• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 2,056 Views, 47 Comments

Samneo: The Earth Pony - Samuel-Neocros



It was a regular day, until a stallion named Sam, mysteriously showed up. He has no memory of where he was from, not even knowing what a Cutie Mark is! Soon Sam must discover who he is, and defeat the coming darkness that threatens Ponyville...

  • ...
4
 47
 2,056

The Dream before the Awakening

The night sky was lit with stars, as well as Luna’s moon. The moon shined through the window in Sam’s bedroom. Sam was hugging his spare pillow softly, and breathing softly. As he dreamed, so did the dragon within him...


Inside the mind of Neocros

Neocros opened his eyes, and glanced down at his hands. He felt a strange feeling, a feeling that he felt whenever he would spot her. Neocros lifted his gaze from his hands, and to his surroundings. He was in a field of flowers, with the sky clear of clouds. The mix of smells from the flowers gave the field a pleasant aroma. Neocros then noticed a moving organism on the horizon. He hardly noticed it until now, since they're color was almost the same color as the sky. Soon his own suspicious thoughts were confirmed when the flying object revealed itself as Rainbow Dash.

She was flying through the sky, pulling of barrel rolls, and other tricks. Neocros observed the Pegasus, as he stroked his shoulder, trying not to get shy. It didn't take long for Rainbow to take notice of Neocros' presence. She landed right in front of him, squishing the flowers underneath her. He stepped back for a second, due to the suddenness of her action, but quickly brushed himself mentally, and stared down at her. Rainbow looked up at Neocros, with a look of surprise.

"Hi there, big guy!"

He tilted his head, in response. Rainbow smiled warmly, before rubbing the back of her neck.

"Uh.. yeah, so.. anyway. What's your name?"

"..." Neocros was unsure how to say it, since he was finding it difficult to speak. But he soon sighed, and whispered his name.

Rainbow Dash then flapped her wings. She hovered as she met him at eye level.

"Neocros, huh? Cool name. So... what's up?"

Before Neocros could answer, however, he was interrupted by the sound of a scream. He turned to the sound, which came from his right. The flowers over at the spot where he heard the scream, were noticeably in the air. Then he saw a large, slender, humanoid figure manifest on the horizon. The figure itself lacked features, it was like a giant shadow. He shuttered as the figure got closer. He was unable to make out it's features, but judging from it's aura, the creature didn't feel pleasant.

He turned, and saw that Dash had vanished. Neocros blinked, before his eyes widened with fear and anxiety. Why was this happening to him? Where did she go? And why's the monster coming right for him!?

Neocros snapped his gaze over to the apparition, just in time to see it outstretch it's arms. It reached for him, with arms that resembled tentacles. He quickly tried to run, but he felt like he was walking through mud.

As the arms were reaching for him, he also felt a new presence come forth... but he wasn't able to identify it, for that he was too scared in the moment.

"Help..." Was all he thought, before he turned around. What he saw, was unexpected. The apparition's arms stopped reaching for him, and just lingered there, outstretched. Neocros tilted his head, thinking of what could possibly be abnormal in this situation. But vary quickly he realized that the monster didn't stop for no reason.

The forearms of the figure suddenly fell. The arms hit the ground, there was a clean cut on both forearms, as well as the arms that remained attached. Neocros blinked at the rather unexpected answer he was given. Then the apparition itself fell to it's knees, before collapsing face down. He watched as the creature faded from existence, in which it faded with no trace of it ever being there.

Then Rainbow flew in front of Neocros' line of sight. She landed in front of him again.

"Neo!" She called. Neocros quickly noticed that she looked slightly different than last time. Her left wing was missing, and was replaced with a metal one. Rainbow trotted up to him. "Why don't you--"

He was unable to hear what she said next, and was taken to another scene entirely... as he continues to dream different scenarios, with each one having it's own unique feel...


When Sam woke up, he wondered why he felt lethargic again. He thought for a moment on why this was occurring, but he wasn’t able to come to any conclusions. However, he felt a warm, but oddly serene feeling in his chest. It’s almost as if there was a moderately cold ice pack on the area. Sam looked down, and gasped. His chest was glowing blue, like how it would before he transforms. Yet, here, it seemed like it was in a frozen state.

Sam immediately got out of bed, and quickly made it to the bathroom. He stared in the mirror in bewilderment.

“W-why is this happening!?” He whispered to himself. His fear was short lived, thankfully, by a voice. But this one was different than before, this was oddly feminine.

“Samuel, it’s time, to unleash the dragon inside you...” The voice sounded like a mature female. He heard it in his ears.

“W-who’s there?” He asked, as he turned his head to look behind him.

“I encourage you to go to the forest.” She instructed. “In the Everfree Forest, you will find the fifth memory... locked away inside a Spacecraft...”

Sam found this questionable, but decided to at least investigate...


It was near sunrise, and the nocturnal critters were returning to their dens. Voss, Dark, and Slaughter were walking to an unknown area. The place itself, was a base of operations. It was the home of their employers.

The area itself was covering the grass with a weirdly rubber ground, it was black, with different blue reflections, as if it was paved over the grass and dirt like concrete. When the moon shined on the rubbery substance, it showed the blue reflection, rather than the reflection of the moon. They appeared to be highlights more than anything. But now that the sun was rising, they have turned into a purple color. In the center of the area, was a figure, wearing a royal blue cloak. He was talking with another figure, who’s cloak is red instead of blue. Judging from the shape of the one with the red cloak, it appeared to be feminine in shape. Voss told Dark and Slaughter to stay behind.

Voss slowly approached the two figures. The red cloaked figure saw him at the corner of their eye, and pointed towards him. The blue cloaked figure followed the other’s gaze, just in time to see Voss arrive.

“Hey, Molgovon.” Voss spoke. Molgovon turned around, with his one red eye.

“Hello, Samvoss.” He greeted.

“Ugh... I told you to not call me by that name!” Samvoss thought.

“Managed to distract him?” He asked. Voss nodded, and proceeded to gesture Dark and Slaughter to come. Voss had turned to Molgovon’s left side, and met eyes with the red cloaked figure. Now that he had a closer look, the figure was definitely female, due to the slight bust on her. Molgovon noticed Voss’ rather occupied gaze, and decided to introduce his partner.

“This is Vorita, she’s my assistant, and... sister.” Molgovon sounded sheepish at the end of the sentence, but Voss paid no mind. Vorita was wearing a blood-red kimono, with snake and tentacle patterns on it. Her face was obscured by the hood of the cloak. Her eyes were red, with black, cat-like pupils. Her mouth was almost non-existent, until she grinned, in which it glowed like a jack-o-lantern. The teeth were sharp, and shaped like pizza slices. She knew that Voss found himself staring at her rather busty chest.

“Excuse me, my eyes are up here.” She teased, giggling when Voss glared up at her face. Molgovon turned to her, with clinched fists.

“Vorita, only Sorsi does those!” Molgovon growled.

“Aww, but I miss her though, Can’t I remind you how much I love my sis?” She whined. Molgovon practically face-palmed. He was wondering why he even bothered letting Vorita join in their great plan. But still, she’s needed, regardless.

“So anyways... I’m preparing my spells, and gathering the materials necessary for Sorsirina’s return. Now that Sam thinks he’s won.”

“So... you going to pay us?” Slaughter asked, suddenly. “We did our jobs, to distract Sam.”

There was complete silence between the five. It seemed to last for about a minute, as Molgovon contemplated on telling the horrible truth. Voss smirked, as he sensed the unease in Molgovon’s face. The fact that he was looking anywhere but the trio was just a bonus. Even though Voss had swung his mood to a much positive one, the feelings he had earlier were still apparent in his veins. Samvoss decided to float to the ground, allowing his skeletal feet to land on the ground.

“You don’t have the money, do you?” Samvoss questioned. Molgovon didn’t know how to respond, despite the fact that he was more powerful than Voss could ever be. However, besides that, he felt almost no remorse for not getting the funds necessary to pay these guys. Voss was getting impatient. “Are you going to answer or not?”

Dark and Slaughter knew they weren’t paying, due to what Voss heard earlier. However, they wanted to hear the pathetic excuse that comes from Molgovon’s mouth.

“Yeah, could you pay us now?” Slaughter asked, impatiently.

“If you scammed us--!”

“Guys, chill.”

“Well, master of the obvious... We weren’t going to pay for you guys, we just needed some peasants to keep that boy busy.” Molgovon said, bluntly. Voss, Dark, and Slaughter growled.

“I knew it!”

“Yeah. Even if we did decide to pay you, we’re practically broke from our travel here to Equestria!”

Before the trio could even say a word, Molgovon waved his hand in front of them, which resulted in them disappearing in a puff of smoke--a form of teleportation. Molgovon stood there, feeling like he just dodged a bullet.

“No matter, they served their purpose.” He said. “All that matters, is for Sam to not know of Sorsirina’s plans...”

“So Molgy, Are you ready to head out?” Vorita asked. Molgovon bowed his head, smirking as the pleasure of getting a rise out of Voss and the others still resonated.

“Yes, It’s time...” He turned around, and proceeded to leave the room. “I’ll meet you outside, it’s time we take revenge on Samuel...”


Voss, Dark, and Slaughter reappeared on top of a mountain. Dark almost fell off, due to the fact that they appeared near the edge of the cliff. The three stood in silence, recollecting what just happened. It was only a few minutes, before all three roared in both betrayal, frustration, and hate. They were ripped off, and they were duped to these people. After what felt like three minutes, Voss lost track at four, the trio sat down, to regroup...

Even though they knew Molgovon didn’t have the money, they were somewhat surprised that they actually didn’t want to pay. From what Voss had said, they seemed like they were GOING to give them their fair share, but changed their minds.


In The Next One:
Sam has a dream about the location of a Memory Orb, so he proceeds to go find it. However, while he’s away, he runs into some familiar faces. Soon they must work together to face the upcoming threat, in an effort to awaken Neocros!

Author's Note:

Hope you’ve enjoyed!