• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 2,057 Views, 47 Comments

Samneo: The Earth Pony - Samuel-Neocros



It was a regular day, until a stallion named Sam, mysteriously showed up. He has no memory of where he was from, not even knowing what a Cutie Mark is! Soon Sam must discover who he is, and defeat the coming darkness that threatens Ponyville...

  • ...
4
 47
 2,057

A Question Answered?

”A Question Answered?”

An albino unicorn ran through the woods, seemingly filled with anxiety and terror. The rain made the mud move on it's own, as it splashed up from her hooves. Her mane was flying as she ran so fast, so no pony could see her.

Her eyes glowed in the darkness of the night, and she resonated a moon-lit glow. She finally slowed down, before seeing a clearing and with one last push. She had found herself outside of the forest. The unicorn looked up at the night sky. There was a small star, that glowed a teal green color with a bit of blues here and there. Below the star was another star that seemed off, this other star was dark, it looked like an eclipse, but much smaller in scale. The eclipse star was slowly moving up towards the green star. The unicorn watched as the two stars were getting ever so closer to one another.

"Once the stars align... The battle, between the demon and the dragon, will begin."

The unicorn's voice was slightly booming, but soft in a motherly sense. The unicorn perked her ears up slightly, hearing a faint metal shrill coming from the sky. She turned to her right, and noticed a flaming comet flying down, she watched it carefully. "I see, so the other Neo entered this world, into this other Dimension."

At first, the comet seemed small, but as it drew closer to her area, it's appearance resembled a spacecraft. The ship was about three houses in length, the ship didn't look vary threatening. It landed before the unicorn, and she proceeded to trot over to the crashed ship...


Sam didn't feel right. He felt like he could vomit at any second. He paced around, trying to figure out why he was feeling like this. The feeling in his stomach refused to let up, and he visited the bathroom a couple of times, but he wasn’t sure what this was. He took a deep breath, realizing that his knowledge couldn’t bring any conclusion. Didn’t that shadowy thing in his dream tell him he had amnesia?

The earth pony trotted out of the room, and went to go find Twilight.

Wandering about, Sam found himself getting a bit lost, but he vaguely remembered where the princess’ quarters were. As he was nearing to the purple alicorn’s room, he ran into Spike.

“Oh Hi Sam!” Spike said. Sam flinched, but sighed.

“Hey.” He replied, sounding a bit saddened.

“What’re you feeling down about?” Spike asked.

Sam quickly explained what he was feeling, and Spike’s reaction was understandably concerned.

“I see, do you need something to help?”

“Yeah.” He said. Spike rubbed the back of his head as he looked to Twilight’s room.


Dark groaned as he walked down a dirt path. He was hitting his head out of frustration. Where he was at was in a cavern, with rays of light coming out of the cracks in the ceiling. He kicked some rocks as he entered a small room within the cave.

The room seemed to be connected to other hallways and tunnels, in which Dark came from. There were a few shadowy parts that were not in the sun’s rays.

Ugh...! Lost the bet... AGAIN!”

“Kehehel... Oh Dark...” A crackly, yet high pitched voice echoed behind him, from the tunnel he came from. Dark Sam turned around, his white eyes piercing at a snake-like creature behind him. He wasn’t able to get any detail however, for that the creature suddenly vanished. A giggle being heard after.

Dark scoffed at this.

Stop playing mind games, Slaughter.”He growled with annoyance.

Another chilling giggle was heard, and a set of eyes appeared just up ahead of where Dark was going. The eyes were in a shadowed hallway, but the hallway had a few rays of light behind the eyes, allowing Dark to see the outline of a slender neck and oddly shaped horns.

The eyes mirrored his, being white in color, the only difference between the two, were that the new eyes were circular, rather than almond shaped. They locked eyes, staring at each other for what felt like a few minutes, before the circular eyes showed their lifeless pupils, and the optics turning gray.

“I thought that you were a total buffoon out there. Even Voss wouldn’t pull that stunt of a personality you had, out there.” Slaughter mocked.

Even in the daytime your words are redundant.”Dark barked back. Slaughter bite his bottom lip, though Dark couldn’t tell. “Just as redundant as your sexuality.”

“That’s not right man.” Slaughter pointed out, causing Dark to grow anxious, he wasn’t suppose to say anything that was inappropriate, other wise they would be ticked.

Slaughter grinned, his silver teeth shining in the light.

“So now... now that you lost our bet, there ain’t going back now.”

Oh, get lost.”

“Why so serious? You weren’t being serious when you faced them.”

The hell...?” Dark muttered under his breath.

He knew Slaughter as being arrogant sometimes, but he never expected him to suddenly know his stuff. Then again this guy was unpredictable.

“Don’t think I didn’t hear that.” Slaughter chuckled. The only thing that can describe Slaughter’s voice, was that he would voice crack a lot.

“Ugh... so what do I get again?”

“You don’t remember? Don’t be stupid.” Slaughter said.

Slaughter then slowly crept out of the shadows. Dark Sam unsheathed his pitch-black blade, and backed away slowly, holding the pitch black blade close to him.

Crud... I shouldn’t have made the bet in the first place... Thankfully I can form a new body.” Dark thought.


Sam wasn’t that sick, but he did feel like he could fall over, and so Twilight had given him some medicine, and sent him to bed.

Fortunately, night was close.

Sam was still plundering about the questions that plagues him.

Why is he here?

How is he able to turn into a dragon?

And ultimately, Who was he?

That’s when he remembered that vision he had before he transformed into a dragon. In the vision, which was slowly fading from his memory, he saw the sun falling towards the planet. But that’s all he remembers from the top of his head, the rest flew past him like a blur.

Suddenly, an idea emerged from Sam’s questions.

“Maybe that guy from my dream could help me...” He whispered to himself.

The earth pony quickly tried to sleep, however he couldn’t find the will to. So he grabbed his pillow, and tried to find the right position. Sam hugged it softly. He didn’t know why, but Sam thought of Rainbow for a brief moment...


He didn’t know how he got to sleep, but he did it. Now was the time to answer the major questions to the mystery guy. The dream itself was that of a garden, but everything surrounding the garden was fog, like nothingness. The garden housed different kinds of flowers, as well as vegetables. Sam found this setting rather... questionable.

Good to see you.

The voice from before came. Sam turned around, and the shadow with red eyes was there. Sam flinched at the sight of seeing it behind him. The shadow made a chuckle with closed eyes, it’s chuckle sounding rough and dark.

Why’re you so afraid...?

“I’m here to ask you, the questions that have plagued me recently.”

The shadow leered at him with a sign of annoyance.

Is it about Twilight?

“Uhm.. no.”

Let me guess, it’s happened recently, and starts with the letter “W”.

Sam blinked.

“What kind of guess is that?”

Whatever.

Sam shook his head, before he proceeded with the interrogation.

“Where have I come from?”

I cannot answer that, however...

The shadow begun looking around the area, as if he was checking if no pony was here other than him and Sam.

I can answer the question on Who you are.

Sam’s eyes lit up, eager to have some questions answered.

You are Sam, however, you have something, or rather, someone inside you. They’re something that you’ve been tasked at protecting, as well as feel them flow through you, just so they can become the next you.

Sam was off put by this information. But took it nevertheless.

In order for you to awaken them, you must be pacifist--mostly. You can get away with hurting the bad, and putting them in their place, however you must not be committed any sort of crimes, or else.

“Uhm.. Okay.”

You must not love anypony else, other than the mare of your life. Also, you’re my counterpart, but you won’t be for vary long.

Sam took this information carefully.

Oh, and also; your ex-girlfriend wants you real bad.

Sam was taken aback.

“W-what?”

Then the dream ended.


Sam jolted awake, surprised at what the shadow told him. He looked around the room, wondering what had just happened. He decided to write this down, and proceed with his morning.

He quickly wrote down summaries of what the shadow said, and what he was detailing. While he was writing, he felt the words slowly move away from his thoughts. He was bored by the time he wrote everything down. While he was bored though, he took the extra time to sketch out a brief outline of what the shadow looked like...

In the next chapter:
Two of the Main Six have been captured, and it’s up to Sam to stop whatever Slaughter has planned for them!

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, had to get some things done, had some family issues, and finally here I am. Let me know what you think down below!

UPDATE: Changed some dialogue, and added a little bit. I will be posting #4 soon, so don’t miss out!

UPDATE: 3/29/2019
Changed a name somewhere, see if you can find it...

4/2/2019:
Adjusted some dialogue.