• Published 2nd Nov 2017
  • 5,722 Views, 41 Comments

My Little Pony: An Epic Adventure - CJ Esmerio



A slightly-extended version of the 2017 theatrical film.

  • ...
1
 41
 5,722

Beyond Equestria, Part 1

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: The Movie" is owned by Hasbro and Lionsgate.

After having walked for several hours, almost everyone was getting a little tired... but it wasn't all because of walking, in general.

"Alright, one last round - I spy with my little eye… something purple!"

All of the ponies (and one dragon) except for a certain alicorn replied, "It's Twilight."

As she continued her backward bouncing, Pinkie gasped, and cried, "Wow! You all got that one right… well, except for you, Twilight, but what matters is - oof!"

Suddenly, the pink pony found herself tripping over a small boulder, and a concerned Twilight asked, "Pinkie! Are you okay?"

"Ab-so-lutely," replied Pinkie. "But, uh, how come everypony but me is upside down?"

Applejack let out a sigh, and she began helping her friend stand up straight.

"Ohhhh…"

Then, the orange Earth Pony looked around a few times, and said, "Uh, Twi, ya think maybe it'd be best if we find someplace to rest at for the night?"

"Uh, you do realize that the sun is still up in the sky, right?" reminded a confused Rainbow, and Applejack rolled her eyes.

"I know that, Rainbow, but it don't mean we can't rest ourselves for an hour or so," said the pony who represented honesty.

A scowling Rarity exclaimed, "And just where exactly do you intend for all of us to rest at, AJ? There's nothing around us except for trees and rocks!"

"I can see that," replied Applejack, and she pointed at a nearby cave that was several feet away. "But I also see a place for us to get some rest before we continue on with this here journey, and I'm pretty sure you know that one spell to turn somethin' into somethin' else, Twilight?"

"A transfiguration spell? Yeah, of course," said the young princess, who also looked unsure about this. "But I don't know if every pony wants to-"

Rainbow suddenly interrupted by letting out a loud yawn, and she said, "Now that she mentions it, Twilight, I wouldn't mind gettin' some shut eye for an hour or so."

After they walked inside of the cave, Twilight still looked hesitant, so Casey wrapped a hoof around her, saying, "Besides, we're all going to need energy once we meet those hungry, hungry hippos… am I right?"

A chuckle came out of Twilight's mouth, and Pinkie found herself giggling. "Good one, Casey… ooh, that sounds like it could be a song! Hungry, hungry hip-pos! Hungry, hungry hip-pos!"

Rarity blew out some air from the side of her muzzle as she sat herself down, and muttered, "Just how are we going to get some rest if we're listening to that?"

"I got this," replied Twilight. "Hey, Pinkie, do you mind showing everypony the way you yawn your ABC's?"

Pinkie happily nodded her head, and gave the princess a salute. "Sure thing!"

Then, after Twilight used her magic to turn a stick into a pillow, Pinkie began to yawn a few times before she eventually ended up lying her head on top of the white-and-fluffy object, now sound asleep.

"How'd ya know that was gonna work on her?" wondered Applejack, while the princess began using her magic to turn whatever was around them into pillows and blankets.

"Because it's happened every other time so far," replied a smiling Twilight.

After fluffing up her own pillow several times, Rarity sighed, and said, "Well, it's not exactly a five-star hotel, but I suppose that all of us being together is what matters the most…"

"Thank you, Twilight," replied Fluttershy, a small smile appearing on her face.

Rainbow was about to go to sleep when she began to smirk, as well as saying, "I'm surprised you and Casey didn't decide to keep this cave all to yourselves… we would've understood."

This caused the young couple to start blushing very quickly, but it also allowed Applejack to thump Rainbow on the back of her head.

"Ow!" exclaimed the blue Pegasus, and she glared at her friend with frustration. "How long are you gonna keep doing that?"

"Till I feel like I don't got to do it anymore," replied Applejack.


As her airship made its final preparations, Tempest decided to pay a quick visit to the prisoner that would be with them while searching for the remaining princess.

Once she entered one of the ship's rooms, the dark purple unicorn closed the door behind her, and said, "You know, for someone that will eventually become a statue like the others, I would've figured that you would have at least asked me to help you not become frozen."

"Maybe because I know my friends will find a way to help me," replied a caged-up Starlight, whose entire left hind leg was turned into stone.

A small chuckle came out of Tempest's muzzle, and she said, "Your friends are locked away with the other ponies that the Storm Creatures have captured… and soon enough, the same will happen to the princess of friendship once we've found her."

Starlight remained silent, hoping that wherever Twilight was at, she was safe, but then, she became surprised after hearing what else Tempest had to say.

"I just thought of something, little pony… you must have some sort of relationship with the princess, right? How about you help me try to find her, and I promise not to turn her into a statue, along with making sure that you're still moving by the time this is all over."

The light-purple unicorn shook her head, much to Tempest's displeasure. "There is no way I would ever help a 'unicorn' like you after everything that's happened at your hooves to everypony else I care about."

Tempest's horn started to send out sparks of her raw power, and before firing off an attack, she said, "Suit yourself."

BZZZZZZZTTT!


All of the Mane 6, as well as Spike, were now sound asleep, but Casey had been unable to get some rest, so he was now sitting by the cave's entrance.

Part of me wants to ask you for help, thought the light-orange pony, as he looked down at his self-made watch. But the rest of me knows that I can't depend on you all the time… besides, it's my fault that neither of us can-

"Casey?"

He turned around, and saw a wide-awake Twilight coming towards him.

"I thought you were asleep…"

After sitting down next to her special somepony, she replied, "I was, but I'm too worried about everypony else back in Canterlot… and how we can convince the queen of the hippos to help us."

Casey nodded his head, understanding what she was saying, and Twilight looked down at his watch. "Do you think he would've been able to help us?"

"I'm not sure, to be honest," replied Casey. "And even if he could, it doesn't matter because Kronos made it clear that I'd have to prove myself in order for us to see each other again."

Before Twilight could give him a comforting response, he added, "It's also my fault that it happened in the first place… if I'd stopped Elixir sooner, or realized that Kronos had been the one to-"

"You don't have to blame yourself for all that stuff," interrupted Twilight, placing a hoof on his shoulder. "Besides, I'm pretty sure that he's happy enough with you being here… just like how I'm happy you're here."

Casey smiled at her, and he replied, "I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be."

"Good…" said Twilight.

Then, the two of them realized how close they were to each other, but before either of them could do anything, Rainbow muttered, "Uh, if you two don't mind, some of us are trying to get some shut-eye, so could you not flirt with each other until after we've gotten some rest?"

"We're not flirting," whispered an annoyed Casey. "We're having a conversation!"

Rainbow rolled her eyes, and replied, "Okay whatever you two love ponies say - ow! Seriously?!"


Once everypony had gotten a decent amount of rest, it was time for them to continue heading south, but once they were out of the forest, Rarity began to shake her head, not wanting to walk any further.

"What's wrong now?" asked Rainbow, and the white unicorn pointed at what was in front of them.

"That is the problem, Rainbow Dash… a beautiful pony like - I mean, beautiful mares like us should not be walking into the desert!"

While Casey and Spike rolled their eyes, Pinkie Pie started pushing Rarity into the direction that they were heading in. "Come on, this'll be fun! Besides, you did say you were ready to save Equestria, riiiiggght?"

"Well, yes, but… oh, fine," said Rarity, having realized that she wouldn't be able to find a way out of this.

"Besides, the desert looks pretty empty and harmless," added Pinkie. "I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen to us out here?"