• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,868 Views, 81 Comments

A Red and Yellow Affair - Horsegirl123



One favor for a yellow pegasus can bring on the cutest relationship? But, will it last? Get ready fo

  • ...
8
 81
 2,868

Chapter 12

Perspective: Fluttershy

"Married!" Fluttershy's friends screamed in unison. Fluttershy held her hoof up to reveal the gold band that graced her leg. They were gathered at the spa, all enjoying an herbal bath prepared by Zecora. The spa ponies still oh-ed and ah-ed at her natural remedies, and would constantly beg her for her secrets, though Zecora, much like a magician, would never tell.

Applejack and Pinkie Pie quickly swam over to Fluttershy, splashing water everywhere as they went. Rarity dodged each chunk of flying water as she gracefully paddled to the other side of the bath where Fluttershy was, still managing to keep her perfectly styled mane from getting a drop of water on it. Twilight stayed on the other side of the bath alone as her friends stampeded at Fluttershy at the news. Rainbow hung upside down over Fluttershy by now, refusing to enjoy a relaxing bath, in fear that it may tarnish her dare-devil persona. Pinkie Pie was about to drown herself as she had her head under the bath water, blowing water as she talked while submerged. "Pinkie Pie, you are so random." chuckled Rainbow from above as she watched the pink pony do one of her many crazy things.

Suddenly, the bubbles stopped and Pinkie popped her head up from under the water. Her mane laid flat and straight from the water contact. Pinkie looked up at the new style, scowled a little, then shook her head rapidly like a dog, ears flapping and hair flailing until it returned back to its dry state of a frizzy, curly nest. The spraying water from her makeshift air dry flew at the rest of her friends, who squealed at the cold sensation of the water.

"My mane!" complained Rarity as she half-heartedly batted the limp hair that had flattened from the water sprits.

"Oh! Sorry Rarity!" apologized Rarity, though Pinkie gave no hint if she was going to tell her confused friends what she had been doing in the first place.

"Uh, Pinkie, what were you doing before?" questioned Rainbow.

"Shaking out my mane. I hate it straight." Pinkie cocked her head to the side and smiled happily as if she had just given the perfect answer. Rainbow Dash face-hoofed.

"No, under the water, Pinkie." chimed in Rarity.

"Oooohhhhh," drawled Pinkie Pie, "I was stopping myself. You see, I'm the best at parties, everypony knows that. And I'm just at good at weddings and wedding receptions, remember when I planned Princess Cadence's? That was a hoot!" Pinkie rambled on as her friends struggled to keep up on the quickly paced sentences. "So when Fluttershy, one of my bestest friends ever in Equestria, said she was getting married, I knew I would be the one to plan her wedding party!" Pinkie squealed in delight at her own appointed news.

"But why did you put your head in the water?" asked Dash.

"Well obviouslyyyy, Dashie, I couldn't have Fluttershy know of all my plans for her. I had so many ideas to get off my chest, so I said them under the water so no pony would hear." The five friends looked at each other and shrugged, agreeing silently that Pinkie was just being Pinkie.

Changing the subject, Rarity quickly chirped "Oh Fluttershy! You must, must, must let me design your dress. You must. You must! You must!" Rarity sounded a lot like when she had begged Fluttershy to pursue her modeling career with Photo-Finish.

"Of course Rarity. No one can make a dress like you do." Rarity blushed at Fluttershy's compliment.

"Oo! Maybe I'll do a take-off of what I made Princess Cadence's dress like. Maybe a hint of green. Or pink to go with your hair! Or maybe-"

Rarity was interrupted by an intentionally loud clearing of somepony's throat, and everyponies attention turned to the lone purple unicorn mare on the other side of the tub. "If I may interject, Rarity, I just think it's not a great idea to get married, Flutterhsy. I mean, you're so young, and my brother is like ten years older than you, and he just got married. Don't you think your rushing things?" Before Fluttershy could get a word out, Applejack broke her daze from the gold band to put in her input as well.

"Yeah, Sugarcube. I mean, I'm plum happy that you're gonna be my sis and everythin', but you and Mac haven't known each other for too long, dontcha think? Yet agin before Fluttershy replied Rarity blocked Fluttershy's face from the rest with a pony shield.

"Nonesense! She can get married if she wants to! And I'm disappointed in you two for not supporting our friend. I, for one am extremely excited to be part of this wedding. Rainbow and Pinkie shook their heads in agreement, and Applejack and Twilight looked at each other unsurely. They stared for a bit, then smiled and swam over to embrace Fluttershy, indicating they approved. Fluttershy beamed at the support of her friends.

"And of course you will all be my bridesmaids, right?" Each pony shrieked a yes, which made Fluttershy give out a fearful eep which made them all alugh and embrace in a hug. Zecora, who was pouring more secret herbs into the bath, broke up the hug with a word of her own,

"Dear pony, what a happy day! For this event, you shall not pay today. Have a good life, now that you have become a wife." Zecora beamed and trotted away, trailed by the spa ponies who were still begging for her recipe, of whom she flicked away with her tail in annoyance.

Fluttershy walked towards Sweet Apple Acres, relaxed from her spa day with all of her best friends. Now she was going to spend some time with her fiancé and she couldn't be happier. She had a sustainable job, a husband-to-be, and five amazing friends who she could always rely on. Fluttershy was happier then she had been in years. Admist her thoughts, Fluttershy didn't hear the frantic screams getting closer and closer to her. It wasn't unitl it was too late.

Derpy Hooves slammed into Fluttershy, spiraling out of control from the sky. They both fell to the dirt road. Fluttershy rubbed her head, trying to figure out what happened. Derpy Hooves sat on the ground beside Fluttershy, eyes crossed, her mouth turned down. "Sorry Fluttershy. I'm not too good at flying."

Fluttershy smiled and offered a hoof to Derpy to help her up. "That's ok, Ditzy." Fluttershy had known Derpy since summer flight camp when she was little, but always refdfused to call her Derpy, the nickname she had been given when she was a filly. Fluttershy felt that it was insulting, so she stuck to calling her Ditzy. Fluttershy didn't know if Derpy even knew what Derpy meant.

Derpy took the hoof and stood herself up. "Fluttershy, you know you can call me Derpy, right?" Fluttershy nodded and smiled.

"So, Ditzy? How's the mail route?"

"Its fine. Hey, you want a muffin?"

"I would love one." Fluttershy graciously took the treat, and her eyes shot open at the deliciousnous of the particular banana-nut muffin. "Ditzy, this is fantastic!"

"Aw, thanks. We haven't hung out in forever. Hey you want to come to Cloudsdale with me tonight? The Wonderbolts are performing, and there's a meet-and-greet after."

"I don't know. I mean, who will take care of my animals…" faded out Fluttershy shyly.

"They'll be fine! Please please please?"

"Okay." Quietly said Fluttershy as she was swooped into a hug by Derpy.

"Yay!" Derpy shook her rump and shot into the air…crookedly. Fluttershy smiled at the bubbly pegasus. She continued on her path to see her fiancé, excited about the date she just made with her friend.

Fluttershy made good time getting to Sweet Apple Acres. Big Macintosh was busy at work, and Applejack was with Rainbow Dash in the park. They had left together after the spa trip. They said that the spa was too fru-fruuy and they needed to get down and dirty.

Fluttershy pumped her wings delicately and flew over to where Big Mac was in the orchard. He smiled as she momentarily blocked the sun over his eyes as she flew by. She landed silently and walked over to where he was bucking. They rubbed noses. "How was your day at the spa Sugarcube?"asked Mac. He waited for an answer as Fluttershy thought of what to say.

She smiled and said "Nice." He playfully snorted in her face at the short answer and she giggled.

"So, Mac, I promised Ditzy Doo that I would go to a Wonderbolts show tonight in Cloudsdale. So, I'll spend all day with you tomorrow, I promise."

"I'll miss you, Sugarcube." Flutttershy embraced her stallion and kissed him delicately. She spread her wings, and took off. Big Mac watched her until she disappeared into the layer of clouds, and he wished the moment could last forever.