ago whenever he was rude to her.

A tear rolled down both of their check at the same time, and at that time, she knew for sure that she couldn't be mad at him. The universe was telling her that they belonged together, and she wouldn't let anything change that.

A moment later, their gaze was broken by Rainbow Dash sticking her head between the lovebirds'. "Fluttershy! We've been looking all over Ponyville for you! Where ya been?"

"Here." Whispered the Pegasus as she was shocked out of her daze.

"For how long?" questioned Rainbow Dash.

"Two hours."

"Mmkay." Said Rainbow Dash nonchalantly.

Applejack suddenly intervened, pushing Rainbow Dash away. Twilight was gone, probably teleported away after seeing everything was resolved and okay. "Come on, Rainbow. Lets leave these two to chat and catch up." Rainbow let out a few stubborn murmurs,

The orange pony and the rainbow maned Pegasus left the secluded hill and the lovebirds wre left alone. They got up and decided to walk back to Sweet Apple Acres because it was so close by. Then, they would eat a homemade dinner there and come back to their special hill to watch the sunset for the third time. Fluttershy put on her saddlebags and they started off.

"Ya wanna talk?" Mac asked his still fiancé. He knew that one day they would have to have closure and openly and truthfully discuss what happened, but the way they felt at the moment, it was a silently unanimous decision that it could wait until after the wedding. No more drama. No more fights. No more fear. Only love. That's what a relationship was supposed to be like, and the couple was content with that.

Big Mac held open the screen door for Fluttershy as she entered the Apple family farmhouse where the farming family lived. Granny Smith was surprisingly not sleeping in her rocking chair, but instead in the kitchen, cooking up something. Seeing the old pony working on a dish so ferociously, Fluttershy trotted over quickly. "Oh, let me help you with that," said Fluttershy, trying to gently get Granny Smith to give her the spoon she was using to mix a stew.

"Not so fast youngin'! In my day, the wife didn't cook until she was married!" said the grandmother as she used the spoon to wack the kind pony away. Big Mac and Fluttershy both exchanged surprised and confused looks, and both let out a little smile and giggle at the determination of such a sassy broad.

With every move oh her front leg while stirring, Granny Smith's bones would creak and crack. Fluttershy desperately wanted to help the kind, old soul, but Mac held her back, knowing that granny could get very defensive about cooking and traditions. Celestia help them if she found out they mated before marriage. She would have Big Macintosh's hind end, and probably turn the town to thinking Fluttershy was a witch or something like the town had thought of Zecora.

Using a ladle, Granny Smith spooned stew into two bowls with her wrinkled hooves. Looking at Macintosh, Fluttershy poured half of the contents in her bowl into his, knowing he needed to eat more than she did.

The couple chowed down, tasting the warm lentil soup as it slid down their throats and warmed their bellies. Even though it was starting to get out outside, it still felt nice to half a full, warm stomach.

Even though Big Mac had almost double the amount of food as Fluttershy, they finished eating at the same time. Mainly because Fluttershy ate slowly and daintily and Mac ate quickly and sloppily.

After thanking granny Smith several times, the couple set back out to their special hill to watch the sunset together for the third time.

The couple set off, but almost immediately was flocked by a group of ponies from town. They all had small gifts and baby things and cards. Fluttershy blushed a deep red and felt like she was going to cry. She forgot that everypony knew her horrible secret now. They knew she was pregnant with a foal that she didn't know who the father was. They knew that she was fighting with Mac and that her life would be stressful. They were all staring at her She wanted to disappear. Then, Big Mac stepped in front of her. She was sure he was going to yell at the ponies to leave but he surprised everypony when he said "Thank you everypony for your kindness and consideration. Everythin' is much appreciated, but my fiancé and I would like some alone time." Fluttershy watched as the group of ponies set their gifts and cards on the Apple Family porch and dispersed. The astounding thing was that Fluttershy didn't particularly know any of the ponies in the group. Pinkie definitely would have. Maybe she sent them over. Fluttershy didn't know, but she was touched by their kindness.

After the crowd had completely dispersed, Fluttershy and Big Mac continued on towards their spot. They reached it in no time, and found that they had some time to spare before Celestia lowered the sun. Suddenly Fluttershy had an idea.

"Big Mac?" she asked, "You don't mind if I send a letter to Princess Celestai while we wait, do you?"

"Nope," he responded with a famed half smile of his. Fluttershy reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a quill, ink, and sheet of scroll.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned a valuable lesson about friendship. I learned that it is always beneficial to be honest with your friends. However it is also vital to be honest with yourself. While it may seem like keeping the truth from somepony would spare their feelings, it could end up hurting them, and yourself in the end. It is always better to be open and share what is bothering you, rather than hold it in until it festers and explodes n a scene. Friendship is about being straightforward and frank with each other, and you shouldn't keep something that is hurting you a secret to protect anypony else. I learned that if somepony cares about you enough, they can always help you if you tell them what happened.

Sincerely,

Fluttershy Carington

Fluttershy slipped the letter into her saddlebag, making a metal note to give it to spike later for him to send. She always winced when she wrote her last name. She hated using it, but it was necessary for an official letter to royalty. With the letter no off her mind, Fluttershy nestled her body into Mac's, pulling his large red leg over her stomach. Even if the foal wasn't his, Big Mac was still caring for it like his own. When they had waked back to the farm, he had been talking to her belly and kissed and rubbed it. He loved it no matter what.

"Look!" said Mac, snapping Fluttershy out of her thoughts. The sun was slowly sinking down below the horizon. Whenever she watched the sunset, Fluttershy imagined a red and orange sonic rainboom, or sonic sunset boom, that left traces of color in the sky, and that's what made it so beautiful. She had never shared that idea with Big Macintosh. They watched the sunset quietly but intently once again. Maybe she'd tell him her sunset idea next time. Right now, she just wanted to be with the stallion she loved.